Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2023 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
Kawaki has truly grown to be protective of his friend Boruto.

Well, idk how to feel about Code but he's no pushover. I don't think Shikamaru would've stood much chance in defeating him directly. Still, after all the drama in this episode/arc, we still got some son (Boruto) and father (Naruto) moments. Obviously, this main story isn't finished so part 2 will continue to built off of it. Might be interested in the 4 episodes for the 20th anniversary. Can't believe we still got the Boruto and Kawaii face off scene like from the very first episode. What a cliffhanger.
Mar 26, 2023 2:15 AM

Apr 2020
75% Filler!
Damn...
I skipped most of it and watched the canon episodes.
It was good but I don't feel it can get more than a 6/10 with that amount of filler. The ones I've seen were really bad.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 26, 2023 2:21 AM

Oct 2017
And Boruto's back to life thanks to Momoshiki. I mean they'd need to change the title without him so ofc he's back. Good thing they decided to end the anime here without going for more fillers. Now they can take time and make s2 when there's enough content out there.
Mar 26, 2023 2:22 AM

May 2020
that was a pretty good episode
part 1 ended just the way it started 
never really been the biggest naruto/boruto fan but I do like it overall after watching 1000+ eps
this had way too much filler
hopefully, part 2 is better and airs soon
Homura24Mar 26, 2023 5:14 AM

Mar 26, 2023 2:34 AM
Dec 2020
that ending though, loved it
Mar 26, 2023 2:43 AM
Feb 2015
Fucking Why bruh.
Mar 26, 2023 2:56 AM

Sep 2017
Finally this trainwreck of an anime is over, thankfully.
It truly was a painful journey and the 2508 zillion fillers didn't help.

3/10 and I'm being more generous than some of my friends
Mar 26, 2023 3:02 AM
Feb 2020
pretty good ending for an overall decent part 1 (if you ignore most of the filler arcs)
Mar 26, 2023 3:06 AM
Mar 2021
ZER0PT said:
75% Filler!
Damn...
It was good but I don't feel it can get more than a 6/10 with that amount of filler. The ones I've seen were really bad.

Just look at it another way. They could release a 13 episodes Season every one/two years without any filler, or they release a weekly anime with poor animation between the canon.

I'll gladly take the weekly, even if I don't want to see the filler, I can just skip them, but if I want to see some Boruto content, even if it is not canon, I can watch the "Filler" episodes.

I literally only see a W.
Mar 26, 2023 3:19 AM

Dec 2020
What a final episode for part 1 the fight kawaki vs code was so fire and this scene with boruto and naruto as a he was born and then the current state of him was emotional.
Momoshiki has revived him through the carma to close his wounds and organs.
The final scene with the village is destroyed and time skip it was so nice.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 26, 2023 3:21 AM

Apr 2020
duschu said:
ZER0PT said:
75% Filler!
Damn...

Just look at it another way. They could release a 13 episodes Season every one/two years without any filler, or they release a weekly anime with poor animation between the canon.

I'll gladly take the weekly, even if I don't want to see the filler, I can just skip them, but if I want to see some Boruto content, even if it is not canon, I can watch the "Filler" episodes.

I literally only see a W.

I don't see it that way.
So many fillers gives a bad look to the series to me and many people.
I would have preferred they did like Boku no Hero with breaks between seasons over what they did. 
It would also give them more time for them to work in the animation. 
They would never do that since Boruto is one of the top watched anime in Japan for some reason.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 26, 2023 3:29 AM
Mar 2021
Damuzen said:

if you read the manga you would turn into a boruto fan
Mar 26, 2023 3:31 AM
Jan 2018
Just WOW... the first two minutes just broke my heart
OtakuPikachuMar 26, 2023 4:18 AM
Mar 26, 2023 3:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
dramatic last episode, but intense to me!

Well the season ended with the same draw that started, this mean that the way is so far!!! kekeke

6/10 to much filler

kekeke
Mar 26, 2023 3:39 AM

Sep 2017
el_chino721 said:
Damuzen said:

if you read the manga you would turn into a boruto fan
I'm already reading the manga (up to the latest chapter) and I'm not a Boruto fan at all.
Mar 26, 2023 3:41 AM
Dec 2022
Great animation, liked the Boruto and Kawaki style when they talked on the rock, I hope next season will have less fillers because when they go back to canon it's a 🔥
Mar 26, 2023 3:41 AM
Jul 2019
Ah brother, this episode was absolutely the most fabulous since the first one, however I was disappointed by the 2 seconds from the future, I was expecting more. But I got so excited when I saw that moment with Momoshiki laughing. The anime was absolutely brilliant [if you skip the fillers even better]. however, the scene at the end with the two of them talking is absolutely magnificent, I will see on tiktok and instagram many editions with that transition of Boruto.
Mar 26, 2023 3:48 AM

Sep 2019
Finally this is over, whew. Good riddance.
Mar 26, 2023 3:53 AM
Feb 2021
ArimaKana said:
Finally this is over, whew. Good riddance.

