Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 4:55 PM

Dec 2013
Usually I only play classical piano.
But now I try to sing this song by Mr. Children that I like.
Sorry for the terrible voice. I very seldom sing in my life.

Anyone who are an expert in singing here, I'm open for feedbacks on how I can improve my singing voice so that it can be better.

Thanks

Feb 2, 5:58 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Nah, don't apologize. Your singing isn't absolutely terrible. Good work on putting this out there! (What, you don't like Creative Corner, though?)
When it comes to singing, breath support is actually going to help you sing on key. This might take you a while to figure out, but you're pretty much just going to have to play around with it. Just actively try what works for keeping your breathing under control and record your experiments. Be honest with yourself and you'll start to hear what's best. You'll hear a lot of advice like "sing from your diaphragm", but that doesn't help you magically understand how to do that, so it's just personal trial and error or until you hear the personal advice that works well for you. Heck, someone was told to sing from their butt and somehow that clicked for them.
Just make sure whatever you do is safe for your voice too. If there's strain/pain then cut whatever you're doing out.

A little personal trick I have is to slightly cup a hand over an ear to hear my voice better. It helps me hear if I'm offkey better. You can't really do that while playing piano, but whenever you're only practicing singing, it might be helpful! Of course, it might not seem like it'd help if you don't know how to fix it in the first place, but it's still a helpful little trick that you only need a free hand for and can help down the line.

You don't have to listen to me, of course. These are just things I wish someone would have told me when I started singing.
Good luck with your growth!
SwiggyFeb 2, 11:28 PM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria

More topics from this board

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

28 by _Nette_ »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

67 by 3miL »»
19 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

30 by rohan121 »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 11 hours ago

16 by traed »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

23 by cody »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.