Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 18, 2010 5:02 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we get a Gundam themed episode this time. Great. Can this show get any more random?

To be honest, I think they're just picking up random people off the streets and telling them to direct this anime. -_-''
cr4sian_philMay 18, 2010 5:22 PM
May 19, 2010 6:37 AM

Dec 2007
cr4sian_phil said:

To be honest, I think they're just picking up random people off the streets and telling them to direct this anime. -_-''

LOL, good one.
May 19, 2010 11:31 AM

Mar 2010
cr4sian_phil said:

I can kinda see that happening
*guy runs up to homeless person* "Sir, what would you like to see this week" "I haven't seen gundam in forever, but got some food?"
producer: "Go buy your own food we're making shows off your ideas"

May 19, 2010 8:05 PM

Aug 2009
To be fair, this was not actually random if you had watched the pilot episode. Chise was talking about getting Fumino to cosplay as Sayaka, and while that didn't actually happen, it eventually became an episode of a show within a show.

I am actually quite surprised that I enjoyed this, because I rarely watch mecha shows, but I do know the standards that makes a good one. Hopefully next week we go back to normal pace and with the storyline back again, as I'd like to see further plot developments. With this episode, I can roughly gauge just about two more volumes of novels being adapted (but this is at a stretch), but the more realistic aim would the third novel being the end of this season (assuming there are future seasons to be made).

Just to briefly summarise without spoiling anything... in my opinion, the third volume had the largest amount of development in the material I've read so far.
May 20, 2010 3:37 PM
Jun 2008
I feel like a Stray Cats Overrun !!
( A stray cat which lost its way and run into no extent limit of distance ,It means from first episode till now and I felt I am totally lost of not knowing which direction I should really reach.....and during the journey doing all sort of crazy stuff along.....)
At least the Anime doesn't stray from the title's meaning ^^
( It seem this Anime also in braver mode just like Ichiban Ushiro )

Usually people will feel exciting during this sort of fighting scene but since the "scene" suddenly come out from nowhere,I feel it is funny rather than exciting.I laugh because of watching such " cliche" in old Anime which I seen long time ago,

Damn!!!" Girl robot + Male Robot " transformation really dirty echhi >.<
I really enjoy laughing silly during this episode LOL
MorningGloryMay 20, 2010 4:17 PM
May 20, 2010 10:14 PM

Apr 2009
cr4sian_phil said:
So we get a Gundam themed episode this time. Great. Can this show get any more random?
I don't understand why each director thinks it's such an excellent idea to taint things that are already critically acclaimed and well received. I understood that this show would fail on many levels when they announced the director situation, but I still don't know what this show is supposed to be about, and it's already almost over. o.O

I'm amazed that they just didn't come out and say "ORETACHI WO DARE DA OMOTTE YAGARU?" It feels so wrong watching this knowing that they mocked Gundam and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and yet still didn't even do a decent job of that...
ReaperEXEMay 21, 2010 12:24 AM
May 20, 2010 10:26 PM

Jan 2008
Disappointing and lame. I'm hiring assassins to kill whoever's responsible (accepting donations to help out with the hiring fees).
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
May 20, 2010 11:36 PM
Feb 2009
w0w what in the world did i just watch >>>>>
May 21, 2010 12:24 AM

Sep 2008
Episode was wayyyy shittier than usual.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2010 12:27 AM

Jul 2009
EDIT: Now 7 voters. Still, all rated it 1. xD

Is this as bad as episode 4? Or worse? O_O
WoofSadaharuMay 21, 2010 12:43 AM
May 21, 2010 12:31 AM
Oct 2007
O_O ...................... @_@ ........................ T_T ................ -_- ...... zzzZZZzzZZZzzZZZzzzzzzZ

GAAAAAAAAAAH! 24 minutes! Give them back!!!!
May 21, 2010 12:39 AM
Nov 2009
ReaperEXE said:
It feels so wrong watching this knowing that they mocked Gundam and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and yet still didn't even do a decent job of that...

