Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2023 6:11 PM

Dec 2013
My PS4 broken, the disc keep ejecting on its own.
So I was wondering, is it worth it to buy PS5 now, or should I fix/repair my PS4 instead?

Oct 25, 2023 6:44 PM

Aug 2012
PS5 can't play PS4 disc. Get PS5 sell all ur PS4 games buy them back digitally.
Oct 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Mar 2008
Does the disc load up or not before it is ejected? If it doesnt try cleaning off the laser with some canned air or insert a cleaning disc which is something with bristles on it. If you used canned air be sure not to point it downward or liquid will shoot out.
Oct 26, 2023 1:52 AM

Jan 2021
I own a ps5 and I can say that it's significantly better than a ps4. It can play ps4 discs as well so you won't need to sell them. It looks good and it works smoothly. Also the controllers are a big upgrade which will be noticeable.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 26, 2023 2:12 AM

Dec 2013
Reply to FZREMAKE
I own a ps5 and I can say that it's significantly better than a ps4. It can play ps4 discs as well so you won't need to sell them. It looks good and it works smoothly. Also the controllers are a big upgrade which will be noticeable.
@FZREMAKE I can see a big difference from PS1 to PS2, and PS2 to PS3, not so much from PS3 to PS4, and from the youtube, not so much as well from PS4 to PS5. This is graphic detail wise. What make me interested in PS5 is actually KH4, that soon will be realesed in PS5 not PS4. I may be wrong though

Oct 26, 2023 2:33 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to philtecturophy
@FZREMAKE I can see a big difference from PS1 to PS2, and PS2 to PS3, not so much from PS3 to PS4, and from the youtube, not so much as well from PS4 to PS5. This is graphic detail wise. What make me interested in PS5 is actually KH4, that soon will be realesed in PS5 not PS4. I may be wrong though
@philtecturophy Well most discs of ps4 can run on ps5 so that wont be a big issue. Graphically and power wise, ps5 is definitely a big step ahead. I never owned a ps4 but I used to play it with my cousins and it used to have a lot of issues like sometimes lagging or crashing. Also, the graphics look far more detailed, brighter and crispier on PS5 (in case you have a good TV as well). Youtube wont show all the 4k details of the PS5. I have played same games on PS4 and PS5 and the PS5 version definitely looks better and its noticeable.
Also, the dual sense are far better than dual shock 4. Its actually one of the coolest things that you get from a PS5 and PS5 games. Not going in full detail of every single mechanic but lets take the example of FIFA 23. When the stamina of a person decreases, the R2 button becomes hard to press as well so that you can feel that its hard for the player to sprint. Its actually a pretty big upgrade for people who are used to dual shock. They can be a big deciding factor.
There will be plenty of new games as well that will work only on PS5 or even if they get released on PS4, I dont think they would play as good on it.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Jul 2010
Reply to Order-Sol
PS5 can't play PS4 disc. Get PS5 sell all ur PS4 games buy them back digitally.
@Order-Sol
How is that possible? Google says different. xD Also official PlayStation site.

If it's an easy fix and you've someone to fix it for a reasonable price I'm suggesting sticking with PS4.
Vampire_LordOct 26, 2023 12:06 PM
Oct 26, 2023 11:56 AM

Jul 2021
Do you want to play PS5 games, and/or play games on both with better graphics?
Oct 26, 2023 3:59 PM

Sep 2017
Had it been me I'd have just fixed the PS4. I already made a mistake once selling my Xbox 360 and buying the PS4, not gonna repeat it again.
خ
Oct 26, 2023 5:18 PM

Aug 2012
Reply to Vampire_Lord
@Order-Sol
How is that possible? Google says different. xD Also official PlayStation site.

If it's an easy fix and you've someone to fix it for a reasonable price I'm suggesting sticking with PS4.
@Vampire_Lord certain ones can't play. I unfortunately have physical games that can't lol
Oct 26, 2023 11:44 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to JaniSIr
Do you want to play PS5 games, and/or play games on both with better graphics?
@JaniSIr its difficult to say. I generally ofc want better graphics, but not sure how much improvement PS4 to PS5 graphics. Also I target an exclusive PS5 such as FF16 and the upcoming KH4. But KH4 still long time to release, about end of 2024 or early 2025 maybe. Also there are very few exclusive PS5 games that I am interested in so far

Oct 27, 2023 3:04 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to philtecturophy
@JaniSIr its difficult to say. I generally ofc want better graphics, but not sure how much improvement PS4 to PS5 graphics. Also I target an exclusive PS5 such as FF16 and the upcoming KH4. But KH4 still long time to release, about end of 2024 or early 2025 maybe. Also there are very few exclusive PS5 games that I am interested in so far
@philtecturophy PS5 is way faster than PS4, but there is a sort of diminishing return with graphics, so like the jump from PS1 to ps2 wasn't that big because technology improved way faster, but because PS1 is just really bad.
From PS5 I'd expect to generally have much higher resolution rendering, and better frame rates, with like the settings turned up a bit. Though don't actually own either of those consoles, and if you don't have a 4k display, then you totally don't care for the higher resolution.
Ray tracing is the next big paradigm shift, but that didn't fully grow out of its teething problems.
Oct 27, 2023 5:59 AM
Jul 2018
If repair doesn't cost much, I would repair PS4.
Caring for your items is nice. It will be able to serve you for more. Also if there is such a need arises, you can sell it. Also if you buy games on discs, you can play them, when nostalgia strikes you.

For example, I had broken notebook, but it has working DVD/BD reader. I could buy external DVD/BD reader, but I decided to repair notebook. Repair cost less than new portable DVD/BD reader. Now I have another notebook, which I can use in emergency and which can play DVD/BD too.
Similar with my PSP. It broke once and I could buy new pad/tablet instead, but I decided to repair it. Now I can still play games on it, which I can't play on pad/tablet.

So if you able to repair PS4 and repair is not expensive, I would say go for it. Caring is nice. Later, if such need arises, you can sell it and use these money with some more to buy PS5.
Oct 27, 2023 6:52 PM

Aug 2021
get a Ps5 more worth it just sell your stuff ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

22 by _Nette_ »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

54 by traed »»
56 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

27 by cody »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

24 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

70 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.