Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2023 3:04 PM

Dec 2013
In my country, successful rich young guys 20 - 35 y.o. with many instagram followers (500k+ to 10M followers) tend to know each other and hang out in clubs with each other, photo together, and post them in Instagram, to show they are in the same exclusive circle, the super successful young guys circle.

Is this also happening everywhere?
What is your thoughts on this?

Nov 11, 2023 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
I say it's common for "social media culture" in general and is not exclusive to a certain country or countries. Famous folks hang out with each other to boost their popularity even higher, or make their friends popular by promoting them. By that, you can indeed have a feeling there's an exclusive circle or several elite circles of local social media creators, who are among the most popular creators in a certain country. And usually, it's actually the case - such groups existed, exist and will exist. That's how social psychology works like.

On a side note, I noticed that creators that are popular on the international level tend to focus more on their own stuff, rather than trying desperately to exchange popularity points with other social media stars. Not that I'm an expert. I don't track that stuff, so my loose observation might be actually flawed.
Nov 11, 2023 3:35 PM

Oct 2023
I'd guess it's a global thing, definitely in my country this happens and not just with rich people. Most people would rather put up their proud moments than their mundane ones naturally but this does create a very airbrushed environment. Some people enjoy it as it is but it's not for me and if you don't enjoy it take a break whenever you can, it's refreshing c:

Hopefully in 20 years time we all have a healthier relationship with social media, more genuine interaction and less of the materialistic stuff. My Dad has often told me how his generation never worried about what their neighbours had or were doing and it sounds a lot more peaceful.
Nov 12, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2015
Idk, I don't follow or have an instagram, I know personally a girl from my home town who has 500k+ followers and never heard of anything like that, especially that form time to time when she was in Poland [as I've heard she moved out] I used to see her just hangin out for parties with people of my town, after all I've been to the same parties many times.
Nov 12, 2023 5:15 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I don't know if that's really a "phenomena", but rather like minded people networking with one another.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Nov 12, 2023 6:34 PM

Oct 2023
Maybe it's just in the Asian countries.

Personally only follow a very few specific artists (with similar to-me vibes on how they draw), and some Metal bands, but none of them exceed more than a few thousand.

Hell, even mighty Fenriz (Darkthrone) only has something like 200k followers, and they created more awesomeness than all those pointless pedo-trans-TikTokers with their 500k+ to 10M followers combined.

Nov 12, 2023 6:41 PM

Sep 2018
High value males usually hang out with other high value guys. They gatekeep ugly guys away so the women are not afraid to party with them.
Nov 12, 2023 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to rohan121
High value males usually hang out with other high value guys. They gatekeep ugly guys away so the women are not afraid to party with them.
@rohan121 Maybe you were the high value male all along.
Nov 13, 2023 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
Rich people brag with their money since centuries, what else is new.
Nov 13, 2023 9:08 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
That's called networking lol. It's bragging it's marketing and networking working.
Nov 13, 2023 11:39 PM

Feb 2018
Honestly i am not that active on social media but it probably does. Btw i gotta say that there is this other phenomina too. Where these "rich" kids are actually just renting out stuff for short periods and posting on social media for fame and sponsors. Such scams are definitly rampant. 90% of times it's that. Generally speaking, frankly every actual rich person i have met are either extremly busy people or really nice, out of touch naive people. The cartoonish spoilt rich guys types are teens with parents money or scammers most of the time.

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Nov 14, 2023 1:13 AM
Jul 2021
Those wanna be are nouveau riche and they are despised and are object of ridicule by the real rich people. And they also should be the object of ridicule for ordinary folks.

Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

682 by Hitagi__Furude »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

69 by DoctorWasabi »»
18 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

47 by Zhenro »»
1 hour ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

76 by DreamWindow »»
2 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

32 by Strahan »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.