I doubt they were trying to "mock" TTGL or even Gundam for that matter. I'm pretty sure there are other "combining mecha" anime out there.
May 21, 2010 12:55 AM

Apr 2009
DeeCee said:
I doubt they were trying to "mock" TTGL or even Gundam for that matter. I'm pretty sure there are other "combining mecha" anime out there.
Mocking is what a parody does, and saying this was otherwise is wrong. Rather than TTGL or Gundam, I could just as easily have mentioned that they were mocking an inferior, terrible mecha, but it was pretty obvious that the former were the victims of this parody.
May 21, 2010 1:15 AM
Nov 2009
Ugh, that was painful to watch.
May 21, 2010 1:32 AM

Nov 2008
This episode caused a "throw-arms-in-air-and-yell-"DONE" " moment. Was this episode just made for fanboys?

Robots + girls in cat suits = best otaku guy entertainment?
May 21, 2010 1:53 AM

Nov 2007
Okay, now someone change the thread title from "Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 7 Discussion" to "Yuusha Choujin Grand Braver Episode 26 Discussion"

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
May 21, 2010 2:46 AM

May 2009
I think the true relevance of this ep won't become clear in next episode. I'm guessing it's some sort of movie, or something in that fashion.

Either way, this ep gave me a huge "WTF? moment". Considering I'm not at all a fan of mecha, needless to say, this episode both confused and pretty much bored me. There's probably some underlying symbolism here, but why present it through a mecha-parody, rather than be more straight-forward about it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2010 2:57 AM

Jul 2008
This is quite far from Lagann or Gundam. More like VOLTES V. While the individual mecha looks like Transformers lol
May 21, 2010 3:27 AM

Jan 2010
Wow opening was hilarious

Gundam xD

@entropy

yeah , there was some drills xD

And Courageous Superman Grand Brave !

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ! xD
Eternal_ShieldMay 21, 2010 3:45 AM
May 21, 2010 4:57 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, as a Super Robot fan, I really enjoyed this. It had all the Super Robot tropes. A show that begins with "G" and ends with "-er," Combining mecha, drill mecha, mecha that talk like the Brave robots, the classic sword pose, the theme song powerup moment. And it was sung by that guy from JAM Project. So much fun.

And clearly nobody realizes that this was homaging Super Robot shows (particularly the Brave series) in general. Not just TTGL. Besides, it would need more drills for that.

Ah~. Now I want a new Super Robot anime...
garfield15May 21, 2010 5:01 AM
May 21, 2010 5:13 AM

Jul 2008
pfff....we rarely get a tsundere confess her fellings in the first episodes so how come they don't continue the story that way - like with more development - rather than making random episodes...disappointed with this episode
May 21, 2010 5:15 AM

Apr 2010
What on earth was this episode supposed to be about? The story's initial plot seems to have deviated quite a lot.
May 21, 2010 5:50 AM

Sep 2009
what the s**t did I just watch?

half way through the damn thing, and my eyes were bleeding.
May 21, 2010 6:10 AM

Nov 2008
What is this bullshit + gundam bullshit?! I hate mecha, well, except for TTGL.

So, I'll give it a generous 1/5 and lower the score of the series to 4/10. By being generousness, I mean that my anger could fluctuate the space time from the past to cause "coincidental" probabilities to make a glitch in the MAL system for rating this episode a -1/5.

On the plus side, I was NOT disappointed by it getting worst. Yeah! Keep the shit rolling!
May 21, 2010 7:12 AM
Feb 2010
Lol, this ep reminded me of a filler in Bleach, when Ichigo and the others went to the place where Aizen was and there was no one to protect the town.

Gundam+Power ranger robot cliche + characters from a way different genre

If by it's own I would give it a 6 or a 7 IF there wasn't the cliffhanger...
With this series a 1 =.=. The main lead male character became an evil crazy dictator or smth =.=. That isn't even a twist, that is character homicide. Lol.

Lousy storyline but good OP and ED of its own, good voice acting skills and art. Pity it's straight-to-something-like-a-new-show storytelling method and a disastrous ending. The storyline was stupid and cliche too.

O yea, this series really changes directors every ep. This week's director is Kujou Rion.
Wow, surprisingly he directed Asu no Yoichi. That series was quite well made (IMO, when compared to the manga, and by its own).
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7229
DunkjoeMay 21, 2010 7:27 AM
May 21, 2010 7:16 AM
Feb 2010
kimatg said:
Okay, now someone change the thread title from "Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 7 Discussion" to "Yuusha Choujin Grand Braver Episode 26 Discussion"

O yeah, agreed, I forgot all about it. It seemed like this was a new series altogether. Lol... They seemed to put so much effort into this ep that it is a pity not to continue it. LMAO.
May 21, 2010 7:18 AM

Mar 2010
Just got done actually watching this and I got 1 thing to say...

