Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 22, 2010 1:06 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

It looks like anime is more into HijikataxChizuru.
tsubasaloverMay 22, 2010 1:34 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 22, 2010 1:38 PM

Jun 2009
Except from some reaction that i expected to see but didn't, I rly enjoy it, X3 Okita finally lets his hair down and ask chizuru about his hair style too XD. He took Toshi's hair scene too lol but i'm not complaining. >.< They didn't include Saito's Staring mode, xDD what a shame!!

May 22, 2010 5:23 PM

Nov 2009
Sound good. Looking forward to watch episode.... * o +..
May 22, 2010 11:39 PM

Jul 2008
Chizuru was cute, but I wish they'd give us more action and more info about the oni and Chizuru's father and so forth. It's one uneventful episode after another, and I keep watching because I'm a Shinesengumi fan.
May 23, 2010 1:52 AM

Oct 2008
LOVED it!!! it was rather confusing as a fan of the game a they mixed "two" visits to Shimabala into one, but i really, really enjoyed it! X3 especially the moment of quiet that Hijikata got on his own X3

I also quite enjoyed the fact they showed sano fighting before Shimabala, as that scene was only talked about in the game, so it made it clearer as to what they were referring to X3 all in all, can't wait for next week!!!!

"scary thing is oni instinct''
May 23, 2010 2:41 AM
Jun 2008
Shizuru damn cute when he is blushing while wearing Kimono ^^
May 23, 2010 11:23 AM

Jun 2008
just now finished the downloading :3 i will watch it at night !! it looks a good episode ~
May 23, 2010 12:17 PM

May 2010
I just finished watching the raw. Even though I wasn't able to understand most of it, I still got the gist of it. Darn my being born Chinese instead of Japanese! D:<

But damn, I was still a little disappointed. I liked the part where they had fun getting together, and dressing Chizuru up as a woman, but still! This anime is moving too slowly. Only 4 episodes left, so the last 4 are probably going to be really rushed.
May 25, 2010 2:25 AM

Oct 2008
-GundamCrazy- said:
LOVED it!!! it was rather confusing as a fan of the game a they mixed "two" visits to Shimabala into one, but i really, really enjoyed it! X3 especially the moment of quiet that Hijikata got on his own X3

I also quite enjoyed the fact they showed sano fighting before Shimabala, as that scene was only talked about in the game, so it made it clearer as to what they were referring to X3 all in all, can't wait for next week!!!!

watched the raw as usual , and have to say that this is an awesome show . . Love every episode . And its surprising to see , someone say this episode was uneventful . . .
May 27, 2010 3:36 AM

Jun 2009
Chizuru look so cute and better in girl form:D
Nice episode, I kinda enjoy it. Wanna know more about Kaoru:)

Can't wait for next episode^^

May 27, 2010 4:26 AM

Aug 2007
with 4 episodes left i expect the ending to be super rushed and poorly paced ]:

May 27, 2010 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
vertrag said:

Agreed. There seems to be a lot they have to cover within the span of 4 episodes. Hopefully, it doesn't turn into a mess at the end o_0
May 27, 2010 1:28 PM

May 2009
I'm even more convinced that Sen should be a female lead here, instead of dull Chizuru. At least we'd got some action sooner. It's nice to see that Shinsengumi guys care for Chizuru more now~

I don't support Hijikata x Chizuru so much .___. Hijikata is waaay too serious, his level of seriousness surpasses even Saitou, in the anime more than in the game.

Another new girl, Himigiku, she's super sexy. Basically everyone makes a better female lead than Chizuru, even her twin trap brother.

lol @ Sano. Honestly this anime needs more action, whether it's fighting or romance.
May 27, 2010 2:02 PM

Jan 2010
It was a nice episode and everything, but I just know the ending is going to be super rushed or it'll make absolutely no sense. .-.
May 27, 2010 2:44 PM

May 2010
Greaaatt!! Funny!! Shimabala! Yatta ne, Chizuru-chan! Even make Heisuke spills out his sake and Shinpachi drops his food hahaha >.<

Saitou still with his poker-face! Cool
*keep me always remember my friend succesfully cosplayed as bishounen Saitou yesterday ^o^*

Ooh that Kaoru! Whose side is he really on? Wonder how Chizuru will face him later

**captured and edited by yuuya ryuichi crosszeria**

May 27, 2010 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
Chizuru was absolutely stunning. I'm just wondering why none of the guys whisked her away... especially Hijikata. He has some serious issues.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2010 6:03 PM

Dec 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Chizuru was absolutely stunning. I'm just wondering why none of the guys whisked her away... especially Hijikata. He has some serious issues.

Yes, there's no reason for her to keep dressing her as a guy. Even if Chizuru's shy, she has to like the reactions she got.

