Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 25, 7:50 PM
Nov 2016
I'm completely new to this franchise, so episode 0 is basically a preview of the things that will happen in the future, it contains a lot of spoilers so I should probably skip it for now I guess, and see if episode 1 starts from chapter 1.

And the 2 movies are basically this anime cut in pieces with more added content so I can just skip the movie and watch this anime instead assuming episode 1 starts from chapter 1, right? And btw, I believe the movie started from chapter 1, correct?

What am I missing here, is this the correct way to approach this franchise?
May 25, 7:58 PM
Nov 2023
I just watched it because it appeared on Crunchyroll, have little idea what happened except casual murder seems ok in dystopian Japan. Probably best to wait until a more structured production is available!
May 25, 8:10 PM

Aug 2016
As someone who finished the manga months ago, releasing that episode 0 was an AWFUL idea. It doesnt only spoil certain events, but it also gives information that might feel info-dumpish If you arent familiar with the early arcs. Just avoid this episode and dont watch it till you are close to finish the anime (implying it gives us a coherent release and it doesn't jump back and forward in time) or have finished the manga already.
:v
May 25, 9:22 PM
Jul 2019
Just watched ep 0 and the series overall seems pretty interesting actually, I know most people are avoiding it but it doesn't feel that bad for a newcomer like me
May 26, 12:45 AM
Aug 2021
xZabuzax said:
I'm completely new to this franchise, so episode 0 is basically a preview of the things that will happen in the future, it contains a lot of spoilers so I should probably skip it for now I guess, and see if episode 1 starts from chapter 1.

And the 2 movies are basically this anime cut in pieces with more added content so I can just skip the movie and watch this anime instead assuming episode 1 starts from chapter 1, right? And btw, I believe the movie started from chapter 1, correct?

What am I missing here, is this the correct way to approach this franchise?

i don't know where the movie started from, i haven't watched it neither I plan to watch it. I have read manga and this episode 0 starts from chapter 80-90 (can't remember much clearly) but this has started near the end.
idk why they did this thing and maybe from episode 1 it will start normally from chapter 1
May 26, 2:59 AM

May 2009
Why are you calling it franchise?

Also why are you hiding your lists? Are you a coward? Grow some spine.
May 26, 4:17 AM

Apr 2015
I didn't know anything when I watched episode 0 and later came to know about it.
Tbh, if the anime staff decided to make an episode 0 then there must be a reason, we should trust them and watch how they want us to.
May 26, 8:22 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to bastek66
Why are you calling it franchise?

Also why are you hiding your lists? Are you a coward? Grow some spine.

@bastek66 My list is hidden because it's none of your goddamn business.
May 26, 5:47 PM

Dec 2020
Dunno about watchin' ep 0 or not...but I can't find the 2 movies. So, can you provide the source
May 26, 6:12 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to GeoXsf9
Dunno about watchin' ep 0 or not...but I can't find the 2 movies. So, can you provide the source

@GeoXsf9 The MAL section for the 2 movies is here:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/51358/Dead_Dead_Demons_Dededede_Destruction
May 26, 6:14 PM

Dec 2020

Ayoo I didn't mean or that. Asked for the site where can I watch those movies
May 26, 6:19 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to GeoXsf9

@GeoXsf9 I'm trying to find the 2 movies on anime torrent websites and I can't find them either, I guess the reason we can't find them yet is that we don't have a good source for them, they need to be released in Bluray first or something.

The only thing available so far is episode 0.
May 27, 8:34 AM
Aug 2019
Reply to GeoXsf9

@GeoXsf9 gonna have to wait like at least 6 months for the blu-ray. second movie just released a few days ago
May 29, 3:03 PM

Apr 2008
Reply to MichaelJackson
As someone who finished the manga months ago, releasing that episode 0 was an AWFUL idea. It doesnt only spoil certain events, but it also gives information that might feel info-dumpish If you arent familiar with the early arcs. Just avoid this episode and dont watch it till you are close to finish the anime (implying it gives us a coherent release and it doesn't jump back and forward in time) or have finished the manga already.
@MichaelJackson Reminds me of X Episode 0. I'm glad for both I was warned.
May 31, 8:20 AM

Apr 2021
As a newcomer who didn't manage to get into the manga yet, the episodes 0 and 1 hooked me with great direction, art, animation and atmosphere.
This is without doubt going to be my preferred show released in 2024 until now.
May 31, 9:20 AM
Nov 2019
It’s the same studio that did orbital children which I found a bit boring… hope it’s better

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (ONA) Episode 2 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 6

32 by Flomik »»
8 hours ago

» Watch episode 0 before you watch episode 17

SabreDrago - Sep 20

11 by xZabuzax »»
Today, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (ONA) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

109 by xZabuzax »»
Today, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (ONA) Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 12

90 by Jonas-K »»
Sep 22, 2:17 PM

» So, how should i watch this?

WraFh - Sep 21

8 by Nostalgik »»
Sep 21, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.