What is this I don't even...

May 21, 2010 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
What the **** did i just watch?

For some reason I remembered the baseball ep of Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo
May 21, 2010 7:41 AM

May 2009
This episode bummed me out so much that i skipped the whole damn thing... what a waste of time and money. If ppl want a mecha/robot anime they can have their pick out of 100 of other series out there (and good ones too). This looked like the director decided he wants to play out his little robot fantasy a bit, but who cares about how dull it would bee.
And just when i thought that this anime couldn't get any more cliche.. :/
Of course, for all the fans of this genre, or the 'Super Robot' this episode would be enjoyable, so that's the one thing they did well. If you look at it from that perspective.
May 21, 2010 7:49 AM
Mar 2008
I stopped watching 5 mins in.
Worst episode ever.
1/5 (why there's no 0?)
May 21, 2010 8:31 AM
Apr 2010
AO968 said:
I think the true relevance of this ep won't become clear in next episode. I'm guessing it's some sort of movie, or something in that fashion.

Either way, this ep gave me a huge "WTF? moment". Considering I'm not at all a fan of mecha, needless to say, this episode both confused and pretty much bored me. There's probably some underlying symbolism here, but why present it through a mecha-parody, rather than be more straight-forward about it?

quoted for truth ^
Man, I tried not to hate this ep, but seriously
What the f** is this? i dont even...
Well, i tried to get the best out of it and all i could come up with was that the director really liked the power rangers series.
Still not dropping it, but it really needs to get back to some sort of plot
May 21, 2010 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
ReaperEXE said:
I'm amazed that they just didn't come out and say "ORETACHI WO DARE DA OMOTTE YAGARU?" It feels so wrong watching this knowing that they mocked Gundam and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and yet still didn't even do a decent job of that...

Actually this episode has close to zero relation to any Gundam series or TTGL. However, it is a clear rip off of Combattler V, Dancouga, and GGG (just to name a few of those combination robot series). And of course...the Brave series :)
May 21, 2010 9:22 AM

Aug 2009
kaminakun said:
ReaperEXE said:

Actually this episode has close to zero relation to any Gundam series or TTGL. However, it is a clear rip off of Combattler V, Dancouga, and GGG (just to name a few of those combination robot series). And of course...the Brave series :)

also the first sword attack was from Gravion
now I wish this robot can actually make it to Super Robot Taisen ^_^
and the badguy's name is a parody on Mazinger's Ashura
May 21, 2010 9:24 AM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Episode was wayyyy shittier than usual.

...and it never really was that good.
May 21, 2010 9:27 AM

Nov 2009
kaminakun said:

I agree with your refs as I think those are closer to what it was aimed at as well. I didn't think anything TTGL other than one robot being called Drill. Gundam is probably being associated cuz of popularity and the whole star burst forehead looking thingy, but you see that in so many other mecha series as well.

Only refs I could pull myself was stuff I watched long ago like Voltron (that floating thing Otome was in kinda looked like a lion, the combining, and Blazing Sword haha) and I sorta thought of Dangaioh's Psychic Wave when the Duke was doing that hand attack (just what I thought of, not that the attack resembled it). I can't pull as much refs as you guys cuz I have yet to watch those mentioned myself, haha.
flipocrisyMay 21, 2010 9:45 AM
May 21, 2010 9:45 AM

Dec 2007
What a shit boring episode.

Disliked it to the max.
May 21, 2010 10:13 AM

May 2009
I watched the entire episode hoping that they would return to their original plot.
I guess I wasted 24 minutes of my time.

Boring shit.

last.fm|twitter|facebook (yeah right)
May 21, 2010 10:24 AM

Mar 2009
Whoever directing this shit should be fired.

IT'S UNDER -9000
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
May 21, 2010 10:28 AM

Jun 2009
Seriously? A robot episode? No, just no. I gave up after 5 minutes.

Next week's episode needs to make up for this bundle of shit, or else I'm not gonna waste any more of my time on it. At least the other episodes were crap that leant towards a general story.

