Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 8, 4:20 PM

May 2015
Whoever did the translation/localization for this needs to be fired asap "mid", "this is so whack"? This is literally the shit people are complaining about...ridiculous
Jan 8, 4:21 PM

May 2019
Welcome to Hokkaido! (That's what the servers would say when I visited a restaurant here in the states that was called Hokkaido.)

So why do gyarus in general act like they have no shame? Not complaining btw as I chuckled a few times while watching this. At least in this series Minami is interested in the MC because he's from Tokyo and she wants to learn about that area. As far as her walking around the snow in a skirt, I've seen on Youtube Japanese girls walking around in skirts in freezing weather which, to me, is crazy but I believe they do have some great tolerances to the cold weather plus because of fashion.

Anyway, hope this turns out to be entertaining and so far I thought the first episode was pretty good.
Jan 8, 4:38 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
SHE'S TOO POWERFUL GGGAGHHHHHHGHHH

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 8, 4:39 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to SD_strange
Can't believe people are finding this interesting, looks to me like the writer is a 14-year-old kid
@SD_strange Alright pack it up
This is not for you
Jan 8, 4:40 PM
May 2022
Ah yes the manga I always look at on manga plus, roll my eyes and keep scrolling. It wasn’t so bad though. It’s pretty generic and very Dress Up Darling-esque. But I was expecting worse so can’t really fault it. Really wish they could write a different mc than just nice, painfully average guy for these rom coms
Jan 8, 4:42 PM
Aug 2021
redorzo said:
How does she not freeze to death dressed like that and she says she get cold easily as well, oh well it's anime after all.

Not sure why she's already hanging and being comfortable around him like that but you know it's nice to have shows like this sometimes.

oh believe me, that's not as weird as it seems. I once went to Canada mid winter, Quebec. went out for dinner and temp was below 0 Celsius...there were girls in skirts and scantly clothed all over the streets! meanwhile I was freezing.
Jan 8, 4:48 PM
Mar 2021
i almost choked on my water from the small amount of fanservice not gon lie 😭
Jan 8, 4:49 PM

May 2023
I really loved the first episode, super shippable couple. I really want to see how their relationship will unfold.
Jan 8, 5:00 PM
May 2017
Minami the Hokkaido gyaru is super adorable.

Very good beginning episode!

Expecting comedy, ecchi and some romance.

Tsubasa moved to his happiness.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 8, 5:16 PM
Aug 2022
Protag-kun better not fumble Minami, she's so into him so he better get some confidence quick!

Anyways, putting that aside, what's the timeline here? 1 day of school and no classes the next day? Did he arrive on a Sunday, went to school on Monday and had no classes due to a holiday on Tuesday? Or did he arrive to Hokkaido on a Thursday, went to 1 day of school and then it was the weekend? Idk why I care lol, I just thought it's kinda silly!

Jan 8, 5:24 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to Softhenic03
Pretty sure the probability of let’s say a person A stumbling upon some super hot blonde girl in bone chilling winter while randomly roaming the streets is negative… not even zero, but hey if you’re a black haired anime protag who can’t even speak properly outside of his own mind and freaks out every next second over.. literally anything, then there’s a chance, heck it’s inevitable.

We’re talking about our main dude here, whose name, Shiki Tsubasa, might sound cool to ears but that’s the only good thing about him, I mean not even his first day to school, much less in a completely new place and with completely new surroundings, he has somehow scored himself a blonde chick… what???????? And why? He’s already exchanging blankets, hanging out and above all is even getting an invitation to her house…. WHAT????

Why is that girl even showing an interest in him? Because he breathes? Or has two eyes? Or can speak the words and language of humans unlike his counterparts who only know how to bark???????? No really that’s a genuine ask.

Anyways, it really didn’t feel like this was or should've been the first episode of this series, because for some reason these two are acting OVERLY FAMILIAR already... for some reason. Opening sounded good, I mean something has to be decent enough after all lol.
Softhenic03 said:
Why is that girl even showing an interest in him? Because he breathes? Or has two eyes? Or can speak the words and language of humans unlike his counterparts who only know how to bark???????? No really that’s a genuine ask.

