Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 30, 2010 12:41 AM

Jun 2008
zharnotczar said:
StrangeBlackCat said:
I don't think i want to argue that there is no musicianship in RAP.. What I'd say is the musicianship that revolves around rap is VERY low quality.
I could say the same of any other genre.

As you stated of course there is shit in each genre.. but almost all the rap genre as a whole is low quality over all.
May 30, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
StrangeBlackCat said:
zharnotczar said:
StrangeBlackCat said:
I don't think i want to argue that there is no musicianship in RAP.. What I'd say is the musicianship that revolves around rap is VERY low quality.
I could say the same of any other genre.

As you stated of course there is shit in each genre.. but almost all the rap genre as a whole is low quality over all.
As you stated of course there is shit in each genre.. but almost all the indie genre as a whole is low quality over all.

Do you see what I just did there?
May 30, 2010 12:52 AM

Jun 2008
It all boils down to subjectivity.

My opinion is more important than yours, therefore, RAP sucks over all.
May 30, 2010 12:59 AM

Apr 2010
StrangeBlackCat said:
It all boils down to subjectivity.

My opinion is more important than yours, therefore, RAP sucks over all.
Don't try and twist the words around to appear as though you've won the argument.
May 30, 2010 1:03 AM

Jun 2008
I'm sorry you see it that way. I'm not here to win or lose what you'd see as an 'argument'.
May 30, 2010 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Since we're talking about hiphop anyway, I think the only quality hiphop is the underground stuff that hardly anyone knows. Stuff like The Dynospectrum, Atmosphere, Sage Francis and Sol.Illaquists of Sound is what hiphop should be famous about.
May 30, 2010 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
Jimbow said:
Since we're talking about hiphop anyway, I think the only quality hiphop is the underground stuff that hardly anyone knows. Stuff like The Dynospectrum, Atmosphere, Sage Francis and Sol.Illaquists of Sound is what hiphop should be famous about.

Damn straight!!
May 30, 2010 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
Those comments and actually like 99% of YT comments reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos

Addicting song.
May 30, 2010 10:57 AM

Apr 2010
StrangeBlackCat said:
I'm sorry you see it that way. I'm not here to win or lose what you'd see as an 'argument'.
Sorry about my last post. I had been drinking a little bit.
May 30, 2010 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
He's just doing it for the attention. LAME! =_=
May 30, 2010 9:38 PM

Jun 2008
zharnotczar said:
alexcampos said:
I don't care if it's mainstream, underground, or any other hip hop, I don't like it because there is NO MUSICIANSHIP.

It's a guy rapping to a looping beat, THAT'S IT!!!

Any idiot can rap, and just like this clown (soulja boy) any idiot can "successfully" influence the industry.

So I ask you, if you're not singing and there are no instruments, how in the hell can this be called music???
Bullshit. I dislike rap just as much as any other guy, but there is musicianship. Please. Rap for me this instant. Do as well as any popular artists today. Show me that there's no musicianship involved.

Musicianship: knowledge, skill, and artistic sensitivity in performing music.

Rap has no skill (for example playing an instrument is a skill)
Rap has no artistic anything (Yeah OK, maybe some do, but the other 99% DON'T)

Rapping about bitches, violence, and your "homies" is not artistic, I'm fucking tired of all this "street" shit.

I'll admit that the beats are catchy and sometimes even well made, but the lyrics are so horrible that it really makes you wonder if listening to Disney songs would be a better alternative.
May 30, 2010 9:42 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. Just.....wow.....
May 30, 2010 10:28 PM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:

Pop has no skill (for example playing an instrument is a skill)
Pop has no artistic anything (Yeah OK, maybe some do, but the other 99% DON'T)

Pop-ing about love, happiness, and your "friends" is not artistic, I'm fucking tired of all this "pleasant" shit.

I'll admit that the beats are catchy and sometimes even well made, but the lyrics are so horrible that it really makes you wonder if listening to Disney songs would be a better alternative.

I can easily use your argument against any genre.
May 30, 2010 10:45 PM

Jun 2008
zharnotczar said:
alexcampos said:

Pop has no skill (for example playing an instrument is a skill)
Pop has no artistic anything (Yeah OK, maybe some do, but the other 99% DON'T)

Pop-ing about love, happiness, and your "friends" is not artistic, I'm fucking tired of all this "pleasant" shit.

