Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 23, 6:21 AM
May 2019
Who in the heck would actually watch this subtitled? It had a God Tier English cast that's been riding this show strong for 11 years. I'll probably get no responses because every good soldier watches this the proper way which is English dubbed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 23, 6:33 AM
Apr 2024
Mio killed everyone for Shido, this shows how cruel Mio is, if Shido forgives Mio and date with her in future episodes, i will remove DAL anime from my anime list, there is no anime as stupid as this anime, the stories of season 4 and 5 are so bad and the most stupid season is season 5, the anime turned into a harem anime, and now Shido will date with his mother and kiss her? lol
May 23, 6:36 AM
Mar 2023
The sub is as good or even better than the dub this season is the first for me that I’ve watched in sub and I absolutely love it,

As someone who watches in bot dub and dub,
the dub is incredible and the casting incredible but only covers the anime with the other content being the visual novels, drama CDs, and the light novels

it doesn’t Matter if you watch in sub or dub to me just enjoy the anime in whatever way you like
May 23, 6:37 AM
May 2019
Reply to 1Accelerator
Mio killed everyone for Shido, this shows how cruel Mio is, if Shido forgives Mio and date with her in future episodes, i will remove DAL anime from my anime list, there is no anime as stupid as this anime, the stories of season 4 and 5 are so bad and the most stupid season is season 5, the anime turned into a harem anime, and now Shido will date with his mother and kiss her? lol
@1Accelerator This has nothing to do with the English dub, lol. It's still 10/10 though. Don't worry, I've heard some time travel tomfoolery is pulled later on that saves everyone 😆
May 23, 6:38 AM

Jan 2021
because sub better, always is always was.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
May 23, 6:39 AM
Mar 2023
1Accelerator said:

Just wait until the end of the show or just read the light novel the show has been a harem from the start just wait until the rest of the volumes are adapted or simply read the light novel
May 23, 7:12 AM
May 2023
I don’t watch the dub bc of Shido’s English VA. That MF is on EVERTHING
SenshadouOtakuMay 23, 7:17 AM
May 23, 7:13 AM
May 2019
Reply to Cielord
@Cielord The only time I can say sub is better is with Oshi no Ko. Everything else is dub only unless there's no dub available such as Eromanga Sensei which is the first sub I watched back in 2022. This season I'm watching Train to the End of the World, Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night, A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics, The iDOLM@STER: Shiny Colors, The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio and Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included subtitled. Some of the best anime is subtitled only such as the legendary Monogatari series. So I'm happy I quit being a sub hater a couple years ago. So when will you stop being a dub hater?

(I'm passionate about this because I live next to Sentai Filmworks and I'm friends with alot of VA's)
May 23, 7:15 AM
May 2019
Reply to Cielord
@Cielord Just realized you're born a day after me. I'm September 3, 1982. I also own this..

https://x.com/Solidgearmara/status/1723897348273647708?t=vNMhHOIntzEWhAW4B0WChQ&s=19
May 23, 7:44 AM
Mar 2024
Oh no a dub watcher
May 23, 7:50 AM

Aug 2014
Idk, been watching jp dub with eng subs basically since I got into anime, tho I have seen dubbed anime as well but it's just a completely different feeling watching it in original language and end subs.
May 23, 8:32 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to 1Accelerator
@1Accelerator

it's mainly that dal has become serious and has greatly distanced himself from the harem/ecchi since the end of season 4. There's a moral meaning behind all this, and a lot of themes are tackled, but you still have to understand them... Mio isn't even human, I wouldn't call her a “mother”. And Shido clearly disagrees with her, as we'll see in the coming episodes, and his mission will surely be to save the world by any means necessary.

At least wait until the end of the season before giving it a 2/10.
May 23, 8:34 AM
Oct 2023
personally I always watch in vo, because they are really talented, but I know that for English speakers, the VA has always been good on this series.
May 23, 8:38 AM

Jul 2015
Because people so not like eating shit and can read. Simple as that.

May 23, 8:41 AM
Oct 2019
Because aside season 1 a decade ago I never watched it dubbed and when I started subbed I never got back so no I won't watch it dubbed because you say dubbed is great when in sub they have a cast of like Marina Inoue,Maaya Uchida,Taketatsu Ayana,Iori Nomizu,Sarah Emi Bridcutt,Aya Endo,Takehito Koyasu, Shizuka Itou and Asami Sanada who I think the dub cast would never come close to them ever.
May 23, 9:30 AM

Jan 2021
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
@Cielord The only time I can say sub is better is with Oshi no Ko. Everything else is dub only unless there's no dub available such as Eromanga Sensei which is the first sub I watched back in 2022. This season I'm watching Train to the End of the World, Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night, A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics, The iDOLM@STER: Shiny Colors, The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio and Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included subtitled. Some of the best anime is subtitled only such as the legendary Monogatari series. So I'm happy I quit being a sub hater a couple years ago. So when will you stop being a dub hater?

