Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2023 12:32 AM

Jan 2009
english dub is out first eh cool

the animation or visuals in general are amazing i hope the TV series will be the same so Fate Grand Order Babylonia will be dethroned as the best looking Fate TV anime

plus the music or OST by Sawano are great again

wow Gilgamesh vs Enkidu is epic

degJul 2, 2023 12:48 AM
Jul 2, 2023 1:07 AM
May 2021
deg said:
english dub is out first eh cool

the animation or visuals in general are amazing i hope the TV series will be the same so Fate Grand Order Babylonia will be dethroned as the best looking Fate TV anime

plus the music or OST by Sawano are great again

wow Gilgamesh vs Enkidu is epic

I mean... Best looking episodes of Babylonia like Episode 7, 11 and 18 were literally made by the same staffs who made this.
CloverWork is the beloved child of A-1 Pictures after all.
Jul 2, 2023 1:31 AM

Apr 2016
I remember reading the beginning of this, and as the first volume has had a very strong start, does this special has one as well. A lot of exposition, new but also familiar characters (Gray, Zelretch ...), basic and quick explanations of what is the Grail War, what is a Servant and so on.

And all that crowned by the opening duel of Gilgamesh and Enkidu (WITH SUPER MEGA ULTRA CRINGE OST IN THE BACKROUND THAT TARGETS ZOOMERS), that as one would expect was what the budget is here for. 

Now, as i actually read past the first volume (not like many people) i keep my expectations in check, because as strong as this starts, it does not keep that pace for long, but hey, maybe the staff manages to make sense of the convoluted mess this turns into later on.

Not to mention that in no way thisll be a full adaptation.

deg said:
so Fate Grand Order Babylonia will be dethroned as the best looking Fate TV anime
Can you please show me the celebration event where this award was given ? I must have missed it.
SwagernatorJul 2, 2023 5:50 AM
Jul 2, 2023 1:37 AM
Jan 2023
I heard that a tv series will be out is this the first ep or different?
Jul 2, 2023 2:08 AM
Mar 2022
Nicolas_Rudra said:
I heard that a tv series will be out is this the first ep or different?

This is basically the prologue so yeah
Jul 2, 2023 2:10 AM
Feb 2021
Is this a prologue with a guaranteed show coming or is it all we have for now with the hope for a show.
Jul 2, 2023 2:19 AM
May 2020
zaza1234 said:
Is this a prologue with a guaranteed show coming or is it all we have for now with the hope for a show.

nah tv anime was announced ryt after the prologue was showcased at the expo
Jul 2, 2023 2:27 AM
May 2021
does anyone know when the Japanese dub will come out
Jul 2, 2023 2:47 AM
Feb 2021
BIIIGPP6969 said:
zaza1234 said:

Do you know when it comes out?
Jul 2, 2023 3:24 AM

Jan 2009
Swagernator said:
deg said:
so Fate Grand Order Babylonia will be dethroned as the best looking Fate TV anime

Can you please show me the celebration event where this award was given ? I must have missed it.

do i always have to add imo in the end? or are you just trying to be toxic again?

anyway its not partially an opinion too considering the exceptional production due to the talented staff behind it https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/10/02/fates-grand-industry-event-a-primer-on-fgo-babylonias-exceptional-production/

@kset280

i know
Jul 2, 2023 3:59 AM

May 2020
I’ve read a few volumes before but then stopped. So knew what we were getting into, and yes the start… atleast the first few minutes didn’t disappoint. 

Though instead of getting into the context first, about the Holy Grail War and the American setting, they welcomed us with the presence of the edgelord we all love… Gilgamesh. Based as ever, he still doesn’t give an ounce of respect to his summoner aka master lol. Not like it was even needed in this case though, I mean that little girl Tine came and just like that the chapter of that old man who summoned the king of heroes came to close lmaoo. So yeah, Gilgamesh again has arrived at the onset of another Holy Grail War. 

