Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 »
Jan 19, 4:16 AM
Nov 2015
Cringe ending 🤮🤮🤮
Jan 20, 10:10 PM
Jul 2022
bad bad bad bad bad bad bad
Jan 22, 12:50 PM

Apr 2021
bro, I'm speechless... That was incredible, especially that ending, I was moved.

I liked the very well done designs and landscapes, the soundtracks are great, matching the actions. 10/10.
Jan 24, 12:37 PM
Jan 2024
masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece
Jan 25, 10:48 PM
Jul 2020
oh my god. the part where they held each other in the blood made me want to die
Jan 26, 12:20 PM
Aug 2021
Best anime ever created
Jan 26, 3:49 PM
Apr 2023
its aot so its amazing!
Jan 27, 9:09 AM
May 2022
After Attack on Titan, I wonder if I'll ever witness an anime that can rival it in my lifetime.
Jan 28, 3:31 AM

Jul 2014
Were there any major changes between this and the manga's ending? Because I very distinctly remember the entire internet shitting on it a couple of years back but people have mostly received the anime's ending fairly well. And I couldn't see anything egregiously terrible about it myself, despite finding certain aspects of it underwhelming. While I thought it was a powerful sendoff in many respects that very nicely tied into the central themes, it also felt a bit too safe and derivative. Eren's plan to achieve peace was startlingly similar to Lelouch's in Code Geass and Veidt's in Watchmen.
Take care of yourself

Jan 30, 4:09 AM
Aug 2022
The dub version added more context, which I could not understand in the sub.
Truly it will remain a masterpiece, no matter what these brain dead haters think about the ending.
Jan 30, 5:09 AM
May 2019
Best ending I could have wished for.
Jan 30, 3:01 PM
Mar 2023
Imperfect, but SO MEANINGFUL. The ending ties everything together as a MEANINGFUL, BEAUTIFULLY LONG MESSAGE.
Feb 1, 7:55 AM
Dec 2022
Not that much satisfactory..but still a masterpiece
Feb 1, 7:33 PM
Jan 2020
I cried like a baby
Feb 1, 11:20 PM
Mar 2023
end credits were perfect.
Feb 3, 8:16 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to LoveLikeBlood
Were there any major changes between this and the manga's ending? Because I very distinctly remember the entire internet shitting on it a couple of years back but people have mostly received the anime's ending fairly well. And I couldn't see anything egregiously terrible about it myself, despite finding certain aspects of it underwhelming. While I thought it was a powerful sendoff in many respects that very nicely tied into the central themes, it also felt a bit too safe and derivative. Eren's plan to achieve peace was startlingly similar to Lelouch's in Code Geass and Veidt's in Watchmen.
@LoveLikeBlood

Isayama is a fan of watchmen, so that's definitely where the inspiration comes from. I haven't watch Watchmen but I have read up interviews of Isayama mentioning that series way back in 2014.
Feb 3, 4:25 PM
Jan 2018
Pretty boring and tedious sequence of events. The introduction of the outer world promised something new, but was just the same old. Author had better stayed with S1 mystery, ending it in a The Myst way like he initially wanted to. As I am seeing it he was too low IQ to bring the threads together. Instead of researching history and philosophy to synthesize something new and exciting, he just copied mainstream shows he liked when he got stuck. I get it, it's easy to say this for me, isn't it? But then again, it was his choice to bite off more than he could chew. Disappointing.
Feb 4, 4:21 PM

Apr 2021
Watching this as I keep up to date about Palestine and irl events

just finished and i can’t wrap my head around how somebody could fail to appreciate the masterpiece that this ending is and that this show was.
Feb 9, 4:58 AM
Aug 2023
amazing, but didn't get the emotion as expected, maybe read the manga before, but hands down.... the best anime ever made in the human history has come to an end.
Feb 9, 5:20 AM
Feb 2021
Quite half assed ending. Most of the shows have same problem, they don't have stomach to deliver a sad ending so they try to mix hope and fairy dust to make it light. Beautifully executed sad endings are a sight to behold and this is not it. Also gabi still living is the biggest L i have seen.
Feb 11, 1:11 AM
Sep 2023
Fuck dude this was, fuck dude
Feb 13, 11:19 PM

Nov 2019
Even after knowing what happens watching the finale gives off a more satisfying feeling the manga failed to do especially in regards to the closure. The tree being the focal point to conclude the series was a nice touch and the characters setting off to resume their lives without titans just hit different. Mikasa's scarf gifted from Eren and even the memories from under the tree tie the story together. What a way to end the series, the ending scene that peeked way into the future was an interesting way to go out. The lands around the tree in paradis showed that they ended up creating that titan free world but it still met demise.
Feb 13, 11:56 PM

Jun 2017
Connie was right. They just got lucky because Falco was able to fly but without him, they would all have been dead by then. There's only one solution to this and that's to kill Eren once and for all. I just hope Mikasa will be able to confess her true feelings for him before they manage to eliminate him.

Ugh...it pains me to see that Levi couldn't fight in full action! And to think this is the last season.

Ymir's feelings for King Fritz were a surprise to me, but makes a lot of sense why she still went back to him after managing to save herself. I still don't understand why is that though. Perhaps because all her life, she was a slave, and she was envious the moment she saw King Fritz showing affection to his wife. Ymir probably wanted it too.

Mikasa kissing Eren's head reminded me of "School Days." I wonder what Ymir thought of that when she saw that scene.

I've been reading people's take on the ending and it seems to me that most of them didn't want Mikasa to move forward, meet a man, and marry him. As for me, I'm fine with that. I don't want her to live her life in despair. It's worse than death. Also, it helps the Ackerman bloodline to live on.

8/10

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Feb 14, 7:12 AM

Nov 2019
This surreal feeling makes me question existence. How I wish it would last.

