Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 15, 11:54 AM
Feb 2023
VAs of different languages of the same character.

I feel that this should be explored/discussed more often. We obviously have substantial info on the Japanese and English dubs all around, but I'm glad this site is trying to compile more of that info on other languages. I like how different each of the VAs are for every character too.

For example, same German one:
https://myanimelist.net/character/19569/Sawako_Yamanaka
https://myanimelist.net/character/1111/CC

Same Italian one:
https://myanimelist.net/character/166439/Marin_Kitagawa
https://myanimelist.net/character/17576/Fumu (or Tiff)

Same Portuguese (BR) one:
https://myanimelist.net/character/117917/Ochako_Uraraka
https://myanimelist.net/character/209380/Uta

Seriously, you'll be surprised how deep this rabbit hole goes.

I also believe we're lacking any info on other dubs like Hindi and Arabic (and maybe more, but we'll just name a few for brevity's sake). Is anyone able to get more of that?
Boo_DestroyerFeb 15, 12:03 PM
Feb 15, 12:03 PM

May 2019
Yes there are definitely different dubbing languages depending on local markets, but Japanese and English will always remain the most important because Japan & USA are the biggest markets.
Feb 15, 1:02 PM

Sep 2008
“That’s My Girl” in different languages, Howl’s Moving Castle Multilanguages

0:06 - Albanian 🇦🇱
0:17 - Arabic 🇸🇦
0:28- Brazilian Portuguese 🇧🇷
0:39 - Bulgarian 🇧🇬
0:50 - Cantonese Chinese🇭🇰
1:01 - Mandarin Chinese🇨🇳
1:12 - Coatian 🇭🇷
1:23 - Czech 🇨🇿
1:33 - Danish 🇩🇰
1:47 - Dutch 🇳🇱
1:56 - English 🇬🇧
2:07 - Finnish 🇫🇮
2:18 - French 🇫🇷
2:29 - German 🇩🇪
2:40 - Greek 🇬🇷
2:51 - Hindi 🇮🇳
3:02 - Hungarian 🇭🇺
3:13 - Indonesian 🇮🇩
3:24 - Italian 🇮🇹
3:36 - Japanese 🇯🇵
3:47 - Korean 🇰🇷
3:58 - Latin Spanish
4:09 - Malay 🇲🇾
4:20 - Norwegian 🇳🇴
4:31 - Persian 🇮🇷
4:42 - Polish 🇵🇱
4:53 - Portuguese 🇵🇹
5:04 - Russian 🇷🇺
5:17 - Spanish 🇪🇸
5:28 - Sweden 🇸🇪
5:39 - Thai 🇹🇭
5:50 - Turkish 🇹🇷
6:01 - Vietnamese 🇻🇳
LittleStarFeb 15, 1:05 PM
Feb 15, 1:30 PM

Dec 2015
Polish dubs are not in mal/anilist/anidb sites etc. , despite being present and created for Netflix mainly. [Maybe one TV Station have anime with dubbing, I am not following any tv-related stuff so I am not sure about stuff outside Netflix.]

From dubbingpedia [didn't know it exist before] here's the stuff which got dubbed in my language:
Akuma kun, Baki Hanma, Bakugan Battle Planet, Bastard, Blue Period, Cyberpunk Edgerunners and more - too lazy to write all of them and search.
Honorable Mention - Arcane and Castlevania.

Same voices [few examples I'll find]:
Maciej Dybowski - David Martinez Cyberpunk, Ekko - Arcane [same for game], Iwao Akatsuki - Spriggan, Ichiro Umoregi/Akuma kun II - Akuma kun, Manabe - Ooku the inner chambers, Scott Pilgrim,
Julia Łukowiak - Lucy - Cyberpunk, Kusu + Hoppa + 2 characters [idk how they are called officially] - Dragon Ball Super, Mira Dianus - Magi Adventure of sinbad, Lusamine - Pokemon movies/series, Rena Kashiwagi - Romantic Killer
Zuzanna Galia - Rebecca - Cyberpunk, Meray - Pokemon Hoopa clash of ages, Heide and Princess Allie - Pokemon XY, Katie Amy and Hidabat - Yokai Watch, Kakunsa and Shantza - Dragon Ball Super, Ririka Momobami - Kakegurui, Atsuko - Little witch academia, Koharu Hidaka - Hi Score Girl, Amalia Schultz - Yakitori,

Too lazy to search for more but there's alot of them.
At least Dawid Podsiadło is in database for singing the Ending of Cyberpunk Edgerunners + Soundtrack. Quite ironic that CP:E is a cooperation between Poland and Japan and the Polish dub is not even mentioned in anime related list sites, aswell as some staff members are not mentioned especially these who were responsible for soundtracks and inserts theme songs as majority [I think it is majority/or a half of it not sure] of music in CPE are created by Polish staff [vocals, music, writing] - Don Diego Cichy, Antigama, Zjednoczenie Soundsystem, PT Adamczyk, Piotr Maciejewski, PAFF, Rafał Kłoczko, Ugory, Private Press, Earth Trax and many more x)
Feb 15, 11:59 PM

May 2018

Wait, wait...most of the english language dubs are made in Canada, but there's no canadian flag? (Another option would be just putting the Union Jack to simply indicate english.)
The chinese flag being the lowest is a bit (well a lot) prejudice. If the the donghua I am watching can be any point of reference, those guys have some absurdly good VAs.
alshuFeb 16, 12:05 AM
Feb 16, 12:36 AM

Apr 2016
Japanese is the only language where I know numerous VAs by name, but there are a bunch of German ones that I at least recognize, even if I don't know their names. I generally watch sub only but every now and again I watch something in German or French (either because I'm interested in watching it that way because of the setting/theme or because I'm watching with a younger person who can't read yet). So far I haven't watched any English dubs that I thought were good unfortunately (ah, except Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and Persona 4 Golden, but those are video games).
Feb 16, 12:47 AM
Apr 2022
Anime that aired in my national television dubbed as my native language. Naruto, one piece, Doraemon, pokemon, pretty cure and many more.
Feb 16, 1:28 AM

Mar 2023
This Youtube channel makes compilations of anime openings in diffrent languages if you are curious. https://www.youtube.com/@opmultilanguage/videos
Feb 16, 8:47 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to alshu

Wait, wait...most of the english language dubs are made in Canada, but there's no canadian flag? (Another option would be just putting the Union Jack to simply indicate english.)
The chinese flag being the lowest is a bit (well a lot) prejudice. If the the donghua I am watching can be any point of reference, those guys have some absurdly good VAs.
@alshu Nobody likes Britain's ruining the American language with their funny accents.

Also, that's what you got from where the CN one is?
Feb 16, 11:36 AM

Oct 2017
I heard the Latin American Spanish dub of Dragon Ball Z is extremely popular and really good, but it seems very hard to track down for people outside of Spansih speaking countries. The last time it was released here in the US to my knowledge was on the Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Uncut Editions which were never finished unfortunately
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.

More topics from this board

» show me your anime 3x3

707supremacist - 9 hours ago

37 by 707supremacist »»
2 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

33 by Lucifrost »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

65 by Rhae »»
11 minutes ago

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

19 by traed »»
12 minutes ago

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

119 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.