Forum Settings
Forums

Is there an anime that you've overlooked before but are now eager to watch?

New
Apr 3, 3:54 AM

Jul 2015
You don't have to be "excited" exactly, but just interested in something that you previously couldn't care less about.

For me, my latest picks are Kill la Kill and Ashita no Joe. They both caught my interest for different reasons, particularly ANJ so I thought to give them a try at some point in the future.
Apr 3, 3:56 AM

Feb 2020
Show By Rock!! I dropped it once, but now it's one of my favorite anime.

SerafosApr 3, 4:15 AM
Apr 3, 3:56 AM

Dec 2021
Cardcaptor Sakura and Kinnikuman. I originally passed the two up for some unknown reason years back, but now I just kinda want to give them the chance they deserve. Also Ashita no Joe is genuinely one of the best sports anime I've ever seen, and it got a good few manly tears from me. Also the art style on that anime is just the best stuff I've ever seen, hands down. Just avoid the DVD version, since there's a 1080p remaster out there, which shows that art style in full glory.

Daviljoe193Apr 3, 4:01 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Apr 3, 4:04 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Daviljoe193
Cardcaptor Sakura and Kinnikuman. I originally passed the two up for some unknown reason years back, but now I just kinda want to give them the chance they deserve. Also Ashita no Joe is genuinely one of the best sports anime I've ever seen, and it got a good few manly tears from me. Also the art style on that anime is just the best stuff I've ever seen, hands down. Just avoid the DVD version, since there's a 1080p remaster out there, which shows that art style in full glory.

@Daviljoe193

Yeah I've seen many people calling it as one of the best sports anime, and the art style looks very close to something I love watching.

Btw, are the last 25~ish episodes of the first season fillers? Should I skip them? Because as far as I know, these episodes blend filler material with canon events that contradict the first episodes of the second season.
Apr 3, 4:06 AM
Dec 2023
Chill shows like Spy x Family, K-on, Haruhi Suzumiya, Bocchi, etc.
I feel that battle shonen anime started to drain me, and I'm honestly not excited for it anymore.
Apr 3, 4:08 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Gekko_ua
Chill shows like Spy x Family, K-on, Haruhi Suzumiya, Bocchi, etc.
I feel that battle shonen anime started to drain me, and I'm honestly not excited for it anymore.
@Gekko_ua Not sure if I'd call Haruhi a chill anime, but I like how you've started looking for other genres/themes as well
Apr 3, 4:09 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Pokitaru
@Daviljoe193

Yeah I've seen many people calling it as one of the best sports anime, and the art style looks very close to something I love watching.

Btw, are the last 25~ish episodes of the first season fillers? Should I skip them? Because as far as I know, these episodes blend filler material with canon events that contradict the first episodes of the second season.
@Pokitaru I can see why people would think that, but I honestly enjoyed those last episodes of the original adaptation, so while you can ultimately skip them, I'd personally recommend watching them, and accepting that they get written over during 2's "recap arc". I like to think of it as an alternate route, in a way. It's still really enjoyable, despite effectively becoming non-canon after a certain point.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Apr 3, 4:13 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Daviljoe193
@Pokitaru I can see why people would think that, but I honestly enjoyed those last episodes of the original adaptation, so while you can ultimately skip them, I'd personally recommend watching them, and accepting that they get written over during 2's "recap arc". I like to think of it as an alternate route, in a way. It's still really enjoyable, despite effectively becoming non-canon after a certain point.
@Daviljoe193 I see. I think I'm gonna watch them no matter what, especially if I end up loving the series. But if, for whatever reason, feel like I don't want to watch them, I'd like to have the option of skipping them without having any pacing issues of missing out on important events and characters.

Thank you for your insight btw, much appreciate it!
Apr 3, 4:26 AM

Nov 2023
Here are some that this applies:

Already saw:

1. Kaiba, Thought is going to be wield shock humor like but decide to give it a shot

2. All the popular stuff such as Friren JJK Slayer etc Im usually pretty hesitant but tempted later on

3. Soul Eater, The reason was very minor and not garenteed l would enjoy, and is a huge time commitment. Ended up reading manga then switch to the show

Currently in PTW

1 Kill la Kill, because Perma death

2 Eden of The East

3. Den-noh Coil
Ratris_DecisionApr 3, 4:36 AM
Apr 3, 4:34 AM

Aug 2010
Maison Ikkoku I guess. I was never into Rumiko Takahashi's works I saw before so I kind of brush this one off too, but I think someone convinced me? Or I just got more interested in it at some point. Don't know when I will start though.
Apr 3, 4:40 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Shirayukin
Maison Ikkoku I guess. I was never into Rumiko Takahashi's works I saw before so I kind of brush this one off too, but I think someone convinced me? Or I just got more interested in it at some point. Don't know when I will start though.
@Shirayukin All I know is that the anime is one of Takahashi's rare anime that doesn't end with a romantic rugpull. If you know what I mean by that, then yeah, that's the same reason why I'm planning on forcing myself through it, in spite of not enjoying the episodes I watched so far.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Apr 3, 4:42 AM

Mar 2023
I will never understand why i haven't given Noir a watch yet. It looks like something i could enjoy.
Apr 3, 5:07 AM

Nov 2010
@Pokitaru
I didn't overlook, but the show got interesting in the middle

I don't like "genre:idle", but this was different

kuroneko99Apr 3, 5:10 AM
Apr 3, 6:40 AM

Jan 2021
I want to complete fate series and solo leveling

though I might be decades from that point
Apr 3, 12:12 PM

Apr 2011
The Apothecary Diaries

I didn't watch it when it aired but now I'm binge-watching it.
Apr 3, 5:05 PM

Mar 2024
chainsaw man. when the anime first aired, i somehow didn't think it looked like my thing. it's now one of my favorite manga, and i find it insane that i just never ended up watching it at first.
May 26, 4:53 PM

Aug 2019
"Magical Doremi." I vaguely knew about that series in passing, but it hadn't been on my radar. Recently heard some stuff that convinced me that it'd be up my alley.

More topics from this board

Poll: » is the word "disney" plot or story a valid criticism?

deg - 1 minute ago

0 by deg »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - 47 minutes ago

11 by Azuchi »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime? ( 1 2 )

TheSunLife - Sep 23

62 by JoeChip »»
3 minutes ago

» What are old anime that won't be made today

Kirika_Madeleine - 3 hours ago

17 by 61969 »»
4 minutes ago

» What makes a waifu waifu?

SgtBateMan - 7 hours ago

12 by Serafos »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.