(I'm passionate about this because I live next to Sentai Filmworks and I'm friends with alot of VA's)

i will quit when i encounter a anime where the dub is better, i will give credit there are moments and characters where the dub va slightly surpass or on the same par as the sub va. (such as Erwin charge or sung jin woo character) but overall the sub is still better for those respective series.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
May 23, 9:40 AM

Feb 2016
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
Who in the heck would actually watch this subtitled?

Viewers who wish to understand those parts the dub doesn't translate.
その目だれの目?
May 23, 10:59 AM
Feb 2021
Bait post. Troll.
May 23, 11:22 AM
Dec 2022
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
Who in the heck would actually watch this subtitled? It had a God Tier English cast that's been riding this show strong for 11 years. I'll probably get no responses because every good soldier watches this the proper way which is English dubbed.

Cook brother! the dub is god tier stuff my nigga!
May 23, 11:24 AM
Dec 2022
Holy cook, bro! You're right? Why the hell will I watch DAL sub when the dub is just so peak? Nah, man. I prefer and love dub more than sub even though I watch both but the dub of DAL is phenomenal.
May 23, 11:28 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to 1Accelerator
@1Accelerator can the mods do something about the score and these stupid trolls. This anime is on track to win aots yet has a pathetically low score.
May 23, 12:25 PM

Apr 2015
Yes, I should totally take someone with 69 in their username's advice to heart.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 23, 1:02 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to 1Accelerator
@1Accelerator still polled #1 anime this season. Go back to watching tensura season 3.

Imagine major plot tiwsts and deaths and still crying ecchi harem.
May 23, 1:07 PM
Apr 2024
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@1Accelerator still polled #1 anime this season. Go back to watching tensura season 3.

i have been watching the DAL anime since 2015 and i know everything also i know what will happen at the end of the anime i think you shouldn't argue with me, the story of the anime was good till season 3 but then the story started to go bad, at the same time the anime changes studios every new season so thats not a good thing
May 23, 1:18 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to 1Accelerator
SpiderMiles3523 said:

i have been watching the DAL anime since 2015 and i know everything also i know what will happen at the end of the anime i think you shouldn't argue with me, the story of the anime was good till season 3 but then the story started to go bad, at the same time the anime changes studios every new season so thats not a good thing
@1Accelerator How is the story bad now when it was properly set up back in the premise and it involves the whole concept. The season is masterfully directed and they didn't botch the action. Just look at konosuba season 3 castle raid and just compare it with any of the action scenes in this season. You can feel how well dal v is directed. Beginning of episode v was a masterpiece. If mal viewerbase didn't have room temperature iq this would be like mid 8 minimum. But unfortunately the base here is not smart and just cry harem. Meanwhile tensura 3 is just non stop yapping and has full red bar in reviews. Yet managed to get lucky with an above 8 score.
May 23, 1:25 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to 1Accelerator
@1Accelerator Your comment definitely sounds like: "man invent a fictional scenario then gets angry about it"
May 23, 1:34 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to 1Accelerator
SpiderMiles3523 said:

@1Accelerator

you are an anime only, season 3 was a calamity, and a shame to the license. In addition, seasons 1 and 2 poorly adapted several contents to focus on the harem ecchi comedy, we are paying the consequences this season, several spectators had difficulty following the story.

It's your right to hate the serious aspect of dal and only love the comedy, but you're very in the minority.

In addition, the studio has not changed since 2020, we must thank them for saving the license and for being respectful of the source material, we will have the conclusion of the main arc.
May 23, 1:35 PM
Apr 2021
Because the English dub doesn't have director-cut extended scenes on seasons 1 and 2, and there is no dubbed version for the Date a Bullet movie and Mayuri judgment, if you have watched Date a Live in English dubbed from the start, you'll miss lots of content from the Date a Live anime, so watching subtitled is the best way to experience the story.
May 23, 1:41 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Vanloonersz
The sub is as good or even better than the dub this season is the first for me that I’ve watched in sub and I absolutely love it,