I had thought the multiple directors thing would produce some interesting results. Unfortunately it's turned a half-decent series into a load of bull.

1/5.

May 21, 2010 10:34 AM
Jun 2008
Xassite said:
I watched the entire episode hoping that they would return to their original plot.
I guess I wasted 24 minutes of my time.

Boring shit.
Relax....from episode 2 or 3 you should have realize that this sort of Anime has no plot (story will all cramp up in between the last 2 episode).Just enjoy the Robot fighting scene and forget the plot that you think its trying to bring..... Hater gonna hate lol
May 21, 2010 11:23 AM

Jan 2009
Wait what?
なんだ これは?
I thought I was watching Mayoi Neko Overrun!, not some random mecha xD.
Oh well, I don't mind I guess~
Kaho Hazuki~ <3

Incredibly stupid episode, but a robot's fine too, right?
And did they just like.. Mock every god damn mecha anime out there, by, in 1 single episode, making it better than many of them? xD........ lol
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 21, 2010 11:47 AM
Mar 2010
Huh. Well, that was...something? It's hard to know what to make of this episode or this series as a whole. There are bits that I enjoy very much, but there's also a lot of stuff where I'm just left scratching my head and/or rolling my eyes. I can't comment on the novels, but I definitely prefer the manga to this show. It's much more consistent.
May 21, 2010 12:19 PM

Jun 2009
Guranbureiba~
Seriously, What is this i don't even
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 21, 2010 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
I'm not really into Mecha shows so, I can't say I enjoyed this episode that much. Also, the fact that this "parody" or whatever came out of nowhere kinda made me confused as to what was happening in there. I never watched Gundam or Tengen Toppa or wheteve,r so I can't even say if the parody was well executed or not.

Other than that, I guess I enjoyed the (small amount of) fan service a little bit. I hope this returns to the regular plot by next week.
May 21, 2010 12:41 PM

Jun 2009
I'm not trying to be mean or anything but this is the stupidest episode in Overrun. It waste my 24 minutes just for this crap.

PS: TTGL is WAY better than this.

May 21, 2010 1:02 PM

Apr 2009
And with this Mayoi is dropped. I was doing my best to watch this show, after each episode I was thinking that maybe next week, maybe then I'll finally watch a good ep. But no, this time it's just too much.

May 21, 2010 1:06 PM

Oct 2007
It's because they're not letting the guy who directed To-Love-Ru direct Mayoi Neko. If he took command of this, the series would not have turned into complete shit.

I'm wondering what they're going to parody next, DBZ? Naruto? Bleach? You hear that, you random directors? I'm begging you to do a parody of shounen series!
cr4sian_philMay 21, 2010 1:18 PM
May 21, 2010 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
garfield15 said:
Wow, as a Super Robot fan, I really enjoyed this. It had all the Super Robot tropes. A show that begins with "G" and ends with "-er," Combining mecha, drill mecha, mecha that talk like the Brave robots, the classic sword pose, the theme song powerup moment. And it was sung by that guy from JAM Project. So much fun.

And clearly nobody realizes that this was homaging Super Robot shows (particularly the Brave series) in general. Not just TTGL. Besides, it would need more drills for that.

Ah~. Now I want a new Super Robot anime...

Exactly what I thought when I watched it. This episode was meant to be watched by Super Robot shows fans and not just TTGL or Gundam fans. Great homage here, enjoyed every minute of it. 5/5

P.S: Does anyone knows who directed this episode? I'd laugh if it was a Super Robot show director. XD
May 21, 2010 1:09 PM

Oct 2009
なんだこれわ?

Worst but ODDEST filler/episode I have seen, probably 2nd to last of Ichiban Ushiro ni Daimaou.

May 21, 2010 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
...the hell did I just watch?

Regardless, I just hope some sort of continuity is established soon, seeing as we're past the halfway point in the series now.
Ha-cha!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - May 4, 2010

89 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Apr 20, 2010

90 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2010

82 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:26 PM

» Where can i watch this

Probs - Aug 13, 2022

2 by MailPerson »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:37 PM

» Anyone else find this show criminally underrated?

kelzoldyck - Apr 18, 2021

5 by asiank0ala »»
Mar 31, 2022 3:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.