Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2023 11:29 AM
Jul 2023
PERFECT ❤
BEST ANIME OF THE SEASON!!!!
Aug 3, 2023 11:31 AM
Jul 2023
deg said:
Yuki is sexy hot

and a world without curse spirits is possible eh

I would let her beat the crap out of me and thank her for that
Aug 3, 2023 11:35 AM
Aug 2019
VP2003boi said:
UriDaumCohen said:
honestly, the animation/directing was such a downgrade compared to all the other media this franchise has released so far.
This episode was not bad in any means, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth.
I really don't know what happened. frankly speaking, I am quite shocked.

hopefully, the next arc does not suffer the same treatment as this episode.
Ok im replying to you but its pretty much a reply to everyone else with this idea. 

In a way, i can get being disappointed by the animation, it is definitely very out there, do i think its bad in any way? No, not at all, its actually kinda amazing if you know how hard it is to make art with this much volume (and obviously the animation itself continues to be great) but still, it is very different from what we have had before, so i can (kinda) understand why someone would not enjoy it, as humans dont like change, be it good or bad, and art style is (mostly) subjective.

Now, what i dont understand is not liking the directing.... really? I just kinda wonder what type of directing people actually enjoy. Because, at least in this episode, the directing is some, if not all the right the best the show has had. In general s2 has been much, MUCH better in terms of directing than s1. Storyboards are way more ambitious, the editing is way more snappy, the aesthetic now looks much more realistic and doesnt at times look like poop colour. Again, this too is subjective, but good directing tends to be something i think everyone can see in a lot of different shows, so it shouldnt have this "shock" that for example the animation this episode might have in some. 

I agree that up until now season 2 had the best directing so far.
That being said, up until now the directing felt like a tool used to tell the story, but in this episode the story felt like a tool for the directing.
There was so much emphasis on shots where we see small frames of the scenery (bike, pencil, vending machine, etc...), it's as if the "aesthetic" was more important than the story/characters/emotions.
This whole episode I was distracted by how everything felt so small compared to the other episodes. Usually we get to see more shots of the characters from far away, and also what's behind them. In this episode, most of the shots are close ups of the characters' faces that seem to have no reason behind them.
I was also distracted by the music, which felt ill-fitted at times and too loud.
What bothered me the most was scene with the face off between Geto and Gojo. Although I can admit that the idea of the moving cars as a transition between shots of Geto and Gojo is cool, I did not understand the point of doing that because it adds nothing to the story. It also distracted me because of the amount of noise that was added to the scene. I just felt like the main emotional focus of the scene was pushed aside for "cool" editing and transitions.
Aug 3, 2023 11:46 AM

May 2020
we got to see yuki another special grade
gets decent into madness was pretty sad to see
it was good to see the main cast again at the end of the episode
cant wait for the next ep

Aug 3, 2023 11:46 AM
Jul 2023
ArrowPL said:
The old partner of nanami really reminded me of itadori. I think that was why gojo send itadori to nanami for training.
Btw the blond babe kinda helped created geto as the serial killer, clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Really cool that we are getting back to old trio but I like how we could learn more about side characters that we have seen in the show.
lmao she is probably one of the most intelligent people in the story but I guess u just glossed over  the whole conversation because how is she responsible to anything he does. she presented other options apart from his own but he chose the path he walked, not her.
Aug 3, 2023 11:48 AM
Nov 2016
This episode is a much more serious episode compared to previous ones in terms of narrative and this episode gets the lowest treatment. The close-up shots were meh and the distorted body of tsumiki was fun to look at as a meme. During the Geto and Gojo conversation around the 17mins mark, felt pretty underwhelming and emotionless. The voice actors did an excellent job but...
Anyway, I don't think I can expect Shibuya Arc to have better animation quality and soundtracks than Season 1. I think this anime should have come out a year or two later.
Aug 3, 2023 11:49 AM
Jul 2023

UriDaumCohen said:
VP2003boi said:
Ok im replying to you but its pretty much a reply to everyone else with this idea. 

