Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

This is literally one of the best shows Japan has ever made in all of history

New
May 27, 2010 9:02 PM
Jan 2009
This show doesn't have a single flaw, it's successfully fulfilled everything it's aimed to do so far without missing a beat.

I guarantee if this series took place in Japan and spent 60% more time on school episodes, its MAL score would be 1.5 points higher at least. It's a series that's honestly just too good for weaboos.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2010 2:23 PM

Jun 2009
You really don't have high standards, do you?

This show has hundreds of flaws. The only thing that makes it stand out is that despite those flaws it's still enjoyable. But not great.
AidanAK47May 28, 2010 2:28 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 28, 2010 4:34 PM
Jan 2009
Pfft. I dare you to name these mythical flaws
May 28, 2010 6:17 PM

Jun 2009
Oh boy, where do I start?

Pick up a Marvel comic. In it you will find every plot twist, story mechanic and characters that this show has presented. It's been done.
Villains with no motivation or clear goal besides being stereotypical evil.
A extremely hypocritical main character who finds the Aliens actions against humanity monstrous but does not seem to find his robots mindless slaughter of their kind wrong in any way. Oh except when his robot goes berserk and tries to kill them without him. Then it's wrong.
A love interest who's role is to be nothing more than a damsel in distress. She does not seem to have a personality either.
The old "school bully turning evil villain" gimmick. With added mind control to boot.
President is white.(Alright that one was a joke)
American flags everywhere. Even on the damn robot. Like a giant flag saying America is the best country in the world which is very funny as the animation is being made in Japan!
Gimmicks everywhere. Aliens land with people screaming and a single crying child. Mother takes child away who drops her teddy which then gets stamped on by aliens. You must have seen that somewhere before.
Elaborate transformation scenes just to show a kid pressing a button.

And many, many more. Now I am not saying this is a bad show. And considering that this is based on the first nine episodes things could change. But it's not even close to the best. It's generic to a T.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 28, 2010 6:48 PM
Jan 2009
You see, those are all good qualities to me. This show plays by the books so hardcore that it's almost nostalgic
also, hilarious

Especially America's greatness sprinkled all over ever frame. sooooo good.
May 28, 2010 7:01 PM

Jun 2009
Well what ever floats your boat....

Also I'm Irish so that America greatness only comes off as obnoxious to me. Plus I am still trying to figure out what makes America so great.

May 28, 2010 7:19 PM
Jan 2009
we have more to be proud of than potatoes and susan boyle xd
May 28, 2010 8:22 PM
Jan 2009
OJustSumGuy said:
Nyron said:

I sincerely apologize for this ignorant person. Not all Americans act like this.

this is true
South Americans are louder and speak Spanish
May 29, 2010 2:05 AM

Sep 2008
you have a bad taste dude....
personally i know this one is shitty... but I miss my mecha Animu T__________T
still watch this just for eyecandy and lol, but still have a BLIND hope this one can became like Gunbuster (half shit and the other half is OVER +9000 CLASSIC)

but let be honest, once shit is always shit

whatever, I watch this awhile waiting for Break Blade BD/DVD release
May 29, 2010 8:23 AM

Jun 2009
Nyron said:
OJustSumGuy said:
Nyron said:

I sincerely apologize for this ignorant person. Not all Americans act like this.

this is true
South Americans are louder and speak Spanish

Sorry, I'm South American and I speak Portuguese, not spanish. |:
May 29, 2010 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
Anyway, this anime is so chicle ..
Heroman is the typical show that has a common history, but it is nice to spend time.
But ... Never be'll the best.

- Sorry my bad english. :D
May 29, 2010 10:05 AM

Jun 2009
OJustSumGuy said:
Nyron said:

I know. Don't worry, I didn't take it to heart. I am just glad he didn't say anything about leprechauns and thatched houses. Besides I made a crack about America as well.

Well Nyron my idiotic friend. We do actually have more to be proud of than potatoes and.....who the hell is Susan boyle?(Looks it up)
Ah
"Susan Magdalane Boyle (born 1 April 1961) is a Scottish singer who came to international public attention when she appeared as a contestant on reality TV programme Britain's Got Talent on 11 April 2009, singing "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Misérables. Her first album was released in November 2009 and debuted as the number one best-selling CD on charts around the globe."

