Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 10:01 AM

Jul 2021
The Town Musicians of Bremen.

Lol that she literally brought a knife to a gun fight, anyway this is my least favorite one
Apr 17, 11:08 AM
Oct 2020
Loving the wild west fight. Pretty good animation. I guess they are named after animals for a reason, huh? Dog is fierce, Donkey is strong, and Cat gets tired quickly (as shown when she kept complaining when walking thru the desert(?)). And is the pink-haired kid supposed to be the chicken (rooster)? What kind of personality/attitude does she have that's similar to a rooster?
Or is there just no rooster in this story?
Apr 17, 4:37 PM

Nov 2012
This was new to me. I never heard of The Town Musicians of Bremen. As such I don't know all the changes that were made. Entertainment wise it was meh for me.
Apr 17, 7:02 PM

Apr 2022
this one is more obscure but i read about it a very long time ago. even though i'm not fresh on the story and only vividly remember, i still liked this one. i mean wild west vibes are great.
Apr 18, 5:08 AM

Sep 2008
The ideas + the intentions are there - but as a whole... there's something missing in order to make it really work

It's still enjoyable mostly due to the four main characters whose personalities are really well defined...
Apr 19, 5:36 AM

Mar 2017
Dog and Donkey are so fine

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 19, 11:59 AM
Sep 2015
Wades Brothers are hot! At least 3 of them anyway, not sure why there are four since the original only has 3 robbers, but not surprised since there are so many Grimm's adaptations.

Grimm Brothers get cameo again as the assistants of the sheriff.

So the setting is western cyberpunk this time, interesting... I was gonna say this is the first time for the anime and then I remember Trigun is also western cyberpunk.
Apr 21, 10:22 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to RealNath
Loving the wild west fight. Pretty good animation. I guess they are named after animals for a reason, huh? Dog is fierce, Donkey is strong, and Cat gets tired quickly (as shown when she kept complaining when walking thru the desert(?)). And is the pink-haired kid supposed to be the chicken (rooster)? What kind of personality/attitude does she have that's similar to a rooster?
Or is there just no rooster in this story?
@RealNath That girl had the role of a rooster because she was working as an informer at first
Apr 21, 10:29 PM
Apr 2024
This episode was a bit predictable.

Nevertheless, it could be enjoyed.

And in my opinion, more attention could have been paid to the character of the rooster.
Apr 25, 6:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Town Musicians of Bremen alternative version, a mixed western and feminism!!

The worst plot or adaptation of all the episodes, since the plot develops very quickly, there is no background in the characters and apart from the fight for survival, the rest is very boring.

3/10

kekeke
Apr 25, 7:43 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

i was expecting a memorable fight even if it was not bad...

otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 26, 11:21 PM
Sep 2013
This one was really fun! I liked how they were just outright an adventuring party. And it's pretty rare to see wild west settings in anime!
Apr 27, 5:00 PM
Mar 2023
@RealNath
A rooster keeps watch over the coop; she’s the lookout.
Apr 27, 11:34 PM

Sep 2021
My favorite episode.
Apr 30, 12:20 PM
Feb 2024
I enjoyed this episode so much, I would love to see new episodes about those 4 women. It was a good episode and the protagonists were a lot more entertaining and interesting. Maybe this is the best episode so far with the first one. The character designs of the characters were well done, the design of the brothers reminds me a little bit of Jojo.
May 3, 1:45 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ranxomare
The Town Musicians of Bremen alternative version, a mixed western and feminism!!

The worst plot or adaptation of all the episodes, since the plot develops very quickly, there is no background in the characters and apart from the fight for survival, the rest is very boring.

3/10

kekeke
@Ranxomare Jokes aside, this is your typical Amazon action from the 90s and 00s. Many anime from that time are considered classics and cult among yuri or just all-female fans because of such tropes, lmao.

@LAboy456 I guess because it turned out to be too formulaic and trope-ish, which is why it looked more like the most ordinary all-female action show from the 00s than past original arthouse episodes.
May 5, 6:40 AM

May 2014
Well, I would say this is the weakest one so far. It's all style, and no substance.
The whole cyber cowboy is cool, and the character design are pretty nice, but other than that, this one is the most generic of them all. The plot is boring, predictable, the characters are generic, trope-ish, and It's just flashy action scenes.
May 9, 11:34 PM

May 2015
This episode was fantastic, our core set of characters this episode had pretty great chemistry. The showdown with them against the wade brothers was also very cool. I think there was an excellent contrast since they both had the same goal of outcasts who make a living for themselves.

I was waiting for the reveal that they were lying to Rooster about her not being wanted, but it hits harder that they were honest.
May 17, 8:40 AM

Jun 2021
Never read the original but, I'll say the protagonists were really cool in this version. Fights were good too

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 6 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

27 by Konekoneko »»
May 20, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 3 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

27 by Matchafloat »»
May 19, 10:53 PM

» Soundtrack

QuynhNhu - Apr 19

2 by dirghoshash »»
May 17, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Grimm Kumikyoku Episode 4 Discussion

Cestlavie_ - Apr 17

40 by MickeyMinaj »»
May 17, 3:14 AM

Poll: » What's your favourite episode ? (Poll)

ZXEAN - Apr 18

13 by Magicmist »»
May 10, 2:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.