Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 21, 11:50 PM
Jul 2023
fre*king worth it love it
Jan 22, 12:07 AM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Another great episode. Not really sure why people don’t like the OP & ED, but I think they are great as well. Really excited for next weeks episode 😄
Jan 22, 12:19 AM

Aug 2019
Sprinting for 4 hours straight without water in a desert while being chased by giant monsters?

They could’ve at least tried to make it a little bit realistic 💀
Jan 22, 12:21 AM
Nov 2019
Its still too early to judge. We know what potential this anime has as i read the manhua but we stll need to get there to judge it
Jan 22, 12:22 AM
Nov 2019
Its still too early to judge. We know what potential this anime has as i read the manhua but we stll need to get there to judge it
Jan 22, 1:58 AM

Feb 2018
Dang how did he even run for 4 hours lol. Welp, he's forced to do that Saitama regime now lol. Oof cliffhanger moment too.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 22, 2:52 AM

Feb 2012
Bit of Goblin slaying. Another solid episode but man I'm already getting impatient becuz I want the show to get to the epic parts from the manhwa.
Jan 22, 3:06 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
If Jin-woo is a weakling but is still able to outrun giant centipedes for 4 hours straight after being woken and transported to a desert in the middle of the night after getting his limbs ripped off and going through a 3-day coma.... then I needa work out more man

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 22, 3:09 AM

Feb 2011
My friend recommended this to me a while ago.

my conclusion...

it's MID as could be. And the korean names suck. I strongly dislike everything so far.

2/10

Feb 2011

my conclusion...

it's MID as could be. And the korean names suck. I strongly dislike everything so far.

2/10

Feb 2014
I do find it very intriguing to see how different Jin Woo's life will be now that he's a player, although his mana level when rated earlier by those two officials still rate him at the bottom of the barrel of E-rank. Ouch...

Putting that aside, his main life is almost reminiscent to a gacha game, with him needing to do a set amount of workouts that'll get Saitama's seal of approval. However, the penalty for not doing his daily quests, as was shown here, are pretty severe. Still, at least he's good at running away, so that helped him survive 4 hours of being chased by that huge centipede. XD

As with gacha dailies, he does get rewards for completing them, where he cares more about his stat increases than anything else. His mindset does remind me of Maple from Bofuri, where he decides to dump those stat boost on one thing, with it being strength compared to Maple's defense. However, his combats skill do need some work, as was shown with him going alone in an instance dungeon and then struggling against 3 goblin enemies. He's no Goblin Slayer, but at least he did beat them, which then led to a tougher fight against a beast, where the episode ends in yet another cliffhanger.

Honestly, I'd be surprised to see an episode that doesn't end on a cliffhanger at this rate! I don't mind it for now, but putting that aside, I do look forward to seeing how Jin Woo will handle this dungeon.
Jan 22, 3:10 AM

Feb 2011

my conclusion...

2/10

Jan 22, 3:13 AM
Jan 2021
still waiting his true power..
Jan 22, 3:19 AM
Feb 2020
I think this episode was good but I honestly wished they ended it on the other wolves showing up and then end it. But overall all the episode was good.
Jan 22, 4:32 AM
Feb 2023
Radical_Orion said:
@Confused_100

Why not? I need to watch to be able to give it a chance and provide a proper, unbiased and objective review. :)
I know the truth hurts, but I got to be honest, this looks overhyped so far.
Nothing impressive, nothing refreshing, the S-class hunters in the first episode looked generic and laughable.
I'm afraid this show will be forgotten pretty fast :/

You aren’t being constructive or criticising, you were only hating. So you are hate watching here, and not enjoying your time. So why waste time?

Truth of criticism would be: pacing isn’t that good so far, the story seems simple but tbh that’s not a bad thing, there’s no fight scenes yet to say anything about animation, which should be the big factor of next episode. The characters seem interesting so far. The way they end the episodes is just plain bad as it doesn’t add suspension but adds annoyance.

