Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2023 4:47 PM
Mar 2019
Zudarban was a rotten bad apple intent on letting the people destroy themselves to make money.
Romi & Com get to start over, something i'm sure they didn't want.
This was a surprise today to come across something so good, get it watched.
Sep 14, 2023 7:43 AM

Oct 2021
The anime ending is
. I guess the movie will adapt the original one.
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Jul 2010
Wow what a wild ride this show was lol enjoyed it.
Sep 17, 2023 8:28 AM
Aug 2020
i don't if i was really expecting more at the end...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 20, 2023 2:35 AM

Oct 2018
Zudarban really fucked the Eden people over but he also ended up dying amidst all that. Romi and Com back to the same situation where her and Cain were and have to start over again. The themes are quite straight forward and I'm looking forward to the alternative ending.
Sep 20, 2023 5:53 AM

Jul 2020
Never expected an unpopular 4-episodes ONA to have such a fascinating story. Definitely gotta check out the 2004 TV series next
Jan 7, 4:58 PM
Jun 2022
Reply to Inexplicable
Never expected an unpopular 4-episodes ONA to have such a fascinating story. Definitely gotta check out the 2004 TV series next
@Inexplicable Well, the original author of this story is the first modern mangaka, who basically invented both anime and manga as we know them. A true artist and genius if you ask me.
Feb 3, 8:32 AM
Jun 2008
This was a lot better than the rating and reviews suggested. Tezuka's narrative pacing can come off as weird by current standards, but his stories still out-punch most modern manga/anime.
Feb 4, 7:13 AM

Jan 2009
This was overall a quality watch with some plot points maybe too rushed and conveniently laid out (what are the chances that Romi finds Chihiro as soon as she landed on Earth, considering that only 13 kids were rated with a A+ DNA? Or how quickly she and Com became friends and decides to go to Earth, how they find Makimura while space traveling etc)

Aside from the above writing choices the overall art direction, animations, story and backgrounds are simply gorgeous. I read that a lot has been altered from the original source and I'm kinda tempted to read it now. The other anime adaptations are any good? The 13 ep series and the two ovas from the 80s?
Feb 4, 6:25 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to WhiteTestament
This was overall a quality watch with some plot points maybe too rushed and conveniently laid out (what are the chances that Romi finds Chihiro as soon as she landed on Earth, considering that only 13 kids were rated with a A+ DNA? Or how quickly she and Com became friends and decides to go to Earth, how they find Makimura while space traveling etc)

Aside from the above writing choices the overall art direction, animations, story and backgrounds are simply gorgeous. I read that a lot has been altered from the original source and I'm kinda tempted to read it now. The other anime adaptations are any good? The 13 ep series and the two ovas from the 80s?
@WhiteTestament
The 13 episodes are worth watching if you are interested.
Found it not long ago, and, was impressed.
Feb 11, 3:11 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to WhiteTestament

WhiteTestament said:
The other anime adaptations are any good? The 13 ep series and the two ovas from the 80s?

Most are rushed, but I like a few. In the TV anime, "Dawn" and "Strange Beings" received the most faithful adaptations. Of the three 80s anime, I think only "Uchuu-hen" is any good. Makimura is in that one.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2999/Hi_no_Tori__Yamato-hen
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2998/Hi_no_Tori__Uchuu-hen
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2997/Hi_no_Tori__Houou-hen
その目だれの目?
Feb 11, 7:59 PM

May 2019
Its was great anime IMHO, unfairly low rated. A lot better than the average trash we are used.

About the story itself, Romi is a disaster.

- Abandoned her only son while he was a kid because didnt want him to be alone after her death. Result, he would live alone all his life if wasnt for the horny metamorfo.

- Later, her son made a civilization, and she destroyed everything just because she was homesick.

- Now they are back to zero. But probably she cant be pregnant of a half-human, so Eden is doomed anyway.

At least she will raise Con until her death, fixing her first mistake.

More topics from this board

» wait what was the ending?

Hydroalbidius - Sep 15, 2023

10 by Sasuke149 »»
Jan 2, 11:36 AM

» Disney really put this up with closed captions the only option for subs

Jax - Oct 2, 2023

4 by Aminthesaiyan »»
Dec 16, 2023 10:48 AM

Poll: » Hi no Tori: Eden no Sora Episode 2 Discussion

bushman66 - Sep 13, 2023

4 by KikiFantaji »»
Sep 27, 2023 4:05 AM

Poll: » Hi no Tori: Eden no Sora Episode 1 Discussion

bushman66 - Sep 13, 2023

8 by KikiFantaji »»
Sep 27, 2023 3:17 AM

» Help me!!!!!

Jaaku_na_Neko - Sep 19, 2023

5 by Lucifrost »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.