Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 4, 2018 1:25 PM

Mar 2010
AppoX said:
Damn this is so illogical, Rant begin:
Why is Albion dedicating a gigantic warship which has firepower the size of an entire division to assault a village with a very insignificant population and no strategic purpose whatsoever? More so - all the important people of Albion are actually on board a lonely ship capturing a meaningless village. As far as it is explained the village served no strategic significance, it aint an area worth taking, there is no industry, no population, no raw materials, no military facilities.... Reward is non existant but the risk for Albion is enormous.... If the ship dies the entire invasion will collapse due to loss of the new 'leader' and most likely Albion itself will be hugely distablized. Of course Tristain has no way of knowing this since I don't think they possess any intel..... so assuming they don't know, WHY THE F*** do they send their entire army to defend a pointless village? And more so, why the F is some idiot girl with no knowledge about war (nor diplomacy or leadership) in command of the entire armed forces of Tristain? She is clearly incapable, too idealistic and stupid.... sending the entire Tristain military just to attack a single ship doing a minor advance is idiotic, They should concentrate on defending more key locations eg military facilities, cities with large population, rivers(a river is a good way to slow down enemy advancement), or just forfeit the coastline of Tristain and 'dig in', in favorable terrain. Albion due to their numerical superiority should be able to occupy that pointless village and at the same time advance in many other places stretching the small amount of Tristain forces very thin ensuring a swift victory mainly due to the obvious incompetence of the enemy supreme commander Princess Henrietta (-,-), Princess Henrietta only knows one tactic - Assemble EVERYTHING, - ATTACK ANYTHING THAT IS ENEMY WITH EVERYTHiNG, she does not know the difference between strategy and tactics either. She may win couple minor victories tactically, but strategically her troops will be mostly dead due to attrition and constant fighting and Albion by not giving Tristain a pointless unnecessary decisive battle (like they did) would simply force the Tristain military to submission in a war of attrition.

Also they should be begging Germania and Gallia for intervention the whole time, in previous episode we saw huge diplomatic failings of Tristain.... Allying with a King with no crown who is certainly going to lose a civil war, pissing off Germania and Gallia, they should forfeit the idiot prince Wales and ally the Reconquista faction of Albion, that would ensure the survival and even advancement of Tristain onto the world stage.

Damn that stupid village was so pointless, if Albion wanted to occupy somethingg, even the f***ing school would be a better choice strategically.

Oh and why at the end award everyone of our cast awards for distinguished service in battle? Only ones to deserve anything is Louise for destroying an airship single-handedly, and Saito for his superweapon which turned the tide. And perhaps Guche for capturing the Albion leader....

And why the F didn't anyone notice throughout all the 13 epsiodes that Louise is at the very least a Square mage? Seriously =,=. Explosion = all four elements. And she explodes everything? She may not control her power but it was very clear that she had the power of all four elements (and later we find out she has 'void' too...)

Most of it is more throughly explained and logical in the light novel

Bayek said:
Shinseiryuu said:
Given all the negatives about Louise, I expected this show to be your average anime with some good points that can merit a 6 at most.

Yeah I actually only picked this up because of all of the hate that surrounded Louise. I actually liked her, so that's a pleasant surprise on my part.

Overall this series was funny and interesting, Louise actually turned out to be one of the biggest pros of this series for me. I feel like many of her tsundere moments were justified and I really don't understand why she's hated more so than every other tsundere out there. Saito was surprisingly good too, glad he wasn't just some generic insert beta male. The story was pretty straightforward but with the bizarrely fun characters it was a good ride.

Either a 7/10 or 8/10 for me, will tune in for the sequels in the near future.

Yeah love louise and shes highly misunderstood.
Shes from a timeline where aristocrats simply stand above peasants whether we agree or not. You can tell by guiche and the others who also act snobby and dont mind the whipping.. yet louise receives the hate. Then theres saito doing dumb stuff and kind of asking for it.. to me it makes it funny as then stuff hsppens otherwise it feels more like a fantasy SoL
Aug 17, 2018 2:14 AM

Aug 2018
Well, Season 1 is a wrap! There’s no message, but from episode 5 or 6 on it was quite good entertainment. I’ve come to the conclusion that Louise and Dog have an S&M thing going on and both enjoy their roles. You know; people pay good money for a pretty girl to whip them every so often.