That’s how you be constructive and criticise. You are saying it’s overhyped when nothing happened yet. Then you said multiple things which drives anyone to think you are just going with hate train. Something that happened to Demon Slayer and yet it is the most watched and popular anime right now… No1 can take this hate seriously. Criticise and watch. I literally criticise anything even the things I like. I doubt you do that, you are just here to be like anime community. That’s my advice anyways, take it or don’t, your choice.
Jan 22, 4:49 AM

May 2015
Surprising show for the moment. I was expecting another SAO-clone but it looks more like Attack on Titan in an Isekai.
Jan 22, 6:25 AM
Jun 2021
damn they covered 10 chapters of the manwha / just 2 episodes, so how many chapters will the anime cover?
Jan 22, 6:33 AM
Jun 2007
His "second" awakening begins, still with low mana but....
Darn another cliffhanging ep again.
Jan 22, 7:54 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to omana
damn they covered 10 chapters of the manwha / just 2 episodes, so how many chapters will the anime cover?
omana said:

Based on the scenes in the OP, episode 12 should end with chapter 45.
Jan 22, 8:14 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to Confused_100
Radical_Orion said:
@Confused_100

Why not? I need to watch to be able to give it a chance and provide a proper, unbiased and objective review. :)
I know the truth hurts, but I got to be honest, this looks overhyped so far.
Nothing impressive, nothing refreshing, the S-class hunters in the first episode looked generic and laughable.
I'm afraid this show will be forgotten pretty fast :/

You aren’t being constructive or criticising, you were only hating. So you are hate watching here, and not enjoying your time. So why waste time?

Truth of criticism would be: pacing isn’t that good so far, the story seems simple but tbh that’s not a bad thing, there’s no fight scenes yet to say anything about animation, which should be the big factor of next episode. The characters seem interesting so far. The way they end the episodes is just plain bad as it doesn’t add suspension but adds annoyance.

That’s how you be constructive and criticise. You are saying it’s overhyped when nothing happened yet. Then you said multiple things which drives anyone to think you are just going with hate train. Something that happened to Demon Slayer and yet it is the most watched and popular anime right now… No1 can take this hate seriously. Criticise and watch. I literally criticise anything even the things I like. I doubt you do that, you are just here to be like anime community. That’s my advice anyways, take it or don’t, your choice.
@Confused_100

You're assuming a lot about me.
I've been on MAL since 2016 (8years), with only 176 forum posts, you've been here for less than a year, with 687 posts.

It doesn't look like I spend my time "hating" on things. I just share my expertise and experience in japanese animation :)

You said it yourself, "nothing happened yet", after 3 episodes.
Given the amount of animes competing in a season, not to mention the amount of shows from previous seasons that some viewers need to catch up to, giving the audience 3 episodes where "nothing happened" is UNACCEPTABLE, it's an insult to the audience that has limited time to watch animes.

A good anime needs to entertain and catch the audience's attention/interest from the BEGINNING. The flaws you pointed out are unacceptable, given the competition and the high quality standards, we, as anime fans, are supposed to expect from those studios.

3 episodes in and nothing happened is mediocre at best. The only reason people are not flaming it (yet), is because of the (over)hype around it from the biased source material fan base. The only reason I havent dropped it yet, is because of the hype.
Any other show with such poor pace, generic story and messy directing with that amount of padding (time wasting) already, would have been thrown into the trash by 90% of people here if it wasn't for the show being "trendy" and the promise of it getting good.
But for how long this masquerade can go?

Notice how the fanbase was telling "the story is going to really get good in episode 2" after episode 1, nope... then "just wait for episode 3 you'll be blown away", nope... then now they're saying the story is really about to take off in episode 4, haha. Let's see...
Radical_OrionJan 22, 8:19 AM
Jan 22, 8:39 AM

Oct 2011
interesting idea, being like a real life video-game... I mean, I don't like when they make an isekai with a fantasy world with video-game features, because feels lazy...
when MC is tranported to a RPG-like world, is cool to imagine the details of how that world would works if was real... instead, they fill with RPG elements, like level, status, class... almost like they were trying to avoid imagine the world as real...
but the MC working like a video-game in a real world, is different

anyway... I would start putting points on speed, if I had to fight with those status irl... better not be hitted
Jan 22, 9:45 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Radical_Orion
@Confused_100

I've been on MAL since 2016 (8years), with only 176 forum posts, you've been here for less than a year, with 687 posts.