In a way, i can get being disappointed by the animation, it is definitely very out there, do i think its bad in any way? No, not at all, its actually kinda amazing if you know how hard it is to make art with this much volume (and obviously the animation itself continues to be great) but still, it is very different from what we have had before, so i can (kinda) understand why someone would not enjoy it, as humans dont like change, be it good or bad, and art style is (mostly) subjective.

Now, what i dont understand is not liking the directing.... really? I just kinda wonder what type of directing people actually enjoy. Because, at least in this episode, the directing is some, if not all the right the best the show has had. In general s2 has been much, MUCH better in terms of directing than s1. Storyboards are way more ambitious, the editing is way more snappy, the aesthetic now looks much more realistic and doesnt at times look like poop colour. Again, this too is subjective, but good directing tends to be something i think everyone can see in a lot of different shows, so it shouldnt have this "shock" that for example the animation this episode might have in some. 

That being said, up until now the directing felt like a tool used to tell the story, but in this episode the story felt like a tool for the directing.
There was so much emphasis on shots where we see small frames of the scenery (bike, pencil, vending machine, etc...), it's as if the "aesthetic" was more important than the story/characters/emotions.
This whole episode I was distracted by how everything felt so small compared to the other episodes. Usually we get to see more shots of the characters from far away, and also what's behind them. In this episode, most of the shots are close ups of the characters' faces that seem to have no reason behind them.
I was also distracted by the music, which felt ill-fitted at times and too loud.
What bothered me the most was scene with the face off between Geto and Gojo. Although I can admit that the idea of the moving cars as a transition between shots of Geto and Gojo is cool, I did not understand the point of doing that because it adds nothing to the story. It also distracted me because of the amount of noise that was added to the scene. I just felt like the main emotional focus of the scene was pushed aside for "cool" editing and transitions.
an episode where showing a characters head space and emotional state is important has close up shots? no way! also what are u even talking about there were so many shots that were placed far away. if u are upset with the directing then maybe think about what the visuals are there to represent, the claustrophobic feel could be a reference to getos psyche at that time for example.
Aug 3, 2023 11:51 AM
Feb 2023
Fa5P said:
Confused_100 said:
Good episode, animation took a dive this time harder but understandable. However I wish ai don’t see these kinds of animation nosedives in shibuya arc especially.

Now the playing cards are on the table and everyone’s motives are more clear. Still hyped for Shibuya arc as I know it will break the internet.

you are acting like what you are saying is factual which is not in fact this is the best jjk as ever looked in terms of animation direction and art. I understand that somethings are subjective but its factual that the animation didnt take a nose dive as you said, how can you even say that when the episode was full of character acting with scenes like gojo playing with the pen, geto mudering the people in the village and geto's speech??? One thing is you not liking the animation another is saying its taken a nose dive and its the worst of this season. I am not trying to sound like a jerk or pretend to have absolute peak knowlegde about animation but it feels really disrespectfull to the staff to say that specifically when the majority of the work was done by two very young animators full of talent and that are considered by their piers in the animation scene to be the next big thing but whatever go off

Still frames and trying their best to hide even mouths is saying alot to me. I still love the season but I can’t help it when I see a nosedive in quality. Maybe it’s intentional like I said because it’s just a story episode basically.
Aug 3, 2023 11:56 AM
Nov 2019
Wow, looks like Getou came from the CSM universe…
Good épisode but man, the animation… kinda sucks (just because looks like CSM)

Great to see our trio
Aug 3, 2023 11:56 AM

Apr 2018
The monkey hater, Geto, has finally revealed his plan and changed his way of living. We've finally got to see Yuki again and also the last time we've get to see Haibara..
Aside from that, it's the episode where Geto and Gojo split ways and where everything changes. But, we're back to the present which is great.
Still gotta wait till 31 AUG..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 3, 2023 11:59 AM

Jul 2019
UriDaumCohen said:
VP2003boi said:

Oh ok ok. Although I still dont really agree with most of your points, i can definitely respect them now. The "it felt like a tool for the directing" is not something i agree as a whole, but thinking about i guess there were probably some scenes that did indeed felt like that. I personally dont mind it because good directing ideas are just things i really enjoy, but i definitely get someone not liking them now. Thanks for your insight.
Aug 3, 2023 12:04 PM

Nov 2019
Leysoh said:
i am absolutely BAFFLED to see THAT many posts criticizing the direction/animation of the current season. 
i SWEAR to god we have to ban people who know absolutely nothing about artistic choices and cinematography in anime from voicing their opinions again, i don't have to justify anything, those with a working pair of eyes will actually see the greatness that is season 2 in terms of pure visuals and direction
Oppressing people you don't agree with over smallest things is COOL!
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Aug 3, 2023 12:08 PM
Jan 2023
It gets more epic episode by episode
Aug 3, 2023 12:09 PM

Dec 2021
It's rather remarkable how many factors had to align for Geto to reach the point of becoming a mass murderer. Personally, even the mere thought of regularly ingesting something with such an unpleasant taste would drive me to madness.

It's quite astonishing to consider that at the beginning of this storyline, Gojo was already recognized as one of the most formidable Jujutsu sorcerers of his time. However, with our current knowledge, it's even more astounding to see the extent of Gojo's growth. He has mastered the Reverse Curse Technique, harnessed the power of Red and Purple Curses, enhanced his barrier to a perpetual state of awareness, perfected his Domain Expansion, and even unlocked the ability for long-distance teleportation. Undoubtedly, he has also accumulated a wealth of invaluable combat experience along the way.

Well that’s the end of the Hidden Inventory arc, which means the highly anticipated and hyped up arcs in new gens is upon us. The Shibuya Incident.

Aug 3, 2023 12:10 PM

Oct 2020
Loved the direction used for Geto’s decline. The clapping starting up in the background or even non-sorcerer’s voices getting muted to him when he meets the two girls that become his family.

Aug 3, 2023 12:14 PM
Apr 2021
Akihara_Jim said:
People on MAL really have weird animation takes. I never gonna take any of this seriously. The animation & direction is godly. Idk what you guys talking about

Yeah I agree, this place is full of trolls, how can someone truly believe this season and particularly this episode was trash or bad animated? lmao, everything was perfect, this 5th episode was the best one for me and I'm loving this second season more than first one under every aspect
Aug 3, 2023 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
Man this had to suck for both Geto and Gojo. So sad to see how things turned out.
Aug 3, 2023 12:17 PM
Jan 2022
loved seeing geto change
Aug 3, 2023 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
Leysoh said:
i am absolutely BAFFLED to see THAT many posts criticizing the direction/animation of the current season. 
i SWEAR to god we have to ban people who know absolutely nothing about artistic choices and cinematography in anime from voicing their opinions again, i don't have to justify anything, those with a working pair of eyes will actually see the greatness that is season 2 in terms of pure visuals and direction
Im also baffled that you think there is nothing wrong with the scene where Gojo confronts Geto. 
Aug 3, 2023 12:19 PM

Nov 2020
Great episode that conclude Gojo's flashback...
The sequencing was crazy, the meeting between Gojo and Geto in the street, this is pure cinema !

Aug 3, 2023 12:27 PM
Oct 2022
its pretty heavy and fully roller-coaster for me. if you felt the same way, let us cope together with this edit:

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLCCPyt7/
Aug 3, 2023 12:29 PM
Apr 2020
The shower sounded like clapping. The rain sounded like clapping
Aug 3, 2023 12:32 PM
Jan 2020
Man are these people real the episode is the best jjk has ever looked and they are saying it's bad these shonen fans are really braindead
Aug 3, 2023 12:33 PM

Apr 2020
Ki11grave said:
Leysoh said:
Oppressing people you don't agree with over smallest things is COOL!
yeah, i don't even care anymore, ima gaslight these people to make them believe they are the problem and that they are objectively wrong

