Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 5:03 PM

Nov 2019
As the title says, are there any series you should've watched earlier?
If so, what was stopping you?- Was it reviews, maybe some clips you saw online or you stopped after watching ep 1.

For me, it was JJBA series. I kept seeing some very sus clips from stardust crusaders like Polnareff sucking the lollipop
and ever since then I thought it was a BL series. I actually got started watching it and really enjoyed the series.
Can't get used to the sus moments though
May 1, 5:09 PM

Oct 2017
Probably Sailor Moon as watching the show is strangely gender affirming for me and probably could have helped me figure myself out EARLIER had I watched it as a teenager instead of as an adult.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 1, 5:12 PM
Aug 2021
86 Part 2. Thoroughly enjoyed the first part so idk why it took me so long to watch the second, but it's simply a magnificent story, and amazing animated with beautiful scenery and likeable characters.
May 1, 5:24 PM
Dec 2016
Spice and Wolf, Steins;Gate, Kuroshitsuji, Oshi no Ko
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 5:24 PM

Aug 2018
I should have read and watched One Piece sooner.

The length was too overwhelming at first, but once I started, I couldn't stop.
May 1, 5:29 PM

Jan 2023
Honestly, gonna have to go with Onimai. I had so much fun watching that show during my late night binge session, I wonder what my experience could’ve been like had I watched it earlier or during its airing time.
May 1, 5:29 PM
Sep 2013
Cyberpunk Edgerunners.
I watched it like 2 years after it came out.
Didn't watch is sooner because, well, it was cyberpunk. And we all know how that turned out.

Yuri on ice!!!
Saw a lot of it on twitter and Tumblr, which turned me off a lot because people on those two sites are extremely obnoxious about fandoms. Especially with shipping.
Turns out it really did live up to the hype surrounding it.

Sakamoto Desu ga?
Watched another anime before this called Handa-kun, which was awful . I really didn't like the idea of a (perceived) perfect protagonist as a result.
After being bombarded with clips of this show on youtube, I decided to try it. It's like Handa-kun if it was actually good.

One Man Punch
Honestly, I just didn't have netflix at the time and couldn't be bothered to sign up.

Studio Ghibli stuff. I only watched my first Ghibli movie (Spirited Away) last year.
Same as OMP I guess. Always heard good things but didn't bother looking it up.

KonoSuba
I'm not a big fan of ecchi in general, so I was turned off by what I saw in clips. Today it's one of my favourite series
May 1, 5:52 PM

Apr 2021
-i think prolly one piece, i used to always procrastinate watching it due to its length and i thought there wasnt any way this was going to be so good, but im glad i gave in and watch it.

-Hunter x hunter, i actually dropped it around ep 6 and after 2 years i picked it up and changed my mind, i actually enjoyed it a lot.

-Steins gate, after watching certain amt of anime it gets tougher to bingewatch a lot of eps in a row like i used to in the beginning of my anime journey, but i watched steins gate in 1 day.

-Recently, from what i recall maybe bocchi, i read the synopsis and thought it was going to be a mid show with cute girls, but after seeing all the ppl talking abt it, i watched it after it finished airing and would have liked to watch it when it was airing. At the end it was a really funny show with good direction.
May 1, 6:01 PM

Oct 2019
It would be impossible, bu i wish i coulf have somehow watched Jujutsu kaisen in late 2019-early 2020, when i was just really getting into anime.

I do really like it now, specially after s2. But i think if i had seen it in my early anime stages i would enjoy it even more.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 1, 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Rhae
I should have read and watched One Piece sooner.

The length was too overwhelming at first, but once I started, I couldn't stop.
@Rhae Were they already into the thousand episode range when you started? I tried starting way before they were at that point, and was still too much for me. That's coming from the guy who sat through all of Naruto and it's sequel. I'm genuinely impressed by anyone who starts now.
May 1, 6:23 PM

May 2021
Serial Experiments Lain and Chobits are two anime that I wish I watched sooner. I was able to enjoy them all these years later, but with their lean into technology it would've been quite a trip to re-visit those anime.
May 1, 6:29 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to FanofAction
@Rhae Were they already into the thousand episode range when you started? I tried starting way before they were at that point, and was still too much for me. That's coming from the guy who sat through all of Naruto and it's sequel. I'm genuinely impressed by anyone who starts now.
@FanofAction

Yeah, but One Pace really helped me tackle the 1000 plus episodes. Only during Wano did I start watching it weekly, kinda.

https://onepace.net/en

And I much prefer the manga, it has much better pacing, and I binge read it so fast it's crazy.
May 1, 6:39 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Rhae
@FanofAction

Yeah, but One Pace really helped me tackle the 1000 plus episodes. Only during Wano did I start watching it weekly, kinda.

https://onepace.net/en

And I much prefer the manga, it has much better pacing, and I binge read it so fast it's crazy.
@Rhae Interesting. Didn't know that was a thing. The pacing for sure did impact my enjoyment. Well that, and I was likely kinda burned out from watching really long series at the time.
FanofActionMay 1, 6:48 PM
May 1, 7:42 PM

Mar 2024
One Piece!
I caught up halfway through Punk Hazard but I wish I could have been on the hype train during Marineford.
One Pace sounds great, gonna have to watch that too
May 1, 7:59 PM
Aug 2022
Mushoku Tensei is an anime I have no idea why I slept on it for so long. I finally watched it like a month ago for the first time and it's great.
May 1, 9:35 PM

Feb 2020
Kemono Friends. It's now one of my favorite anime.

SerafosMay 1, 10:12 PM
May 1, 9:43 PM

Mar 2023
I regretted not watching Nana years ago.
May 1, 10:13 PM
Dec 2021
One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island. Unique shots & clever editing, plus the stark, stylized contrast of Shinbou. Pokes holes in the shallow friendships of shounen manga, & then handwaves reconciliation as if to say, this is Oda's job (which it is).

May 1, 10:25 PM

Mar 2019
Summertime Render and Bocchi the Rock, two animes that I gave a 10 and I simply ignored when they were released, well, better late than never. :'3
May 1, 10:34 PM

Aug 2021
Tensura,

It would have been my 2nd anime after AOT if I didn't find the name "Absurd"
I don't really regret that happening, but I became more open minded after that for sure
May 1, 10:39 PM

Jul 2023
Tatami Galaxy, I thought the at style looked really weird
May 2, 1:21 AM
Oct 2019
Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure. I refused to watch them when I was in middle school/high school because I was in my internalized misogyny phase.
May 2, 1:27 AM

Sep 2016
Anime you regret not watching sooner

All of them, except those I didn't like.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 3, 4:06 AM

Jul 2016
Cowboy Bepop. It was on my on-hold for ages till I finally finished it, was a great experience.

More topics from this board

» What does the Anime you watch say about you

ST63LTH - Apr 29

36 by LenRea »»
2 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect.

Gashadokur0 - 8 hours ago

35 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that. ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Apr 27

66 by JP88 »»
5 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - May 16

122 by Cakethatisall »»
13 minutes ago

» Toru Furuya, voice of Amuro Char, has a 4.5 sexual affair with a woman in her 30s

LeonhartAugust - 2 hours ago

11 by KayKimii »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.