Season 2 coming up!
Aug 17, 2018 2:30 AM

Aug 2018
AppoX said:
Why is Albion dedicating a gigantic warship which has firepower the size of an entire division to assault a village with a very insignificant population and no strategic purpose whatsoever? More so - all the important people of Albion are actually on board a lonely ship capturing a meaningless village. As far as it is explained the village served no strategic significance, it aint an area worth taking, there is no industry, no population, no raw materials, no military facilities.... Reward is non existant but the risk for Albion is enormous.... If the ship dies the entire invasion will collapse due to loss of the new 'leader' and most likely Albion itself will be hugely distablized. Of course Tristain has no way of knowing this since I don't think they possess any intel..... so assuming they don't know, WHY THE F*** do they send their entire army to defend a pointless village? And more so, why the F is some idiot girl with no knowledge about war (nor diplomacy or leadership) in command of the entire armed forces of Tristain? She is clearly incapable, too idealistic and stupid.... sending the entire Tristain military just to attack a single ship doing a minor advance is idiotic, They should concentrate on defending more key locations eg military facilities, cities with large population, rivers(a river is a good way to slow down enemy advancement), or just forfeit the coastline of Tristain and 'dig in', in favorable terrain. Albion due to their numerical superiority should be able to occupy that pointless village and at the same time advance in many other places stretching the small amount of Tristain forces very thin ensuring a swift victory mainly due to the obvious incompetence of the enemy supreme commander Princess Henrietta (-,-), Princess Henrietta only knows one tactic - Assemble EVERYTHING, - ATTACK ANYTHING THAT IS ENEMY WITH EVERYTHiNG, she does not know the difference between strategy and tactics either. She may win couple minor victories tactically, but strategically her troops will be mostly dead due to attrition and constant fighting and Albion by not giving Tristain a pointless unnecessary decisive battle (like they did) would simply force the Tristain military to submission in a war of attrition.

Also they should be begging Germania and Gallia for intervention the whole time, in previous episode we saw huge diplomatic failings of Tristain.... Allying with a King with no crown who is certainly going to lose a civil war, pissing off Germania and Gallia, they should forfeit the idiot prince Wales and ally the Reconquista faction of Albion, that would ensure the survival and even advancement of Tristain onto the world stage.

Damn that stupid village was so pointless, if Albion wanted to occupy somethingg, even the f***ing school would be a better choice strategically.

Oh and why at the end award everyone of our cast awards for distinguished service in battle? Only ones to deserve anything is Louise for destroying an airship single-handedly, and Saito for his superweapon which turned the tide. And perhaps Guche for capturing the Albion leader....

And why the F didn't anyone notice throughout all the 13 epsiodes that Louise is at the very least a Square mage? Seriously =,=. Explosion = all four elements. And she explodes everything? She may not control her power but it was very clear that she had the power of all four elements (and later we find out she has 'void' too...)
Yap yap yap I understand. Every thing I know about WWII I learned on Hogan’s Heroes. I too like to casually watch anime to learn all there is to know about military science. Forget studying Caesar and the Battle of Alesia, or Hannibal at Cannae, give me anime over those dead guys any day.
Sep 23, 2018 12:29 AM
Sep 2018
loved it! All 4 seasons were great! 5 stars!
Sep 23, 2018 12:37 AM
Sep 2018
AppoX said:

yeah, yeah, Albion is dumb, Henrietta is a complete idiot, we're all so dumb for not seeing Louise's power. When did you become a tactical mastermind anyway?
Mar 3, 2019 4:54 PM
Mar 2018
I was okay with him flying a Zero, just for the namesake. And the fact that the ammunition should be working after 60+ years? Yeah, why not, we need some action. But why did he open the canopy and then there was no wind and anything. He's getting like 400 km/h of wind in his face. He should be half blinded and deafened by that point and not "okay, now I can fight better". And I know that japan just drols about their patriotism, but wouldn't a better WW2 like a Spitfire or even a Tempest be the better option, since they already had american weapons in that world. And that battle was so goofy. It just consisted of trickshots and coincidences, with a happy ending of course...
DonTrumpolinoMar 3, 2019 4:58 PM
Apr 7, 2019 1:53 AM

Jun 2017
So in the end Saito wasn't able to return to his homeland and be free of his state being a "familiar" basically a slave or a servant, or in the terms of that world, a Peasant, nice. All this happened because he chose to save the country who in the end didn't even recognized his heroism, mainly because he's a peasant, talk about ungratefulness. He also chose to stay with the girl who is whip-happy and abusive, because he loves her. Well, it's his choice if he wants to stay and sleep on the floor with only hay as a bedding. I thought I was going to like this series's first season, though I don't dislike it, I have mixed feelings about it. Considering the anime was produced in 2006, and things were slightly different back then, I'd give it a fair score of 7/10 with a high of 7.5/10.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 20, 2019 10:25 AM

Jun 2009
supremely stupid anime but still mildly enjoyable
Aug 12, 2019 2:34 PM
Jan 2018
it has says why he can fly the plane , people don't pay attention do they his mark allows him to use all weapons that where designed to be weapons

