Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2023 10:04 PM
Jan 2023
Luffy g5 kullanırken g3 kullandığını gösteren bir sahne yok büyümeyi g5 ile yapıyor amk toesi niye kafana göre sahne ekliyon
Aug 5, 2023 10:06 PM
May 2021
definitely a top 10 episode for me
Aug 5, 2023 10:08 PM
Mar 2016
THANK YOU GODA-SAMA!!
Aug 5, 2023 10:08 PM
Dec 2020
AMAZING EPISODE!!

i actually liked how 'goofy' it was because it quite literally embodied the sun god, nika's description. i think it was a great introduction episode for gear 5th! i watched it twice because it was just so good.
Aug 5, 2023 10:11 PM
Oct 2020
one of the greatest episodes of all time... One Piece did it again!
Aug 5, 2023 10:13 PM
Jun 2019
It was painfull to watch. I love One Piece, not Looney Tunes. These Bugs Bunny style sound effects are peak cringe. I feel so disapointed, specially after so much hype. I am really sad if this is the type of fights i will have to see from here forward.... Damn. Its depressing to see my favourite anime being butchered.
Aug 5, 2023 10:16 PM
Jul 2023
Trash episode.
If this is peak fiction I am afraid of what you guys consider bottom fiction.
Aug 5, 2023 10:21 PM
Jul 2023
DARKiOP said:
peak fictiion cant wait for the next ep

"Peak fiction" LMAO
When you crazy OP fans say this shit I laugh my ass more than Luffy's Gear 5
Aug 5, 2023 10:30 PM
Apr 2016
eu estava ansioso por esse episódio
Aug 5, 2023 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
Ravord2 said:
lmao they completely didn't know what to do with the animation
it's by far the weirdest and most inconsistent episode of one piece, I'm very disappointed
There is alot of anime only fans that just don't get the point of this episode lol. I mean that is to be expected with the radically different change in style. But essentially luffy has a power that where his imagination is his only limitation. Oda wanted to create a kind of a 4th wall breaking power up for luffy and that is exactly what he did. Not only is luffy able to harness the environments around him and turn pretty much anything into rubber, but he is also able to alter reality itself and turn things cartoony around him. You can say it’s probably one of the most broken powers in one piece at first glance but like everything there is certain weaknesses and drawbacks.  In the history of shonen, no author has ever been bold enough to do something like this and I think that is what makes it so unique, and it really encapsulates oda’s creativity and vision for creating a manga that is different then anything else and it also represents luffy to a tea. Everything about this transformation is Luffy personified. Being FREE to do what he wants well also liberating those who have been shackled by the corroption of this world. The warrior of Liberation which has been a predominent theme since the story first began. 
ArtimesGamerAug 5, 2023 10:37 PM

Aug 5, 2023 10:33 PM

May 2021
Episode was so amazing I had goosebumps.

“𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯’𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘴 “𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩”. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 “𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩” 𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦.” – 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘦
ʏᴀsᴜʜᴀ - ғʟʏᴅᴀʏ ᴄʜɪɴᴀᴛᴏᴡɴ

Aug 5, 2023 10:33 PM

Jul 2008
And there it is....let the Looney Tunes battle commence!
Aug 5, 2023 10:34 PM

Jan 2020
The 136 who voted for 1 gotta be AOT fans.
Aug 5, 2023 10:34 PM
Jan 2021
amazing been waiting to see g5 animated for so long it feels so natural for luffys fruit to behave this way. animation was insane they captured the manga perfectly!
Aug 5, 2023 10:36 PM
Feb 2017
Loved it , but i have one complaint that is that after so many years they added an ending song so i was hoping they would also add a new opening featuring Gear 5 , i even checked the opening in this episode for any gear 5 scenes.
Aug 5, 2023 10:41 PM
May 2020
just literally peak.
Aug 5, 2023 10:41 PM
Oct 2017
Amazing, best way to introduce and animate Gear 5. I'm not sure why everyone is saying the animation is goofy and is ruining the anime, that was the only way to make gear 5 look and feel as it is supposed to be. Top tier animation, the hype was deserved!
The only thing I disliked was the hyori part, I personally think this episode should be only for Luffy and G5.
Aug 5, 2023 10:43 PM

Jul 2019
Pangea_ said:
I say this as a huge One Piece fan. I cannot believe that I'm saying this, but this episode did not live up to the hype. I didn't even feel it was special like 1015 was, and its just not Ishitani's style to insert so many recaps and flashbacks into the her episodes.

Only the Gear 5 scenes were worth the hype, and one sequence of those was repeated too. I have a feeling that Ishitani only worked on the ED.
Ishitani did neither today´s episode, nor the ED. And considering the preview of next episode, she probably didnt do that one either. So yea, dont always believe the "Leakers" on twitter, they real inconsistent.
Aug 5, 2023 10:44 PM
Dec 2017
The hype was overrated imo
Aug 5, 2023 10:49 PM

Apr 2013
VP2003boi said:
Pangea_ said:
I say this as a huge One Piece fan. I cannot believe that I'm saying this, but this episode did not live up to the hype. I didn't even feel it was special like 1015 was, and its just not Ishitani's style to insert so many recaps and flashbacks into the her episodes.