Back to the main man, Faldeus, the perpetrator of this “FALSE” Holy Grail War, dude just like an american, brutalised the old man Rohngall with fucking guns. Now he’s someone new, whom we don’t really know about, but that’s just for most of the characters in this series. I said “most”, as there are still few familiar faces, and familiar sights. Clock Tower and Waver being one of them, and his disciple Flat too.

Though hey, talking about Waver and Flat. I still loved that huge misunderstanding lol. When Waver unintentionally permitted Flat to go to America and even to partake in holy grail war. Now he's a master too, and of a berserker class servant… Jack the Ripper. Loved their conversations though. I mean Flat is such a kid after all.

Screen time for Jester, Tsubaki and Orlando as well, I mean they did get their minimum basic as it was in the first volume, and of the servants they summoned as well. Need to watch out for Rider though, and hey that gothic loli too. By the way I fucking loved that badass music intro of Orlando. 

To the main things now, Gilgamesh vs Enkidu. I mean leaving aside how Enkidu was summoned and that master, the inevitable clash was full of class… and I daresay they did the justice to the highlight of the first volume. Old friends they are, and that was an OVERWHELMING REUNION lol. Though that’s it for the action part in this episode, the action part full of charisma that is. Fucking loved the music, and of course the rare sight of Gilgamesh’s genuine smile. Not to mention the animation. 

They kind of adapted the whole of first volume in this episode, except the
part in full extent and to be honest it didn’t feel rushed, if my memory is serving right. Just keep the top-notch quality up and the TV series itself will be something like scenery too. Can’t wait now. 

Just to summarise,

Tine -> Archer -> Gilgamesh
Silver Wolf -> Lancer -> Enkidu
Flat -> Berserker -> Jack the Ripper
Orlando -> Caster 
Jester -> Assassin 
Tsubaki -> Rider 

Enuma Elish/10 
Jul 2, 2023 4:54 AM

Jul 2021
Funny how the English dub of this came out before the Sub. Dub has truly come a long way
But Is it so hard to get British people to voice British characters though? like in Black Butler and Princess Principal.
Jul 2, 2023 4:56 AM

Apr 2016
Cestlavie_ said:
Funny how the English dub of this came out before the Sub. Dub has truly come a long way
But Is it so hard to get British people to voice British characters though?  like in Black Butler and Princess Principal.
Not really, the reason for it is because this special world premiered at the anime expo.

You can't possibly expect american anime dudes dressed in girly clothes to watch it subbed there.
Jul 2, 2023 5:01 AM

Jul 2021
Swagernator said:
Cestlavie_ said:
But Is it so hard to get British people to voice British characters though?  like in Black Butler and Princess Principal.
Not really, the reason for it is because this special world premiered at the anime expo.

You can't possibly expect american anime dudes dressed in girly clothes to watch it subbed there.

Really? that's interesting to know.
Jul 2, 2023 5:03 AM

Apr 2020
I know nothing of this new fate but I really enjoyed what I saw.
Made me want to watch the TV series when it's out.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 2, 2023 5:15 AM

Jan 2021
That was incredible. 

Can't wait for the series, this certainly shaping up to be one of the best Fate series. I really liked all the servants, Jack the Ripper finally got justice with a much cooler concept(no offense to Assassin Jack but Berserker Jack is way more interesting). Enkidu vs Gilgamesh was awesome. Can't wait to see where the series goes. 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Jul 2, 2023 5:26 AM
May 2020
Sam5702 said:
BIIIGPP6969 said:

Do you know when it comes out?

nope, they only revealed tht a series was in the works. theres nothing else confirmed other than A-1 Pictures is animating it.
Jul 2, 2023 5:41 AM

Jan 2021
Rip_Oecuf said:
I can't decide if I should watch this or not
For who saw this special did they give any introduction to this world, powers and everything necessary? Or I have to go and watch fate zero or UBW?

There's a snapping explanation at the beginning. So you won't be too lost. I started with a side series myself and it not too difficult to understand the basis of the world, the rules. I will say the show does feature a few plot threads from other shows.