I assume that they're going for the trope of "small town girl is curious about the big city so she falls in love with boy that comes from there". Not the greatest setup for a romance maybe, but if they manage to create genuine chemistry between them as the story progresses then it's not the worst either I think.

Jan 8, 5:24 PM

Jul 2013
come on i neeed points !!!!!!!!!!!111111
🎃 🄼🅈 🄲🄰🄽🄳🄸🄴🅂:

💀 🄱🄾🄽🅄🅂 🄲🄰🄽🄳🅈:
Jan 8, 5:38 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to billybub
Whoever did the translation/localization for this needs to be fired asap "mid", "this is so whack"? This is literally the shit people are complaining about...ridiculous
billybub said:
Isn't it because the characters are speaking in gyaru slang?
Jan 8, 5:56 PM

Nov 2021
PEAK GYARU JUST DROPPED!!
Jan 8, 6:11 PM

Apr 2022
standard stuff, was okay and i'm expecting the rest of the show to be more okay but not special nor bad stuff. she got big biddies and big bank but goddamn that snot shot was not it.
Jan 8, 6:12 PM

May 2015
Reply to MadanielFL
billybub said:
Isn't it because the characters are speaking in gyaru slang?
@MadanielFL her line is supposed to be about her being concerned he'd think she was lame for living in the country not about thinking her town is "mid". His whack line makes even less sense since considering the kind of person he is. Just another example of localizers ham fisting modern slang in places it doesn't belong
Jan 8, 6:17 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to SD_strange
Can't believe people are finding this interesting, looks to me like the writer is a 14-year-old kid
@SD_strange
well, just took me 3 min for this episode but tbh ...
it's boring when it's just fan-service harem tho.
and it's gonna be good if it's become h*ntai.
Jan 8, 6:19 PM
Nov 2023
@Softhenic03 "person A
stumbling upon some super hot blonde girl in bone
chilling winter while randomly roaming the streets
is negative..."
then he turns out to be in the same school, not just that but also in the same class, not only that but also sitting next to her, not only that but she also turns out to be the most down bad woman I've ever seen and directly invites him to her house, this whole dynamic must be prepared directly from god himself
ZeStarkJan 8, 6:30 PM
Jan 8, 6:39 PM
Jun 2013
Reply to SD_strange
@SD_strange What exactly a "14 year old kid" is supposed to write? a sexy romantic comedy? nah, I feel like a 14yo kid would come up with a typical battle/action shounen, like many of the ones you have in your list ;)
Jan 8, 6:59 PM
Sep 2020
Well animated cute gal anime. Very good, but not my favorite kind
Jan 8, 7:00 PM

Jul 2016
Well, this was better than expected. Dynamic between Minami and Tsubasa feels oddly "right" despite it being the usual awkward dude x super outgoing chick duo. I mean, he made her feel bashful at least twice in the same episode after all.

Also Minami reminds me a lot of my beloved Galko-chan and that's already a huge plus in my book.
Jan 8, 7:15 PM
Jul 2023
check out the chapter 60😁😏
Jan 8, 7:18 PM
Oct 2019
I loved it, the line is magnificent, I want this MC to please not be a boring virgin and have relationships
Jan 8, 7:47 PM
Dec 2021
Minami is so GYAAAAAT!
She can warm me up tight! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Jan 8, 8:01 PM
Nov 2021
Episode was pretty good. With how Minami Fuyuki is Im suprised this anime doesnt have the ecchi tag. I think this anime has got a lot of potentional. Love the opening (ending?) song.
Jan 8, 8:02 PM

Dec 2016
What kind of moron would get off a taxi in the middle of f*cking nowhere just to take a walk with 4 inches of snow? And repeat a similar mistake by not boarding a bus the girl already told him it's going his way? Are his parents siblings? Was he born with an extra chromosome?