As for the story line... it doesn't really build momentum. Just when something interesting starts to happen, they leave it and go in a different direction. It's very strange.
May 27, 2010 7:00 PM

Feb 2009
Those guys are very, very, nice to not have taken advantage of Chizuru and blame it on the alcohol...

Only 4 eps left, so I can tell that the next four will contain endless information, but I hope we still have time for some more ChizuruxHijikata romance too!

May 27, 2010 7:24 PM
Feb 2010
bubble said:
Chizuru was cute, but I wish they'd give us more action and more info about the oni and Chizuru's father and so forth. It's one uneventful episode after another, and I keep watching because I'm a Shinesengumi fan.

ilikeyouevenmore said:
Yes, there's no reason for her to keep dressing her as a guy. Even if Chizuru's shy, she has to like the reactions she got.

As for the story line... it doesn't really build momentum. Just when something interesting starts to happen, they leave it and go in a different direction. It's very strange.

Agreed. It's like they throw in one event but jumps off to another happening w/o fully explaining it all. Then a while later expand on it again then jump off again.

I only watch it cos it overall is quite good, although the story isn't lol.
May 27, 2010 10:36 PM

Jul 2009
Chizuru was absolutely beautiful... I didn't care for the other events this episode has. xD

5/5
May 27, 2010 11:10 PM
Jun 2009
beautiful episode...the scenes were nice and chizuru was gorgeous..now i really wish the series is at least 24 episodes long..i mean the romance is just about to build up and its already nearing the finale..TT
and the scenes with okita are nice yet melancholic..
May 28, 2010 3:21 AM

May 2008
I loved everyone's expression seeing Chizuru dressed up, but I expected something more from Hijikata. He wasn't even surprised.
I hope they don't screw up the end withing this 4 episodes~~
May 28, 2010 4:59 AM

Feb 2009

*mega-hyper-nosebleed*

I haven't read the manga so I don't know where the anime plot is going. I haven't even noticed one. As someone said, every time we get some action it suddenly stops and we get to see the boringness. But I do hope they will at least tell us who Chizuru is going to end up with.
DarcyD said:
Those guys are very, very, nice to not have taken advantage of Chizuru and blame it on the alcohol...

Aren't they? Foe a moment I even expected something to happen, but those guys would probably not make a move even if she was naked.

Also, if someone would be so nice to answer me. Is that a horned hand?

FriscoMay 29, 2010 3:08 AM
May 28, 2010 5:13 AM
Mar 2010
What's happening? is this anime based on a game? oo
May 28, 2010 5:30 AM

May 2010
Faitasi said:

I haven't read the manga so I don't know where the anime plot is going. I haven't even noticed one. As someone said, every time we get some action it suddenly stops and we get to see the boringness. But I do hope they will at least tell us who Chizuru is going to end up with.
DarcyD said:

Aren't they? Foe a moment I even expected something to happen, but those guys would probably not make a move even if she was naked.
Also, if someone would be so nice to answer me. Is that a horned hand?

Uh, the anime isn't based on the manga at all.

FoxInTheBox said:
What's happening? is this anime based on a game? oo

The anime and manga are both based on the otome game.

I just wish this anime was longer! I love the otome game, and I'd just hate for the anime to end up as a total mess. ): For those who haven't played the otome game, I encourage you to. It's absolutely amazing<3
BrokenGlassDollsMay 28, 2010 5:34 AM
May 28, 2010 5:45 AM

Jul 2009
really like tis ep XD but wondering why they love to skip the days like,6 months hv passed and so on,it makes me feel like so much time had passed wif us knowing so little
May 28, 2010 8:44 AM

Dec 2007
I wonder how they'll wrap it up in 4 episodes.

Cool episode, though a little slow.

Chizuru dressed up as a girl is fucking awesome.
May 28, 2010 10:32 AM

Sep 2009
damn, Chizuru was a godess!...actually seeing her in girl's clothes made the whole ep for me XD

and yes, the series is based on the hakuouki franchise...also if you don't want to play the game, but wanna find out more info, then read Hakuouki Jurenka. It only has 2 chapters, so it won't take that long to read through it.
InariusMay 28, 2010 10:40 AM
May 28, 2010 3:19 PM

May 2010
Inarius said:
damn, Chizuru was a godess!...actually seeing her in girl's clothes made the whole ep for me XD

and yes, the series is based on the hakuouki franchise...also if you don't want to play the game, but wanna find out more info, then read Hakuouki Jurenka. It only has 2 chapters, so it won't take that long to read through it.