But I say if your interested give it a watch. Its best to watch what peeks your interest and go from there.

[/center]
Jul 2, 2023 5:43 AM
Nov 2019
Loved it! Honestly cant wait for the TV series to come out
Jul 2, 2023 6:07 AM
Apr 2022
AnimePedestrian said:
Rip_Oecuf said:
I can't decide if I should watch this or not
For who saw this special did they give any introduction to this world, powers and everything necessary? Or I have to go and watch fate zero or UBW?

There's a snapping explanation at the beginning. So you won't be too lost. I started with a side series myself and it not too difficult to understand the basis of the world, the rules. I will say the show does feature a few plot threads from other shows.

But I say if your interested give it a watch. Its best to watch what peeks your interest and go from there.
thx I have decided to watch this. It will also be the 100th anime on my list.
Jul 2, 2023 6:17 AM
Jan 2018
The dub is out before sub? Bruh what
Jul 2, 2023 6:29 AM

Jan 2021
Rip_Oecuf said:
AnimePedestrian said:

thx I have decided to watch this. It will also be the 100th anime on my list.

Oh great to here, by the way you realise...

It not really. For me it one of the easier series to watch/play as it basically broken up into bite sizes chunks. Kind of like Gundam or Star Wars (Old EU).

[/center]
Jul 2, 2023 6:30 AM

Jan 2021
Yuuki-Manaka said:
The dub is out before sub? Bruh what

I think it was simulcast... so the dub for the western fans and I imagine the original Japanese on the channel being advertise in all the promotions.  

[/center]
Jul 2, 2023 6:52 AM

May 2019
This Was Absolutely Incredible
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 2, 2023 7:00 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, pretty strong start. Here's to hoping the main series will retain the same level of quality. 
Jul 2, 2023 7:01 AM
Nov 2016
Was hyped for the dub release.

Now I'm itching to get called Zasshu in JP dub and him laughing at my incompetence...

Though it was funny when Gil and Tine was walking from the cave, it looks like toys or something.

Phasing was good.. Even a friend i just dragged to watch this not knowing anything about Fate was itching for more.
Jul 2, 2023 7:49 AM

Feb 2021
I feel like I'm gonna get grilled for saying this, but that was kind of boring tbh. It has gripping start and incredible ending don't get me wrong, but everything sandwiched in between is weak. Yes I know this is only the prologue and a tv series has been announced, nothing can be done. The characters though, oof, you have the polite one, crazy one, cunning one, naive one, insolent one (dead) and... a dog(?) which makes it hard for me to believe there's more to them than that one different trait each of them possesses. I hope I'm wrong. 

I didn't like Flat in Apocrypha and I sure don't like him here. He is voiced by Matsuoka with that type of voice to boot.  He's a master of Berserker and with what Jack says about him, I feel like Flat is going to go crazy sooner or later. 

That being said, I hear good things from LN readers and it seems this is adapted in a good way, so I will believe them. 

As a fate fan I feel a bit bad for doing this, but I give it a 7/10. 

ps. the hip hop music or whatever that shit was is fucking garbage. Who thought that was a good idea? 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 2, 2023 8:17 AM
Aug 2022
How delusional are fate fans? This one was beyond bad
Jul 2, 2023 8:30 AM

Aug 2019
Barrage of gun fire going off as the United States is mentioned was hilarious

Strange choice to use BGM with lyrics over dialogue

Jul 2, 2023 8:37 AM

Jan 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
I feel like I'm gonna get grilled for saying this, but that was kind of boring tbh. It has gripping start and incredible ending don't get me wrong, but everything sandwiched in between is weak. Yes I know this is only the prologue and a tv series has been announced, nothing can be done. The characters though, oof, you have the polite one, crazy one, cunning one, naive one, insolent one (dead) and... a dog(?) which makes it hard for me to believe there's more to them than that one different trait each of them possesses. I hope I'm wrong. 