I can easily use your argument against any genre.

Try using it for rock, R&B, and jazz.
May 30, 2010 10:53 PM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:

Rock has no skill (for example playing an instrument is a skill)
Rock has no artistic anything (Yeah OK, maybe some do, but the other 99% DON'T)

Rocking about drugs, sex, and "fun" is not artistic, I'm fucking tired of all this "rocker" shit.

R&B has no skill (for example playing an instrument is a skill)
R&B has no artistic anything (Yeah OK, maybe some do, but the other 99% DON'T)

R&Bing about "whatever R&B could be about (I'm not too familiar with this genre)" is not artistic, I'm fucking tired of all this "(whatever)" shit.

Jazz has no skill (for example playing an instrument is a skill)
Jazz has no artistic anything (Yeah OK, maybe some do, but the other 99% DON'T)

Jazzing about love, sadness, and "anything really" is not artistic, I'm fucking tired of all this "anything" shit.

My word choice got lazy, but it's very possible.
May 30, 2010 11:01 PM

Jun 2008
Ok, this is getting out of hand, those last ones don't even make sense.
May 30, 2010 11:05 PM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:
Ok, this is getting out of hand, those last ones don't even make sense.
I'll admit, the one about R&B was stupid, but the other two have just as much relevance as your does.
May 31, 2010 5:54 AM

Oct 2008
Laaaame. Totally lame.
May 31, 2010 5:59 AM

Jun 2008
alexcampos said:

Rapping about bitches, violence, and your "homies" is not artistic, I'm fucking tired of all this "street" shit.
If rap has no skill, and I can't rap, what does this mean? That I have no skill? But wait, rap takes no skills. That I do have skill? So that I can't rap?
May 31, 2010 6:46 AM

Dec 2008
Greatest hip-hop record I have heard in years. Rapping over Death Note beats sounds so fresh.

I didn't know Soulja Boy had so much potential so this was way beyond my expectations.
May 31, 2010 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
Lol If this isn't a joke, it's damned funny. When's it out?!?

And that song was like a clone of Nears theme!!
May 31, 2010 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
fuck soulja boy

Xiaoling Squirrel; baddest rodent in the forest.

May 31, 2010 10:47 AM

Oct 2009
LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Soulja, oh you.
May 31, 2010 10:50 AM

Nov 2009
I know he sucks but who cares if he likes Death note?
May 31, 2010 11:18 AM

Mar 2009
wtf... xD
May 31, 2010 11:28 AM

Jan 2010
cncfan said:
I know he sucks but who cares if he likes Death note?

someone didn't read the thread
May 31, 2010 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
He stole my new album idea!
May 31, 2010 5:34 PM

May 2008
alexcampos said:
zharnotczar said:
alexcampos said:
I don't care if it's mainstream, underground, or any other hip hop, I don't like it because there is NO MUSICIANSHIP.

Any idiot can rap, and just like this clown (soulja boy) any idiot can "successfully" influence the industry.

So I ask you, if you're not singing and there are no instruments, how in the hell can this be called music???
Bullshit. I dislike rap just as much as any other guy, but there is musicianship. Please. Rap for me this instant. Do as well as any popular artists today. Show me that there's no musicianship involved.

I can understand your point but rap does take skill it has changed. You have to go back to the "old school" to find rap which has skill in it. For example:

This song came out in 1994 and still describes the state of hip hop 16 years later. So tell me that making a song which is still relevant 16 years later takes no skill. Oh he is talking about rap in the song by the way :)
May 31, 2010 6:29 PM

Jan 2010

The comments were quite funny though.
May 31, 2010 6:32 PM
Dec 2009
heh.
Jun 1, 2010 1:41 AM

Oct 2009
Nabi123 said:
alexcampos said:
zharnotczar said:
alexcampos said:

I can understand your point but rap does take skill it has changed. You have to go back to the "old school" to find rap which has skill in it. For example:

This song came out in 1994 and still describes the state of hip hop 16 years later. So tell me that making a song which is still relevant 16 years later takes no skill. Oh he is talking about rap in the song by the way :)

Yes alexcampos read this guys speech & learn
Jun 1, 2010 3:00 AM

Mar 2010
thats sad , just vey sad and pathetic
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.