Well...would you look at that....So....do you prove you are an idiot with every sentence you speak?
AidanAK47May 29, 2010 10:08 AM

May 29, 2010 1:24 PM

Mar 2007
Race wars are stupid, Irish started it anyway. And Brazilians (and the surrounding countries) love their Saint Seiya dont they? ^_^

Back to topic...

Well its good to see what a Marvel comic looks like anime'd up. Also a good show to see a taste of how Iron Man and X-Men will pan out. Any irony Irish pointed out is the exact same for 98% of the anime titles they bring out. The only good thing about this one and comic books, is that they're plot holes arent as fantastical as most manga and anime plotholes. Side note, look at all the JPN games none of them have stories or barely have one (Tekken, Street Fighter, Shootemups, Ninja Gaiden) with the exception of JRPGs (but they're all the same with just different characters)

You can scream "its been done before" till you're blue in the face but lets face it, most anime have that virus of being an anime.

Anime that has the anime virus contain:

• At least 4 out of the 9 character types (quiet, cool, smart, cute, strong, etc. or to be technical, shounen, tsundere, kuudere, dandere, etc)
  • None ever really dies (or N.E.R.D)
  • Everyone yells more than they should
  • Unexplainable things happen at the most opportune moments. (i.e. Driving that car through the dojo in Kurenai, or they find a cure for virus X in anime Z)
  • Things that are obvious to the viewer but not obvious for the anime characters (like the concept of teaming up on a bad guy in One Piece)
  • Outrageous things happen that usually can't be explained either way (from fact checking or historical references)

This is all in reference to shounen action anime. Theres a reason why they're categorized into things called genre's. Same elements are typical, the only difference between all of them is the art and the direction.

Come on, as far as shounen anime goes, this is one of the better ones. And compared to all the titles this season, its way better than the rest (including Hajime no Ippo meets Prisonbreak anime called Rainbow. It may be a typical "comic book" story but that is what it is. It's made by Stan fukin Lee. You either love him or you really REALLY hate comic book superheroes.

Also, its a damn kids show, a little too critical for a kids show don't you think so Irish? The kid you're arguing with is probably 1/2 your age so might as well not keep rollin with the punches. I grew up watching these kind of cartoons when I was a young'n (Xmen, TMNT, Batman, etc) So its more for a nostalgic value for me. Shame that Saturday morning cartoon format is pretty much long dead.
RanivusMay 29, 2010 1:40 PM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
May 29, 2010 2:27 PM

Sep 2008
@Ranvius
you know after watch more episode
but yeah I miss mah' Saturday Cartoons T___________T
May 29, 2010 3:41 PM
Jan 2009
You have no idea how hard I lolled at this thread
May 29, 2010 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
Nyron said:
You have no idea how hard I lolled at this thread

not really, we know this thread is a troll

try harder bro
May 29, 2010 4:06 PM

Apr 2007
Ranivus said:
Race wars are stupid, Irish started it anyway. And Brazilians (and the surrounding countries) love their Saint Seiya dont they? ^_^

Saint Seiya is the shit! Saori-saaaaaaaaan!!!

Ahem. Heroman is super generic but Im just hoping that the opening sequence full of battles ends up happening. If I get something with half the epic of Gurren Lagann Ill be happy. Im on episode 3 right now, BTW.

The America Fuck Yeah attitude in the anime is funny as hell. Also, I live in California so the locales in the anime remind me of places around here.
Blergh.
May 29, 2010 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
Ranivus said:

Yes, Saint Seiya is very popular here, although I don't like it. I'm not so old to watch Saint Seiya for love it, those who watched in my childhood, I prefer Digimon.

Anyway, I Heroman until I'm liking just as I like the HQ.
And... The troll this topic is not me and I don't want a race war, sorry if I misunderstood.xD
May 29, 2010 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
Irish has a name by the way Ranivus.
Ranivus said:
You can scream "its been done before" till you're blue in the face but lets face it, most anime have that virus of being an anime.

Well I can't argue with that. There are exceptions but you are correct that a lot of anime reuses the same formula. Still even so there are Animes that take these generic formulas and turn it into something original. I don't mind if a show borrows a good few cliches as long as it pulls something good with it. However this show has taken cliches at every turn and used them in the exact same way as they have been for centuries.

