Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sasaki and Peeps (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 6, 3:46 PM
Nov 2015
Great episode and all. Just the "few minutes here equals hours in the other world" that was kind of stupid. If thats the case, 1day on real world is like 2months on isekai world. He need to go there all the time to manage his life there. And ofc it doesnt make sense that he sleep there and its synchronized with his regular life.
Well, its an anime, noone cares. I'll just pretend it didnt happened.
Jan 6, 4:02 PM
Jan 2021
loved EP 1. this show looks promising, liked the fact it was a long episode too.
Jan 6, 5:48 PM
May 2022
You know I’ve always said if an isekai is truly good and does something new and inventive I’ll actually like it. Very few really rise above the standard tropes. And although this one keeps the isekai to a minimum, it’s very intriguing so far. High hopes honestly
Jan 6, 5:49 PM

Mar 2010
That neighbour is scary. The anime seems fun already. Wonder what he would be doing in the new company
Jan 6, 6:36 PM

Jan 2008
What a dark horse show. A fresh take on the isekai sub-genre of traveling to another world to trade for gold. I think this will be one of my favorite shows of the season right up there with Frieren. The comedic timing of the priceless meme-worthy facial expression changes was the highlight for me. I initially thought traveling to another world and back doing trading would be simple enough to be more of the same stuff that I like to consume...but the additional element of this taking place mostly in the real world with a whole separate supernatural story setting dealing with non-magic psychic-related crimes and all little other crime-thriller elements like tailing, bugging devices, and whatnot--are the cherry on top of this series. The voice acting is A-list top-tier talent, pacing is smooth, and the animation/illustrations is vibrant and well done for both the real world and the fantasy world. It never left me bored for a moment. The school girl with deep parental issues...showing her yandere-side at the end was an unexpected surprise, but a welcome one. Would be especially dangerous if she somehow woke up one day with esper-powers too. Not to mention the cute animal companion this time being Pii-chan...I'm a little tired of slimes or big talking wolves, so an adorable pudgy sparrow like Pii-chan is a refreshing extra layer of icing on the cake.

I liked this first episode so much, I watched it a 2nd time...and didn't even notice it was 48 minutes long (2 episodes)! Or the fact that Yuuki Aoi was voicing Pii-chan! She has some serious range, like crazy girls (Clementine), young girls (Taylor, Violet Evergarden), now male voices/animals (Pii-chan). I'm loving her as a VA more and more every time.

If there was one thing this show missed, it was that they didn't explain how he was going to exchange the gold for yen in the real world? I'll give it a while, since even other shows that dealt with fantasy-currency exchanging like Isekai Shokudou didn't show it until until well into the series, and only briefly at that.

Can't wait for the next episode now.
Estoy_GordoJan 7, 5:23 PM
Jan 6, 6:36 PM
Oct 2021
Wow, I enjoyed that so much I didn’t even realise it was almost an hour until I looked down at the end, lol.
Jan 6, 6:55 PM

Nov 2017
Chill man, cute bird, workholic woman, and yand-mysterious girl. So good first eps so far.

Jan 6, 7:11 PM

Apr 2016
Wow whole 48 minutes gives me a strong impression on this one. Can't wait for the next episode.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Jan 6, 10:14 PM
Nov 2020
Okay, not gonna lie, I didn't read the description of this anime before I watched the first episode or anything. I was expecting a light, chill anime about a guy and his bird. Suddenly, two different plot lines are going on, feels like I'm watching saving 80k gold crossed with chainsaw man. It was kind of ridiculous, but in a good way. I liked it, even though it was kind of a lot.
Jan 6, 11:19 PM

Jul 2022
Having Tomokazu Sugita and Aoi Yuuki voicing the two main characters will make this one special.
Jan 7, 4:04 AM
Jan 2024
Like it but 45min is long introduction
Jan 7, 4:34 AM
Nov 2013
My first anime for this season and I loved it.
When I first came across this anime, my first thought was about a man and his pet.
The synopsis looks interesting enough and so I watched it.
It's quite uncommon to see an anime dealing with isekai and Earth so I wondered how well does it handle this delicate balance.

I watched through the whole of episode 1 without realizing that it was a double length episode and I enjoyed it the whole time.