Only the Gear 5 scenes were worth the hype, and one sequence of those was repeated too. I have a feeling that Ishitani only worked on the ED.
Ishitani did neither today´s episode, nor the ED. And considering the preview of next episode, she probably didnt do that one either. So yea, dont always believe the "Leakers" on twitter, they real inconsistent.
Tatsuya Nagamine is the one who directed fumbled today's episode.
Aug 5, 2023 10:52 PM
Mar 2022
PEAK PIECE
GEAR 5
SUN GOD NIKA
Aug 5, 2023 10:54 PM
May 2021
Exactly what I needed to start my day
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Aug 5, 2023 10:58 PM
Aug 2021
I dont have words... they went crazy on the animation... felt like some goofy 90s cartoon on ecstasy.
Aug 5, 2023 11:00 PM

Jul 2021
THIS IS PEAK FICTION
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Aug 5, 2023 11:01 PM
Dec 2017
just hope next episode will be good fight, and not cartoon animation
Aug 5, 2023 11:02 PM
Dec 2020
Scaryjo said:
This episode sucked. no clear animation. I wanted to see the fight and just got bright colors and poor animation quality. If anyone appreciates this episode i would be a firm believer that one piece fans have stockholm syndrome and cant even see faults in the anime. Very disappointing after having waited for so long for this episode. 

me when I don't know about animation:

there's no way you think this is poor animation quality
https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/233917
Aug 5, 2023 11:03 PM
Mar 2020
i am luffy character count
Aug 5, 2023 11:06 PM

Oct 2019
Loved the fight sequence near the end. Unfortunately, this episode (just like anything by Toei) had very poor pacing. 

Aug 5, 2023 11:08 PM
Apr 2022
VP2003boi said:
Pangea_ said:

ishitani is the director for the new OP visuals. Idk where anyone said that she is directing a new episode.
Aug 5, 2023 11:09 PM
Aug 2022
Monkey_D_Goku08 said:
Im still on Alabasta 💀

We’re rooting for you my boy
Aug 5, 2023 11:09 PM

Dec 2012
Man... that Orochi scene was slow as fuck
But the episode gave me chills... Finally after a year here's the perfect adaptation!

Aug 5, 2023 11:10 PM
Nov 2020
cool episode, but too much flashback
Aug 5, 2023 11:11 PM

May 2016
It was great but I guess manga did it a lot better I was waiting for something special but it didn't deliver to my expectations, these are my own thoughts you are free what to think.
Aug 5, 2023 11:14 PM

Oct 2019
Yes finally gear 5 is here but the first 14 minutes of this episode shows how the one piece anime loves to waste time with this character orochi who should have died 50 episodes ago and all the repeating animations we got the same animations like 4 times this is why i dislike this anime so much total waste of time every single episode with crap that is not relevant...
Aug 5, 2023 11:14 PM
Dec 2021
This may be a hot take, but I am not a huge fan of gear 5 so far. Don’t get me wrong, Luffy needed a power up, but in the fight against Kaido, I honestly didn’t enjoy it as much when kaido got drunk. He wasn’t serious anymore and it made the fight seem less intense and nail biting, which Luffy himself was also annoyed at. Then Luffy transforms and does the same thing. His giggles and laughs and the cartoon style take away from the seriousness of the battle. Although I am an anime only watcher (so far), so maybe in future battles he gets more serious which would make gear 5 so much better, but as it stands from my first impression it is just kind of off putting and annoying. Also, the cartoonish style is cool, but takes away from the immersion of the world and makes it seem more fake, but that isn’t as much of an issue to me then Luffy’s happy-go-lucky attitude in the middle of a serious fight. I know that his attitude is to show the difference in power that Luffy now has to Kaido, but those were just my thoughts and initial impressions on gear 5 thus far.
Aug 5, 2023 11:19 PM
Mar 2022
Its only the start of an amazing power up being animated
Aug 5, 2023 11:21 PM

Oct 2014
link9us said:
Ravord2 said:
lmao they completely didn't know what to do with the animation
it's by far the weirdest and most inconsistent episode of one piece, I'm very disappointed
There is alot of anime only fans that just don't get the point of this episode lol. I mean that is to be expected with the radically different change in style. But essentially luffy has a power that where his imagination is his only limitation. Oda wanted to create a kind of a 4th wall breaking power up for luffy and that is exactly what he did. Not only is luffy able to harness the environments around him and turn pretty much anything into rubber, but he is also able to alter reality itself and turn things cartoony around him. You can say it’s probably one of the most broken powers in one piece at first glance but like everything there is certain weaknesses and drawbacks.  In the history of shonen, no author has ever been bold enough to do something like this and I think that is what makes it so unique, and it really encapsulates oda’s creativity and vision for creating a manga that is different then anything else and it also represents luffy to a tea. Everything about this transformation is Luffy personified. Being FREE to do what he wants well also liberating those who have been shackled by the corroption of this world. The warrior of Liberation which has been a predominent theme since the story first began. 