You would think that Stan Lee might have picked up some new tricks after all these years. However this shows he's still stuck in old ways.

True it's a kids show. So I may be judging it a bit harshly. But come on. Give these kids a challenge. Just because it's a kids show does not mean that it can be generic as hell. Now I feel the same nostalgic value that you do. Hell this is ten times better than the crap they pass as Saturday morning cartoons these days. It stops me from calling this a bad show. But I could never label this as great.
Also I figured he was not a mature age. But hell I call an idiot when I see one. This is the internet. If you act like a bitch then you will be treated as one. Age is of no importance.

May 29, 2010 5:50 PM
Jan 2009
Don't worry my drunken broski, this is Bones we're talking about here.

I'm sure they'll give the kids a "challenge" by totally ruining the plot later with stuff that makes no sense, like they do with all their other shows xd
May 29, 2010 6:22 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Bones is a great studio.

Anyway, Heroman will end in 12/13, right?
The series is already at its climax, then it must end soon, but, in MAL doesn't have information on how many episodes will be. D:
May 29, 2010 6:26 PM
Jan 2009
It'll probably be 24, with three 8-episode arcs.
May 30, 2010 4:45 AM

Jun 2009
Nyron said:
I'm sure they'll give the kids a "challenge" by totally ruining the plot later with stuff that makes no sense, like they do with all their other shows xd

Yes, after all you seem to know a lot about bones. After all you have seen two of their shows. Not counting Heroman. 2 out of 20 shows. Yep, you sure know a lot about them.

May 30, 2010 9:43 AM

Mar 2007
AidanAK47 said:
Nyron said:

Yes, after all you seem to know a lot about bones. After all you have seen two of their shows. Not counting Heroman. 2 out of 20 shows. Yep, you sure know a lot about them.

I'm not going to bother looking at his list, im guessing.... Eureka 7 and Soul Eater.

Oh and Irish, how can you not like being called Irish? In most action movies, theres always some cool guy nicknamed Irish or something.
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=ch&q=Irish

Oh wow... Dennis Hopper died... thx imdb.
RanivusMay 30, 2010 9:48 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
May 30, 2010 12:07 PM

Jun 2009
Ranivus said:
AidanAK47 said:
Nyron said:

I'm not going to bother looking at his list, im guessing.... Eureka 7 and Soul Eater.

Oh and Irish, how can you not like being called Irish? In most action movies, theres always some cool guy nicknamed Irish or something.
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=ch&q=Irish

Oh wow... Dennis Hopper died... thx imdb.

Well actually it was Fullmetal alchemist and RahXephon but now I notice he had Eureka Seven on the list as well. So that makes it three.

You can call me it if you like. I don't mind.

May 30, 2010 3:40 PM
Jan 2009
implying my list has literally everything I've seen. Now you're just arguing for the hell of it, broha
May 30, 2010 4:08 PM

Jun 2009
Nyron said:
implying my list has literally everything I've seen. Now you're just arguing for the hell of it, broha

Can't bullshit a bullshiter mate. If you had seen more anime than this then you would of put it down. But hey, why not tell us of the other bones anime you have seen that's not on your list?

May 30, 2010 4:45 PM
Jan 2009
in total, I've seen a majority of Darker than Black, both FMA's, RahXephon, Eureka Seven, a chunk of Soul Eater and most of Xam'd.

so basically, a majority of their most famous works.

They all share the same pattern:
-Start with quality, unique art direction, etc
-Progress with good writing and original concepts
-Begin nraveling near the end
-Totally change the atmosphere of the series at some point in the final half of the series
-Have a really flashy ending that more often than not, sucks from a writing standpoint

Bones'll always be a second-rate Gainax tbh
May 30, 2010 5:33 PM

Jun 2009
Is it just me....or did you actually give a smart answer this time? You must have stole that from somewhere.....

I was actually trying to catch you out because I thought you were talking out of your ass but if you really thought that then you might actually have some brains in there.
I have noticed the problem with Bones endings myself. Though the unraveling near the end sounds wrong to me. Most of the time they just screw up at the last moment. Somewhere around the last two episodes.

