Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Jul 5, 2023 7:23 PM
Apr 2018
gaahhhh damn

this is awesome, let's hope for a season 2 and 3 and 4 and who knows
Jul 7, 2023 3:30 PM
Dec 2022
the ending... wtff..
Jul 9, 2023 12:03 AM

Oct 2008
This show was fkd up on some berserk level. But I think the story is full circle with it's explanations. 7 out of 10 for me because that psychological shit fkd me up.

Jul 9, 2023 4:15 PM
Aug 2022
Very cringe. 

Goodbye Haruki, sweet innocent boy. I'm done with the identity crap with survival background. 
If I wanted to watch BL, I'd watch it. This is just trickery.
Jul 9, 2023 6:27 PM
Apr 2020
Great episode, strong ending can't wait for next season!
Jul 10, 2023 3:34 PM
Aug 2018
Does someone know name of song / music at episode 13 on minute 7:00? When maru sneak in and beat that guys at entrance?
Jul 11, 2023 4:01 AM
Jul 2023
its been a month but im still in shock, its been a long time since i felt this empty from a series i thought was your average 2023 goofy copy past anime ,i felt even more broken after watching lore videos about the kids and who became who ,i feel like this was such a strong impact on me because its underrated as hell and so people didnt spoil it in Instagram/ tiktok
ima cry if this doesn't get a 2nd season
Jul 11, 2023 7:34 AM
Jul 2019
The heroine in this story is a Bitch
Jul 14, 2023 9:51 AM
Dec 2020
so excited for the next season, there is gotta be one!!
Jul 14, 2023 8:25 PM
Mar 2023
most of the stuff flew over my head and the comments would put me back on track.
Jul 15, 2023 7:03 AM
May 2017
The episode was pretty good, but I have to say that Robin didn't go to the place he deserved in the afterlife made me a little bummed. I wish Maru had thrown more than just a few punches. Robin wasn't supposed to come to a peaceful end, that's all.
Jul 15, 2023 4:53 PM
Oct 2021
i like it i just wish its was longer
i will wait 2nd season
Jul 16, 2023 3:35 AM

Oct 2008
This one felt like some old school anime that they don't make anymore.

And I loved it.
Jul 16, 2023 6:45 AM
May 2020
Incredible final episode, which has left me wanting to read the manga. What Maru said to Kiruko is precious. And Shiro kept his word to the end, since he got that button, he never let go... I adore you <3 A spectacular anime!
Jul 16, 2023 8:29 AM
Oct 2020
could have been better
Jul 16, 2023 8:36 AM
Aug 2021
Damn, I feel like the rape scene was completely unnecessary... fuck Robin, all my homies hate Robin. Mature should've been there to save the day but he didn't want to intrude on the reunion. Fuck. FUCK.

Looking at Tokio's babies, the one that was kept from Tokio is probably Maru. I have a strong hunch that we are seeing two timelines 15 years apart - this was further solidified for me when we saw an actual city at the end.
Jul 16, 2023 5:37 PM
Aug 2020
Tenho esperança de que esse anime avance pra uma nova temporada, foi muito bacana o desenvolvimento e queria ver como que tudo vai ficar, um romance diferente do habitual, eu realmente achei incrível.
Jul 18, 2023 5:18 PM

Mar 2015
After all that, how could you even still forgive Robin? I really don't get it, he should've died right there and then. 

Only four children made it outside, I wonder what happened to the rest, especially Tokio. And apparently Usami is Shiro.. 

There's still a lot of things yet to be uncovered, so now to wait for season 2. 

Jul 19, 2023 6:42 PM

Dec 2016
I have zero clue what happend half the time, but I can say that this one of the best anime to come out this season.
Jul 20, 2023 12:36 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What-- I guess a second season would be needed, but dang I don't know if I'd follow a second season. I kinda found out all I wanted to find out, to be honest. Overall, this was a pretty okay anime. It's not quite a survival anime, so I was happy the main characters/kids at the school weren't just getting killed left and right or something kinda-- I'm not fond of that type of thing, so that's good. Not bad, but not something I'll go out of my way to recommend to folks unless they happen to be asking for something similar.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 20, 2023 1:51 PM

Nov 2007
Swiggy said:
What-- I guess a second season would be needed, but dang I don't know if I'd follow a second season. I kinda found out all I wanted to find out, to be honest. Overall, this was a pretty okay anime. It's not quite a survival anime, so I was happy the main characters/kids at the school weren't just getting killed left and right or something kinda-- I'm not fond of that type of thing, so that's good. Not bad, but not something I'll go out of my way to recommend to folks unless they happen to be asking for something similar.