5/10
Sep 2, 2019 1:32 AM

Jul 2016
Pissed off that they didn't give Saito a medal.
Feb 2, 2020 9:21 PM

Dec 2018
quite possibly the most rushed episode of anime i've ever seen.
the season itself was predictable, heavy handed, a little too cliche.
however, i had a hell of a lot of fun watching it and look forward to season 2.
maybe the characters saved the show, i can't quite put my finger on it.
Mar 14, 2020 11:41 AM
Dec 2018
Good series. Got into it more than I expected. The hate for Louise must come from people who take everything literally and believe getting slapped really leaves a hand print on the face. I wouldn't want to take the drama so literally from a plot that suggests women spend all their time comparing their chest sizes. But people ignore that and then rant on about Louise.

Saying that, I loved Siesta and hate how anime and manga creates characters like her only to lose out all the time. Guiche was my favourite character in the show. You cant fault him for trying!
Mar 14, 2020 11:47 AM
Dec 2018
EmperorAlfred said:
So in the end Saito wasn't able to return to his homeland and be free of his state being a "familiar" basically a slave or a servant, or in the terms of that world, a Peasant, nice. All this happened because he chose to save the country who in the end didn't even recognized his heroism, mainly because he's a peasant, talk about ungratefulness. He also chose to stay with the girl who is whip-happy and abusive, because he loves her. Well, it's his choice if he wants to stay and sleep on the floor with only hay as a bedding. I thought I was going to like this series's first season, though I don't dislike it, I have mixed feelings about it. Considering the anime was produced in 2006, and things were slightly different back then, I'd give it a fair score of 7/10 with a high of 7.5/10.

You are taking all the whipping stuff a bit literally I think.

This is an anime cliche character written by someone who thinks she has a complex for being an A cup. Just about sums everything up. I've seen 1000 complaints about her but no one complaining about what are clearly caricatures about breast sizes, etc, etc. Its not meant to be realistic or taken too seriously.
Mar 19, 2020 1:05 PM

Aug 2018
I've seen many, much better anime since the first time I watched this show but my rating hasn't changed. A solid 8/10. Could have been a 9 if the story wasn't so damn rushed. I would love to see a reboot of this series done properly this time.
May 10, 2020 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
As questionable as the plot is, was a super satisfying finale.

Will probably cringe in the next three seasons when they pretend they have never kissed.
May 27, 2020 7:22 PM
Oct 2019
Decent show, decent ending, interesting plot full of potential. With all that said, this gets a 5/10 from me because of Louise.

It boggles my mind to see people defending Louise and her blatantly abusive behavior towards Saito.
"Oh come on guys, she's not that bad"
"She's just misunderstood"
"She doesn't deserve the hate"
"She's supposed to be that way"
I don't care that she's an aristocrat. I don't care if she's from a noble family. I don't care if being a bitch is her character archetype. The show had multiple opportunities to allow her character to evolve but instead chose to restrain her to the limitations of being a bitch. Her feelings for Saito don't matter when every word that comes out of her mouth is pure venom towards him. She's literally the only aristocrat in the whole school that treats Saito like trash after the first episode. Even Guiche becomes more of a "chaotic buddy" to Saito after a while, and the other characters either like him or simply don't mind him. Louise, on the other hand, gets angry at literally everything that Saito does. If he stays quiet, she gets angry and turns her face. If he speaks, she yells and calls him a stupid dog. If he saves her, not a single word of gratitude leaves her mouth. If he doesn't save her, she cucks him with some old guy. Are we not going to address how she supposedly had feelings for Saito while sitting on that guy's lap and blushing at him while speaking with a soft voice? Are we not going to address how she ignored Saito's feelings of failure and incompetence? Are we not going to address how she instead doubled down and decided to MARRY the other guy? She acts like a lovestruck teenage girl with Wardes but treats Saito like trash, and she has the guts to tell Saito that it's her family's decision. I've watched quite a few anime with arranged marriages and, let me tell you, you don't blush at someone and act like a puppy around them when you don't have feelings for that person. You don't willingly sit on their lap and stay close to them at all times if you're being forced to marry them. In fact, the show made it clear that she had a choice, which is not only nonsensical but also makes everything ten times worse. Would a tsundere go as far as to MARRY someone just to spite her love interest? If your answer is yes, you're braindead. Louise had feelings for Wardes. Period. She doesn't love Saito. She AT MOST would feel lonely without him. Being possessive of someone in a toxic way, getting angry at everything they do, cucking them and getting angry when they demonstrate a bad reaction, keeping them close out of fear of being lonely rather than love for them, getting angry when they're treated well by other people. I just described every red flag of an abusive relationship and Louise checks all of the boxes. She makes Saito sleep on some hay and feeds him old bread and water, then proceeds to get angry when he receives better treatment than that. She pushes him away and yells constantly but when he leaves to spend some time with Siesta, someone who's nice to him, she goes nuclear. Three times during the show I was expectantly looking at my screen and waiting for what seemed to be a hint of character development, but no. She just immediately called him a stupid dog and started yelling again. An argument that I've seen is that "Saito deserves some of the whipping he gets". For what? For having a casual conversation with a girl who doesn't treat him like trash? It's actually puzzling because I read somewhere that the original material is kind of a deconstruction of the tsundere archetype, showing that there's a fine line between quirky and abusive, but some of the fans simply ignore that and feast on their masochistic fetish instead of caring about character development.
If the show had more comedy or ecchi, it would be goofy enough for me to ignore Louise's disgusting personality, but the show actually tries to take itself seriously, so Louise doesn't deserve a free pass. Saito becomes more confident and determined throughout the season, but Louise stays literally the same until the last second of the last episode. She doesn't change, doesn't develop, doesn't evolve, doesn't grow as a character. The Louise you see in the first episode is the same Louise you see in the ending. An ungrateful and abusive bitch that only exists to satisfy a specific fetish. She deserves the hate. If anything, she's not hated enough.
Jun 9, 2020 10:05 PM
Jul 2014
AAAAArgh Dammit!!! I should watch this before Gintama. Kugimiya's voice as Kagura was bothering me so much
Dec 2, 2020 5:50 AM