I thought it had 12 chapters? o.O
May 28, 2010 6:43 PM

Aug 2008
Another episode to eat food to while watching because things go in such a predictable manner. We're at the home stretch, so I suppose things will amp up next week.
May 28, 2010 10:48 PM

Oct 2009
Haha I didnt expect Okita to respect Kondo to the extent of copying the latter's hairstyle XD
May 29, 2010 4:01 AM

Sep 2009
BrokenGlassDolls said:

Not the manga, I was talking about the novel :P
May 29, 2010 9:45 AM

May 2010
Vongole said:
Haha I didnt expect Okita to respect Kondo to the extent of copying the latter's hairstyle XD

If you play the game, you'll see that Okita practically loves Kondou. xD

Inarius said:
BrokenGlassDolls said:

Not the manga, I was talking about the novel :P

They have a novel?
o.o
I didn't know that... xD
May 29, 2010 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode, Chizuru looked really good dressed up!
May 30, 2010 5:12 AM

Jun 2009
BrokenGlassDolls said:
But damn, I was still a little disappointed. I liked the part where they had fun getting together, and dressing Chizuru up as a woman, but still! This anime is moving too slowly. Only 4 episodes left, so the last 4 are probably going to be really rushed.

While watching it I was thinking the same!
I liked this episode.^^
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
May 30, 2010 3:06 PM
May 2010
Chizuru was super beauty
i think Hijikata Surprised but he hide his Reaction
May 30, 2010 5:38 PM

Nov 2007
LMFAO "SANO'S BELLY SKIT" i was expecting them to elaborate a little on that, but it was pretty funny anyway. i loved sano in this episode. ;3;

fffff okita being too adorable as always. ;////;
May 30, 2010 7:25 PM

May 2009
Enjoyable episode. One of those bittersweet ones since you get the feeling that nothing but bloodshed awaits. Chizuru was beautiful yet a bit awkward since she seemed so uncomfortable. Loved the guys' reactions though. Yeah, they were stunned.

I've not played the game, read the novel or the manga (wow so much material lol) and wasn't happy about being spoiled about a certain character's gender. Please add some spoiler tags pertaining to anything that's yet to be revealed in the anime.
May 30, 2010 10:50 PM

May 2010
ArcticMech said:
Enjoyable episode. One of those bittersweet ones since you get the feeling that nothing but bloodshed awaits. Chizuru was beautiful yet a bit awkward since she seemed so uncomfortable. Loved the guys' reactions though. Yeah, they were stunned.

I've not played the game, read the novel or the manga (wow so much material lol) and wasn't happy about being spoiled about a certain character's gender. Please add some spoiler tags pertaining to anything that's yet to be revealed in the anime.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about the spoiler thing as well, since most people don't know the general plot of Hakuouki.

However, I doubt that the anime will reveal information as far as that, seeing as there is only 3 episodes left. Pretty sad. I hope that there's going to be at least another season..
May 30, 2010 10:56 PM
Oct 2007
EnkoKasumi said:

Darn it. Don't spoil it for other people!! Urgh.
May 31, 2010 9:47 AM

May 2009
Annisa said:
EnkoKasumi said:

Darn it. Don't spoil it for other people!! Urgh.

I wasn't the only person that discussed Kaoru, as you can see in previous posts, so get off my back.
May 31, 2010 10:57 AM

Oct 2008
vertrag said:

nah . Don't see that happening . . . This anime is great . And i'm sure its gonna have an awesome ending . .
May 31, 2010 12:08 PM

Apr 2010
Seriously.. how is everything suppose to end when there's only 4 episodes left?
This anime is progressing too slowly..

Dang. I read the spoiler. xD

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 31, 2010 5:34 PM

Jan 2008
The ending was amazingly good but the rest of the episode...I hated the girly chat at the beginning.

Why is Chizuru dressing like a man and wearing katana- she in not using it anyways. I think any skilled swordsman could tell she is a woman just by observing her moves.

I am more and more afraid of how they are going to end this story in just 4 episodes.
Jun 2, 2010 12:53 AM

Mar 2009
Sano's belly skit omfg xD Haha Shinsengumi is really fun ! xD
And i didnt expect that Chizuru would be this beautiful. *-*
When boys saw her, their expressions was hilarious x) Hijikata didnt seem be influenced though :d
Jun 7, 2010 5:49 AM

Jun 2009
Amazing a relaxing episode.. before the real battle begin
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 7, 2010 4:01 PM

Jul 2008
looks like if chizuru wanted she could have her own harem now
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 9, 2010 12:13 PM

May 2008
Hot damn Chizuru looks really hot with all that make up and crap done to her..as Shinpachi said, 'what a babe'.

Jun 9, 2010 3:04 PM

Apr 2009
Lol that was so boring xP
But worth it for Hijikata's "I get that a lot". Now that's something I didn't expect him to say xD
I facepalmed so much at the obligatory "dress her up as a girl and then gawk like an idiot" scene. Seriously, so much.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 13, 2010 1:45 AM

Mar 2009
8 eps and it's like nothing important ever happened.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

» * SPOIL * Am I the only one who want Chizuru dead ????

Ibuki-Ryunosuke - Sep 29, 2014

18 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Jan 4, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2010

155 by GerardoElMagias »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.