It's one of those stories thats get better on a reread but I agree that this is... somewhat hard to recommend. I've had to properly warn people about the episode 12 plot and some opted to skip it the show entirely due to that.

Jul 20, 2023 11:21 PM
Oct 2022
Disappointing, the last episode convinced me not to bother with the series even if it gets another season. Not only does it feel like barely anything got answered or wrapped up this season but how the rape was handled felt incredibly cheap. I don't mind sexual assault being used in stories but if there's no impact to it then what's the point of doing something so edgy? The scenes were intense but by the end of the episode it's "I can't stay depressed forever!" and then they drive off to fun, new adventures.

The show was an interesting and entertaining ride but it's left me feeling unfulfilled 6/10 .
Jul 22, 2023 5:24 AM
Jul 2020
Even though this anime was confusing and all ,there was still some intriguing parts .I await for the next season 🙇🏽‍♀️
Jul 23, 2023 5:54 PM

Nov 2008
Fuck fuck fuck
Jul 25, 2023 1:19 PM
Mar 2020
whaaaa incroyable
Jul 25, 2023 9:04 PM

Dec 2018
just what the hell is going on in this world there is seriously too many questions left unanswered.
Jul 27, 2023 4:36 PM

May 2016
Episode was pretty decent and good thing she overcome it quite fast.
Looking forward to season 2
Jul 28, 2023 1:08 AM

Mar 2019
id been thinking that maybe the two stories are taking place in separate time periods and the ending makes me think thats even more of a possibility now. kind of upset i watched this so soon because there probably wont be a season 2 for a while and i really suck at watching things far apart, i have bad memory and its just not the same starting something i love after its been so long. but i also hate re watching things 
Jul 28, 2023 1:47 AM

Apr 2021
soniciscool1 said:
but i also hate re watching things
There's a lot of rewards rewatching / rereading this story, since there are many details and foreshadowing that you can't possibly get in a single path.
It's actually one of the biggest pleasure of this show / manga: to slowly uncover many suggested links and pieces of information in order to have a fuller understanding of the whole story.
Jul 28, 2023 2:02 AM

Mar 2019
rvdboom said:
soniciscool1 said:
but i also hate re watching things
There's a lot of rewards rewatching / rereading this story, since there are many details and foreshadowing that you can't possibly get in a single path.
It's actually one of the biggest pleasure of this show / manga: to slowly uncover many suggested links and pieces of information in order to have a fuller understanding of the whole story.
dont get me wrong i do love things like that but i have such a bad attention span when ive seen something before, unless im showing it to someone i really care about but im not close to anybody who would wanna watch. i am genuinely thinking about reading the manga though, which is not somethin i do often
Jul 28, 2023 7:17 AM
Jul 2020
ohh so the doctor and the dying patient was Shiro and Mimihime.. I just figured out that the promised-neverland-facility scenes were all in the past.
Jul 29, 2023 10:10 PM

Jun 2007
Gotta be honest I am a bit disappointed by the facility plot.
They teased the awakening of the children to their rather obvious conclusion for half the season and then it just goes nowhere.
Yeah sure Tokio has something happening to her but that's about it.
That was pretty "meh".
Especially since the Asura stuff was teased quite a bit.

Also the reaction to the rape was also quite "oh well that happened .... anyway the show must go on".
Quite weird tbh.

DoctorWeeb said:
Last 2 episodes have been quite controversial. I'm not a big fan of that forced rape scene in E12. It did nothing plot wise and could be replaced with something less disgusting and much more intriguing. The way they did Robin is disappointing. For some reason he became just a one dimensional villain guy obsessed with sex. Even if you are a psychopath, even if you haven't been laid last couple years. Can you imagine meeting an old friend/buddy and first thing you do is tie him and rape him. Also he is basically raping a 10yo boy and somehow it's okay to show because he is in a body of his sister?

