Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2023 12:48 AM
Nov 2020
Kvothe_1 said:
1st and foremost.... PLEASE DONT BE TOXIC AGAINST THE MANGAKA UNLESS U WANT ANOTHER ENDING LIKE AOT...

2ndly
what was all that about gojo dad??

3rdly....infinity works upon the principeles of calcalus like how in limits the closer u come to thing the farthe away it is....so y does it matter if even the world is slashed?? infinity makes every attack slow.... IT DOESNT STOPS IT...
so some1 explain that plzz..... as for chap

gege u fucking monster ...i hate this i hate this guy and love him so much at the same time...he doesnt care about fan that much was clear from shibuya he has a story to tell and that he will without care of the world

(character limit)
Sep 20, 2023 12:49 AM
Oct 2022
nah man i knew gege was gonna do my man gojo dirty wtf 😭 tell me this is a lie i need something to cope
Sep 20, 2023 12:49 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to Issax28
Cheap and predictable writing. Everyone knew Gojo had to somehow die if not the story is over.

Let me guess now suddenly the useless “MC” magically becomes OP and defeats Sukuna
@Issax28 I wouldn't necessarily say that killing Gojo is cheap writing, I feel like that's mostly dependent on HOW his death is handled. He's OP as fuck, so as you said, he needs to die or at least be incapacitated (like when he was sealed) so that the other characters can actually do something, otherwise they could just throw Gojo out there to handle all of their problems and call it a day and no one else gets to shine. So killing him in and of itself isn't cheap, but in terms of how it happened, yea you can definitely say that the writing there left a lot to be desired.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 20, 2023 12:51 AM

Apr 2021
musubi3 said:
@akiiira Considering the bullshit Mahoraga and Sukuna just pulled off idc if Yuji pulls off some bullshit to win. It's only fair that way.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if that would happen especially after ch 235-236

Gojo was so strong and then he lost? And then he also said that Sukuna didn't use his full power?
I read AoT so I can hate on it.
Sep 20, 2023 12:54 AM

May 2022
Reply to luvcalv
Kvothe_1 said:
1st and foremost.... PLEASE DONT BE TOXIC AGAINST THE MANGAKA UNLESS U WANT ANOTHER ENDING LIKE AOT...

2ndly
what was all that about gojo dad??

3rdly....infinity works upon the principeles of calcalus like how in limits the closer u come to thing the farthe away it is....so y does it matter if even the world is slashed?? infinity makes every attack slow.... IT DOESNT STOPS IT...
so some1 explain that plzz..... as for chap

gege u fucking monster ...i hate this i hate this guy and love him so much at the same time...he doesnt care about fan that much was clear from shibuya he has a story to tell and that he will without care of the world

(character limit)
@luvcalv wait u sure...coz others r saying mahoraga adapted not to infinity but to he "space" between it and launched a slash that cut thru the very "space" and killed gojo....
Sep 20, 2023 12:54 AM

Apr 2021
thebrentinator24 said:
@Issax28 I wouldn't necessarily say that killing Gojo is cheap writing, I feel like that's mostly dependent on HOW his death is handled. He's OP as fuck, so as you said, he needs to die or at least be incapacitated (like when he was sealed) so that the other characters can actually do something, otherwise they could just throw Gojo out there to handle all of their problems and call it a day and no one else gets to shine. So killing him in and of itself isn't cheap, but in terms of how it happened, yea you can definitely say that the writing there left a lot to be desired.

Killing Gojo was probably necessary for story progression. But is there any character that's up to par to Sukuna now then considering Gojo was "the strongest"? Is Kishimo capable of finishing Sukuna off?

Then we have another problem with Kenjaku and all that.
Sep 20, 2023 12:58 AM
May 2021
Unfrendly said:
so how are you guys holding up

pretty suicidal, hbu
Sep 20, 2023 1:00 AM
Sep 2020
Snack_pack said:
Unfrendly said:

pretty suicidal, hbu

I'm a geto fan so I'm used to it
Sep 20, 2023 1:02 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Unfrendly
Snack_pack said:
Unfrendly said:

pretty suicidal, hbu

I'm a geto fan so I'm used to it
@Unfrendly its just a DREAM! wake me up
Sep 20, 2023 1:03 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to akiiira
thebrentinator24 said:

Killing Gojo was probably necessary for story progression. But is there any character that's up to par to Sukuna now then considering Gojo was "the strongest"? Is Kishimo capable of finishing Sukuna off?

