Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2023 11:05 PM

Dec 2018
amazing finale, the fight was on point, we got a happy end despite some scares from asura god but i guess love can power through and even if bibi dong did save her daughter im still not going to like her. i do hope there is a future for martial soul empire and they can take care of their past and the evil they did. well, the end was kinda fast but i loved it all and im happy that even though we are a small community we all can come together from different nations and love this story. i'll see you guys later, and i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did; from the south in america, im signing off. god bless.
Jun 9, 2023 11:29 PM
Oct 2018
I agree with everything you said and one thing i am thinking of the rushed ending may heave been a sneak peek from season 3 if that's the case then its perfect since we might see everything that happend after the fight in the next season.
Jun 9, 2023 11:43 PM
Oct 2018
StateofOhayo said:
amazing finale, the fight was on point, we got a happy end despite some scares from asura god but i guess love can power through and even if bibi dong did save her daughter im still not going to like her. i do hope there is a future for martial soul empire and they can take care of their past and the evil they did. well, the end was kinda fast but i loved it all and im happy that even though we are a small community we all can come together from different nations and love this story. i'll see you guys later, and i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did; from the south in america, im signing off. god bless.
What i don't get is why the status on mal is still ongoing?
Jun 10, 2023 2:00 AM
Jun 2021
MrGaby said:
StateofOhayo said:

Saw you asked for this in the other post, its not approved yet but this is the entry https://myanimelist.net/anime/51836

Also about the status, people have to submit it on the forum with official info to get it modified.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1510673
Jun 10, 2023 6:10 AM

May 2011
I have come to Chinese anime starting this one. Ahh, its been a long time my favorite one. I will really miss you this anime huge, in every episode they keep amazed me, I will never forget this anime. I don't know how many times I rewatched this anime.

I am signing off, good luck.
Jun 10, 2023 6:41 AM
Oct 2018
Kernal_ said:
MrGaby said:

Saw you asked for this in the other post, its not approved yet but this is the entry https://myanimelist.net/anime/51836

Also about the status, people have to submit it on the forum with official info to get it modified.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1510673
yeah i heave seen this that's why i was asking if another season is confirmed or not. I pray it will continue because it has a great future as long as its done right.
Jun 10, 2023 7:08 AM

Jun 2016
7 Monster Shrek's journey has come to an end. Oh man, soul land was something, my first Chinese anime, I will remember this one. Good thing, we still have Battle through the Heaven that's still airing. 🗡🔱🐇🌭🛕🐯🐅🔥
Jun 10, 2023 9:12 AM

Jan 2016
Next Saturday starts CC2.

When the donghua mark as finished and add CC2?
hKonataJun 10, 2023 9:19 AM
Jun 11, 2023 1:40 PM
Jun 2023
Didnt expect that
Jun 12, 2023 2:56 AM

Mar 2007
Sad to see this end, but what an ending!

CGI and costumes were amazing.

Fight scenes were well choreographed.

Loved the wedding at the end.

A few things felt very rushed. But overall I still love this show and the journey!
Jun 14, 2023 5:50 AM

May 2018
One of the best animated series I have watched, the long journey of the Soul Land is one of the reason why I love this series.

I will always love happy ending, although a bit sad for some characters, I'm glad Tang San and Xiao Wu stayed with each other until the end.

Jun 17, 2023 2:59 AM

Jun 2012
Although I'm sad that it ended, its been a long ride.

the final episode was...I have to say it meh. the second half of the episode I feel like it was rushed a bit. The wedding was a nice touch I would love for the bride and groom have a bit of an interaction with some family members (I was disappointed that I didn't see a crying speed-grandpa)

I feeling they could stretch the ending with one more episode but I guess they didn't want to end the entire series on with a 4 on the end (26+237=263). In Chinese culture the number 4 is associate with bad luck or death. So maybe the final episode was rushed because they didn't want to add the 264th episode  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 17, 2023 1:44 PM
Jun 2023
DeathAssistant said:
Although I'm sad that it ended, its been a long ride.

the final episode was...I have to say it meh. the second half of the episode I feel like it was rushed a bit. The wedding was a nice touch I would love for the bride and groom have a bit of an interaction with some family members (I was disappointed that I didn't see a crying speed-grandpa)

I feeling they could stretch the ending with one more episode but I guess they didn't want to end the entire series on with a 4 on the end (26+237=263). In Chinese culture the number 4 is associate with bad luck or death. So maybe the final episode was rushed because they didn't want to add the 264th episode  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Saying it was rushed is an understatement. IT WAS RUSHED AS F*CK!
They left out the whole part where the rest of the team become gods. And the wedding was like what? 2 minutes? 
The wedding proposition was almost a whole 30 minutes episode. 
Really sad that they ended the best Donghua just like this. It was by far my favorite.