Masakazu Ishiguro's interest in kids is a little concerning. Other than that I enjoyed this season. I would love to see more of Maru's and Kiriko's adventures without kids kissing or being raped.

Not so fun fact: Rape is always forced.

And of course it did something plot wise: Robin is a rapist, Robin raped the sister all the way back when they lived at the Orphanage.
That's just what it is and the brothers brain is slowly catching up to that fact.

Lot's of media in the world is about or includes rape as a plot point. Why not this series?
I also don't know what you watched but the rape wasn't shown, this isn't "Redo of a psycho mangaka".
Jul 30, 2023 2:18 AM
Dec 2012
well Robin needed to have worst faith then what he got...but excited to see what the new season holds.
Side note-Actually rooting for Maru x Kiruko(romance). Peace.
Jul 30, 2023 1:03 PM
May 2021
Really a great series, I finished it in less than a week and enjoyed every bit of it…
…except for the finale.

It seemed to me that has been given very very few time and importance to the Robin plot.

I mean, it’s one of the drives that motivates mostly the journey of the protagonist, and then, with WHAT happens, in less than 10 minutes of screen time everything dissolves and come back to normality, yeeeah, let’s trip again! Smh, even Maru, after going Berserk, in the next scene acts so dumb and embarrassed and declares himself to Kiruko.

Aaaaaw, so cute, except for the fact that it’s like the third time he did that and Kiruko has been raped for 2 days consecutively by the man he searched for 5 entire years. Ok makes sense.

I mean, idk, a 8.5/10 series that (just for my personal opinion) became a scarce 8/10 for the lack of realness and accurate development of the plot that characterised 12 entire episodes.
Jul 30, 2023 3:56 PM
Apr 2018
Kill that Motherfucker Maru
Jul 30, 2023 4:36 PM
Aug 2022
Tyon said:
Gotta be honest I am a bit disappointed by the facility plot.
They teased the awakening of the children to their rather obvious conclusion for half the season and then it just goes nowhere.
Yeah sure Tokio has something happening to her but that's about it.
That was pretty "meh".
Especially since the Asura stuff was teased quite a bit.

Also the reaction to the rape was also quite "oh well that happened .... anyway the show must go on".
Quite weird tbh.

DoctorWeeb said:
Last 2 episodes have been quite controversial. I'm not a big fan of that forced rape scene in E12. It did nothing plot wise and could be replaced with something less disgusting and much more intriguing. The way they did Robin is disappointing. For some reason he became just a one dimensional villain guy obsessed with sex. Even if you are a psychopath, even if you haven't been laid last couple years. Can you imagine meeting an old friend/buddy and first thing you do is tie him and rape him. Also he is basically raping a 10yo boy and somehow it's okay to show because he is in a body of his sister?

Masakazu Ishiguro's interest in kids is a little concerning. Other than that I enjoyed this season. I would love to see more of Maru's and Kiriko's adventures without kids kissing or being raped.

Not so fun fact: Rape is always forced.

And of course it did something plot wise: Robin is a rapist, Robin raped the sister all the way back when they lived at the Orphanage.
That's just what it is and the brothers brain is slowly catching up to that fact.

Lot's of media in the world is about or includes rape as a plot point. Why not this series?
I also don't know what you watched but the rape wasn't shown, this isn't "Redo of a psycho mangaka".
When I wrote "forced rape scene" it was meant as "the scene was forced and didn't make much sense".
Robin is a rapist but that story arc went absolutely nowhere and it was poorly written in my humble opinion. I don't remember anything being said about Robin raping the sister in the past.
Before we meet Robin in the present he is presented as an interesting believable character who takes care of his orphanage gang. But instead of a smart evil psychopath we got a 2 brain cells villain who somehow is almost a doctor yet he can't plan two steps ahead. He imprisons Kiruko right at the place he works, everyone knows that she is there. He risks everything, his reputation, freedom and livelihood just to get a sex slave. And when Maru meets Robin the latter just runs away like a low budget blockbuster villain.