Then we have another problem with Kenjaku and all that.
@akiiira Their only hope is to go after Sukuna right now, immediately after he's been weakened and exhausted from fighting Gojo. But even then idk if that'll automatically result in Kashimo or whoever beating him.

Sep 20, 2023 1:04 AM
Aug 2021
SUKUNA GOD 🐐🐐🐐
Sep 20, 2023 1:04 AM
Sep 2023
some japanese manga authors loves to depressed readers
Sep 20, 2023 1:09 AM
Sep 2018
I hate fraudkuna!

Mar 2021
Reply to thebrentinator24
@akiiira Their only hope is to go after Sukuna right now, immediately after he's been weakened and exhausted from fighting Gojo. But even then idk if that'll automatically result in Kashimo or whoever beating him.
@thebrentinator24 tbh what could anyone even do now that Sukuna can throw spacetime-altering slashes lol.

The only way to defeat him is with some even bigger bullshit, which Kashimo might have…

Jun 2014
Unbelievably bad chapter. Between Yuki & now Gojo, I’m getting real sick of the villain having a technique that just so happens to be the anthesis of who they’re fighting. “Well, Yuki can’t beat Kenjaku, so he knows anti-gravity and she dies!” And now “Well, Gojo can’t beat Sukuna soooo he can tank through infinity off-screen and Gojo dies!” Lame ass cop out to an insane fight. Sealed Gojo for years just to release him and drop him in his first fight. The story potential of Gojo training his students with what he knew now, the story potential, gone. Unbelievably bad call Gege.
Sep 20, 2023 1:11 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to akiiira
musubi3 said:
@akiiira Considering the bullshit Mahoraga and Sukuna just pulled off idc if Yuji pulls off some bullshit to win. It's only fair that way.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if that would happen especially after ch 235-236

Gojo was so strong and then he lost? And then he also said that Sukuna didn't use his full power?
@akiiira
Seriously, even if Sukuna had more power it sure seemed like he would have had no shot without Mahoraga.

Realistically though, if they don't take out Sukuna here there is literally no hope unless there is another asspull.
MALoween 2023 Candies | x 5

Sep 20, 2023 1:14 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to AbsoluteCinema
@thebrentinator24 tbh what could anyone even do now that Sukuna can throw spacetime-altering slashes lol.

The only way to defeat him is with some even bigger bullshit, which Kashimo might have…
@MugiwaraJopa Tbh I don't even know what to expect anymore 💀

Sep 20, 2023 1:21 AM

Jul 2021
Started to lose my shit the fight was pretty awesome but the outcome is ???? I NOW have hopes for Nobara since she's not shown in the afterlife. I'm most wondering... why did they randomly brought up about Gojo's dad? Don't know if it's Myamura's translation being just a general interpretation.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 20, 2023 1:28 AM

Nov 2016
Looks like Yuki and Gojo had another thing in common aside from being Special Grade Sorcerors

Told y'all to wait for the result, the real end result. Weeks of obnoxious Gojo glazing to look like a clown. Wasn't it obvious that Sukuna would eventually be the last one standing, it had to be like that for the plot and stakes.

The aiport reunion was great. don't think Gege assassinated Gojo's character.

Time for Kashimo to go crazy, he's been waiting for this. Either he does something which will contribute to the victory or he just gets slaughtered. In any case, I think the death poll will skyrocket again and that like half of those who've been watching won't make it to the final chapter.
FMmatronOct 4, 2023 10:19 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2023 1:50 AM

Dec 2012
RIP to the goat. Now I'm even more sad knowing that tomorrow's episode will happen fuck you Gege.
Sep 20, 2023 1:54 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to musubi3
@akiiira
Seriously, even if Sukuna had more power it sure seemed like he would have had no shot without Mahoraga.

Realistically though, if they don't take out Sukuna here there is literally no hope unless there is another asspull.
@musubi3

Totally agree, if Sukuna runs or they fail to eliminate him this manga won't finish in 2023 unless Gege kills everyone except Sukuna & Kenjaku.
Sep 20, 2023 1:56 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to thebrentinator24
@thebrentinator24 I have very little faith in Kishimo tbh. Not expecting a lot from him.
Sep 20, 2023 2:02 AM
Jul 2016
when i say i fell to my knees

hes ACTUALLY dead
Sep 20, 2023 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
Not gonna lie I'm kind of mad for a few secs and then started laughing by how hilarious and bullshit this is. What the actual fuck dude.

The saddest part about this is that we never truly had a pure 1 v 1 fight between Gojo and Sukuna. It probably would've been a way better fight.

