Forum Settings
Forums

Summer 2023 Final Week! Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

New
Sep 29, 2023 11:14 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
This is a friendly reminder that the deadline for Week 13 actions is quickly approaching!

Ace/Swap/Wildcard Here

Points counted this week:
- Members Watching (2x)
- Episode Discussions (2x) - Note: only new posts since Week 12
- Score (2x)
- Members Dropped (2x)
- Member Favorites (2x)

Week 13 Anime Points
Points will be added here after they're out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KapWnK1qqfuEPtqshSoXfsLqNGOBKBvMGXPoqDhTVhQ/htmlview
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 30, 2023 12:56 AM

Feb 2022
What'd everyone think about this season of anime?
A few interesting ones, but overall for me, it was just a mess of things that couldn't hold my attention.
Sep 30, 2023 2:05 AM

May 2021
Reply to PotionDweller
A few interesting ones, but overall for me, it was just a mess of things that couldn't hold my attention.
@PotionDweller I kinda feel the same . Thankfully I found 2-3 anime this season that didn't make me lose interest quickly . I personally didn't expect that I will drop some anime that I wanted to watch this summer . But in this upcoming season of anime I think many will have much more fun
Sep 30, 2023 4:33 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to Yubisoft
@PotionDweller I kinda feel the same . Thankfully I found 2-3 anime this season that didn't make me lose interest quickly . I personally didn't expect that I will drop some anime that I wanted to watch this summer . But in this upcoming season of anime I think many will have much more fun
Yubisoft said:
I kinda feel the same . Thankfully I found 2-3 anime this season that didn't make me lose interest quickly . I personally didn't expect that I will drop some anime that I wanted to watch this summer . But in this upcoming season of anime I think many will have much more fun

@Yubisoft Yeah new season has a few I'm looking forward to.

I wanted to get into dark gathering but the Translations were... not great. I'm no master of Japanese but even I can tell some basic words being said and the TL being totally wrong.

Helck has been interesting and Mushoku Tensei was nice.
Couldn't get into Zombie 100. I've just been turned off of zombie stuff after the last decade was overloaded with it. Just exhausting.

Upcoming season looks interesting. I'd like to find something a bit out of the standard.
Something in vibe with Mushishi would be nice. But those are rare and few between.
Sep 30, 2023 11:24 AM

May 2022
Shocked Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta did not manage to hit threshold. I really had high hopes for it being the 1-2 show. Good season for me probably finishing in the 500~ range. I will be honest I thought this season had restricted anime so I only picked Masamune-kun no Revenge R, and Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto. Overall though my non sequel strategy did very well, as I only had Masamune-kun no Revenge R. Obviously not having bungou killed any chance for me to get top 100.
Sep 30, 2023 1:53 PM

Nov 2012
I've done better on FAL than ever before. I ran out of swaps for the first time. That's a bit worrisome.

The season was eh. Titles that started holding my attention lost and some titles that I thought were less than ok at the beginning shined. I was really looking forward to Dark Gathering but was truly disappointed. I put it aside. Not sure if I'll go back.
Sep 30, 2023 5:45 PM

Jan 2018
Reply to Zoopiez
Shocked Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta did not manage to hit threshold. I really had high hopes for it being the 1-2 show. Good season for me probably finishing in the 500~ range. I will be honest I thought this season had restricted anime so I only picked Masamune-kun no Revenge R, and Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto. Overall though my non sequel strategy did very well, as I only had Masamune-kun no Revenge R. Obviously not having bungou killed any chance for me to get top 100.
@Zoopiez Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta did hit threshold.... but only this week so not in time to make any difference.
Sep 30, 2023 6:40 PM

May 2022
Reply to Konan_Edogawa_
@Zoopiez Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta did hit threshold.... but only this week so not in time to make any difference.
@Konan_Edogawa_ It has not if you check the ace use it still has not been given a above threshold tag.
Sep 30, 2023 6:48 PM

Jan 2018
Reply to Zoopiez
@Konan_Edogawa_ It has not if you check the ace use it still has not been given a above threshold tag.
@Zoopiez Watching + Completed is over 78k right now. That is above the threshold not that it matters anymore.
Oct 1, 2023 2:08 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to PotionDweller
@PotionDweller Honestly was carried by Bleach and JJK, but there were still a couple solid shows worth watching (Zom 100 and Undead Girl Murder Farce). I have far less interest in this upcoming season tbh.
Oct 1, 2023 4:41 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Best season I've done; probably because it's the first that I took seriously + realized that Aces are not just "one-time" designations + not too many great selections. Glad I chose the sequels that I went with.
Oct 1, 2023 8:20 PM
Sep 2016
Managed to rank higher in Summer than in Spring by a single place. Let's goooooo XD
Oct 1, 2023 8:56 PM

May 2022
Oof got beatdown final week even with my ace. Doubled my position to 1k from 589.
Oct 1, 2023 10:51 PM
Aug 2019
I went from 75th back to 148th which is disappointing, but so far its the best ive done.

(WHEN) you ace and use swaps during the season, makes a huge difference in points.. because i had 8 of the top 10 anime for the season but that is not enough. Timing is key
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Week 2: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 14

40 by anri_alien »»
Yesterday, 1:42 AM

» I aced Kaiju No. 8 this week, is it still eligible?

spaceman777 - Apr 20

1 by Ax1om »»
Apr 20, 9:58 AM

» Week 1: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 7

13 by MistyBlue »»
Apr 13, 3:04 PM

» Week 12: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 24

9 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 31, 5:24 PM

» Week 11: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 17

12 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 18, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.