Rape is a big thing to include anywhere. Not because "oH mY gOd iT's RaPe" but because it drastically impacts all characters. Here it did absolutely nothing. Even you wrote that they just glossed over it.
Despite "Redo of a Healer" getting bad rep, rape there absolutely is a crucial part of a story and made a big impact on the protagonist.
Jul 30, 2023 7:26 PM

Jan 2016
I had a weird feeling about Robin. Kiruko being so obsessed with him just made me feel so anxious, unfortunately, that anxiety was well-founded. I wonder what the story is about the spider in the room. This show was fantastic. Really looking forward to the second season hopefully. Honestly Maru and Kiruko's relationships is nice to see develop.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Jul 30, 2023 10:52 PM

Apr 2021
DoctorWeeb said:
Rape is a big thing to include anywhere. Not because "oH mY gOd iT's RaPe" but because it drastically impacts all characters. Here it did absolutely nothing. Even you wrote that they just glossed over it.
There are discussions about this all over internet. Check for instance that article on Reddit that explain why the Kiruko's response to this event is totally realistic : https://www.reddit.com/r/HeavenlyDelusion/comments/14g29nq/kirukos_response_clearing_misconceptions/
On top of that, it's obvious from the beginning that that's the way the two kids cope with terrible events: they just move forward very quickly. They've seen a several people get killed and eaten by man-eater, Maru had to kill a woman he barely knew while being 15, they saw a man commit suicide to join her in death.
And don't forget this is still an ongoing story. There is an impact on Kiruko. Maybe not the cliché drama people expect, but a real impact.
As for the riverside scene, you missed the important part of this scene: it's not that Maru confess again, it's that he tells Kiruko that's she's a new person, not Haruki anymore, and she accepts it. That's the meaning of the last image of Haruki's photograph floating on the water: she's finally leaving him behind.
Aug 1, 2023 10:40 AM

Oct 2013
nice twist to the story, and a friggin' cliffhanger

8/10 enjoyable nonetheless
Aug 1, 2023 3:55 PM
Jul 2023
this anime still has me confused at the ending.
Aug 2, 2023 12:45 PM

Feb 2014
So they really had to add Rape+NTR shit vibe.

I was kinda of fearing/expecting that Robin would turn out to be shit, but I really was wishing that this plot twist wouldn´t turn out to be true, but unfornutely it did and I am suddenly very dissapointed. Suddenly felt like about 10 episodes went to waste =/ And ngl, if that was all about Robin´s  "arc"/story that was a very lame/shit plot twist. 

Anyway, I feel like there are a few plot holes, maybe they will explain in the future or maybe I didn´t get it? For example... about Asura. She suddenly "I think I know my purpose" and went to hang herself and that was it. What was that? Why that? What is her story? 

This anime also really did give Promised Neverland vibe xD Maybe it´s an alternative universe xD 

In general a wtf of a ride, 8/10
TechOtakuAug 2, 2023 12:57 PM
Aug 4, 2023 12:52 PM
Aug 2021
Really cool premises and vague or subtle links between parts of stories. Some of the segments are great (Dr Usami), some of the parts are pure bruh moments.
Its definitely a "cool story bro" anime, and something that makes the minds explode.
Aug 12, 2023 2:33 PM
Nov 2019
Great watch, characters are nice and so is the story. Some great moments like doctor usami(if I remember correctly) ones, mystery element was very good. But even after completing whole season, I felt like I rarely know anything which is quite interesting in its own way, hope season 2 will come. 7/10
Aug 12, 2023 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
DoctorWeeb said:

Mangaka has a fetish for rape and NTR. There's more unnecessary rape of younger children in the manga. Just ruins the characters in my opinion. Same as with second half of "Usagi Drop". No taste because mangaka figured out to ruin manga with his inserted fetishes. Keep them in your doujins...
Aug 12, 2023 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
Voidophile said:
Disappointing, the last episode convinced me not to bother with the series even if it gets another season. Not only does it feel like barely anything got answered or wrapped up this season but how the rape was handled felt incredibly cheap. I don't mind sexual assault being used in stories but if there's no impact to it then what's the point of doing something so edgy? The scenes were intense but by the end of the episode it's "I can't stay depressed forever!" and then they drive off to fun, new adventures.