Definitely going to watch the rest of this when it airs.
Jan 7, 5:49 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Okay i don't know what this is going to be haha.
Was okay.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 7, 6:02 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm, a little bit naive plot for me. Does he really think he's not being listened by this phone, not just all of that stuff they putted in his room?
Jan 7, 6:07 AM
Jul 2019
probably the most interesting premise of all the premieres I've seen (so far) this season, wasn't expecting that from an isekai

kinda surprised this doesn't have that much hype behind it (yet)
Jan 7, 6:57 AM
Oct 2023
fantastic, only the first episode is out,but i'm loving it
Jan 7, 9:20 AM

Jun 2020
Wow I liked it a lot it has potential to be favorite of the season. Looks like there is gonna be happening a lot of things with both of the world and with girl from next door. Love the MC and the bird. Good to see a MC that has chill reactions and how he finds solutions and he is not dumb so thats a very big plus.
Jan 7, 10:41 AM
May 2015
I'm very excited for this, but the lack of production quality on some parts really hurts. The scene where he meets with the Viscount and it sits on one still zoomed out low quality image for 14 seconds strait just killed me.
Jan 7, 6:34 PM
Jan 2023
48 minutes i watching it is worth it but not perfect. so far this anime very unique and episode 7/10 for episode 1
Jan 7, 8:50 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to lingojk
The girl next door might be a gerontophile

Sasaki is a nice dude though, and he’s likely the only guy she meets while her mum’s slutting away
@lingojk nah, MC isn't THAT old for next door girl to have a gerontophilia
Jan 8, 2:21 AM
Jan 2024
I didn't expect what happened, feel refreshing after so many textbook isekai
Jan 8, 2:56 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Thought this show would just be about a guy and his bird….. it’s apparently quite a lot more than that lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 8, 3:57 AM
Mar 2012
Sasaki intriguing life philosophy & that pseudo positive pov.
Pii cute & unusual for an mc.
Kouhai quite positive. weird some cast got no real names.

Already two world, job change, city lord, restaurant etc, rather plot dense r they rushing it?
Man the va's stacked.
Otonari looks always depressed, strange home issue.

sudden X Men twist now. mc's slow life doesn't want a workaholic.
Akutsu rather creepy.
Cute cookies but yandere kid...

Jan 8, 4:32 AM
Jun 2012
This is really good. Looking forward to more birdo the paranormal police man anime.
Jan 8, 5:51 AM

Aug 2015
Reply to karrotStick
@Rytakahashi09 Nothing. Love knows no bounds. They marry each other, have a child and live happily ever after in a mansion they bought in the fantasy world without any worry of financial instability. The good end.
@karrotStick Can't tell if troll or pedophile
Jan 8, 5:51 AM

Aug 2015
Why'd they have to go and mess up a perfectly good show by adding a creepy element of a potential romance between like a 15 year old high school girl and like a 40 year old office worker
Jan 8, 8:45 AM
Nov 2023
A 48 minute long premiere....just dragged it along. I feel suspicious vibes from his next-door neighbor. And being drug into the psychic government agency was just ANOTHER thing to add to Peep's craziness already. I'll give the next episode a shot but still..eh
Jan 8, 3:07 PM

Nov 2013
nice, love this anime.
remind me of Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/52461/Rougo_ni_Sonaete_Isekai_de_8-manmai_no_Kinka_wo_Tamemasu

both have same element.
- mc sold their world item to isekai
- mc can teleport to their world and isekai
Jan 8, 3:13 PM
Feb 2016
I love first cap of the anime.

Jan 8, 3:39 PM

Sep 2021
A strong start for this one!

The first half was essentially Roukin's first season in 28 minutes. While not as funny as that one, it did have many good jokes here and there and I like how it quickly established the Other World.

And just when I was asking myself "Now, where does this go wrong?", they introduced the Psychics as an interesting plot point in the real world.

So with a bunch of intriguing plot strings and a good amount of gags, this show opened up a lot of good paths to follow. Should be one of the good ones this season!
Jan 8, 7:23 PM
Jan 2024
An average anime but I'm curious how the story will continue
Jan 8, 8:12 PM

Feb 2011
similar premise to "Earning 80000 in another world for retirement" but with an old guy and a bird.

Not the worst.

Hope the yandere sticks around, she's great.

I wish we'd get an anime where the MC would decline the orginization and just keep on at his life lol.

Jan 9, 1:16 AM
Oct 2019
More Anime need to do this.
48 mins first episode is such a good introduction to the Anime.

I thought this just gonna be wholesome slice of life Sasaki and Pii-chan on Isekai, and then he got recruited by MIB? LMAO

I wonder why the girl next door always sit outside her house, must be more into it.

Btw look at the VA list, god damn it's Stacked.
Jan 9, 8:54 AM
May 2014
Still nothing out of the ordinary, what's about japan and the obsesion with "cute" partner/companion/pet? i'm petty sure isekai is not targeting female audience so what's the point?
Jan 9, 11:20 AM
Nov 2022
I'll be watching this one.
Jan 9, 12:59 PM

Oct 2019
When I read the title Sasaki and Peeps I tought this is just one of those old man SoL raising pet. Lmao
Jan 9, 2:06 PM

Jan 2021
I really liked this first episode, and this looks to be a fun watch. It'll be interesting to see how Sasaki juggles both worlds, and I'm also interested to see how they both intertwine (if at all).

The neighbor girl is cute. I was hoping she might play a bigger role in the anime, but after looking at her name in the character section I'm not so sure lol.

