Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sasaki and Peeps (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 12, 2:33 PM

Mar 2019
I love Pii-chan ❤
Jan 13, 4:47 AM
Dec 2020
Interesting first episode. I'm always excited to try a story with an older protagonist.
Jan 13, 5:24 AM

Mar 2020
It's sad to say, but if we had 40 min of episode like that for each new anime it would be great, but I imagine it's very complicated because otherwise we'd have them a bit more often.
It's very nice to offer us 48 min so that we can develop the world and the story a little more, so that we can project ourselves more easily and above all not be left behind, especially when the anime is so eagerly awaited! (but as far as I could see, this anime wasn't even that eagerly awaited, and yet I found this episode very enjoyable).
Jan 13, 5:26 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
This series is so fun.
I really need a 1 hr per episode from these series.

P.S. I can't believe there's a character like this here. lmao (if she's older, our MC might like her...)
@astralkill00 Yuno Gasai the return ?! 🤣
Jan 13, 7:22 AM
May 2020
Absurdly convoluted first episode. We get a isekai merchant plot with a two worlds dynamic, a high schooler with a crush on the MC, a secret government organization that manages psychics…

Maybe they’ll stick the landing on all that but it seems unlikely. Karoshi incoming.
Jan 14, 11:02 PM

Oct 2013
pii chan and salariman are super cute!!
Jan 17, 12:01 AM
Dec 2023
A bit cringie but ok. But tbh it started promising but then it turned into another trope of isekai trading. Let`s see how they`ll work with that
Jan 17, 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
That kid creeps me out. What?
Jan 18, 6:50 AM
Sep 2018
It's goddamn wholesome with great twist
Jan 19, 3:56 PM
May 2021
Reply to karrotStick
@Rytakahashi09 Nothing. Love knows no bounds. They marry each other, have a child and live happily ever after in a mansion they bought in the fantasy world without any worry of financial instability. The good end.
@karrotStick is this really what happened next?
Jan 19, 10:19 PM

Nov 2023
Clocking in at almost an hour, a lot of things happened.

Sasaki is the average corporate worker in Japan and one day, he gets a pet bird. Turns out, that bird is named Piercarlo, is from another world, can perfectly talk, and desires chateaubriand.

This then leads to Piercarlo (now Peeps) taking Sasaki to the other world and start trading. In the other world, he makes a lot of money, meets a chef apprentice named French and makes him the manager of a restaurant that he now owns.

More and more trade happens, he meets up with the local nobility and one day, in Sasaki's world, after a farewell party, he meets this lady, who he saved from someone trying to kill her. Turns out, she works for a company that deals with Psychics, people born with a ability. He gets instantly hired, is now a government worker, and now we'll follow his journey.

P.S. There is a high school girl and I don't know what her purpose is right now but she may be a bit of a yandere due to one of the scenes later in the episode so I'm not sure how that will develop.
Jan 20, 1:11 AM

Dec 2018
This is totally fascinating and a nice change of pace
Jan 20, 10:21 AM

Jan 2022
Ummm... I love this so much. Piercarlo, Pi-chan for short. Such a cute premise. What's crazy is that I was going to overlook this anime. Its cool that they made an anime about a 40 yer old considering most anime everyone is like a teen or in their 20s. I liked how he said golden retriever. Peeps definitely came in clutch with the camera. The supervisor gives me bad feelings. And the new girl is already annoying. Poor Sasaki was pressured into joining the new job despite Sasaki wanting to live an easy life. I have a feeling his new job is going to seriously impact his other life. The school girl seems to have a tough life
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 28, 12:18 AM
Oct 2019
Entertaining

Magic, psychics, teleportation between worlds, a multi-world "businessman", talking bird, a secret organization with a sketchy boss, a neighbor girl who may be more than she appears, and an mc who was just a regular office employee with no real life and just trying to make ends meet
Jan 28, 7:03 PM

May 2015
Getting a pet bird sure caused things to go off the rails! From selling things in another world for gold coins to psychic buddy cops, this show really knows how to keep you invested!
Jan 30, 12:20 PM
Nov 2023
Really loved this first episode. The animation could be a little better. Also despite the double lenght there was a little bit of a rushed feeling, just so much going on. That being said there is so much awesome here. Good concept, good sense of story telling, instantly vivid charaters.
Jan 30, 8:37 PM
Dec 2021
OH MY GOD this is seriously the biggest surprise of the winter season! I can't believe how well this show seemingly blends so many different familiar elements all while turning each of them completely on their heads and all within the confines of a beautifully told story with relatable and amazing characters! That first episode was probably the greatest anime premiere i've seen since Oshi No Ko, and excluding ONK, I can't even remember the last time a first episode impressed me as much as this did! Can't wait to follow along on their journey!
Feb 3, 12:09 AM
Apr 2022
I see the anime cover for some weeks ago. But idk it's Isekai power, lmao. So I just start try watch yesterday because no my usual anime update and when watch the episode 1, I love it.

The story kind of mixing many elements but it's work. And with not the teen/young usual MC.

