Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 22, 2023 3:37 PM
Jan 2023
This episode was phenomenal. I am flabbergasted to how we arrived here, like what the fuck. Episode 1 was a 5/10, episode 2 was a 2/10, and now episode 3???? A literal 10/10. Just as emotionally captivating as FMAB episode 4, which is going to be an incredibly controversial take but holy shit this one’s good.
The episode follows our main character, Rentarou and the primary girlfriend of the episode, Shizuka.
Shizuka is a short, quiet librarian who has extreme social anxiety when it comes to communicating. Her fix for this is that she carries around a book that she’s memorized, flipping to the page and line for those communicating with her to read.
Rentarou in the previous episodes was always incredibly passionate about those who he’s romantically involved with, but this time he brings it to a whole new level.
He spends all his of his free time for days to the point he’s sleep deprived, manually typing this girl’s book into an app, so she can simply tap the line she wants to say and it’ll text-to-speech it for her. It really shows what kind of person Rentarou is. He said that he would never push her to speak verbally to him, as he knows how hard it must be for her to talk to people. This is in direct contrast to Shizuka’s past, as her mother was very verbally abusive towards her. She had no friends because she was called the weird girl. Rentarou goes out of his way to not only accept this, but improve her way of communication substantially, and I find that beautiful.
The comparison to the fantasy world (in the book Shizuka speaks out of) was wonderfully done too. It was quite a simple story, but that’s all it needed to be. I especially appreciate how when Shizuka points to a passage out of her book, it isn’t a perfect translation to what she wants to say, which is much more realistic. It shows the studio/manga taking the extra step to add an additional level of quality.
I wasn’t looking forward to the end of the episode, because I had a bad feeling that Shizuka would be introduced to Rentarou’s other girlfriends and it would be really cringe. I was really surprised. Hakari’s initial reaction is being overwhelmed by appreciation for Renrarou, as he had found another girl to love like the others, this was a wild reaction lol. Karane (tsundere) is initially very upset, and we get this crazy animation frame of her yelling. Rentarou says that if he ever loves Hakari and Karane less because of another girlfriend, that he will literally kill himself. He even ordered a knife off of amazon lol.
Speaking of which, this episode is really funny. It has less jokes than the first 2 episodes, but these ones are much better. The first 2 episodes weren’t overly funny in the first place.
The animation is on par with the first 2 episodes, that being really good.
Before I finish here, let me mention that having more than one girlfriend is very odd, and personally I think it’s really gross. In shows like this, it appeals as a male fantasy and doesn’t portray women realistically, which can be detrimental to a teenager’s perspective on women. I do not condone this. That said, this critical flaw is is unavoidable, and to watch this show you must look past it. Personally I can overlook this. Or at least I’m trying, the first 2 episodes were quite hard to watch at times. Unlike the Oshi no Ko insest and pedo parts, which were direct choices made and make the flaws a much worse show.
I’m excited to see where the show goes, considering the huge differences in score I’m giving each episode. Episode 3 will most likely be the best episode, and I’m praying that episode 2 was the worst. No one is going to read this review, like literally no one fucking cares lol
Oct 22, 2023 3:37 PM

Nov 2013
Shizuka so adorable. "Must protec at all costs" type of girl. Didn't expect to see her getting abused by mom and classmates... *rage face*
Surprised that the blondie is the only one to make sense lol. Rotting brains :D
Will she have a heart attack after 4th and 5th gf? :D Guess she'll just give up.

Oct 22, 2023 4:16 PM

May 2015
Shizuka is way too adorable! She definitely doesn't deserve that ruthless treatment from her peers and mom simply because she's shy! I'm glad Rentaro is such a great soulmate and was able to help her even slightly.
Oct 22, 2023 4:17 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
not as many gags this time. mostly it was sad. but we now 3% done
Oct 22, 2023 4:23 PM

Jun 2019
Boring girl. Reminds me of Shiori from The World God Only Knows except Shiori is better.
Oct 22, 2023 4:28 PM
Sep 2016
It's crazy how this anime is getting the attention it deserves!
Oct 22, 2023 5:19 PM
Jan 2022
great episode. been wondering how they will handle shizuka phone voice because the manga said rentaro recorded his own voice for it (i may remember it wrong)
Oct 22, 2023 5:31 PM

Sep 2018
It's unironically refreshing to see a harem anime where the main character isn't afraid or hesitant to act on his desire at all – if all lovegons were resolved with polyamory, maybe I wouldn't have so much beef with the romance genre, lmao.

Rentaro is shamelessly collecting new girls left and right, but he still manages to stay likeable due to the lengths he's willing to go for all of his love interests and the fact that he communicates his genuine emotions regularly. The show even acknowledges the absurdity of the situation through Karane's character yet simultaneously manages to make it feel like bringing new girlfriends into a relationship is an acceptable, everyday occurrence... This show is actually way more well-written and wholesome than I ever expected, haha.