However if you noticed this then how could you give something as flawed as Scryed a ten?

May 30, 2010 6:18 PM
Jan 2009
I've analyzed Scryed to a ridiculous extent and have even written college essays about it.

Scryed is, on an objective level, the most flawless shounen action series ever made. hilarious, but true
May 31, 2010 11:10 AM

Oct 2008
This show is good . . . Infact great . . Sometimes

but its not the greatest . . Fa sure . Watch some other mecha/action shows before makin such comments , and even attacking people on the basis of race , nyron . .
May 31, 2010 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
Nyron said:
I've analyzed Scryed to a ridiculous extent and have even written college essays about it.

Scryed is, on an objective level, the most flawless shounen action series ever made. hilarious, but true

Ok, NOW you are just talking out of your ass.

May 31, 2010 6:46 PM
Jan 2009
no this time i'm being 100% serious
the story and characters in scryed were amazingly well executed, the pacing was nice and it had the best final episode of anything I can think of
Jun 1, 2010 6:55 AM

Jun 2009
Come on man. The characters in Scryed have about as much depth as a piece of paper. I even read that review you wrote. Nothing but a bunch of fanboy prattle.
The story was the biggest flaw about Scryed. It was boring as hell. Lots of things were left open. I ask you, what is alter power? Never explained. It was just some rainbow pixie dust that came out of the ground and gave everyone superpowers. You even pointed out the flaws yourself in your own review. Lot's of fanboying over Kazuma. Trust me, you have not even seen a real badass. You never seen Guts taking down demons with nothing but brute strength. You never seen Shiki cut someone to pieces in a matter of seconds. You never seen Archer kicking ass in unlimited blade works. Compared to them, Kazuma is nothing but a ten year old with a toy arm.

Jun 2, 2010 9:25 AM
Sep 2009
Nyron said:
This show doesn't have a single flaw, it's successfully fulfilled everything it's aimed to do so far without missing a beat.

I guarantee if this series took place in Japan and spent 60% more time on school episodes, its MAL score would be 1.5 points higher at least. It's a series that's honestly just too good for weaboos.

weaboos in general have shit taste (k-on anyone?), but still, it's not enough to say that it's one of the greatest.

Bones is doing an excellent job with the animation, but the rest kinda falls on the director. As a saturday cartoon, i'd rather take something like GaoGaiGar instead which were aimed at kids as well.
Jun 2, 2010 9:26 AM
Jun 2008
This anime would have been infinitely better as a cartoon. The pacing of anime doesn't work with the story at all.

Also, Joey is moe. If he were a real American, he wouldn't be moe at all.
Jun 3, 2010 6:14 AM

Apr 2007
This is easily the worst series to ever come out with the ~bones~ badge!

It's just awful...
Jun 3, 2010 12:48 PM
Nov 2009
johnnyd said:

It's just awful...

...Except you've only watched three episodes.
Jun 3, 2010 2:34 PM

May 2007
I watched the first episode when it was released and just found it to be horrible. I'm thinking of marathoning it once its done....I was hoping it would be like 13 episodes but ANN has listed that there will be at least 26 episodes.......imo, thats too many episodes for this particular series. I love BONES but why did they join forces with Stan Lee........I guess it will reach out to youngsters in the WEST saying "anime is good" but they will probably watch it and just think that anime is just as bad as this. >_>
Jun 3, 2010 2:35 PM

Jan 2008
I heard this was the most dropped anime this season, next to Working!!!.
Jun 3, 2010 2:35 PM

May 2007
An_anon said:
johnnyd said:

It's just awful...

3 episodes is enough to assess this repetitive crap....isn't it ?
Jun 3, 2010 2:37 PM

May 2007
Paul said:
I heard this was the most dropped anime this season, next to Working!!!.

Working!! is one of the better animes this season.....I can easily think of 10 others I would drop besides Working!! >_>

But HEROMAN is definitely one of the most dropped series this season. ;)
Jun 3, 2010 3:39 PM

Sep 2007
Oh ...
And i thought it's was K-ON!! who was one of the most dropped ...
Ups not ... I'm wrong.
K-ON!! was not watched anyways. :o
Jun 4, 2010 5:03 PM
Nov 2009
JCDRANZER said:
An_anon said:
johnnyd said:

It's just awful...