I didn't like Flat in Apocrypha and I sure don't like him here. He is voiced by Matsuoka with that type of voice to boot.  He's a master of Berserker and with what Jack says about him, I feel like Flat is going to go crazy sooner or later. 

That being said, I hear good things from LN readers and it seems this is adapted in a good way, so I will believe them. 

As a fate fan I feel a bit bad for doing this, but I give it a 7/10. 

ps. the hip hop music or whatever that shit was is fucking garbage. Who thought that was a good idea? 

I went into this expecting a prologue going in, as I'd read on here and on other forums that Babylonia and Unlimited Blade Works did a similar thing with a special to kick start the series. So I didn't mind it being a slower episode, explaining the rules, introducing key characters. In fact that always been one of my favourite parts of Fate. The slow opening of Zero and UBW also gets some heat, but I never really minded them as to have a good story you need to lay the ground work. I enjoyed the Flat and Jack dialogue, I got Waver and Iskandar vibes with a few differences such as Jack wanting to know who he really is. 

I imagine the next episodes will expanded the cast to the True Masters and Servants. 

Ps. I thought the hip hop was cool, it gave me Gurren Lagann vibes with all the rapping that show had in it. 

[/center]
Jul 2, 2023 8:53 AM

Jan 2017
I've read some of the manga, not the LN, so I have a very vague idea of what to expect but this special was still very enjoyable. Really am a fan of the art here and can't wait for some of the servants we see later on in the series. 
Jul 2, 2023 9:36 AM
Apr 2022
What a great way to start a series. Holy!!!
They even gave some brief introduction to the holy grail war and what is it about.
This really made me look forward to upcoming tv series.
That whole final sequence was sick as fuck.
Jul 2, 2023 9:42 AM

Jan 2017
My expectations were high but damn! A1 can really deliver when they want! Beyond the hype!

Also when we are getting another Rang Up for Gil NP in FGO? After this, he definitely needs one more!
Jul 2, 2023 9:57 AM

Jan 2009
Good prologue.

The atmosphere, tone and writing feels more similar to Fate/Zero than others Fates... this could turn out to be really good. I can see how newcomers would feel confused and bored with all the lingo and terms being thrown around with not much being explained.

Definitely would recommend to watch others fate series than to start with this one, whenever it will airs.
Jul 2, 2023 9:57 AM

Mar 2017
Hype was around the same level as the New Year's version, which is to say real good. What caught my attention more was how expressive it was. On the characters it was evident, but the fast cuts and varying artstyles really gave life to what would otherwise be boring dialogue.

Only have surface level knowledge on Nasuverse lore but Zelretch at Ayaka at the end is really making me want to dig deeper.

Also Grey cameo.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jul 2, 2023 10:13 AM
May 2018
I'm mostly an anime only Fate consumer and idk this one felt strange (pun intended). I know it's a prologue but the pacing was all over the place and the character introductions were not very enthralling, as someone else mentioned a lot of the new ones seemed pretty one-dimensional. Obviously there is a whole series following this to flush them out, but I just feel like the overall quality, both story and production-wise, pales in comparison to the UBW prologue from 2014.
Jul 2, 2023 10:16 AM
Feb 2020
Gilgamesh is back!
Jul 2, 2023 10:23 AM

May 2018
"the animation or visuals in general are amazing"

Naaah. The story-boarding was fun, for example Francesca doing acrobatics on the desk, but the actual animation was pretty meh.
The story comes interesting tho - some fun twists and behind the scene plans and manipulations. I hope they develop it into a good series.
Jul 2, 2023 10:54 AM
May 2021
S tier animation bro 🔥🔥🔥, every detail, visual was so dam good. Loved it man + the soundtracks. All characters are also looking fun this time, 10/10 bro. Waiting for the anime episode series
Jul 2, 2023 11:08 AM

Jul 2011
Of course the US government have a occult section that have a beef with a British organization.