I'll give this show one more episode. By the looks of it, it gives me the vibes of some incredibly cliched 2000 ecchi/harem crap.
Jan 8, 8:08 PM

Jul 2014
Man, I love Fuyuki so much already. She is so cute and hot... and I'm so weak for Ayaneru xD.
Jan 8, 8:24 PM
Dec 2022
This anime is so sweet! It's funny how stupid Tsubasa already feels when not knowing much about Hokkaido, but his first encounter with Minami was so cute, how quickly she blushed was adorable! Like any gal she was really forward and bold, she really knows how to draw someone's attention, also the way her eyes looked sharp was kinda cool about her character design. At the end you can totally tell she's smitten lol. XDD
Jan 8, 8:54 PM
Oct 2021
Minami is indeed super cute, but the stuttering, shrieking and panicking male lead of Tsubasa is a worn out trope that needs to go away. Far, far away. I hope he gets better.
Jan 8, 10:08 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to AkeZZZ
They were cute and lovely together.
btw, who on Earth went to Shin-Okubo on their dating? It's not a first-place area for you to think about your dating.

Time for location hunting.
the bus stop
Itoshino station And, if they use this station, their high school should be modeled after this school

Seicomart is a chain of Japanese convenience stores that are mostly found on the island of Hokkaido, they also have their branches in Saitama and Ibaraki. If you travel to Hokkaido, you will find them everywhere.
@AkeZZZ nice! I've been to Hokkaido a few times, and was thinking I might scope these after the episode. Thanks for doing it so quickly!
Jan 8, 10:28 PM

Oct 2020
Out of the frying pan with Ryuto from Our Dating Story and into the fire of yet another nervous wreck of a main character like Tsubasa here. It’s a okay start, good animation and color palette and the OP has a very joyous tone. Rolled my eyes at the MC’s low intelligence, however, not really a fan at how stupid he was to just get out of a taxi in a place he doesn’t know and then completely forgets about the bus.
Jan 9, 12:23 AM

Jan 2021
It looks like it will be a great anime adaptation.

The first episode started firing on full cylinders.Fuyuk became overly comfortable around Tusbasa quickly to the point of inviting him over after two days of his arrival to Hokkaido

I love Fuyuki. This will be one of the good ones of the winter season.
Jan 9, 12:25 AM
Sep 2020
I love the choreography in the OP.

I wonder how Minami would react in this situation if she was awake during the movie's sex scene.

I didn't Tsubasa's hair to be like that when he's not wearing his winter cap.

The moment Tsubasa didn't follow Minami to the bus, I knew he was fucked.
Gio G. Lingad
Jan 9, 12:32 AM
Aug 2020
i love gyarus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lots of fanservice tho...... :|
Jan 9, 1:09 AM
Apr 2013
EP 1

I'll be honest, I was actually pretty worried at the start, but whatever. cute girls(?)
Hopefully it turns out to be good
Also japanese is hard, how am i supposed to know what "dosanko" means
I'll be honest, I dont know much about hokkaido except that its cold, but is it going to be snowing the entire anime? hmm

it says hokkaido gals...actually wait theres no obvious singular or plural in japanese. but anyway, im assuming there's going to be other girls too, but who knows. in fact i was wondering if they were gonna be slower or faster in the first ep

So thats the ep. i thought they were gonna skip the op and ed but we got uh, i assume this is the op.
Looks like there's two more girls? its been awhile since most anime nowadays have 4 or 5 girls (or even more)
Looks like there's a guy too, and several other characters who are like supporting maybe. Maybe we'll see them next ep or maybe ep 3/4

For the first ep well, some strangeness, a bit fast and slow. all things considered its fine, though i did feel like they were maybe trying a bit too hard
Looks like people are way more optimistic about this anime. Sometimes having less characters is fine
Jan 9, 1:32 AM

Feb 2014
I won't deny that I went in thinking that this series would be a more simpler version of My Dress Up Darling, mainly because of the Gyaru main female characters. While my thoughts of the first episode itself still remains that way, I enjoyed the episode more than I thought I would do. =)

The series isn't ashamed in getting the fanservice moment in straight away and that can be a good or bad thing depending on one's tastes. For me, I like it, so I was thoroughly entertained with the many cute and lewder moments between Tsubasa and Minami. Speaking of, Minami is a pretty fun character and she's showing how kind she is by wanting to get to know Tsubasa better. Sure, him being from Tokyo is the main draw for that reason, but at least she's grown to like him more for himself rather than just where he originally came from.