3 episodes is enough to assess this repetitive crap....isn't it ?

No, it's not, because the show really picks up up around episode four or five. Calling it repetitive just shows me that you haven't watched enough to even know if it is or not. There's way too many elitist anime fans on this site who have dropped this show while hardly giving it a chance and calling it 'cliche drivel', while it's a fun, entertaining, and badass show.
Jun 5, 2010 1:10 PM
Jan 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Come on man. The characters in Scryed have about as much depth as a piece of paper. I even read that review you wrote. Nothing but a bunch of fanboy prattle.
The story was the biggest flaw about Scryed. It was boring as hell. Lots of things were left open. I ask you, what is alter power? Never explained. It was just some rainbow pixie dust that came out of the ground and gave everyone superpowers. You even pointed out the flaws yourself in your own review. Lot's of fanboying over Kazuma. Trust me, you have not even seen a real badass. You never seen Guts taking down demons with nothing but brute strength. You never seen Shiki cut someone to pieces in a matter of seconds. You never seen Archer kicking ass in unlimited blade works. Compared to them, Kazuma is nothing but a ten year old with a toy arm.

Nah dude. The characters in Scryed were actually pretty well executed, despite all of them being based on archetypes. You can dismiss them pretty easily as paper-thin, Bleach-caliber characters, but if you look a little further there's a lot of development and characterization there that simply doesn't exist in 99% of other shounen series.

And Kazuma's badassery doesn't solely stem from his feats of violence. It's all in the personality, man. Kazuma is a paragon of pride, self-reliance and determination. He's a man's man; no tears, no whining, no relying on others, he just gets shit done.
Jun 27, 2010 9:13 AM

May 2008
This is not one of the best shows ever made unless your 5 and have not watched anything else. This could possibly be one of the most average shows ever made. I don't understand why they aired this in Japan actually. More like the cartoons you see here saturday morning. Probably would have more viewers if they aired it here too.
Jun 28, 2010 5:56 PM

Jun 2009
Well... I liked Heroman. D:
Isn't epic, but is cool. lol
Jun 29, 2010 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
Anyone complaining about the genericness/cheesyness/cliches is clearly missing the point, if you ask me. It's blatantly a parody/homage to old comics and cartoons and Americanism and whatnot.

Except they're all speaking Japanese.
Because Stan Lee is an epic troll. :D

Imo, that's what makes the series AWESOME. That and the animation and the OP/ED (both of them) and Psy's hair and the Stan Lee cameos. ;D
Besides, I liked it from the beginning, but I think it gets waaay better after like...the 5 episode of so.I can't explain why,it just seemed to get noticeable better tome. But i might be in the minority.

It really sounds like you're all taking it waaaaay too seriously, btw. ;D

Also, who the fuck is saying no-one watched K-ON!!? Best be trolling. Loads of people are watching it, both people that loved the first series and those who hated it, because the people who hated it want something to bitch and troll about, which I don't understand myself.
Jun 29, 2010 2:06 PM

Jan 2010
The people calling it repetitive and garbage make me wonder if they watch any anime at all. NOTHING is original you nutcases. This show certainly isn't the worst I've ever seen.
Jul 5, 2010 10:50 PM

Jan 2008
raimiala said:
The people calling it repetitive and garbage make me wonder if they watch any anime at all. NOTHING is original you nutcases. This show certainly isn't the worst I've ever seen.

Bullshit. I've watched hundreds and hundreds of anime, and yes, Heroman is boring repetitive garbage with a paper thin plot. Some may enjoy it for the mindless ride it offers, but it's hardly even a mediocre title, let alone "the best show Japan has ever made in all of history". (Seriously, whoever made this topic must have been high of marijuana). And just because nothing is original doesn't mean you can't just present it in a new way. TTGL, for example: giant robots? done to death. Beast-men subjugating humans? seen it, got the T-Shirt. Using drills powered by manly spirit? Well, the drill part was new...But it was presented in such a fashion that made people think is was a brand new idea. So yeah...Heroman is......average, at best.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 12 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 17, 2010

25 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Apr 1, 2010

260 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.