I just wondering why there's many teenager girls.
Feb 3, 2:40 PM

Mar 2010
This is God tier in terms Of seiyuu line up, holy shit and to think there is a hint of romance too! damn this is just such a fun SOL fantasy

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 12, 3:16 AM
Dec 2022
A double episode length for the first episode! This is pretty good for an isekai crossover anime. Having an older MC gives it a refreshing look and twist. So far the characters seem likeable.
Feb 14, 7:17 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to Jozuwa-_-
I ended up having to watch this in about 3-4 splits. Not exactly because it was a 1hr special, but because the first half felt quite boring, whispery, and progressing too fast, so I kept being distracted.
It almost felt like they were rushing stuff and necessary tools just kept dropping in front of the MC. Which I think is exactly what happened and probably as intended, seeing as they teased so many possible surprises and twists by the end, i.e. possible issues on the Isekai World now that the MC is having to procrastinate his Isekai businesses, the young neighbor showing a "red flag", "Psychics" existence, the secret agency, and the suspicious immediate supervisor, which would've had to wait for another episode to be planted if they didn't rush the earlier parts. Not to mention we don't know much about Pii-chan yet.

The mysteries piqued my interest. But I'd remain wary of possible 'twist-bait' as I watch this series, for now. I appreciate good twists and turns, yes. But I'd rather it not be the only driving vehicle of a story.
@Jozuwa-_- this exactly. They rushed a lot of the really important isekai world building. One of the most interesting parts (for me at least) is usually those first few days/weeks/etc when they’re learning how isekai life works… doubly so if they still have access to their original world. How do they navigate money, magic systems, general societal outlook and culture, people, and exploring the new location?

Personally, I feel like they could’ve gotten a whole season of cozy slice of life isekai — navigating his life between both worlds — before even introducing the paranormal organization in his OG world. That initial interaction could have been an end-of-arc finale type of moment hinting at the next core. Granted, I haven’t read the manga or the LN so I have no way of knowing (yet. I might give it a go) if the content also had a rushed feeling to it in other media outlets, but basically TLDR… the 1st episode (despite being 48min) had really wack pacing and made the content feel less substantial than it had the potential to be.

Idk, just my OP
Feb 14, 8:35 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to tealikethedrink
@Jozuwa-_- this exactly. They rushed a lot of the really important isekai world building. One of the most interesting parts (for me at least) is usually those first few days/weeks/etc when they’re learning how isekai life works… doubly so if they still have access to their original world. How do they navigate money, magic systems, general societal outlook and culture, people, and exploring the new location?

Personally, I feel like they could’ve gotten a whole season of cozy slice of life isekai — navigating his life between both worlds — before even introducing the paranormal organization in his OG world. That initial interaction could have been an end-of-arc finale type of moment hinting at the next core. Granted, I haven’t read the manga or the LN so I have no way of knowing (yet. I might give it a go) if the content also had a rushed feeling to it in other media outlets, but basically TLDR… the 1st episode (despite being 48min) had really wack pacing and made the content feel less substantial than it had the potential to be.

Idk, just my OP
@tealikethedrink That would've been a good way to go at it so the other world could've been much more interesting instead of feeling like just another place Sasaki had to go do business on, on a daily basis, which isn't so far off from his real life. But I have a feeling they wanted to introduce the young waifus as soon as possible.

And there's the reason I already dropped this. I'm not so comfortable with the idea that I'm supposed to just casually accept a harem between a middle-aged man (probably around 40s) and teenagers like it's the most normal thing the Anime is doing. His teenage neighbor acting creepily sus was the very reason I was intrigued with this in the first place. But as soon as the rest of them young waifus showed up, I knew it wasn't gonna be that big of a deal anymore.

And that's enough implication for me that I'm gonna end up caring more about the story if I keep watching than the storytellers themselves.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Feb 25, 3:08 PM
Oct 2023
Gave a pretty good introduction to the world. Could have been better, but also a lot worse.
Mar 3, 1:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Not everyday i've heard Yuuki on the male form, but here she become a Piercarlo shortened by Pii. Starsage, java sparrow, chubby starred-belly birb. Hell yeah!

Honestly with the 48-minutes duration for premiere, this feels too compacted. Then those whole lot introduction of side character from both side of the world, already becomes a chore to me. Which side . Not to mention some girl already looking quite sus. But eh? I am interested with this concept, even though i don't quite like the fact that this author kinda have a few screw loose over their head.

Still, imma keep the ride till the end.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 7, 12:22 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
This series is so fun.
I really need a 1 hr per episode from these series.

P.S. I can't believe there's a character like this here. lmao (if she's older, our MC might like her...)
@CrazyButNot4U i was like WTF LOL

yanderer lol
Apr 8, 7:12 PM
Jun 2022
1) Somewhat Watchable .

2) That Young Girl Into Old Man , Creepy.
Apr 15, 3:02 AM

Dec 2020
I like how it's more laid back or perhaps nonchalant or at least that's how sasaki seems to approach everything. There's a lot going on but it is interesting
Apr 17, 9:34 AM
Aug 2023

They don't know how guns work, that middle lever is the slide release. It doesn't work that way at all, they think it's a safety which is on the top right. A very similar premised anime, Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World, also had guns in it...but they not only got the guns right, they even walked through explaining the handling of guns correctly.

Anyways, this anime doesn't seem to care much about getting details right, they said an hour in the isekai world is a minute on Earth, that would mean time should be flying by in the isekai world when the MC is on Earth, but the anime doesn't account for that.

I also kind of don't like where they're going with the secret govt organization, seems like things are going to get overly complex with too many storylines at once.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 22

98 by Jorovie »»
Apr 22, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Feb 9

68 by Jorovie »»
Apr 21, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Feb 2

83 by Jorovie »»
Apr 21, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 9 Discussion

Aversa - Mar 1

47 by Forum »»
Apr 20, 10:45 AM

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Mar 26

27 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 18, 9:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.