The OP itself was great. Sure, it's not the best fit for the premise of this series, but it's because of how hectic it goes with the animation that makes me enjoy it more. Plus, it's sung by Masayoshi Oishi and this song does have familiar vibes of the Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun OP that he did for that series 10 years ago, so it's already great in my eyes!

So, in a way, this is another guilty pleasure of this Winter season for me (alongside the lewd magical girl show), so I do look forward to seeing more of Minami and Tsubasa hanging out in future episodes.
Jan 9, 1:48 AM
Apr 2022
i can feel male mc's virgin energy from miles away
Jan 9, 2:23 AM
Sep 2019
Wish they would of attempted to keep the dialect that makes this distinct and kept out the localization instead of making this another decent harem show
Jan 9, 3:41 AM
Mar 2019
I'm getting that Marin Kitagawa vibe from Fuyuki.
Jan 9, 3:53 AM
Oct 2022
It was a very good first episode, and I will surely watch the other ones to see how it progresses.
Jan 9, 4:12 AM

Aug 2014
very funny start, the art is kinda different for me but is ok
lots of ecchi :P
she going on almost naked especially second time in winter is crazy O.o how so if she says she is cold :D I would never!
I could relate with Tsubasa leaving taxi too soon I kinda do it sometimes with tram :P but forgetting to get onto the bus?! when he could talk more with her?:D crazy!

I knew exactly that she will be coming late to class :D It was too obvious ;d

nice start I like this type of comedy
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 9, 4:21 AM

Aug 2022
This Hokkaido Girl is too sexy.

The romance with Gyaru never disappoints. They had just met but had already exchanged phone numbers, had a date at home and had a meal together.

It's truly romantic like no other. Really enjoyed this romance.
Jan 9, 4:36 AM
Apr 2022
It's great that he just moved to Hokkaido for the first time and immediately got a girl who liked him or maybe more haha
Jan 9, 5:35 AM
Apr 2022
Interesting first episode.
Jan 9, 5:51 AM
Jul 2010
I did read the manga so i was curious how the anime would compare and to be honest, at least from the first episode it is not only spot on, but also expands in a way that i enjoyed. Wholesome, it is very wholesome.
Jan 9, 6:35 AM
Sep 2021
Ok, just from this episode it didn't impress me that much, but there was ecchiness and good art style & animation. Let's see how it's upcoming episodes will be.
Jan 9, 6:52 AM

Sep 2020
Obligatory new romcom of my seasonal watchlist takes me to city boy meets somehow trendy girl in the countryside (snow + Japan edition!) Some comedy parts did hit, like the name-asking scene and he just ended up forgetting to get on the damn bus, but to sum it up, this episode had very heavy fanservice, very little characterisation to speak of.

For this episode, I'm most upset with Tsubasa being just an audience self-insert and the constant Minami fanservice (take a shot every time the camera pans bottom-up to showcase her body this episode) but I can see a sliver of potential for an actual story to take place, at least.

I hope it grows out of its current ecchi hell, maybe explore the character dynamics of their contrasts more. Regardless, this episode's a 2/5.
Beat & Motion's strongest warrior

Jan 9, 6:59 AM

Oct 2008
this show is your self-insert-gratification vanilla gyaru everyone wants!!! UKERUUUU!!!!! haha
5/5.

Jan 9, 7:11 AM
Oct 2023
ESTA MUY BUENO TODAS FRIAS LAS PATRULLAS
Jan 9, 8:02 AM

Apr 2023
dont fully know how I feel about this, idk I was excited cause it looked cute but the fanservice has definitely put me off it a little, not to mention minami kinda reminds me of marin so it somewhat feels like a worse dress up darling so far. either way i enjoyed it quite a bit tho, and I wasn't expecting the opening to be done by masayoshi oishi- it definitely goes hard tho, but it looks like theyve tried to make it a trend with that dance lmao
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

71 by Alex796 »»
Apr 25, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18

103 by kociamatka »»
Apr 22, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

108 by HachiKyou »»
Apr 20, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12

90 by 2life »»
Apr 20, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5

84 by Alex796 »»
Apr 20, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.