Speaking of Rentaro's determination, the fact that he copied the entire book for Shizuka manually was so sweet! And even sweeter was seeing her be moved by the gesture after her backstory had been revealed... (⁠〒⁠﹏⁠〒⁠) Cheap formula, but it hits.
Oct 22, 2023 5:46 PM
Mar 2018
After the second episode was mostly gags that didn't necessarily land for me (not helped by the creative liberties taken in the localisation), I was surprised how good this one was. Wholesome and moving, but still funny.

Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said. 10/10 episode.
Oct 22, 2023 6:32 PM

Oct 2020
Perfection. I love the extra scenes taking place in Circlet Love Story and those scenes not only fill out extra time but also elevates Shizuka and Rentaro’s growing relationship. A really well done episode.
Oct 22, 2023 6:42 PM

Nov 2021
This episode was so well done man it made me cry ngl
Oct 22, 2023 6:43 PM
Jan 2023
esse ep foi muito fofo, gostei muito da shizuka, que é provávelmente minha favorita junto da hakari.
Oct 22, 2023 6:58 PM
Aug 2022
They really nail the blushing in this anime. It stands out a lot compared to other romance anime’s.

I’m curious to see how he goes about handling the next few girls and how the author managed to keep such a stupid plot together.

Rentaro has managed to get 3 girlfriends before most romance mc’s even realise they have feelings for the female mc.

Shizuka might be my favourite so far. She feels the most real and relatable so far.

This show is so stupid I love it.
Oct 22, 2023 7:14 PM

Oct 2010
Shizuka is so sweet and cute!!! She is definitely my favorite so far!
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Oct 22, 2023 7:31 PM

Sep 2021
Not quite as explosive and funny as the first two episodes, but really sweet! Shizura is so cute, I just want to hug her and tell her everything will be alright xD

I fear between Thirsty & Tsundere, I fear the worst for her is yet to come. Love isn't all cute & corny as in her favorite book. But Rentaro will certainly help her out. Unless another Soulmate appears...
Oct 22, 2023 7:32 PM
Jan 2021
Literally PEAK

This adapts the manga in the best way imaginable
Oct 22, 2023 8:06 PM

Apr 2023
BRILLIANT.
Shizuka is just soooooo cute...
But wait Rentarou, don't you know how to OCR?
Oct 22, 2023 8:20 PM
Nov 2022
It gets better with each episode, I love this shit, it's just what I needed.

Shizuka's declaration of love was very beautiful, I hope the rest follow the same style.
Oct 22, 2023 8:28 PM
Oct 2020
Fuck.., man, this is so setimental, my heart can't hold this
Oct 22, 2023 8:40 PM

Sep 2018
This will be my dropping point. I was trying not to fast forward at all points. I guess one thing that ruined the episode for me is how often I see the quiet type character in anime. She has the sense of humor of a dried squid, and had no spine at all. Even TWGoK chic knows when to talk back. I usually like harems, but not ones where the fem Cs can't do anything outside worshipping the mc as a god. This episode lacked comedy I watched it for, and I could never respect this as a romance. Lol
Oct 22, 2023 9:01 PM

Jul 2016
First loli gf is here and she's sooo cute! It's like seeing Nanako (Senryuu Shoujo) or Komi but shy, loli and with a shitty middle-school life. Definitely must protect!!

Great introductory episode. I'm honestly impressed that a show with such dumb premise can mix comedy, seriousness and heartfelt moments so well.
Oct 22, 2023 9:26 PM
Oct 2022
awwww que tierno que tenga su forma de hablar :)
Oct 22, 2023 10:41 PM

Feb 2016
Shizuka is so damn cute ❤️

Is this dude really gonna marry 100 girls at the end? Bro could do it's own country that way lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Oct 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Jul 2021
must protecc has been turned on and at max settings after witnessing what shizuka is.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 22, 2023 11:52 PM
Mar 2020
The BGM placement feels like Kaminomi, Chihayafuru & Amagami (And the BGM is also good) and honestly, that BGM placement is the reason why I teared up.
Oct 23, 2023 1:44 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to rohan121
This will be my dropping point. I was trying not to fast forward at all points. I guess one thing that ruined the episode for me is how often I see the quiet type character in anime. She has the sense of humor of a dried squid, and had no spine at all. Even TWGoK chic knows when to talk back. I usually like harems, but not ones where the fem Cs can't do anything outside worshipping the mc as a god. This episode lacked comedy I watched it for, and I could never respect this as a romance. Lol
@rohan121 most of the manga is comedy and the anime as well. there will be only very few serious moments at least 3 episodes shizuka intro is the only one with sireous tone
Oct 23, 2023 3:34 AM
Mar 2019
This anime is adorable. As it continues, it becomes more, and more endearing. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 23, 2023 4:28 AM
Sep 2023
wasnt impressed with anime ep 2, but i gotta admit its pretty good with the 3/100. writing all that text was justified love not some random harem like the previous 2.
i guess adding 100 girls is pretty new idea. i hope they keep it up.
Oct 23, 2023 4:31 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to rohan121
@rohan121 i dont think you should drop anime bc of 1 quiet character. and i hate quiet ones btw have dropped every single one of them so far. i can tell she is not the main. komi san was disgusting it got 8 out of 10.
Oct 23, 2023 4:41 AM

Jan 2022
Normal people: Introducing girlfriend to their parents hoping they will approve.