It doesn't look like I spend my time "hating" on things. I just share my expertise and experience in japanese animation :)

Given the amount of animes competing in a season, not to mention the amount of shows from previous seasons that some viewers need to catch up to, giving the audience 3 episodes where "nothing happened" is UNACCEPTABLE, it's an insult to the audience that has limited time to watch animes.

A good anime needs to entertain and catch the audience's attention/interest from the BEGINNING. The flaws you pointed out are unacceptable, given the competition and the high quality standards, we, as anime fans, are supposed to expect from those studios.

3 episodes in and nothing happened is mediocre at best. The only reason people are not flaming it (yet), is because of the (over)hype around it from the biased source material fan base. The only reason I havent dropped it yet, is because of the hype.
Any other show with such poor pace, generic story and messy directing with that amount of padding (time wasting) already, would have been thrown into the trash by 90% of people here if it wasn't for the show being "trendy" and the promise of it getting good.

Notice how the fanbase was telling "the story is going to really get good in episode 2" after episode 1, nope... then "just wait for episode 3 you'll be blown away", nope... then now they're saying the story is really about to take off in episode 4, haha. Let's see...
Radical_Orion said:
3 episodes in and nothing happened is mediocre at best.

You gave Frieren a 10 where nothing happens in almost every episode. Then you proceed to complain on another show because it's too slow for your taste.
We can smell your hypocrisy from miles away!!
Jan 22, 11:13 AM
Jun 2021
Yeah, the party has started! Looking forward to next week.
Jan 22, 11:37 AM
Feb 2023
Radical_Orion said:
@Confused_100

Well yeah but you know that most new animes are like that? The biggest difference is most new animes have an hour premiere. For this, it did have something happen in episode 2. Where in some new animes would have in their premiere.

You are judging it wrongly because you aren’t giving it the benefit other new animes had… That’s why I disagree with your notation. But yeah I agree everything should be more clear next episode since action should be there. And we will see the animation and if it looks as good as they teased it.

Btw again generic storytelling is literally most of new animes. Why do we act like the new generation did something new? None are like close to affect anime industry like AOT, Fullmetal, steins;gate did in the past. Like name me one new anime that broke ground in story telling and I will counter it easily even.
Jan 22, 11:43 AM
Feb 2023
Yaggamy said:
Radical_Orion said:
3 episodes in and nothing happened is mediocre at best.

You gave Frieren a 10 where nothing happens in almost every episode. Then you proceed to complain on another show because it's too slow for your taste.
We can smell your hypocrisy from miles away!!

Actually I disagree here but at the same time agree in someway. Frieren could be the only new anime where it feels like an adventure with very likeable characters, unlike the other new animes that think sad and despair is the new cool. It does something different. That’s why its reception is great so far. Story wise, yeah I agree basically nothing happens, it’s character driven basically.

If solo leveling is character driven too, it’s taking abit of awhile to settle into because of the pacing issue so far.
Jan 22, 2:14 PM
May 2018
Episode 3 picks up the aftermath from episode 2 and we finally have downtime with the main protagonist which is one of my favorite moments when its come to anime.
Jan 22, 2:14 PM
May 2018
Episode 3 picks up the aftermath from episode 2 and we finally have downtime with the main protagonist which is one of my favorite moments when its come to anime.
Jan 22, 3:09 PM
Jun 2022
Predictable but still entertaining.
Jan 22, 3:09 PM
Jun 2022
Predictable but still entertaining.
Jan 22, 3:13 PM
Nov 2023
If you call Sung fucking Shun Mizushino I am going to kill you
Jan 22, 8:48 PM
Sep 2016
Just dropped this show.

Honestly, don't understand how this is rated 8.5 right now.