The show was an interesting and entertaining ride but it's left me feeling unfulfilled 6/10 .
That's the thing. It happens and never mentioned in manga anymore. In fact, it happens to even younger children we follow for no reason. To shock viewers seeing likeable characters being raped?? Anything else could've been used to show trauma, but nop... let's get r*** by soime old dudes... At this point, it's just mangakas fantasies/fetishes.

100% Kiruko was impregnated, then mangaka will play "pregnancy" to make the fact it happened more noticeable, he'll tease Maru showing his wannabe "girlfriend" being not just raped by some dude, but also, impregnated. Then mangaka will make some BS story how baby is a monster/mutant trying to fit into his random story that's all over the place.

Poor Maru... He meets second waifu and she gets r**** by some old dude too...
removed-userAug 12, 2023 10:47 PM
Aug 13, 2023 11:11 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Kind of an underwhelmindg ending to be honest, however, a lot of ersolution is still heart felt. I wonder what role Robin will play in the future, also Haruki and Maru's bond is stronger than ever.

If it wasn't obvious enough, the kids shown frequently are in the past, way before whatever happened in the world as we see at the city skyline at the end, also, it's becoming mroe apparent that Maru is one of the new born twins, probably the one with the circle underneath his foot, as circle is Maru in Japanese, other than other indications that they are one and the same person.
Aug 13, 2023 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
Eoussama said:
Kind of an underwhelmindg ending to be honest, however, a lot of ersolution is still heart felt. I wonder what role Robin will play in the future, also Haruki and Maru's bond is stronger than ever.

If it wasn't obvious enough, the kids shown frequently are in the past, way before whatever happened in the world as we see at the city skyline at the end, also, it's becoming mroe apparent that Maru is one of the  new born twins, probably the one with the circle underneath his foot, as circle is Maru in Japanese, other than other indications that they are one and the same person.
Robin is stealing Kiriko again, that's for sure. With Kiriko now being pregnant and all, with mangaka loving NTR fetish which he also draws in doujins, he will play some similar role again. Considering how many times r*** happens to female characters around Maru in the manga, this will continue to happen again.
Aug 13, 2023 12:04 PM
Sep 2022
Pimpi05 said:
Eoussama said:

If it wasn't obvious enough, the kids shown frequently are in the past, way before whatever happened in the world as we see at the city skyline at the end, also, it's becoming mroe apparent that Maru is one of the  new born twins, probably the one with the circle underneath his foot, as circle is Maru in Japanese, other than other indications that they are one and the same person.
Robin is stealing Kiriko again, that's for sure. With Kiriko now being pregnant and all, with mangaka loving NTR fetish which he also draws in doujins, he will play some similar role again. Considering how many times r*** happens to female characters around Maru in the manga, this will continue to happen again.

Cry about it man 🦍
Aug 14, 2023 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
imagine being such a boomer you want to transplant your brain into a zoomer just to stay younger lmao omegacringe kek.
Aug 24, 2023 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
The story is ok, but not anything great, crazy monsters is not my thing. And the story is something too similar to The Maze Runner or The Island movies, unoriginal.

What I hated was the gender swap, at the last episode it still doesn't show if the brain was really switched or she lost her mind. She was alive so she killed herself to save brother? doubtful. I also hated how anime makes same gender love/sex something good, while while man with woman sex is shown as rape or ending with unwanted babies. The author forces his lgbt propaganda on unconscious people, making it look like something normal and good.

The art style is not my type, the cities were drawn badly for 2023 year, but same for some face and movement animations...

The OP was average and ED bad mostly because of songs..

Overall bad anime. The only good thing about is the secret of what the kids hiruko will do, how Maru knows about word Hiruko. Also how that robot made the attack and blew up few places in school? also why? What the two doctors planned? OH and how that Tarao and alien guy who died at school was killed if he was Hiruko?
Thyriad-oPPailovAug 24, 2023 6:03 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

305 by MCGospels »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

473 by jumbosan »»
Apr 22, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

175 by jumbosan »»
Apr 22, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

242 by jumbosan »»
Apr 21, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

317 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 18, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.