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 12:35 PM
Jun 2023
Im going to cry in my sleep
Aug 3, 2023 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
getou is such an interesting character. his development makes so much sense and gives him so much dimensionality. i loved getting to know him, honestly. this episode was the best in this flashback arc imo
Aug 3, 2023 12:37 PM
May 2020
first time crying over a jjk ep i cannot do this anymore !!
Aug 3, 2023 12:41 PM
Jan 2020
one of the best arcs that i ever see
Aug 3, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2021
I recently watched episode 5 and it had some serious issues when it came to animation and sound. The animation was choppy and didn't flow well, making it difficult to follow the action on screen. The characters often looked stiff and unnatural, which took away from the overall experience of the show.
Aug 3, 2023 12:45 PM
Jul 2023
Confused_100 said:
Fa5P said:

you are acting like what you are saying is factual which is not in fact this is the best jjk as ever looked in terms of animation direction and art. I understand that somethings are subjective but its factual that the animation didnt take a nose dive as you said, how can you even say that when the episode was full of character acting with scenes like gojo playing with the pen, geto mudering the people in the village and geto's speech??? One thing is you not liking the animation another is saying its taken a nose dive and its the worst of this season. I am not trying to sound like a jerk or pretend to have absolute peak knowlegde about animation but it feels really disrespectfull to the staff to say that specifically when the majority of the work was done by two very young animators full of talent and that are considered by their piers in the animation scene to be the next big thing but whatever go off

Still frames and trying their best to hide even mouths is saying alot to me. I still love the season but I can’t help it when I see a nosedive in quality. Maybe it’s intentional like I said because it’s just a story episode basically.
did u see the part where Gojo was talking to Yaga? they did accurate mouth  movement for the specific things said?? also I recommend u rewatch the episode because its almost always moving and personally I can't find a moment where a character is completely still in the entire episode, everything has so much movement its insane.
Aug 3, 2023 12:46 PM
Jul 2023
I finally understand Geto, and I kinda agree with him...Like, it's only now that we understand why he did all of that, and the explanation is quite comprehensive: he suffered, he don't want to anymore, so he is gonna create a world without suffering for his kind. Understandable and quite noble...A great antagonist
Aug 3, 2023 12:48 PM
Feb 2021
now that we got to see it all from geto‘s pov are his actions more understandable to me. I don’t suppose it, but I can see where he’s coming from. sad to know that this was the last episode with him :(

gojo‘s pure disbelief was really hard to take. I liked the episode but it’s unfortunately the worst till now. the bg music for the big conversation between gojo and geto was trash and didn’t suit the vibe at all, and the animation was okay.. I wished for it to be more emotional like the previous episodes.

still a good arc with iconic fights, likable characters and cute moments!
Aug 3, 2023 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
Extremists like Geto never make sense. What % of world population are JJ sorcerers? I would assume less than 1%? Imagine advocating for deaths of 99% world population to create an "utopia" that will very likely be similarly unjust, unequal and corrupt due to human nature, but now everyone knows magic... Like, instead of vaccinating people to stop the spread of disease, let's kill all who can't/won't be vaccinated.
Aug 3, 2023 12:49 PM
Aug 2020
Another great episode, sometimes you have to do bad to do good
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 3, 2023 12:49 PM

Feb 2022
Nice episode, Goodbye Hidden inventory arc ....
and at the last we finally get to see this trio
Aug 3, 2023 12:54 PM

Mar 2020
Looks like we're done with the past and we are going to the present next episode. My love for Getou keeps getting bigger, I can't hate him, how can I hate him 😭 Getou's last words to Gojou was so good, I find it so smart whoever thought of it. Gojou said that it is meaningless cause technically Getou can't kill all non-jujutsu people cause he is not strong enough to do something like that, but Gojou can do that, so if Getou becomes Gojou then that wouldn't be "meaningless" anymore. The build up is amazing, I thought when Getou said it in the movie that it just means that he is not strong as Gojou so his words and action is considered wrong and not important, and people wouldn't take his side because he's not Gojou, but it turns out to be something far more meaningful than I originally thought. This series is amazing, it never stops to amaze me, also Geto taking care of the two little girls' moments is so wholesome. He's not a villain, he was forced to become one. My heart pain for Getou 😢
Aug 3, 2023 12:55 PM