But let's be real and honest here. Mahoraga carried Sukuna's ass.
Sep 20, 2023 2:25 AM
Jan 2016
as much as i love the fact that sukuna won and was able to disprove the fraud allegations, isn't gojo's head still intact?(which was the very reason why toji lost in the first place cuz he didnt go for the head)
Sep 20, 2023 2:29 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Gattz
Unbelievably bad chapter. Between Yuki & now Gojo, I’m getting real sick of the villain having a technique that just so happens to be the anthesis of who they’re fighting. “Well, Yuki can’t beat Kenjaku, so he knows anti-gravity and she dies!” And now “Well, Gojo can’t beat Sukuna soooo he can tank through infinity off-screen and Gojo dies!” Lame ass cop out to an insane fight. Sealed Gojo for years just to release him and drop him in his first fight. The story potential of Gojo training his students with what he knew now, the story potential, gone. Unbelievably bad call Gege.
@Gattz you nailed it with the "villain pulls out the perfectly convenient counter technique". This is too lame

Sep 20, 2023 3:07 AM
Jun 2023
akiiira said:
I couldn't even be sad about this death, just laugh. How did even work? Gojo talking about him being the strongest and then got his ass kicked by a curse? This ain't it..

Although, removing Gojo from the battle was crucial for plot progression.. Then again, who will fight Kenjaku?

will some gojo heck happen again?Why unseal this beautiful man???
Sep 20, 2023 3:08 AM
Dec 2019
It's gojover :(

What a chapter
Sep 20, 2023 3:08 AM

Jan 2020
Gege is not gonna have good night sleep tonight. Twitter right is an absolute MAYHEM!

Was not expecting this at all, mark my words, people are not gonna continue the manga. Gojo is the goat, so is Sukuna, but man, his death is just..it hits hard.

Looking forward to see what Gege will do. Maybe some Indian movie magic gonna happen and Gojo survives.
Sep 20, 2023 3:09 AM

May 2018
Well, I'm dropping the manga here, Bye Y'all.
Sep 20, 2023 3:11 AM

Jan 2020
Reply to Gattz
@Gattz I doubt in your life will you see the villain wining against someone tough. Like in terms of movie, "Superhero movies ofc"

When Thanos won, it was perfect imo, like that moment is very VERY rare to see.

Idk if i'm wrong or not, or maybe i forgot, but i don't think i've seen a villain beating a tough and important character.
Sep 20, 2023 3:17 AM
Jun 2023
FMmatron said:
Told y'all to wait for the result, the real end result. Weeks of obnoxious Gojo glazing to look like a clown. Wasn't it obvious that Sukuna would eventually be the last one standing, it had to be like that for the plot and stakes.

Time for Kashimo to go crazy, he's been waiting for this. Either he does something which will contribute to the victory or he just gets slaughtered. In any case, I think the death poll will skyrocket again and that like half of those who've been watching won't make it to the final chapter.

I doubt yuji and itadori'd be safe,one of them or both will die xd.Do you think gojo is completely dead ?Nobara should just rest now instead of coming back.
Sep 20, 2023 3:23 AM
Aug 2020
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LMAO
Holy shit its Gojover. Gotta give it to Gege for having the guts.
Welp, enters Kashimo I guess.

ps:Nobara cope, she didnt appear. Toji did.
Sep 20, 2023 3:31 AM
Mar 2023
naah gege can't kill him like that..he is aight
Sep 20, 2023 3:35 AM
Jan 2022
Now what do I even read this manga for? Please I'm so lost.
Sep 20, 2023 3:42 AM

Jan 2015
He alone is the HONORED ONE

Sep 20, 2023 3:44 AM
Apr 2022
Those 1 stars damn.
Sasuga gege sensei🔥🔥
Sep 20, 2023 3:53 AM
Jun 2023
arcturus_mal said:

Man, I sure am a masochist. Thought I didn't like gojo that much but I just don't feel like consuming ani manga this week,reminds of the feeling I had while reading oyasumi punpun .
Still on the copium that gege is trolling .
Sep 20, 2023 3:55 AM
Jun 2023
Swear if boruto gives sasuke this treatment, I will just prefer reality to fiction 😭.
Smuts and vanilla josei here I come .
Sep 20, 2023 3:57 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Miyamotodex23
akiiira said:
I couldn't even be sad about this death, just laugh. How did even work? Gojo talking about him being the strongest and then got his ass kicked by a curse? This ain't it..