Who forced you to watch it though?😂
Mar 26, 2023 3:55 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Fuck Boruto prank his death xd

But im grateful there is a conclusion there. To be continue to the next part i guess. Idk if i have enough energy for that, but oh well. Let's worry about that later and be glad i am able to change this thing into completed!

Now i need to find a way to get rid of op too, or actually, no...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 26, 2023 4:00 AM

Feb 2014
That was a pretty long run, but part 1 of Boruto has finished up.

The last two episodes looked great in terms of production values and it ended on a tense, but intriguing note with Boruto and Kawaki talking to each other on the Hokage rock heads, each with their different vows of what they will do next.

My thoughts overall? I feel that Boruto gets way too much hate, but some of it is justified. While I feel that on average, the fillers are no better nor worse than Shippuden had (albeit with slightly better visuals, which doesn't say much sometimes), the lack of canon content in-between was a bit testing at times.

Still, when it came to those big moments, the production staff really went all out, as a reminder of what they can do and as with lat week's episode, it still is amazing to see the fight with a lot of sakuga moments. =)

For now, I'll give Boruto a 6/10. Not terrible, but it could've been better with less filler, especially ones if it didn't add anything useful to the series. I do look forward to part 2 when it comes out in the future.
Mar 26, 2023 4:01 AM
Apr 2022
good ep 9/10 made me cry
Mar 26, 2023 4:06 AM
Feb 2022
honestly this episode was straight fire one of the best episode in the whole series it had everything drama emotion fights like kawaki tough choice to kill boruto Naruto's flashback of baby boruto and the fight between kawaki and code
it was treat to watch timeskip boruto and kawaki tho it lasted only couple of sec
time skip is coming and i'm so ready for it they better switch boruto to seasonal
overall this season was 6/10
8/10 without fillers
Mar 26, 2023 4:07 AM

Jun 2019
Well... it ended. I don't have much to say about this show except that they could've done so much better but they didn't. So much unnecessary anime-only stuff that nobody cared about a bit. What a letdown. I hope we can have Seasonal Boruto from the next time onward but I highly doubt that would happen.
Mar 26, 2023 4:14 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Both Naruto and Kawaki screaming "This is my story" felt like the perfect wrap p to this part of the story, constructing perfectly Boruto saying it in the early stages of the show.
Makes it more interesting to see how Kawaki went from idolizing Naruto to "supposedly" killing him.
Mar 26, 2023 4:22 AM
May 2021
I never watched a filler only manga Canon episode it was a solid 9/10 For me can't wait for part 2 wishing it will have God level animation
Mar 26, 2023 4:24 AM

Apr 2018
It was no suprise for Boruto to come back otherwise we wouldn't even have gotten a second part. The fact that they both actually planned this beforehand and the resolve Kawaki had to kill Boruto was pretty insane. Well, as he said many times, he'd do anything for Naruto. Oh man, all those fucking foreshadowing in the end gave me so many goosebumps. And the sudden flash forward to the end of Boruto where he confronts Kawaki as the Last Shinobi. Jouganists, here we come. Oh man, when both of them said "it's my story" and when Kawaki asked Boruto what "everything" means to him. JUST PURE MADNESS AND HYPE. A great way to end the first part of Boruto. I've been watching Boruto since 2018 and back then, it was probably one of the most enjoyaqble series I watched every week. I didn't care back then about any kind of filler or anime canon episode. I just consumed what the show offered me and I absolutely enjoyed it. Started reading the manga a year and half later and I've noticed then how badly the fillers were in Boruto. Not as in the content, but the amount. I liked them back then. 
I've watched 95% of it besides the horrible arc where they've learnt how to repair a boat. Last two episodes were one of the best and hopefully part 2 will be fully canon. It'll be a feast if it's fully canon and only adapting the manga content. Well, if the break is long enough, we'll have enough to adapt. The manga is still monhtly which kinda sucks.

SideCharacterKalMar 26, 2023 8:19 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 26, 2023 4:32 AM
Apr 2021
Homura24 said:
that was a pretty good episode
hopefully part 2 airs soon

it will air from October
Mar 26, 2023 4:44 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
At last, Boruto didn't die and the last sequence as a continuation of the very first one only proved that he wouldn't. While Code isn't done yet, Kawaki is set to stop Boruto in his tracks if he were to injure Naruto in any way. As for the rest of the cast, yeah, they are nowhere to be seen until the next part comes out hopefully taking its sweet ass time.

