Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2023 2:04 PM

Oct 2018
I want to watch mahou shoujo anime with no male or if there's male. I want the male have lesser roles like the father of the MC for example. If there's romance, I want the characters to have the same age and no disgusting age gap.
AdityaRizkiSMar 21, 3:17 PM
Dec 24, 2023 3:51 PM

Aug 2022
Magical girl shows with no men, eh... that's an interesting request! :D Unfortunately, none of the ones I've watched have absolutely no male characters, but I definitely have seen a few where they're only in lesser and decidedly non-romantic roles.

-Demon Girl Next Door - there are a few male characters, with the most major one being the narrator, but A: none are in romantic roles; B: none act as magical boys; and C: the focus is very much on the two main characters, both of whom are female. Only real romantic bits is some mild subtext between Momo and Shamiko, who are the same age.

-Urahara: extremely small set of characters, the absolute vast majority of whom are female. The only male character is the local animal companion (who's a talking fried shrimp). No romance whatsoever; it's genuinely the most aromantic show I've seen.

-Hina Logic: a weird one, since it's a spin-off of the male-lead Luck and Logic, but Hina is almost entirely female. Only recurring male character is the protagonist's father. Romance is between characters of the same age.

-Figure 17: this one's a massive genre pileup, with "magical girl" being only one of its various styles. Only two real male characters, and both take a backseat to the female protagonists. One could be considered a magical boy, though, and I don't know if you're trying to avoid that in particular. Hinted romance between children of the same age.

-Alien 9: well, it's borderline magical girl genre, so it may or may not be what you want. Very few male characters, with male humans being only in minor antagonistic roles or acting as background extras. The alien animal companions have masculine voices. No romance.

-You've already seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but it's good to mention for completeness' sake. Very, very few male characters, no magical boys, and no age gap romances.

Again, all of these do have men or some sort of equivalent, but I tried to keep them all to non-focal characters (or, if focal, distinctly non-human). I hope this helps. :3
CatgirlFrostmoonDec 24, 2023 3:55 PM
Dec 24, 2023 4:28 PM

Oct 2018
Reply to CatgirlFrostmoon
Magical girl shows with no men, eh... that's an interesting request! :D Unfortunately, none of the ones I've watched have absolutely no male characters, but I definitely have seen a few where they're only in lesser and decidedly non-romantic roles.

-Demon Girl Next Door - there are a few male characters, with the most major one being the narrator, but A: none are in romantic roles; B: none act as magical boys; and C: the focus is very much on the two main characters, both of whom are female. Only real romantic bits is some mild subtext between Momo and Shamiko, who are the same age.

-Urahara: extremely small set of characters, the absolute vast majority of whom are female. The only male character is the local animal companion (who's a talking fried shrimp). No romance whatsoever; it's genuinely the most aromantic show I've seen.

-Hina Logic: a weird one, since it's a spin-off of the male-lead Luck and Logic, but Hina is almost entirely female. Only recurring male character is the protagonist's father. Romance is between characters of the same age.

-Figure 17: this one's a massive genre pileup, with "magical girl" being only one of its various styles. Only two real male characters, and both take a backseat to the female protagonists. One could be considered a magical boy, though, and I don't know if you're trying to avoid that in particular. Hinted romance between children of the same age.

-Alien 9: well, it's borderline magical girl genre, so it may or may not be what you want. Very few male characters, with male humans being only in minor antagonistic roles or acting as background extras. The alien animal companions have masculine voices. No romance.

-You've already seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but it's good to mention for completeness' sake. Very, very few male characters, no magical boys, and no age gap romances.

Again, all of these do have men or some sort of equivalent, but I tried to keep them all to non-focal characters (or, if focal, distinctly non-human). I hope this helps. :3
@CatgirlFrostmoon thank you for the reply, Maybe I'll watch everything you mentioned.
Dec 25, 2023 6:41 AM

Sep 2016
Flip Flappers seems to fit in well with your description, aside from that there's also Revolutionary Girl Utena which might not fit that well, but it still is a flagship Anime of the Magical Girl genre.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Dec 26, 2023 6:31 PM

May 2012
I might have missed it, but I didn't see this on your list. A beautiful work by Studio 4°C. It's based loosely on Alice in Wonderland. Arusu ("Alice") falls into a magical world and discovers that not everyone uses magic for the greater good.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/872/Mahou_Shoujo-tai_Arusu

Jan 2, 3:50 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
AdityaRizkiS said:
I want to watch mahou shoujo anime with no male or if there's male. I want to watch mahou shoujo with no disgusting age gap and If there's romance, I want to watch something of the same age as the MC.
Have you heard of Saint Tail? It's a very unique and family-friendly magical girl anime ☆

Jan 2, 7:06 PM

Oct 2018
Seconding Saint Tail and Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero
Magic Knight Rayearth I & II, another pretty good 90's Magical girl anime (the OVA is worth a watch as well if you end up liking MKR.)
Fleeting_DreamJan 2, 7:14 PM
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Jan 3, 9:00 AM

May 2012
Would be nice to see a response from the OP.
Mar 21, 3:08 PM

Oct 2018
Reply to SeijiSensei
Would be nice to see a response from the OP.
@SeijiSensei What kind of response do you want to see?

Sorry if I reply this now after so long.
I don't know what's the meaning of "OP" before.
AdityaRizkiSMar 21, 3:24 PM
Mar 27, 4:11 PM
Mar 2024
Pretty sure the Jewelpet series of anime counts as magical girl anime, right? It's a rather fun series that I strongly recommend watching!

More topics from this board

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
2 hours ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 7 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 7 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
3 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
5 hours ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

48 by xthewarwithinx »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.