Although, removing Gojo from the battle was crucial for plot progression.. Then again, who will fight Kenjaku?

will some gojo heck happen again?Why unseal this beautiful man???
@Miyamotodex23 There might be an instance where Gojo gets "revived" but at this point I will let Gege just cook and see what he will make out of it. It better be good since he killed off a real fan favourite.

We will yet have to see how things turn out, why Gege chose to direct the story this way. If the only motivation for killing Gojo off like this was because of Gege hating him as a character, then Gege really screwed up.
Sep 20, 2023 4:10 AM
Jun 2023
akiiira said:
@Miyamotodex23 There might be an instance where Gojo gets "revived" but at this point I will let Gege just cook and see what he will make out of it. It better be good since he killed off a real fan favourite.

We will yet have to see how things turn out, why Gege chose to direct the story this way. If the only motivation for killing Gojo off like this was because of Gege hating him as a character, then Gege really screwed up.

Nowadays I don't get any feels while watching/reading something ,so kudos to gege. If gojo is like genuinely dead,the massacre starts now.
Sep 20, 2023 4:25 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Miyamotodex23
akiiira said:

Nowadays I don't get any feels while watching/reading something ,so kudos to gege. If gojo is like genuinely dead,the massacre starts now.
@Miyamotodex23 couldn't said it better myself. At first I was shocked / bummed out about Gojos death but now I am just interested in how this will end.
Sep 20, 2023 4:31 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Miyamotodex23
arcturus_mal said:

Man, I sure am a masochist. Thought I didn't like gojo that much but I just don't feel like consuming ani manga this week,reminds of the feeling I had while reading oyasumi punpun .
Still on the copium that gege is trolling .
@Miyamotodex23 I'd be the happiest in this world if this copium works out but can't lie I have already accepted that our GOAT is dead.
Sep 20, 2023 4:33 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to Miyamotodex23
FMmatron said:

I doubt yuji and itadori'd be safe,one of them or both will die xd.Do you think gojo is completely dead ?Nobara should just rest now instead of coming back.
@Miyamotodex23

I wanted to read scans myself before I could say he's confirmed dead or not, even tho he looks pretty dead on the panels xD Whether Gojo can be saved or if he dies, both would work for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2023 4:38 AM

May 2013
i started reading jjk not so long ago, so reading a lot of it in bulk gave me some perspective on geges modus operandi. i read and marvelled at so many things, so many details that had a chekhov's gun potential to fire in the future, but at this point it's very clear there is no grand plan to pay any of these off. all the people coming up with theories, posting proofs from previous chapters, it's time to stop kidding ourselves - there will be no satisfying resolution to any of this mess, literally everything is done for the shock value alone. it was all fun and games, is it or is it not gojover this week, but it was only fun because we knew there were things that still needed addressing: the fushiguros, getos burial, 20th finger, etc etc. ok, fushiguros were mentioned but what the hell does shoko have to do with anything? gojo all but cut her off after geto deflected, neither was she present during the entirety of premature death arc events, what can she tell to megume? bffr. that's if megumi ever gets rid of sukuna, that's if after sukuna he's sane enough to comprehend any of what has happened with his deadbeat dad, that's if he even cares about any of it. ok, gojo killed him, what's the big deal? we know how megumi felt about toji, we also know he was indeed thankful to gojo for the life he had, so what is this revelation for? useless! btw, anyone knows where kenjaku is? what happened to gojos conviction to lay suguru to rest? how is suguru in the afterlife if his soul is clearly still bound to the body kenjaku still posesses? and what's up with yuji, who was literally birthed by kenjaku? so much potential for zero payoff on this front either. i know some things may take longer to get to, narratively, but at least something? in 200+ chapters of existence, some things have to come at least halfway to a circle, damn. so far the only thing we have is geto and gojo both "dying" on a white christmas, so fucking romantic
its time for all of us lit majors to lay the diplomas to rest. i may be back with more comments when the translstions come out, my japanese isn't the most polished at this ungodly hour
Sep 20, 2023 4:54 AM

Apr 2019
Gojo was tanking Cleave/Dismantle inside Sukuna's domain (sure hit), yet he was easily cut in half outside the domain against a very exhausted Sukuna?

Narrator said Sukuna wasn't going all out when Sukuna was sweating bricks, begging Mahoraga to do something.

Gege's writing really doesn't make sense sometimes. Lame ass writing.

Sep 20, 2023 5:14 AM
Jun 2023
Unfrendly said:

I hate my life even more than I used to
Sep 20, 2023 5:23 AM
Feb 2017
Okay, this one's going to be an extremely controversial take, but... here it goes anyways.