Now, was this anime good? No, not at all and the main cause of it were the constant anime canon stories that dragged down the manga canon adaptation. One can clearly atest to what was canon and what wasn't by looking at the quality of the episode and seeing whether it was later referenced or not and in this case that was quite evident. It somehow had more filler episodes than the original Naruto series and the best moments didn't hit as hard, and it's a damn shame.

Now that's it's over, for newcomers or those with morbid curiosity, there are at most 50 episodes out of the almost 300 to watch in order to follow the story along, maybe less even. If you're not into Naruto... then why are you even reading this XD
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 26, 2023 4:45 AM
Nov 2022
Sangat sangat keren erpisode 293 ini
Mar 26, 2023 4:52 AM

Aug 2018
Absolutely incredible and far better than Naruto
Also this anime wouldn't be good if it weren't the "fillers". They develop characters greatly and ar a fresh slice of life
Mar 26, 2023 5:00 AM
Aug 2021
Nice end of first part
Mar 26, 2023 5:00 AM
Aug 2021
Nice end of first part
Mar 26, 2023 5:25 AM
Aug 2022
The episode was amazing and interesting. The fights were good. The animation and drawing were very good. I really enjoyed this episode.
Mar 26, 2023 5:38 AM
Mar 2023
One of the best ep so far
Mar 26, 2023 5:50 AM
Jul 2022
What an ENDING.

I’m not gonna give a heartfelt paragraph here. It’s really the end of part 1.

I’m looking forward to their endeavour!
Mar 26, 2023 5:53 AM

Mar 2020
Watched the episode twiced!

It's a great finale. Making me want to watch more! Part 2 please be fast.

Also the last part is amazing.

Looking forward for the part 2!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 26, 2023 5:53 AM

Apr 2020
Good ending. Loved the callback to the first episode, but I wish it was longer. I hope to see more of Sarada and her powers in the future. Kawaki is one of my favorites in the Naruto universe.
Mar 26, 2023 5:55 AM
Aug 2021
Hoping that Boruto Part 2 will be montly or so, and not 200 fillers again
Mar 26, 2023 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic final 2 episodes and the series had a few of these special episodes that actually felt like quality.
Too bad it came at the price of a really mediocre ~280 other episodes.

We'll see what they can do for the next part, just hope it doesn't come at the same price this series had to pay.

6/10
Mar 26, 2023 6:11 AM
Oct 2018
Looking back, boruto was a great anime if on watches only the manga canon episodes. Hopefully the anime will be seasonal whenever it comes back.
Mar 26, 2023 6:22 AM
Dec 2022
The episode had left some important manga panels out, but the ending to the episode really sets the hype up for how the rest of the story of Boruto is going to go. Can't wait to see how the story goes in both the manga and the anime
Mar 26, 2023 6:27 AM

Aug 2015
it was great how the finale went back to the beginning with adult boruto and kawaki confronting each other in konoha
ElfezenMar 26, 2023 7:03 AM
Mar 26, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2015
The fact that Boruto's life flash before Naruto's eyes was heart wrenching. Can't imagine what it'd be like losing a child but this seems genuine.
Wonder what would happen if he still had Kurama (then again this probably wouldn't have happened if he did).

Shikamaru and Naruto must feel so powerless against these people. Heck Shikamaru lost his cool and basically told Naruto
"Look your adopted son just made a doughnut out of your own son! Are you really okay with that?!".

Momoshiki still foreshadowing what is to come and it is quite the mind blower. I'm a bit surprised he doesn't know why it occurs though.
Love how Boruto and Kawaki were standing where they fight in the first episode. Now that I think about it, it was inevitable that Kawaki was going to get the karma back.

On another note, I do find it strange that Boruto is still a target to Kawaki. I mean, sure he's an Otsutsuki now but Momoshiki can't take him over now.
He's kind of in the same boat as Kawaki, right? I somewhat get Kawaki's obsession to only protect Naruto but it's as if he forgot that he was once a problem, too.

You get a get out of jail free card but Boruto still has to die instead of finding a way to help your brother. Hmmm.... I dunno.

Nonetheless, been watching this since it came out. To see it end here is kind of sad but now that some character's have been fleshed out a bit here and there, we can get into more manga stuff. I do hope they go the Hero Aca route so that we can get Boruto every year. Then again, with how the manga is set up, I'm not too sure if that is possible.

Just realized that Boruto and Kawaki have that sun and moon thing going on like Naruto and Sasuke had in Shippuden.

hai_X_isMar 26, 2023 7:04 AM
Mar 26, 2023 6:37 AM

Jun 2014
Oh boy it's about time the Boruto anime took a break. Just way too much filler for this to be a consistently enjoyable experience. I looked up a filler list and counted how many episodes were considered "manga canon," and ONLY a whopping 74 episodes were marked as manga canon. Yep, you read that right, 74 out of 293 episodes. That's way too much filler (and please, miss me with that "anime canon" nonsense lol, it's filler). Even if you include episodes marked as "mixed canon/filler," that number only jumps up to 85. Still way too much filler. 