As someone who watches in bot dub and dub,
the dub is incredible and the casting incredible but only covers the anime with the other content being the visual novels, drama CDs, and the light novels

it doesn’t Matter if you watch in sub or dub to me just enjoy the anime in whatever way you like
@Vanloonersz there is also Date a live Visual novel game like Rio reincarnation and Ren dystopia, which doesn't has comes with English dubbed only Japanese dubbed, English dubbed is not available most of date a live media specially movie like date a bullet and majuri judgement.
May 23, 1:47 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Yui_Suzumiya69

@Yui_Suzumiya69 I have watched Date a live anime with a subbed and dubbed version. My reason to watch the dubbed version is Alexis Tipton's performance on Kurumi Tokisaki. When she says "my my" in the seducing level, other dubbed casts are not my favorites, but I enjoy watching date a live in both versions. 
May 23, 1:51 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@1Accelerator can the mods do something about the score and these stupid trolls. This anime is on track to win aots yet has a pathetically low score.
@SpiderMiles3523 yeah it went down from 8.06 to 8.03 what just happened?
May 23, 1:56 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to benjic665
@1Accelerator

you are an anime only, season 3 was a calamity, and a shame to the license. In addition, seasons 1 and 2 poorly adapted several contents to focus on the harem ecchi comedy, we are paying the consequences this season, several spectators had difficulty following the story.

It's your right to hate the serious aspect of dal and only love the comedy, but you're very in the minority.

In addition, the studio has not changed since 2020, we must thank them for saving the license and for being respectful of the source material, we will have the conclusion of the main arc.
@benjic665 you guys always have problem with ecchi and harem anime where it was big trend back in 2012-2015 where anime used be ecchi and harem like To love ru, High school DXD, date a live and Maken ki etc. It was most popular genre in anime industry before isekai/fantasy.
May 23, 2:01 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@1Accelerator How is the story bad now when it was properly set up back in the premise and it involves the whole concept. The season is masterfully directed and they didn't botch the action. Just look at konosuba season 3 castle raid and just compare it with any of the action scenes in this season. You can feel how well dal v is directed. Beginning of episode v was a masterpiece. If mal viewerbase didn't have room temperature iq this would be like mid 8 minimum. But unfortunately the base here is not smart and just cry harem. Meanwhile tensura 3 is just non stop yapping and has full red bar in reviews. Yet managed to get lucky with an above 8 score.
@SpiderMiles3523 Same people who always say isekai anime has a great story, but in reality it's the same story from someone who didn't take inspiration; they copied the same story and cliches and made new isekai anime. Date a Live is the most unique harem anime where it has been giving hits about future twists since season 1 episode 1. Most people never realized this until season 5 lol
May 23, 2:16 PM
Jan 2024
imagine NOT hearing the original v.a of Kurumi xd
May 23, 2:26 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to RoyalDemon05
@SpiderMiles3523 yeah it went down from 8.06 to 8.03 what just happened?
@RoyalDemon05 just look at the percentage of 1s. Mal has become an absolute joke where fandoms just review bomb other shows. I legit think the average mal user has an iq of less than 80. Hopefully the mods adjust the score. It is a complete scandal that dal v, anime of the season, has the same score as tensura season 3 that is almost entirely negative reviews.
May 23, 2:26 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to RoyalDemon05
@benjic665 you guys always have problem with ecchi and harem anime where it was big trend back in 2012-2015 where anime used be ecchi and harem like To love ru, High school DXD, date a live and Maken ki etc. It was most popular genre in anime industry before isekai/fantasy.
@RoyalDemon05

It doesn't bother me, especially when it's well constructed and directed like in the book (there are several ecchi illustrations in it..). the proof I loved season 4 which kept harem and ecchi, certainly in fewer numbers. The mix of comedy to move directly to dramatic aspects I loved, the ln is very strong in this area (it is also very well transmitted in this season V) which has kept its little ecchi side!

What bothers me is having cut phantom and censoring most of the violence in season 1 and 2. and having completely omitted shido's past for his depression etc.

We won't talk about season 3, with its horrible animation, the destruction of volume 12 etc x)
May 23, 2:29 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to akirahiraga
@akirahiraga Suki suki daisuki kekkon shiyou, my honey
Translation: like you, I like you, I love you , let's get married my honey
May 23, 2:41 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@RoyalDemon05 just look at the percentage of 1s. Mal has become an absolute joke where fandoms just review bomb other shows. I legit think the average mal user has an iq of less than 80. Hopefully the mods adjust the score. It is a complete scandal that dal v, anime of the season, has the same score as tensura season 3 that is almost entirely negative reviews.
@SpiderMiles3523 I don't take seriously on Mal list score; they are just jealous that Date a Live keeps getting seasons while their favorite anime has no 2nd or 3rd seasons. Because the anime industry doesn't take risks on adapting old shows if source material is already finished, anime adaptations exist, so you will straight up read manga or novels after you finish the anime. Some manga have huge hiatus, like Noragmi, which has no season after season 2 back in 2015. Nowadays the quality of anime is being downgraded where they start to make 24 episode of seasons where they waste your time on watching meeting episode for 6 Episode (which is 25% content of seasons) , also use horrible CG dragon to cover production issues and delay the anime also restart to seasons, that's why anime studio is not taking risk on making new season on old anime where they just make brainless copy & paste isekai anime almost non existence story and make lots of money. Easy business and nothing risk
May 23, 2:49 PM
Nov 2023
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

