Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 10:58 PM

Jan 2015
MamaYuyu has ended on Weekly Shonen Jump Issue 19
Apr 3, 11:04 PM

Mar 2020
the whole thing ended or did it get shifted elsewhere like black clover recently?
sedboirants
Apr 3, 11:08 PM
Jan 2024
aClosetWeeb said:
the whole thing ended or did it get shifted elsewhere like black clover recently?

looks like it's over for real
Apr 3, 11:16 PM
May 2012
It had a couple of cool chapters (and one really cool one). It was clear this was gonna happen the second the plot switched to harem-building mode. Hopefully the author gets another shot soon.
Apr 3, 11:26 PM
Apr 2021
Just saw it on twitter... Best series in jump (apart from Sakamoto Days) got axed..
Please read mamaYuYu, its amazing. Also MAPPA employees havent seen their families since 2021 lmao
Apr 4, 12:30 AM
Dec 2022
jeez. I just know same thing is gonna happen to Kagura Bachi.
Apr 4, 12:41 AM

Jun 2020
I heard that it was doing good what a shame

IN KAGURABACHI WE TRUST
Apr 4, 1:46 AM
Jul 2021
DF_BR said:
aClosetWeeb said:

looks like it's over for real

Axed means it ends, if it gets transfert than it wouldn't say axed. So yeah it is done, thhe final chapter releases this monday.
Apr 4, 3:08 AM

May 2018
Jump, you could axe Shadow Eliminators which is a collosal failure in all measurable ways, alongside Two on Ice which is sure to end too.
This author got done dirty.

If they cancel Kagurabachi too, I'm finally done with WSJ. (quite probable with how japanese prefer Nue, and Kagurabachi volume 1 seems to only have been boosted as a overseas meme, and likely later volumes will start dropping)

I also like Green Greens, but no way a golf manga will be succesful.
klakson188Apr 4, 3:13 AM
Apr 4, 3:38 AM

Oct 2017
Apr 4, 4:32 AM
Mar 2020
I have been expecting this since the sudden jump in time after the amusement park part. The rush felt too obvious.
Apr 4, 5:04 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
RIP MamaYuyu.

Would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not, the pace in the last few chapters was indicating that the axe was coming soon.
Apr 4, 5:38 AM

Sep 2011
Reply to klakson188
Jump, you could axe Shadow Eliminators which is a collosal failure in all measurable ways, alongside Two on Ice which is sure to end too.

If they cancel Kagurabachi too, I'm finally done with WSJ. (quite probable with how japanese prefer Nue, and Kagurabachi volume 1 seems to only have been boosted as a overseas meme, and likely later volumes will start dropping)

@klakson188 They are axing two on ice and shadow eliminators as well, jump is bringing in 3 new series so the 3 lowest series are out in order of oldest to newest. Two on ice actually anticipated it was doomed and wound up having a really stand out finale that brought more attention to it it just premiered after MMYY so it will end next week instead, shadow after that.

KGB is safe as hell now at least until its like chapter 50-60ish if it shows signs of degradation like significant drops in volume sales and TOC alongside new series being super hits in its place but generally it just seems like its safe. Green Green Greens and dear Anemone are both flops (the former of which is devastating cause its so good) so any axe round coming up in a few months is gonna go to them
JizzyHitlerApr 4, 5:41 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 4, 8:20 AM

May 2018
@JizzyHitler

Thanks for detailed explanation. Appreciate it!
Also what you told me about Anemone is a surprise, it's very new and didn't hear anything about reception, but I thought at least this one series got received well by Japan.
Apr 4, 8:36 AM

Sep 2022
Pablo_Neruda1 said:

But KGB is performing well, last I checked at least.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 5, 6:30 AM
Jul 2022
Pablo_Neruda1 said:

nahhh i don't think so kagura bachi is big I don't think it will happen
Apr 5, 6:33 AM
Jul 2022
klakson188 said:

ngl I Don't think it got popular because of the memes ik memes played a major role in it popularity but I think it all goes back to twitter
because I kidd you not I only knew about it and watched it because people were saying it's inspired from bleach and others were saying one piece and the list goes on and as I have read it's not inspired from any of them and is actually trash
Apr 5, 8:44 AM

May 2018
@alilohba

Yes, I agree. It's not like Bleach at all. Though in my case it goes the other way. I didn't like Bleach, but I love Kagurabachi.
If I could choose one, he was inspired by John Wick. As author himself, said.

He also mentioned his favourite manga is Naruto. I can see it. I grew up with Naruto, and it definitily has more similarities in terms of writing in it, rather than Bleach, One Piece or HxH.

As a fan of John Wick and Naruto. Kagurabachi is perfect for me.
klakson188Apr 5, 8:51 AM
Apr 5, 7:49 PM
Dec 2022
alilohba said:
Pablo_Neruda1 said:

nahhh i don't think so kagura bachi is big I don't think it will happen

I hope so dude. I just hope so.
Apr 7, 10:04 AM

Sep 2011
Expected. Shame the real ending isn't coming out till August
Apr 16, 9:57 PM
Aug 2017
Reply to Pablo_Neruda1
@Pablo_Neruda1 Lmao no Kagurabachi volumes are flying off the shelves and its TOC ranking is shooting up. It's pretty safe.
Apr 16, 9:58 PM
Dec 2022
Spiny_Slasher said:
@Pablo_Neruda1 Lmao no Kagurabachi volumes are flying off the shelves and its TOC ranking is shooting up. It's pretty safe.

alright then. guess it's safe.
Apr 17, 6:53 PM

Jul 2020
Stand proud Mamayuyu, you were strong

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mama Yuuyuu Chapter 29 Discussion

AvanAgornin - Apr 7

18 by NekozillaMaru »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

» Another reprint

0megaH - Mar 28

5 by klakson188 »»
Apr 4, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Mama Yuuyuu Chapter 28 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Mar 31

7 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 2, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Mama Yuuyuu Chapter 27 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 24

6 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 29, 6:40 PM

» Volume 1 is getting reprints again

MegamiRem - Feb 6

12 by MegamiRem »»
Mar 28, 2:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.