Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 8, 9:03 AM

Nov 2019
FUCK, I have been watching Dragon ball since I was a child to hear this makes me really sad. On my profile I have been rewatching/ watching all OVA/MOVIES AND SPECIALS FOR DRAGON BALL, so to hear this and my excitement for Dragon Ball Daiama. I honestly cannot comprehend this into a sentence.

Please tell me waht you think, how did Dragon Ball or Akira Toiyama's work effect you in your life, how did you come to the series... etc

I would love to see how others met the same path as me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-68444060
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 8, 9:04 AM

May 2019
Rest in Peace Legend, thank you for Dragon Ball, Dragon Quest and Blue Dragon.

Mar 8, 9:08 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to tchitchouan
Rest in Peace Legend, thank you for Dragon Ball, Dragon Quest and Blue Dragon.

@tchitchouan R.I.P a true mastermind in his work and fashion
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 8, 9:10 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
First Kazuki Takahashi, now Akira Toriyama. Man that's such a shame. He brought countless people all around the world a lot of joy, may he rest in peace.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 8, 9:12 AM

May 2019
Reply to Horshu
@tchitchouan R.I.P a true mastermind in his work and fashion
@Horshu The flesh and body perishes but the Dragon Soul never dies.

Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Oct 2023
He is solely responsible for getting me into anime and manga. Without Dragon Ball and the Z anime, my life is completely different (and arguably in shambles).

The man has passed, but his influence and work will always remain.
Mar 8, 9:38 AM

Dec 2022
Absolutely sad, that such a decorated man with such impactful works left this world early. Truly a shame.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Mar 8, 9:56 AM

Oct 2013
Friend just told me about that. I actually thought he was older. It had to happen when now when their were several things based on his works coming out too. New Dragon Ball game and series. Then theres Sand Land which also has a game coming out and I think a movie and a series. Japan had already gotten the movie, but I don't think the west had yet. I was looking forward to future Dragon Ball movies too. Those were always fun to see in theaters, and it just won't be the same without his input. I just hope if there is anything new based on his properties they're more respectful than Nickelodeon was when the creator of Spongebob died.

As for how he impacted me, I have some great memories playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with friends, which is why I'm really looking forward to that new game. I never really read, watched or played any of his other works aside from Dragon Ball aside. I've played the Dragon Quest musou games and I have a copy of Dragon Quest XI I've yet to touch, but that's about it. Guy has an artstyle I initially didn't like much, but it grew on me.

Oh wait, I've also played Chrono Trigger.
FanofActionMar 8, 10:11 AM
Mar 8, 11:18 AM

Mar 2021
I'm sad to say that I've never consumed Dragon Ball in any capacity. However, I'm aware that without Toriyama, Araki, and Tetsuo Hara, we would not have battle shounen today. RIP to a legend in the world of animanga.

Mar 8, 11:29 AM
Oct 2019
DBZ was the first anime I had ever watched, and the only one I had watched for a long time. As a kid, I was absolutely obsessed with it. It was up there with Marvel and Minecraft as one of my main interests and obsessions, and it's a series that I still enjoy to this day.

R.I.P to the creator of one of the most iconic and influential manga of all time.
Mar 8, 11:40 AM

Sep 2007
I was surprised to hear about it as I grew up watching Dragon ball, mainly DBZ, so rest in peace (RIP) to the creator.
Mar 8, 11:49 AM

Mar 2022
Watching dragon ball on toonami after school with my Uncle is what got me into anime (aside from Pokemon but tbh I wasnt aware that it was an anime).
I watched all of Kai and Super with a friend a couple years ago and I felt so much joy watching and sharing that experience with him, like I did with my Uncle many years ago. This news was so sudden, RIP to him. I wish peace to his family and those that knew him closely.
Mar 8, 12:22 PM

Feb 2020
Yeah... Rest in peace, master. We will miss you.
Mar 8, 1:01 PM

Jun 2020
I have always seen some episodes of Z and Super growing up cause i’m Mexican but really only started it from the beginning last year. Just when I started the Piccolo arc which is a big step up in the writing, I heard he passed away. I’m so sad right now, he really did so much for anime in general.
Mar 8, 1:47 PM
Feb 2024
Meh. I'm more sad about Hideo Azuma.
Mar 8, 1:57 PM

May 2019
Reply to TheSuaveAlt
Meh. I'm more sad about Hideo Azuma.
@TheSuaveAlt You might not like or even enjoy all of Toriyama's work but i know something you'd definitely like, Original Dragon Ball Chichi:

Mar 8, 2:06 PM

Nov 2019
Latin American 9/11‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Mar 8, 2:18 PM
Feb 2022
I have been a fan of the Dragon ball franchise since I was like four or five years old, and DBZ was the first anime I watched which made me a fan of anime in general. Toriyama sensei's work affected me personally because I have a lot of really good memories playing the Dragon Ball games with my brothers and watching and talking about them too. Rest In Peace to the GOAT Akira Toriyama he will always be a legend.
Mar 8, 2:21 PM
Nov 2011
Akira is and will be the godfather of anime! RIP king
Mar 8, 8:48 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to tchitchouan
@TheSuaveAlt You might not like or even enjoy all of Toriyama's work but i know something you'd definitely like, Original Dragon Ball Chichi:

@tchitchouan

Until her character grew up and he stopped producing loli characters. Possibly due to bending the knee to Western influences.
Mar 8, 11:14 PM

May 2019
Reply to TheSuaveAlt
@tchitchouan

Until her character grew up and he stopped producing loli characters. Possibly due to bending the knee to Western influences.
@TheSuaveAlt Yeah adult chichi is a pretty toxic tiger mom.
Mar 9, 5:26 PM

Jul 2013
May Akira Toriyama RIP in an afterlife free of hate crimes.

I heard that some punkass representing SBI was hating on him kind of like every bitch does it on a social network. I'll just walk on my own hate-free shoes while scoring countless chicks.

Wouldn't want to be walking in his shoes because he's a loser. Can't even score chicks over there in Montreal or wherever the hell his company is based on. Might as well get professional help for his strong case of loseritis. Too bad liberal Canada has long winters meaning more cholesterol and less vitamin D for his resentful punkass. Check your ratios fool! Be sorry for Trudonomics too, it's gonna swallow your budget whole.

With that said, may he RIP and I'm shocked that his disease is this complex compared to cancer, the more common disease that killed Yūko Mizutani (RIP milady!). No definitive cause whatsoever.

Might be an old age thing or maybe sake did something to his health. Sake is revered all over Japan like sumo wrestling, but alcohol can still cost you your life.
Kurt_IrvingMar 9, 5:31 PM

More topics from this board

» Let's Hope the Whole "Girls Golfing" Is A New Thing That Keeps Going...

simonitro - 7 hours ago

6 by MasterTasuke »»
1 minute ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 8 hours ago

24 by Zettaiken »»
4 minutes ago

» Why is there no Manga chapters at the top info when Anime have it?

Tongmuan - 6 minutes ago

0 by Tongmuan »»
6 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 8 hours ago

20 by redorzo »»
6 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 2 hours ago

11 by Zimmu »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.