Jun 2017
This episode is an audio-visual disaster.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Aug 3, 2023 12:58 PM
Dec 2020
I understand Geto's POV but aside from being straight up dumb it's extremely fast paced, ik it takes about 1 year in jjk universe for him to fully support the idea of eradicating every non-sorcerer, but he was still about 50% against the idea in this episode itself.
I hope good we'll get good pacing in the next arc
Aug 3, 2023 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
Gojo's dynamic with Geto is always beautiful to see.

Does it need a reason?
Aug 3, 2023 1:01 PM
Apr 2023
It was emotional with a great soundtrack and a perfect animation in all the episodes of tuis arc
Aug 3, 2023 1:03 PM
Apr 2022
So that's it for this arc.. It was really good.
Now we understand why Geto does the things he does and someone also emphasizes with him.

In the next episode it is time for Itadori-tachi.
Personally I am excited to see them with the new animation
Aug 3, 2023 1:04 PM

Jan 2011
No new episode for a bit. That sucks but happy the staff is getting a chance to take a break. I hope there is a break.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 3, 2023 1:04 PM
Aug 2023
Animation is pretty mid. This episode was pretty boring visually, but did have some important plot points.
Aug 3, 2023 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
This episode had a lot of cuts that look really rough, prolly because of bad schedule and not on purpose
still like it more than 1st season since the direction/storyboards actually look interesting

I'm not gonna defend the crowds tho
omg did they look bad
Aug 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Jul 2022
+ Kenjiro Tsuda´s voice
+ Haibara (another good guy bites the dust)
+ finally we saw Geto change and it was done well, you could really feel his depression, confusion and hopelessness
+ Megumi and the gang
+ THE GANG

- it was a bit too much for just one episode
- Haibara died and it was almost unnoticeable
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Aug 3, 2023 1:13 PM
Sep 2020
Confused_100 said:
Fa5P said:

bur there is no nose dive dude stop being stubborn god dammit... there were very few still shots and in a non-action episode is much more normal and digestable to have them so I really dont see a problem. And mouths?? Are we really going that deep?? Then once again I want to say that there were brilliant moments with character acting with animators using the mouth to convey more emotion in the characters.
I want to reiterate that you can have your subjective opinion on the episode but the comment about the animation is objectively wrong because you are basically putting down what is the most stylised episode of season 2 until now so each time the team go "out of the mold" (which unfortunately many already trash for it being less detailed) you will shit on their work???
Aug 3, 2023 1:15 PM
Sep 2020
Dmoneh said:
Animation is pretty mid. This episode was pretty boring visually, but did have some important plot points.

your definition of mid is pretty mid in of itself
Aug 3, 2023 1:15 PM

Apr 2020
DreadfulControl said:
This episode is an audio-visual disaster.
how can you say that when you have ping pong, one of the most visually-experimental anime in your favorites maaan i don't understand people sometimes

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 1:16 PM

Apr 2021
DreadfulControl said:
This episode is an audio-visual masterpiece.

Fixed it for you. No need to thank me.
Aug 3, 2023 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
This episode quite literally changed everything. Now we know why Geto and Gojo are enemies. Geto set to eliminate all who aren't Jujustu Sorcerers. Crazy!!!
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

530 by zomtastic »»
Today, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

610 by Fiorno »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 21, 2023

242 by DoisacChopper »»
Yesterday, 4:44 PM

» I just love how Gojo edits have evolved (may contain spoilers)

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 20

15 by -starryskies- »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

550 by Artemis076 »»
Apr 25, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.