Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 7:13 AM
Apr 2021
Feels like its about to be axed but its getting another reprint, honestly have no idea if its gonna survive or not..
|
|
v
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1772934578132382019
Please read mamaYuYu, its amazing. Also MAPPA employees havent seen their families since 2021 lmao
Mar 28, 4:08 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Yes that is quite surprising, at the moment it looks like there will be a maximum of 5 more chapters before the axe which would make no sense if volume 1 sells well. So does that mean the current pacing is intentional and a new arc is coming? Wait and see is the only thing we can do
Mar 30, 5:10 AM

May 2018
Reply to -DxP-
Yes that is quite surprising, at the moment it looks like there will be a maximum of 5 more chapters before the axe which would make no sense if volume 1 sells well. So does that mean the current pacing is intentional and a new arc is coming? Wait and see is the only thing we can do
@-DxP-

It's in kind of a weird spot because WSJ is regularly axing series (most commonly 2 at a time, sometimes 1 or 3).
We had many series recenly that sold even better than Mamayuyu, despite Mamayuyu selling great, especially for a new artist. Those series being:
- Nue's Exorcist,
- Kagurabachi
- Kill Blue
- Ruri Dragon

Other new series like Shadow Eliminators and Green Greens, didn't even sell 1st volumes yet.

The only series that could be fairly axed right now is Two on Ice. And next in line, by process of elimination would be Mamayuyu. Tho if they would wait few weeks to axe series, most likely Shadow Eliminators would take it's place (also Policeman Chojo which had tragic views numbers of chapter 1 in both Japan and West).

It all depends on how hasty WSJ is to add new series to the roster.
klakson188Mar 30, 5:19 AM
Apr 1, 11:35 AM

Dec 2016
Reply to klakson188
@-DxP-

It's in kind of a weird spot because WSJ is regularly axing series (most commonly 2 at a time, sometimes 1 or 3).
We had many series recenly that sold even better than Mamayuyu, despite Mamayuyu selling great, especially for a new artist. Those series being:
- Nue's Exorcist,
- Kagurabachi
- Kill Blue
- Ruri Dragon

Other new series like Shadow Eliminators and Green Greens, didn't even sell 1st volumes yet.

The only series that could be fairly axed right now is Two on Ice. And next in line, by process of elimination would be Mamayuyu. Tho if they would wait few weeks to axe series, most likely Shadow Eliminators would take it's place (also Policeman Chojo which had tragic views numbers of chapter 1 in both Japan and West).

It all depends on how hasty WSJ is to add new series to the roster.
@klakson188

Small clarification Ruri Dragon is moving to Jump+ so it will not be part of WSJ's ToC anymore.
+they "lost" Black Clover (when moved to GIGA) which has established fanbase

Also MHA is ending soon and Shadow Eliminators by looking at recent chapter seems to also ending soon.
SE needs max 18~19 chapters to fit in 2 volumes and if you want numbers MMYY have 2,194 place on Amazon JP while SE 138,682 (Kagurabachi 1,816 and Green Green Greens 63,831)

And I said this a few times, MMYY sales aren't the greatest (like you showed yourself) but are technically too good to be axed at this point, with them "losing" MHA they have more to "risk" while waiting for new hit. like they can axe it but it's not guarantee next manga will have better sales than MMYY.

As for Policeman Chojo is kinda different story, since it's gag manga only real competition is Roboco. So if Chojo will be popular then only Roboco will be axed.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 1, 11:43 AM

May 2018
Reply to Nieznajomy43
@klakson188

Small clarification Ruri Dragon is moving to Jump+ so it will not be part of WSJ's ToC anymore.
+they "lost" Black Clover (when moved to GIGA) which has established fanbase

Also MHA is ending soon and Shadow Eliminators by looking at recent chapter seems to also ending soon.
SE needs max 18~19 chapters to fit in 2 volumes and if you want numbers MMYY have 2,194 place on Amazon JP while SE 138,682 (Kagurabachi 1,816 and Green Green Greens 63,831)

And I said this a few times, MMYY sales aren't the greatest (like you showed yourself) but are technically too good to be axed at this point, with them "losing" MHA they have more to "risk" while waiting for new hit. like they can axe it but it's not guarantee next manga will have better sales than MMYY.

As for Policeman Chojo is kinda different story, since it's gag manga only real competition is Roboco. So if Chojo will be popular then only Roboco will be axed.
@Nieznajomy43

Thanks a bunch for all the additional info! I appreciate it!
Apr 4, 2:37 AM

May 2018
Damn, looks like my theory was right after all.
Though even with this I didn't expect Mamayuyu being axed before Two on Ice.

More topics from this board

» Axed

Xenocrisi - Apr 3

23 by KaiserReinhard76 »»
Apr 17, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Mama Yuuyuu Chapter 29 Discussion

AvanAgornin - Apr 7

18 by NekozillaMaru »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Mama Yuuyuu Chapter 28 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Mar 31

7 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 2, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Mama Yuuyuu Chapter 27 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 24

6 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 29, 6:40 PM

» Volume 1 is getting reprints again

MegamiRem - Feb 6

12 by MegamiRem »»
Mar 28, 2:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.