Chadtarou: Introducing new girlfriend to his girlfriends hoping they will approve.
Oct 23, 2023 5:22 AM

Mar 2008
Wow second comedy show this season to hit me in the feels unexpectedly, I legitimately teared up with Shizuka with that confession scene with Rentarou....also have to add ugh her mom (?) is terrible. I wanna hug Shizuka
Oct 23, 2023 5:41 AM
May 2021
BRO ALREADY HAVE 3 GIRLFRIENDS IN 3 EP
Oct 23, 2023 5:54 AM
Jul 2021
I won’t lie I had a laugh at this show not using a cgi dragon after the last few seasonals I’ve watched, besides Frieren, use CGI. Props to 100 kanojo
Oct 23, 2023 6:30 AM
Jun 2022
only 97 eps to go.. oh i mean gfs :)
Oct 23, 2023 6:35 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
Must be one of a kind thing to converse with someone who does the same with you.. with the help of a book??? Lol, but yeah this was exactly what happened when Shizuka got on screen, felt the soulmate shock and happened to make eye contact with Rentarou. Though I loved how she introduced herself as the guardian who governs this place.. the place being the library lol. Anyways, being the walking attraction our man is, it didn't take long until he started exchanging books and day to day talks with her.

Now as it might have been expected, the term "friendship" wasn't known to Shizuka since forever, and knowing this fact alone led Rentarou to one of his freak stunts once again… I mean dude literally made a whole copy of that one volume of the novel and stored it in sd, just so Shizuka could use the same on her "text-to-speech" app lmaooo. 

100 out of 100 for dedication, and of course he got the reward too.. Shizuka confessed and now she's part of the harem as well. Though not sure if Hakari should have this reason while accepting lol.
@Softhenic03 i agree with you buddy
Oct 23, 2023 6:42 AM

Jan 2017
its slowly giving me the chills how does one handle so many girls at once >< please don't turn into my horror anime

Oct 23, 2023 6:58 AM
Sep 2020
PRINCESSS SUSHIZUKA IS HERE!!!

Overall episode is good but feel like kinda rush. anyway it was a good episode.
Oct 23, 2023 9:45 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Wow i was not ready for this emotional episode. Really great new girl and way too good for this harem parody anime :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 23, 2023 10:23 AM

Sep 2018
Came for the laughs, left in tears...

Truly a fantastic episode, showcasing the author's skills at piling on the emotions.

And what a hero Rentarou is, so nice to have a harem show that doesn't revolve around a potato

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Jun 2023
Even tho this is just comedy, damn, why do i actually enjoy this?
dont use ur brain, just watch!
cmon shizuka is cute actually?
Guess it will be interesting to see how he explains the girls that he still gets new ones. For now: 3/100, 97 to gooo!
alr, looking forward to next episode, see ya next week-
Oct 23, 2023 1:16 PM
Feb 2021
WHY AM I CRYING?

Everyone deserves a cute bushy eyebrowed dweeb genki boyfriend, god bless him
Oct 23, 2023 1:17 PM

Jan 2020
That was the most wholesome episode of this anime. It was soo cute, and sad tbh. I'm glad he's making her happy.
Oct 23, 2023 1:23 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to rohan121
@rohan121 If only there were 99 other characters to like...
Oct 23, 2023 3:27 PM
Aug 2021
Rentaro telling the girls (Who already went through the discussion of both dating him) that he now wants to add Shizuka is the funniest shit I've ever seen. I also like how althought the plot is super stupid they still take the relationsships seriously
Oct 23, 2023 7:04 PM

Jan 2020
Ok, finally a girl that I liked has shown up. Not a fan of the first 2. Also, I now understand why people refer to Rentarou as Chadtarou.
Oct 23, 2023 11:46 PM

Feb 2018
Yup, saw what the response was to "try saying something to me" from a mile away lmao. Props to Rentaro for writing out the whole book digitally for that girl lol, ig he'll prolly do anything as long as a girl is his "soulmate".

Never ending plan to watch list...

Oct 24, 2023 10:40 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to rohan121
@rohan121

Quite ironic how you got the series this wrong, considering this one of rare harem where every female main character stays relevant all the time, all have agency and constantly interact with each other even without their beloved MC. Especially funny bit about not respecting romance, considering some chapters blow dedicated romance series out of the water.
Oct 24, 2023 11:41 AM
Sep 2023
SHIKUZAAA timeeee.
Shizuka is the most adorable tiny animal cinnamon bin you'll ever see.
Oct 24, 2023 5:28 PM
Oct 2019
Manually typing all those words? CHAD-TARO!!

Hakari response to Rentarou having a new girlfriend LMAO
Oct 25, 2023 1:19 AM

Feb 2021
They are abnormal XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2023

127 by _untitled »»
May 6, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2023

121 by raycrack4 »»
May 5, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2023

291 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 5, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

200 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 23, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

164 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 23, 4:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.