This show was definitely a mixed bag. It had more lows than highs imo, but when it reached its highs, they were HIGH (the Naruto-verse has always had S-tier fight choreography). It's too bad though that those high moments really only came whenever they adapted manga canon stuff. And quite frankly, those moments were too few and far between. It's crazy to have to sit through god knows how many fillers before finally getting even decent material, so the enjoyment factor with this anime was way way too inconsistent. It's just not good when 75% of what you're watching is a chore to get through, just to be able to enjoy that decent to good 25%. 

Hopefully the anime takes a long break and lets the manga actually get some breathing room before it comes back. That's the issue with the manga being monthly, as it takes longer for it to increase the separation from the anime. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy some of Boruto, but again, those moments came and went sporadically and inconsistently. I grew up with Naruto, and the franchise holds a special place in my heart, but man, Boruto was lowkey a mistake and leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Anyone who bothered reading my post this far can interpret my words however they want, and some will probably think I'm being a hater, but I just truly want better for this entry in the Naruto franchise. And if this is the treatment a next gen Naruto sequel gets, it should have just never happened. Oh, and if you unironically believe Boruto is better than Naruto, please send me some of whatever you're smoking lol.
thebrentinator24Mar 26, 2023 6:44 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 26, 2023 7:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Heck of a finish for the series! Last episode kept us on the edge of our seats with the insane production levels and fast pacing but this episode went with a slower tempo to leave more of an impression behind I suppose. God, the way they paralleled the final few seconds of this episode with those from the start in the first episode, that's just brilliant! Plus the "This is my story!" Both have motivations that make sense and it's just a pity that it doesn't necessarily mesh well at times. 

Naruto's expressionless facade holding Boruto's seemingly dead body was painful already but when they added the small flashbacks with some of their past interactions and Hinata, I was like, "Oh no!" xD. Gets to me that, jeez. Of course Boruto wasn't going to die though. I was trying to of ways how he'd come back and I considered Momoshiki but I'd a feeling Amado would pull something out of his magic pockets or something, lmao. Guess I'm glad at least that wasn't the case. Momoshiki's evil laughter before the recurring warning though, now that's sinister asf. 

@thebrentinator24 I totally get you, and thanks for those numbers! It's insane how little canon content the Boruto series has had, no wonder why it's just so underwhelming, looking at it as a whole. To be honest, even some of the other things they adapted were disappointed. The Sasuke story for example, it was so terrible on so many levels xD. I checked out the Sasuke side-story manga and found that decent but the anime just made a freakin' mess out of it. 

In general, I would've to say the series had its moments but the fillers just ruined it. And Naruto's power level is so insignificant now, it's funny at this point. There were moments where I was wondering if Naruto was really that good and that's not a pleasant feeling, lmao. I'm the first to admit that the Naruto series itself had a lot of horrible fillers and probably not the most coherent story either but it holds a special place for me and there are so many memorable events or fights that I go back to from time to time but it wasn't really the case with Boruto and I feel that the groundwork of Boruto is to blame for this. Nevertheless, there seems to be something in the making now and I'm dearly hoping Part 2 can capitalise on it. 

For now though, I can't bring myself to give this 1st part anything beyond a 3/10. 

Looking forward to the 4 Naruto episodes this summer! 

Edit: After much consideration, I realise that I was lenient with the Narutoverse, so I'll up this to a 4/10 and leave it at that. 
_MushiRock11_Mar 26, 2023 8:04 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 26, 2023 7:51 AM

Jun 2020
Damuzen said:

then why are you watching it when you hate it so much? Are you one of the onepiece tard who will try to find any bad frames every eps lmao?
Mar 26, 2023 7:53 AM

Nov 2017
Naruto shedding a tear for Boruto... 😢 

There it is, the break! I will miss it so much! 😭 But can't wait for what's next!
Mar 26, 2023 7:53 AM

Jun 2020
Absolutely great way to end the series! Hope production can reduce some fillers in part 2✊
Mar 26, 2023 7:55 AM

Sep 2017
CodeXdagger said:
Damuzen said:

then why are you watching it when you hate it so much? Are you one of the onepiece tard who will try to find any bad frames every eps lmao?
Because I don't like dropping anime and I watched too many episodes of Boruto at a certain point to drop it, it would have been a waste not to finish it
And I couldn't care less about One Piece, idk where you got that from. I never complained about Boruto's animation (even though it's nothing special. It ain't ugly but it ain't pretty either, it's just...correct.)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.