I think the most hated aspect of this chapter is not the FACT that Gojo died (Let's be honest, everyone knew an asspull was coming), but HOW he died. Like, the way Gege just killed him offscreen just like that, feels very disrespectful right? But in my opinion, it was very Gege-like.

What I mean by that is, I think, by now, it can be said that he likes to kill off the fans' most beloved characters, in the most brutal ways possible. It's like its a tradition at this point. He did the same with Junpei (Even MAPPA followed in Gege's footsteps, with the OP), Nanami, Nobara*, Amanai, and now Gojo.

I was also shocked at his death when I first read it, but now in retrospective, I think it was a clever choice, atleast to rile up the fanbase that is. Had there been a build up and then a double page spread of the "fatal attack", I don't think the fandom would have reacted as wildly as it did this time. Even though the way Sukuna won is being highly debated, I think this chapter will make sure that JJK remains a hot topic for a considerable amount of time.

I applaud him for having the guts to do his thing, without caring what the fans might think. That's one aspect an author SHOULD have. But yeah, RIP his twitter account and fan mail with dozens of death threats incoming. The same goes for me for stating my opinion I guess.

A spoiler regarding the classic Sherlock Holmes novels, below:

And like Conan Doyle, does Gege really hate Gojo? I wanna know the source on this. Did he say that somewhere in an interview, or is it implied?

P.S. Remember that scene where Yuji asks Sukuna for help to turn Junpei back to human, but he refuses, and then Mahito and Sukuna just laugh at him? Yeah, somebody put Gege in between the two.

The dude's most savage shonen author I have ever seen, and I respect him for it. Props to him, the plot now just got million times more interesting.

There are many questions arising from this chapter sure (like Gojo's dad, is Nobara alive, is Gojo really dead, what was Gojo seeing, etc...), but I'm hoping they'll either get answered when the full translations come out, or in the upcoming chapters.

*The way he offed Nobara was the most savage. He literally made the fandom laugh at her corpse. After she got knocked out, there was a small wholesome and funny sequence of the trio having fun and laughing together (Which to be honest, even I had giggle reading, and I hate myself for it), which was immediately followed by her lying on the floor dead. Yeah, you can NOW say that there is a high chance that she is not dead (Maybe more concretely so, after seeing the "afterlife"), but could you have said the same if you were reading the chapter at the same time it was released?

Anyways, RIP my inbox and the comment section under my profile I guess.
Bennet3214Sep 20, 2023 5:30 AM
Sep 20, 2023 5:30 AM

May 2013
Reply to CQLLIST
Started to lose my shit the fight was pretty awesome but the outcome is ???? I NOW have hopes for Nobara since she's not shown in the afterlife. I'm most wondering... why did they randomly brought up about Gojo's dad? Don't know if it's Myamura's translation being just a general interpretation.
CQLLIST said:
I NOW have hopes for Nobara since she's not shown in the afterlife

from what I understood he went to the time and place he was happiest, before all the shit went down. so to the airport for the okinawa back to tokyo trip, before they had to bring riko to tengen... meaning nobara isn't there cuz she was not there at the time? she'd be like, 5yo
but I support the delusion, i want to see my girl nobara back too

CQLLIST said:
I'm most wondering... why did they randomly brought up about Gojo's dad?

mistranslation, in fact he was speaking about toji, and how he never told megumi that it was him who killed toji. this will now be shoko's responsibility (if megumi ever realives, that is)
Sep 20, 2023 5:40 AM
Sep 2019
Gojo’s death mad sense & I expected it but Gege never really gives closure on people dying. He forgot about nobara and he will never really go into how gojo died. Offscreen when sukuna couldnt even do anything in the last chapter. Cutting the world doesnt make sense with bypassing infinity. But it’s hard to find a way to kill off someone with a power like that.

Sukuna not going all out is confusing: mans couldnt do anything last chapter but it still make sense. He hasnt used Chimera Shadow Garden, Yorozus gift, or the flame. Heck we still dont fully understand his true CT. We’ll see one of those used with Kashi

My question is:
What is the reasoning for gojo to dress like toji. Just random changes that arent explained but we good chapter nonetheless
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite side character? (I promise im not gege)

0megaH - 12 hours ago

23 by secondsalad »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 257 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Apr 17

77 by ReaperCreeper »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 258 Discussion

grim - Apr 24

27 by IzanaSolos »»
8 hours ago

» He doesn't know how to write ( 1 2 )

Nugi97 - Mar 23

50 by Miyamotodex23 »»
Yesterday, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 256 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Apr 3

56 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
Apr 23, 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.