that's not the point
the direction of most of this episode and especially the last few scenes is a complete unreadable mess, honestly I understood the manga panels far better than this, the anime should make it easier to tell what's going on, not harder
the other thing is that they were constantly using the same repeated scenes and CGI kaidou was somehow still a thing
this could have easily been avoided if they hadn't spent that much budget on pointless stuff like ground shaking and unnecessarily fluid facial expressions
I know there will be 4 or 5 episodes like this so they have to save up but holy shit, G5 is one of the most important moments in one piece and this episode does not do it justice
Aug 5, 2023 11:22 PM
Oct 2016
The final shot was everything I hoped for and more.
Aug 5, 2023 11:24 PM
Aug 2019
I DON'T WANT ONE PIECE TO END! IT'S REAL AND I WILL NOT DIE UNTIL I SEE THE DAY LUFFY BECOMES THE PIRATE KING! I WILL NOT DIE UNTIL I KNOW WHAT THE ONE PIECE IS! I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE ENDING OF ONE PIECE NOW. ONE DAY, BUT NOT NOW!
Aug 5, 2023 11:26 PM

Feb 2020
It was worth it. Truly Peak.
Aug 5, 2023 11:26 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit was this episode amazing. They actually delivered on all the hype of Gear 5. It was portrayed perfectly especially those toony and wacky scenes. Peak One piece!
The fight starts for real next week so I'm beyond excited being a mangareader!
I'm just so glad I am alive in this time to witness history being made. I literally have no words and I was smiling throughout the episode!
Also I really love the new ending , Sounds so catchy and has amazing visuals. A banger for sure!
Aug 5, 2023 11:27 PM
Jul 2023
Amazing ... can't wait for 1072
Aug 5, 2023 11:28 PM

Apr 2012
first time in my life that i watched a anime which turned into a cartoon
also 10 of the 15 mins was stalling.... actually less than the last 100 eps
i was going to give it a 1/10 but that would be boku no pico level and it wasnt THAT bad.... i was expecting some kind of filler episode cose u know, when something cool is about to happen, it doesnt
surely next episode for sure
Aug 5, 2023 11:29 PM
Jun 2023
Gear 5 to the moon. Best episodes ever. It will surely bring smile to any anime fans face.
Aug 5, 2023 11:31 PM

Oct 2018
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS LOOKS SOOOO AMAZING HOLY FUCKING SHIT BRO

Aug 5, 2023 11:33 PM

Oct 2021
Me sorprende la cantidad de gente que crítica el episodio, llevamos años y años esperando este momento, por fin llega así que toca disfrutarlo, simplemente me encanta, el episodio fue muy bueno y lo tuve que ver varias veces para poder evitar reírme tanto, estoy lleno de alegría, entonces ahora voy a estar muy animado y feliz esta semana, porque el siguiente cap va a estar muy bueno también, la animación es genial y muy buena, la escena de Oden fue muy emotiva, primera vez que los flashbacks me dan escalofríos.

El despertar de luffy, eh? Me dan escalofríos de felicidad con tan solo verlo, el manga fue simplemente leer y emocionarme, pero esto es algo totalmente distinto, siento que estuve dentro del episodio siendo parte de la alegría de Luffy.

Gracias One Piece por hacerme sentir esto por primera vez.
Aug 5, 2023 11:34 PM
Aug 2023
Good eps on one piece
Aug 5, 2023 11:35 PM
May 2022
Man it was a blast the best episode ever. The way kaido was pulled out of the castle makes me laugh still now man they are making iconic episodes.
Aug 5, 2023 11:35 PM
Dec 2021
GEAR 5 is finally here! Fight is about to get goofy.
Aug 5, 2023 11:36 PM

Jul 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:
VP2003boi said:
Tatsuya Nagamine is the one who directed fumbled today's episode.
Yea he was. Also, although i dont particulary love the episode myself, i just wanna say that one of the biggest reasons why one piece got such a glow up in wano in the first place, is exactly because nagamine became the director of the show, so, although im not saying you are doing that, do be careful to call nagamine "mid" or something, as if he wasnt here, one piece would have never have this type of quality.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 11 hours ago

24 by Nerdason »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kevin_video - Sep 19, 2009

131 by kevin_video »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

55 by YudiYusantoS »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 419 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kevin_video - Sep 26, 2009

108 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

10 by GudBoy »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.