Who indeed? Maybe us people who appreciate the Japanese culture, language and the skills of the original cast?? But we’re all idiots I guess…
Plus the huge majority of viewers of anime, the Japanese, are perfectly happy without English dub too 😂
May 23, 3:08 PM

Sep 2014
Just imagining the dubs already hurt my ears.
May 23, 4:03 PM
Jul 2017
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
@Cielord Just realized you're born a day after me. I'm September 3, 1982. I also own this..

https://x.com/Solidgearmara/status/1723897348273647708?t=vNMhHOIntzEWhAW4B0WChQ&s=19

congratulations for owning mid on your car.
May 23, 5:14 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Cielord
Cielord said:

The only correct opinion.
May 23, 7:15 PM
May 2021
akirahiraga said:

on god! her performance is top tier!
May 23, 11:12 PM
Nov 2020
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

MY MAN YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT
I refuse to watch seasons 1-3 in anything but the english dub I only started watching it subbed cause I wanted to stay up to date with it. Glad to see some Date A Live Dub appreciation absolutely goated voices 🫡👊❤️
May 23, 11:36 PM
Sep 2021
benjic665 said:
@1Accelerator

" to focus on the harem ecchi "

as if it wasn't already harem ecchi focused LN lol
May 24, 2:55 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to RoyalDemon05
@SpiderMiles3523 I don't take seriously on Mal list score; they are just jealous that Date a Live keeps getting seasons while their favorite anime has no 2nd or 3rd seasons. Because the anime industry doesn't take risks on adapting old shows if source material is already finished, anime adaptations exist, so you will straight up read manga or novels after you finish the anime. Some manga have huge hiatus, like Noragmi, which has no season after season 2 back in 2015. Nowadays the quality of anime is being downgraded where they start to make 24 episode of seasons where they waste your time on watching meeting episode for 6 Episode (which is 25% content of seasons) , also use horrible CG dragon to cover production issues and delay the anime also restart to seasons, that's why anime studio is not taking risk on making new season on old anime where they just make brainless copy & paste isekai anime almost non existence story and make lots of money. Easy business and nothing risk
@RoyalDemon05 tensura 3 is pretty much the worst anime of the season. The only reason they are stretching it out so bad is they wanted to buy out tv slots as a cheap advertisement for the manga. The slime ln itself cant sell. It is the manga and good artwork that is selling. Dal v is easily the best anime of the season. Poll results reflect that. Anyone complaining dal v's score is too high and tensura 3 should be aots is a complete moron.

Mal has just been a platform for non stop score bombing.

Mal's viewerbase has room temp iq. Imagine the aots with God tier plot having a score almost out of 8.
SpiderMiles3523May 24, 5:01 AM
May 24, 2:57 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
benjic665 said:
@1Accelerator

" to focus on the harem ecchi "

as if it wasn't already harem ecchi focused LN lol
@Saimatsu_Fan never a real ecchi show. Dal is not a good ecchi show. A good show ecchi show is lax on the plot and focuses on the fan service for enjoyment.

To love ru is the best ecchi show and remains the best ecchi show.
May 24, 3:12 AM
Sep 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Saimatsu_Fan never a real ecchi show. Dal is not a good ecchi show. A good show ecchi show is lax on the plot and focuses on the fan service for enjoyment.

To love ru is the best ecchi show and remains the best ecchi show.

using to love ru as an example is dumb because it's a SOL romcom, it would never have a plot anyway
May 24, 3:28 AM
Nov 2019
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

Sub is superior every single time it does not matter the show
May 24, 3:28 AM
Nov 2019
Cielord said:

Facts (character limit)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How powerful?

RealityChanges - 25 minutes ago

0 by RealityChanges »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

30 by damoInstinct »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29

63 by JamalPenguinz »»
Yesterday, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 17

57 by MinaseNagi »»
Yesterday, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 12

60 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 10:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.