Oct 2020
Ohh man the mitsubishi A6M ZERO fight scene is da best
Jul 12, 2021 6:25 AM
Jul 2020
Did Louise mouth the words "I love you?" in the wedding scene?
Aug 27, 2021 10:42 PM

Nov 2010
Zero vs dragon riders was cool.

If I was Saito, I'd definitely stay in that world both for Louise and magic.

Now they just have to fix that Zero and load it up with magical bullets and they could probably invade Albion with it.

8/10
Aug 12, 2022 1:29 PM
Aug 2022
It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst either, i think it was a satisfying season ending.
Sep 5, 2022 2:18 AM
Apr 2019
I dont like tsundere...
Sep 6, 2022 7:29 AM
Aug 2019
Saraide said:
I dont like tsundere...

I also at first used to directly abhor the woman mc aka Louise.
Chill . Just take Saito getting beaten as fun like comedy.
You'll sstart enjoying the show once you acheieve that.
This anime's realy fun.
Nov 1, 2022 9:24 PM

Sep 2018
That was quite the abrupt ending, wasn't it? The comedy was top notch, especially Saito's cheekiness towards Louise and his peers. Louise is a love or hate character, a violent and stubborn tsundere, but also struggles with an inferior complex and constant bullying. I think her character was handled pretty well as a result. The tonal shift into a more serious plot during the latter half of the series wasn't as great as I had hoped for, enjoyed the more slice of life/school aspect far more. 7/10.
Feb 1, 2023 9:04 PM
Jan 2023
Sep 18, 2023 2:18 PM
Jun 2023
Cute little show. Not anything to take serious, but I liked all the characters. The scene with the LAW rocket launcher was the highlight, but I enjoyed the word play using the zero as worthless, zero dimensional ability to cast spells, the void element, and Mitsubishi Zero. And as much as I liked the relationship between between Louise and Saito, I'm pretty sad that best girl Siesta gets kind of forgotten. She and Saito shared a real connection and were so cute and obviously for real romantically interested in each other. Hopefully the next seasons have some relationship development between them. I don't care if they don't end up together (they obviously won't), but I at least want them to give it a shot.
Nov 20, 2023 3:03 PM

Sep 2014
Holy shit Kirche, way to lose my sympathy! They country is going to war and you say "guess I will go home" with a smile?

Anime having characters fly out of place fighter planes will never not be cool.

And using a sword while flying a zero is just the coolest thing ever!

Still rooting for Siesta.

Tabitha and Kirche have minor "room mate" energy.

This show despite beeing nearly 2 decades old wasnt bad at all, I think I can see how it spawned the modern isekai wave. I was not expecting to enjoy it so much, onwords to season 2 now!
Comander-07Nov 20, 2023 3:35 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 1, 12:24 PM

Aug 2019
this was a surprisingly fun show despite the writing not being good at all.
and i delayed watching this show for a while because i assumed it to be full of "eek pervert" jokes but there wasnt a single one so big props for that

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 10, 2008

54 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 1, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 10, 2008

61 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 1, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima Episode 10 Discussion

aero - Jun 10, 2008

48 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 1, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima Episode 9 Discussion

aero - Jun 9, 2008

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 1, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 8, 2008

59 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 1, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.