Forum Settings
Forums

'"Oshi no Ko" Season 2' Announces Additional Cast Pair for Summer 2024

New
Mar 23, 5:52 PM
News Team
Aug 2019
The "Oshi no Ko" special stage at AnimeJapan 2024 revealed two additional cast and a second teaser visual (pictured) for its second season on Sunday. The television anime will begin airing in July 2024.

Kouki Uchiyama (Horimiya) and Yuusuke Kobayashi (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) are joining the cast as Taiki Himekawa and Sakuya Kamoshida, respectively.

Daisuke Hiramaki (Selection Project) is returning to direct the anime at Doga Kobo, with assistant director Kuniyasu Nishina (86 episode director). Jin Tanaka (Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai) is handling the series composition, and Kanna Hirayama (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) is designing the characters. Takurou Iga (Fuuka) is the music composer.

The anime adapts Aka Akasaka and Mengo Yokoyari's supernatural drama manga, which began in Young Jump magazine in April 2020. Shueisha shipped the 13th volume last November, and the 14th volume is scheduled to be released on April 18. The manga has a cumulative 15 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Shueisha began publishing the manga in English on its Manga Plus platform in April 2022. Yen Press licensed the manga in English in July 2022 and released the fifth volume on February 20.

Teaser Visual 2 PV

Source: Oricon News
VindstotMar 23, 6:07 PM
Mar 23, 6:38 PM

Apr 2012
It will be even faster than I thought. I can't wait for the premiere to see the story further animated, especially the new opening and ending themes. And of course, how much will the feedback to the show change since the end of the first season.
Mar 23, 6:47 PM
Sep 2017
Oh, nice. Was trying to get back into the habit of watching anime anyway, having just finished a Nadesico rewatch for not-relevant-to-this reasons, guess this is just even more incentive to do so.
Mar 23, 7:48 PM

Oct 2013
Hmm... It looks nice and will surely be done nicely as well, but I think I will pass on it. I wasn't that much impressed by the first season. After reading some vague spoilers from the manga, I can see that this show may evolve into something I didn't want it to become after I finished watching the first season.
Mar 23, 8:33 PM

Jun 2014
Regardless of some questionable choices when it comes to the current state of the manga, the stage play arc was peak so I'm excited for this season.

Will be interesting to hear how the OP sounds. "Idol" will be very difficult to top.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 23, 9:49 PM
Aug 2022
Okay still I wanted this on Spring 😭
Mar 24, 12:36 AM

Oct 2017
Oh great seiyuu for Himekawa.
Mar 24, 2:47 AM

Jul 2021
The best part of this series. Interesting casting.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
39 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Catalano »»
2 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.