Jan 9, 2:14 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Finago
@lingojk nah, MC isn't THAT old for next door girl to have a gerontophilia
@Finago Fair enough, but the yandere girl is still.. well yk haha
Jan 9, 5:35 PM
Apr 2021
Cool I liked this episode it’s different from other Isekai’s where the MC is a high school student yk and peeps is a nice addition to the show I like Yuuki Aoi’s voice she really sounds like Killua a lil bit here🔥

The girls in this anime have some really nice eye art especially the girl who sits outside her door she has some really nice eyes😩

Looking forward to the next episode to see how hectic Sasaki’s life is gonna get🤣
Jan 9, 8:16 PM
Feb 2020
i did not expect anything that happened in this episode
i dont read anything about shows before i start watching them, i just see an image from it and if it looks good i start watching it, and ive always found great shows this way
the entire time i was watching the episode i was questioning what kind of show this truly was
the two shows ive seen that id say it has the most in common with are Alice and Zoroku and My Home Hero

until the bird talked i assumed the show wouldnt be story driven, then i thought the story might be about the bird getting back to his home world, and then they went to the birds homeworld and ii thought it might be an isekai, and then he kept switching between the worlds and i thought i knew what was going on until the physics showed up

if this had been a normal length episode, i would have no idea what the show is truly about right now

this is a great show and i cant wait for episode 2
i usually dont much like when the first episode is double length but it makes sense for this show

i am excited to see what happens next
Jan 9, 10:26 PM
Dec 2016
Well that was a huge mess. Not sure what people in this thread are seeing in this show. Why was this even an isekai in the first place?
Jan 10, 11:25 AM
May 2017
A unique and engaging take on the genre, and with a cute bird to boot! ^^
Jan 10, 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
Oh shit, this is the anime with Kantoku's girls. I totally forgot about it.

I didn't know it's double length episode. Such a nice surprise.
First part got me thinking I'm going into some chill isekai anime. The the whole thing with physics... NGL I felt disappointed by tone change. But I guess it doesn't look too bad.
I wonder what role will this JK play. She clearly seems interested in Sasaki, but with him being an adult (actual adult, not some collage student) I don't see this going into romance subplot.
I really don't know what to expect from this anime now. Nonetheless I'm looking forward to it.
Jan 10, 9:09 PM
Jul 2020
This was amazing. WAAAY better and more fleshed out than I expected. The protagonist is such a fresh breath of air from how he acts.

He ACTUALLY acts his age. From the lying to the not being a shy dimwit all the time.

My only minor pet peeve is the RIDICULOUS coincidence of the one dude who can use magic accidentally encountering the organisation. There’s no way they are THAT careless, right? The woman was straight up firing icicles in the middle of the streets.

How do they keep this information from leaking, like, at all?

Also, 1 for each 100.000 people having abilities is a ridiculously high percentage. That means 80.000 people in the world have abilities. How the fuck did this not leak?

Hope this gets addressed.

Anyways, a solid 9/10. Breath of fresh air all around by every possible angle. Especially the protag.
Jan 11, 6:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
God, way too much happened this episode but hey, I still loved the Ep!

We’ve got the JK having some feelings for him along with the yandere vibes, Sasaki’s junior quitting after that interesting proposal, and the duality between the new job in real world and the businesses in the virtual world. That’s a lot to take in, but hey, I’m digging this. Pii-chan casually just spelling out his/her full name was hilarious.

Great decision to have this pilot episode be twice the episode length, I’m curious to see how many episodes this will ultimately be getting.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 11, 8:59 AM
Apr 2018
???? what is this ????
Jan 11, 8:48 PM

Apr 2009
Was really loving this until the paranormal agency pushed its way into the plot and derailed everything. Such a weird seemingly unnecessary left turn out of nowhere. We've already got magic and a whole 'nother world! I'll give it a few more episodes, maybe in time it'll all tie in together or pull it off in a way that will prove me wrong.
Jan 11, 10:19 PM

Mar 2013
This series is so fun.
I really need a 1 hr per episode from these series.

P.S. I can't believe there's a character like this here. lmao (if she's older, our MC might like her...)
CrazyButNot4UJan 11, 10:23 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 12, 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
doing business on another world? now that's an isekai anime I've never thought I'd be into. Boy, that escalated so quickly from owning a parrot to being an agent of a secret organization. I checked out this series not expecting anything special but it was surprisingly so fun to watch, really glad it's got a 50 mins long episode. hope it continues to be like this for the rest of episodes.
Jan 12, 1:58 PM
Sep 2018
I just watched the first episode there and just felt meh even tho the animation looked great but within 14 mins it was boring af, also didn’t like the fact there is a young high schooler in the background as if she waits for the ML. Just creepy on that part…
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 22

98 by Jorovie »»
Apr 22, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Feb 9

68 by Jorovie »»
Apr 21, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Feb 2

83 by Jorovie »»
Apr 21, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 9 Discussion

Aversa - Mar 1

47 by Forum »»
Apr 20, 10:45 AM

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Mar 26

27 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 18, 9:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.