Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 10:08 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay, so Taichi becomes half-douche-like because he's the only one with a crest. He pressures Greymon to evolve. Greymon ends up turning into SkullGreymon. (Bad.) He acts crazy and tries to blast everything and everyone. Taichi feels bad at the end.

~Alright, now I understand how Taichi felt because he's the only one with a crest BUT, he shouldn't have pressured Agumon so much >:3

Aug 8, 2010 9:57 AM
Aug 2009
Argumon changed back to Koromon and Tai really is an idiot.
May 22, 2011 7:18 AM

Feb 2010
Skullgreymon cleaned up the floor.
Jun 20, 2013 9:03 PM
Oct 2010
skullgreymon ftw
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 10, 2014 12:56 AM
Mar 2013
KingCez said:
skullgreymon ftw
Totally agree! He's the best part of this arc so far. I like how they introduced the concept of forced evolution by putting yourself in danger.
May 12, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
(rewatching the english dub for childhood nostalgia) wow they didn't even TRY to make koromon's voice actor the same as before haha
Aug 30, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2014
Skullgreymon wow!
Jun 15, 2015 5:19 AM

Mar 2015
Haha that other greymon shit himself when he saw skullgreymon.

Also, Tai is a douche. That is all
Aug 3, 2015 1:14 PM

Jul 2015
Surprisingly sad episode
That explains why you had to make mistakes to be able to get SkullGreymon on Digimon World 1.
Jun 10, 2016 10:11 AM

Feb 2013
Taichi was annoying.
Jan 29, 2017 3:33 PM

Dec 2010
I loved this episode. Definitely one of the most meaningful episodes out there.

The whole incident shows that you can not put too much pressure on someone if he is not able to do something. It often ends up really bad for him and for you. Sometimes you need to wait and be patient.

I really liked that good Agumon/Greymon digivolved to an awful monster. This shows us some variety and is pretty interesting. There are some bad digimons out there and this could be a reason. They are probably fulfilled with bad emotions.
Nov 4, 2017 3:13 PM

Nov 2015
Great ep really. I hope Tai learned something here.
Dec 24, 2019 4:25 PM

May 2008
Great episode.

1) It seems like there's no real rhyme nor reason for where they can find his Crests. I'm not sure how I like it, but it's nifty. Especially since I don't think they're going to evolve in the same order.

2) Koushirou mentions Taichi in club activities. I had thought he was only into soccer (something I don't think Koushirou watches), but I have to wonder if Taichi participates in other clubs.
I don't think so, but it does makes me curious since it's the only clue so far that maybe the younger/older kids knew each other before summer camp.

3) Sora on the same soccer team as Taichi! Maybe it's because it's just a club, but never have I seen females and males on the same team; it's cool (despite knowing the reality).

4) Noticed Yamato's face in one scene. I wonder if this is the second block to him disliking Taichi as a leader.

5) Taichi's hair. Is it held up by his headband/goggles or is it the sweat causing it droop?

6) Taichi. I like how he's perceived by Sora and Koushirou compared to how he actually thinks. It's a nice way to show that secretly Taichi is a bit selfish, not just reckless. This will be the second time he'll have that this realization; I wonder if they'll connect it to the second.

7) Skullgreymon. I love the idea that there's such a thing as forced evolution. Before they had no control of it, but now they do for the basic evo, suggests inner emotions is what drives evolution. On top of that, Koushirou says the same thing I did before about evolution triggers and I feel so proud for putting it together, lol. So, energy is needed to do evolution physically, but emotions drive evolution mentally.

8) Why did they run into the goal? That was dumb and made no sense.

9)

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 2, 2020 3:37 AM
Oct 2, 2020 3:00 AM

Dec 2012
Walking in the desert.
Etemon.
Taichi stuffing Agumon.
Taichi was nice to the younger members.
Dat soccer club flashback. Sora scored. Nice.
Jo's tag is lighting up.
Jo tripped over the dark network.
Dat coliseum.
Agumon wants to sleep.
A soccer ball.
Sora showing off her skills. Nice.
Dat kick by Taichi.
A trap.
Tentomon got shocked.
A Greymon.
Dat theme. Greymon.
Greymon vs Greymon.
Brave Heart got cut short.
Greymon getting stomped.
Dat Mega Burp.
Fake Greymon doing wrestling moves on Greymon now. LMAO
Marching fishes!
WTF! How did they come out from there? They can fly? LOL at Gomamon not getting the complicated stuff.
A rift in another dimension?

And this was a learning lesson to not force things. This is growth for the MC. With that said... SkullGreymon is a beast.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 11, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2009
poor Agumon
getting forced to eat so much just bcos he is the only one with crest/upgrade :/
getting beat due to overeating
getting out of control when the crest finally activates
and turn into a baby again after final evolution D:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.