A British boy with a knife talking to himself, and the Servant is Jack the Ripper. Sound so wrong but so right for these days.

3 sex offenders, no wonder A1 was into it while animating.

Only 2 Masters and 2 Servants matters. Tiné/Gilgamesh and Chimera/Enkidu. The rest I don't care, except the new girl Master that I don't really know, other than she having books and be in the hallway.
Jul 2, 2023 11:20 AM

Nov 2019
Those guys have some insane aim! I know it's just a normal word, but the "Yorokobe" from Gilgamesh seemed like a nice cheeky reference there.
"It's only anime if it's animated."
Jul 2, 2023 11:47 AM
Mar 2022
Gilgamesh is the bone of his sword goddamn 🔥🔥
Jul 2, 2023 12:16 PM

Jun 2014
This was pretty good, I'm definitely looking forward to the TV series now. Gil vs. Enkidu was hype and I liked the darker atmosphere of this one. Wasn't too fond of some of the background music choices though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 2, 2023 12:48 PM

Oct 2017
This is wayyyy too good. Gives me FZ level of hype and goosebump. 
Haven't being this hype about a fate series ever since FZ.

WHY IS THIS ONLY ONE EPISODE PROLOGUE!???
Please give this a full adaptation, i beg of you, you cant just end here!  It's a sin!
Jul 2, 2023 12:50 PM
Jul 2015
This felt more like a proof of concept than anything else to be honest. It's got my intrigue for the tv anime, but not much more than that.
Sawano is also an interesting choice. Definitely different from the usual music. Not sure what to think of that yet.
Jul 2, 2023 12:55 PM

Feb 2019
A-1… I have no words. With the time and resources they are the best studio in the industry and it’s not even particularly close. This was some of the best animation and cinematography I’ve ever seen.

Great introduction to the lore and world of strange/fake and really serves as a good proof of concept project for a full TV anime which we know is coming.

We only got brief teases of big fights, but they were amazing in the short time they lasted. The Enkidu and Gil one in particular being an absolute spectacle. The motion animation in general was incredible too. That shot of Faldeus running thru the forest with the beam overhead being another one of my faves.

Ever since the Sawano PV for the Light Novel dropped back in 2020, I’ve been hoping he’d be in charge of the OST. We got it and it was perfection. I hope he’s on the TV anime series as well because there’s no better composer on earth than him.
Marinate1016Jul 2, 2023 1:00 PM
Jul 2, 2023 2:13 PM
Jul 2015
ITS FINALLY HAPPENING LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 2, 2023 2:45 PM
May 2023
Banger this episode was lit
Jul 2, 2023 3:27 PM

Apr 2009
Compared to ufotable it was very average. The animation and style changed in like every scene. Some scenes had missing shadows on the characters. Some scenes looked amazing others looked bad. There was zero consistency. The passing and plot were just people talking without any story happening. Just random mumbling you can skip and it will do nothing to the story. 
And excuse me, a wolf as a master? What were they smoking? If the dog wins is he gonna wish for infinite tennis balls?
Jul 2, 2023 3:33 PM

Nov 2015
I'm not really into this whole Nasu-verse thing and to me Fate Zero is peak Fate , this has hyped me as much as Fate Zero did , if not more.

I really need more right now , but alright A-1 Studio , I know you are the best studio when we give you time so take your time , please don't turn out like Fate/Apocrypha tho
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How is this connected to Fate/Zero?

Kinoberg - Jul 10, 2023

30 by salad77 »»
Oct 24, 2023 6:14 PM

» Ruler class

youchl - Jul 17, 2023

5 by SteelingMax »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Ive only seen Fate Zero both seasons

RimuruTari - Sep 4, 2023

13 by SteelingMax »»
Sep 24, 2023 12:28 AM

» I am completely lost

Mathi786 - Sep 7, 2023

7 by Mathi786 »»
Sep 8, 2023 6:12 AM

» Help Me Please

isolated-otaku - Aug 14, 2023

15 by The_Bad_Shah »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.