The set piece for where this whole battle took place was sweet. Titans fighting on top of a Titan. Eren had his minions in the unexpected battle. I thought it would have been them versus the ground Titans with a glimpse to catch Eren off guard. Seeing the past inheritors of the Titans was awesome. The back-and-forth transformations. The rebellion within the former Titans to find free will.

I was expecting the talk no jutsu, but doubit it would ever work. Still thinking if there could have been another way. The melodramatic scenes afterwards too with Armin and Mikasa. I mean regardless of the outcome war never changed. Politics and power will corrupt, will cause hostility. In a way Eren got what he wanted and at the same time didn't. He made the ultimate sacrifice and sacrificed others. A walking duality/ dichotomy of a man. I understand why he would be Protagonist and Antagonist of the year.

It had to be Mikasa to close the deal.

I hate the last episode of Animes knowing there's nothing left. Only another anime can dull the feeling.
Thank you for this story Isayama. The metaphors live on for life. A masterpiece
Feb 15, 9:10 AM
May 2020
I just think it wasn't as great as it was hyped to be. The ending could have given us more, but I'm still rather left wondering about the character's fates.
Feb 16, 4:51 AM
Oct 2021
I would have died if red swan started playing at the end.
Feb 16, 10:20 PM
Oct 2022
emotional just emotional
Feb 22, 8:33 PM
Feb 2019
very good art and animation.
Feb 25, 4:57 AM
Apr 2023
crazy ending for real
Feb 27, 12:22 AM
Jun 2017
there is not another anime like this one. This was a good watch. Goodbye attack on titan.
Feb 28, 2:39 PM

Jun 2020
Miles better than the manga but I lowkey still hated it 😭
Mar 3, 9:01 AM
Aug 2023
Best ending to a series, the first time i felt normal after ending a series, i didnt feel like something was missing and i felt complete and relieved
Mar 4, 11:30 PM
Mar 2022
best ending in any anime, and the best depiction of humans and their emotions , their conflicts, a lot of moral, a lot of cry,.....
Mar 6, 5:51 PM
Nov 2020
Best ending possible, 100%...
Mar 7, 8:08 AM
Jan 2021
Incredible ending, personally it really hurt my chest, lots of emotions
Mar 7, 1:52 PM
Nov 2018
Großartiges Werk! Ich war vom Ende mehr als begeistert, da es so unvorhersehbar war.
Mar 14, 10:36 PM

Jun 2020
The worst thing ever created
Mar 16, 2:52 PM
May 2022
author cooked so hard that i stopped feeling emotions.
Mar 18, 4:41 PM
Jan 2021
Just watched Episode 2 of Shingeki no Kyojin's final season, and wow, it's really becoming amazing. MAPPA did an incredible job with the animation again; every scene is just amazing. The episode mixed exciting fights with deep moments that make you think. It's interesting to see how all the characters' stories are getting more complex. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they finish this story. And without spoiling anything, this episode really makes you excited for what's next. What did you guys think?
Mar 21, 6:29 AM
Nov 2021
this episode final
Mar 23, 5:44 AM
Jun 2023
Interesting although not thrilled as the time dimension mentioned in this episode was confusing (between Eren's dreams, the real word and the alternate dimension with Armin explaining his theories).
Graphics/animation were the best part.
Mar 25, 9:55 PM
Jul 2023
This is the best piece of media I’ve ever consumed. I’ve watched over 200 anime, this is by far the best. Thank you, attack on Titan.
- Surprised to see Zeke die instantly like that, but not really at the same time, given Levi’s goal
- I find the fact that the Founding Titan can just summon as many past Titan users it wants so cool. Obviously they aren’t full power because they’re just shells of the real thing but it’s still sick.
- Wow, Jean was the one to stop it?
- Love to see some good Pieck stuff!
- That scene…. With Eren and Armin in the paths…. It’s a masterpiece, I cried
- The one who freed Ymir was… Mikasa! That explains the headaches, it’s Ymir looking through her
- What an ending. ESPECIALLY THE END CREDITS, HOLY CRAP. The end credits are 10/10. The fact that they fought this hard, just for a new tree to grow on Eren…. It all just happens over and over, there’s nothing we can do…
- The background too! Very political. Society developed, there was a 9/11 attack, and then the place was Nuked. Only for someone to walk into the tree again, and reset the cycle. Absolutely beautiful. (Just like Ymir in her adult form 😉)
Mar 27, 3:42 AM
Jan 2022
Phenomenal! The perfect end to a perfect show!
Mar 30, 9:23 PM
Jun 2020
Absolutely horrendous end to the story.
Disgusting incest plot shoved into viewers out of no where
Mar 31, 12:28 PM
Mar 2018
absolutely phenomenal
Mar 31, 2:48 PM

Jan 2020
The writing here was terrible, and Eren should have won and/or have an actual motive behind his action, still emotional tho.

Amazing series up to the rumbling then it went to shit. Well still, gonna miss this show.
Apr 1, 10:58 AM

Oct 2018
I have no words. This is insanity. Just wow. I hate it but at the same time I enjoyed it. I still hate the creator for making Eren kill 80 % of humanity. Can someone explain why Eren suddenly had to do this and why he wanted it so badly?

Apr 2, 11:18 AM
May 2021
delivered the ending as best as possible
Apr 2, 8:50 PM
Mar 2024
one of the best endings oat
Apr 3, 11:48 AM
Oct 2022
Bis
Bis
BIs
BIS
ITS BIS
Pages (30) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1047 by cooldogmom »»
4 hours ago

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Akuya »»
Yesterday, 7:19 AM

» ending (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 )

leyaf - Apr 2

101 by eslam722 »»
Apr 15, 6:02 AM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.