Most boring isekai I have seen so far.
Jan 22, 9:26 PM
May 2018
Boring cliche story and nonsense
There is no creativity in this anime
Jan 22, 9:26 PM
May 2018
Boring cliche story and nonsense
There is no creativity in this anime
Jan 22, 11:12 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! they're really draggin' this! so slow!! oh man!
much slower more money to milk! oh deymn!
3/5.

Jan 23, 12:13 AM
Dec 2023
Amazing episode
#mal
Jan 23, 2:53 AM
Jan 2024
this is gonna be fire ngl
Jan 23, 2:57 AM

Apr 2016
AHHH CLIFFHANGER

Jan 23, 3:09 AM
May 2022
Quite a good ep again. The animation is so consistent ,as expected from A1 studios.
Jan 23, 3:52 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Ventus_S
Yeah, as expected , the detail of this show make no sense as usual.

An individual with body strength of an average person = 10 can run 4 hrs full speed none stop?
He is beyond world champion in terms of stamina because even world champion cant run at full speed none stop for 4 hrs. (It's not the same as Marathon because they don't run at full speed, plus mc nvr get any Marathon related training )
Also he's running on a dessert so it takes even more stamina to run.
Should have just make the quests 4 mins survival to make the scenario more believable.

Plus if mc can avoid multiple deadly monsters like that for four hours, there's no way he'd get injured by Goblin or in E dungeon.
He can outrun all of them.
@Ventus_S even the weakest hunter becomes leaps and bound stronger than the average human im not sure how well the anime explained that or if you just werent paying attention ,also u are misunderstanding the entire point of the penalty quest and the show in general first , also ur underestimating how strong them goblins are
Jan 23, 7:08 AM
Oct 2019
It was ok I guess. humu humu. filler filler
Jan 23, 7:08 AM
Oct 2019
It was ok I guess. humu humu. filler filler filler
Jan 23, 7:09 AM
Oct 2019
It was ok I guess. humu humu. filler filler filler
Jan 23, 7:11 AM
Feb 2021
Slowed the pacing of the show down
Jan 23, 8:21 AM
Jun 2021
just kyaaaaa happy
Jan 23, 9:22 AM
Jan 2024
Super interesting; that's all I'll say.
Jan 23, 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
Ah so now we understand where this is going. He's actually solo leveling his own abilities by getting merged into some kind of game, damn who knows whats the max stats there. When he squashed that apple, I thought he'll destroy them with one hit, but he still facing troubles lol
Jan 23, 2:05 PM
Sep 2019
look like the manwa
Jan 23, 2:34 PM

Feb 2018
And so the training begins!
After going through all that I'm surprised at how quickly Jinwoo seems to have recovered, mentally, but I guess it could probably be something to do with the whole "player" thing.
Also, I really can't believe they're going to leave us on a cliffhanger like that...
Jan 23, 2:34 PM
Sep 2019
5 minutes in. Guy finds out the girl that wasted her lifeforce constantly healing a pathetic excuse of a MC that had zero business in with the group has severe PTSD. Other guys life is ruined due to losing an arm. Family man sliced in half and the rest massacred.

But the slightest hint he may had a pulled out of the writers ass "second awakening" nonsense, he's giddy as a school girl and all smiley.

I have never felt such disgust for a MC as this worthless sack of shit. And its not like the anime world has a lack of them. But this pos deserves nothing good. Especially the OP powers that are coming. Zero idea why all of you are blowing your loads over this show. So far it is hot garbage and now dropped.

No care for the powershow coming from an undeserving MC like this or the nonsense logic the world is built around.
Jan 23, 7:32 PM
Jan 2024
I was a great setup episode that got me invested on what's to come with the show. I heard great things from the manga and I'm hoping it stays consistent through the story and animation.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SUB vs DUB . It Ends today, DUB WIN'S

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Yesterday

32 by sung_jinzero_69 »»
15 minutes ago

» Any gils ?

Innskip - May 3

12 by Innskip »»
Yesterday, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

511 by Alec_Pradeux »»
May 4, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

726 by Alec_Pradeux »»
May 4, 6:12 PM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

54 by SkyhighCFC »»
May 4, 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.