They could have ended the whole series in a few more episodes.
Jun 25, 2023 2:28 PM

Feb 2019
Best media I could ever recommend to anyone is: WATCH DOULUO DALU (Soul Land)
Jun 27, 2023 11:34 AM

Aug 2010
So after 5 years dldl is finally over. I still remember how 3D animation was so new to me back then lol.
Jun 28, 2023 2:39 AM

May 2020
It was rushed, but alright.
Maybe they'll show us in the new anime how and what after. Since the story isn't entirely over with the new show, but it will not follow the old group anymore ofcourse. I do think they'll show a bit about the old ones, maybe that gives it a better closure.
Aug 6, 2023 2:43 AM
Jan 2023
Amazing Series of all time.
Aug 15, 2023 5:30 AM
Jan 2022
GOATEDDDD!!!!!!
Oct 6, 2023 9:46 AM

Sep 2013
I have just two comments at the end:

1. That sign did not look like it aged 10,000 years, maybe 50 years at best

2. Apparently, when this world had an industrial era city, even after 10,000 years, no technology had advanced in that village at all?
Dec 28, 2023 1:32 AM
Level 1 Otaku

Jan 2018
Wow, I made it to the end. It was one hell of a journey. My favorite arc has to be the tournament arc or the beginning of the sea god arc.

Jan 22, 3:31 AM

Nov 2009
So... Tang San went "Devil May Cry" LOL.

Also, "don't hate her, she fights for Wuhan Empire"... sure, make murder sound justified...

So... he got both God powers... but apparently decide to still just fight as one god at a time instead of using both power at same time... huh...

I was imagining he would combine both Water and Dark power into one... (but he just casts both types one after the other instead of as one)

BTW... cast skill, get bunch of swords, proceeds to just punches, LOL

Soldiers yelling "we did it"... you did nothing, you just die and get turn into zombies, LOL, the soul masters and Tang San did everything... these soldiers are so pointless in this...

Also... Water God, Food God and Support God came... but I thought they couldn't reveal themselves in the mortal world... which is why the water god always do illusions and never actually physically appears...

The only one that appears physically is Asura God.

BTW... did they somehow also REZ'd the Sword and Bone uncle? thought they died...

So I guess this means... they can literally REZ anyone if they died...

___ ___ ___

And they time jump 10,000 years later...

With literally no technological progression... WTF.... LOL

Also... isn't Tang San now immortal? is he still living 10,000 years later? what happened to the other dudes? LOL... did they become gods too?
amlgJan 22, 3:34 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 6, 10:26 PM

Nov 2019
Wow these recent episodes have gotten me at the edge of my seat ngl. The pacing in this episode was especially fast despite its length but it did cover a lot of important topics that concluded the life of Tang San.

Who knew Asura God would have optimal impact on a pair of lovers, Xiao Wu and Tang San. I feel bad that Tang Chen and the Sea God Empress couldn't take advantage of the Asura God and ascend together as a pair of lovers.

Qian Renxue and bibi Dong lost the battle of the gods even though they pierced Tang San's Sea God heart he managed to cling to the Asura God's offer which was selfless as usual of MC.

Tian Dou Kingdom won against the Martial Soul Empire but we didn't see much beyond the affects of the Soul Empire's forces especially the 4 clans that betrayed the 7 clan alliance to join the Martial Soul Empire. (They did get detained and surrendered but would definitely help to provide better closure on that end)

In the end it hints to the next generation of Soul Land which surely would continue with the Manhua/LN progression. I wouldn't mind a new Tang character since Tang San's original village from episode 1 is teased to become a large hub in the end of the episode.

Xiao Wu and Tang San's marriage ceremony felt rushed but the reconciliation of characters at the party made it feel more alive especially with the seven devils having their marriages together as well.

Overall, really enjoyed the donghua series but the pacing from middle to end was fast to slow to fast at the end which was hard to get used to. (Maybe due to budget)
Apr 18, 2:01 AM
Dec 2021
Wish this had more episodes

More topics from this board

» In case anyone cared about the differences between the 3 different finale releases

GPDonghua - Mar 3

0 by GPDonghua »»
Mar 3, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu 2nd Season Episode 222 Discussion

Stormy_77 - Mar 3, 2023

4 by Stormy_77 »»
Feb 8, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu 2nd Season Episode 236 Discussion

hKonata - Jun 3, 2023

6 by amlg »»
Jan 22, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu 2nd Season Episode 235 Discussion

StateofOhayo - May 27, 2023

9 by amlg »»
Jan 22, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu 2nd Season Episode 231 Discussion

StateofOhayo - Apr 29, 2023

4 by amlg »»
Jan 22, 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.