Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh, feeling good about Ichigo's lunch date plans. She always wants to get together with Aoyoma in some way and looks like her friends support her. 

Luckily, she and Aoyoma did get their picnic lunch time. I think she was about to confess but they got interrupted again from the usual suspect. They still had a really great time together thoough.
May 16, 2023 10:14 AM
Sep 2015
Sweeter than sugar
May 16, 2023 12:47 PM
Apr 2023
It was awesome! I love the romance in TMM because it seems actually sweet and innocent and not overly sappy or anything.
May 16, 2023 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
What a cute episode Aoyama is such a gentleman.
May 16, 2023 1:49 PM
Oct 2020
i wonder what exactly kish has seen in the blue knight it seems like a shadow with dark hair
May 16, 2023 3:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow Ichigo finally told everything to Aoyama... but he already knew it
May 16, 2023 8:36 PM

Jul 2017
Ichigo's dream about her and Aoyama, the line between the regular human and Mew Mew is blurring.

With the clumsy Ichigo, the Mew Mews coming together to create a custom phone case for her celebrating her relationship with Aoyama. But the mystery still remains of the Blue Knight and who he is really is. The lunch date with Aoyama as Ichigo personally prepares for him in school, it's a cute lil' date. Conversing about their aspirations for the future, Aoyama wants to become an ecologist, and Ichigo's dreams do align, though she has many things on her mind.

And though the feelings are there, Ichigo is just too scared to reveal her Mew Mew origins, and this is forced by Kish who comes attacking them both, with Aoyama protecting her all the way through. Eventually, Ichigo reveals her Mew Mew origins, which draws out the Blue Knight, and defeats Kish like the norm. All this to Aoyama, he already had a hunch about Ichigo being a Mew Mew, but it becomes more pronounced as time passes, and this is the real her, which he is OK with knowing her secret and keeping it as one.

Now Ichigo doesn't need to worry as much anymore, good on her.
May 17, 2023 12:19 AM
Aug 2022
I'm so glad Ichigo told Aoyama the truth. Good on her. Nice episode, definitely one of the best so far
May 18, 2023 12:04 PM

Aug 2007
Now a one more secret. Blue Knight true identity. I rreally want to see that
May 18, 2023 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
Fine first episode of the entire show I'm not a huge fan of. Might just be because I've never cared about Ichigo much as a character and found this part cheesy and over dramatic even as a child, but also because Ichigo's big moment was over before it started. She does the entire montage ending with "I'll protect him!" and then gets beaten instantly and needs to be saved by the blue knight. I know this is how the manga goes, but I really wish the girls got to win fights some more.

Tenma's character song was adorable though, highlight of the episode!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
May 18, 2023 7:39 PM

Apr 2015
The writing for this show is so terrible in very specific ways but fine otherwise.
May 30, 2023 12:18 PM

Nov 2010
Crez said:
Fine first episode of the entire show I'm not a huge fan of. Might just be because I've never cared about Ichigo much as a character and found this part cheesy and over dramatic even as a child, but also because Ichigo's big moment was over before it started. She does the entire montage ending with "I'll protect him!" and then gets beaten instantly and needs to be saved by the blue knight. I know this is how the manga goes, but I really wish the girls got to win fights some more.

Tenma's character song was adorable though, highlight of the episode!

I agree with you. I think that's annoying how weak the mew mew are and after introducing the Blue Knight (in this anime, the other anime and the manga) every time Ichigo needs to fight poorly to be saved by him. I like Ichigo because she is a cat girl, but her personality is a disappointment, she just likes this guy and is a mew mew but she doesn't have any ambition whatsoever and I also think that her love moments are too cheesy (did everyone really acted/acts like this as a teenager? geez lol) 
Jul 7, 2023 3:09 PM
Nov 2015
Ichiogo finally reveals her Mew Mew self to Aoyama and he admits he knew.

He kisses her and confesses he's in love with her.

Before that, the fight between Kish and The Blue Knight got really intense.

This was a darn good episode.
Aug 30, 2023 11:39 AM
Oct 2022
I don't know how, but this reboot manages to take the intrigue out of absolutely every scene the manga and OG anime ever portrayed and replace it with the most generic dialogue, storyboarding, and music queues possible. When this reboot does something new, it's somewhat interesting, but when it pays attention to the original plot and sequencing, I feel as though I am watching an AI generated, uninspired, dragged out, half-effort, no impact recap of something else that was significantly greater.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

18 by White_Alice »»
Mar 19, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2023

22 by Atsunome »»
Mar 12, 5:55 PM

» What are some reasons why this is aimed at tween girls?

removed-user - Mar 7

2 by Atsunome »»
Mar 11, 4:19 AM

» Are there any magical girl anime besides Sailor Moon that focuses more on school life than Mew Mew?

removed-user - Feb 3

9 by KuriChestnut »»
Feb 6, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2023

9 by JoJoLaRow »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.