Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2023 8:27 AM

Feb 2019
Imagine if a studio other than studio Deen made this.
Mar 22, 2023 8:30 AM
Feb 2020
nice episode... 
Mar 22, 2023 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
Even after being beat down, XX doesn't give up, and still has their villainy efforts to go. Plus with Leki the Deep Dragon being supersized, Orphen's answers to saving Claiomh lies in the Sanctuary, and Lottecia's just asking for more trouble by being involved in this XX spies vs. the Dragon races conflict in Urbanrama.

While Vulkan and Dortin are still holding the same stolen coffin from before, Orphen finds himself being cornered with information, though that was factual with evidence to back it up. But with the forest creeping in at a fast rate, Orphen and Lottecia getting ambushed by Helpart the Red Dragon for Ryan's forest to manifest towards Leki, things are looking bad.

The conflict's bound to come sooner or later...
Mar 22, 2023 12:40 PM

Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Imagine if a studio other than studio Deen made this.
Imma tell ya something. Deen did a splendid job with Konosuba, not only by having a good animation with no flaws whatsoever (of course, with what they can actuallly deliver, I'm not comparing them to Mappa or Ufotable, just Deen at its best), but they didn't rush the story. Konosuba is also a light novel, the first volume has around of 160 pages if I'm recalling it right and that got 6 episodes. Orphen's first volume is 180 pages and it was finished in 3. So yeah, Deen improved a lot the animation in the 2nd and 3rd season but still, they're rushing the fuck out of this show. Just so you know, the Stray Journey arc is 20 volumes long, and 18 are due to be in the anime, only volumes 2 and 3 didn't make it. I don't know what happened after Konosuba that Deen went downhill, even though they improved a lot with Orphen, but still, they didn't even touch what they accomplished with Konosuba. I still don't understand why Deen of all studios was chosen to adapt this series. It may not be a thing here in the west but it's big in Japan, it sold 14 million copies, twice the copies Konosuba sold. And I must say the same for Junji Ito, Deen's latest adaptation of his work isn't BAD but didn't do it justice. At least Ito is famous around the world, while Orphen is not, so people crave for a good Ito adaptation, while Orphen probably won't get any other.
Mar 22, 2023 6:59 PM

Sep 2020
Meh, when it comes do Studio Deen people always bring up the (many) poor and mediocre productions but never talk about all the good stuff the studio has created throughout the years.
The first season of KonoSuba, the second and third second of Log Horizon, Sakamoto desu ga, the second season of Hokuzi no Reitetsu and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju are all fantastic series that have been animated in the past decade and prove that when the stars align Deen can effectively create good animation.
Mar 22, 2023 7:17 PM

Feb 2019
Avvenirista said:
Meh, when it comes do Studio Deen people always bring up the (many) poor and mediocre productions but never talk about all the good stuff the studio has created throughout the years.
The first season of KonoSuba, the second and third second of Log Horizon, Sakamoto desu ga, the second season of Hokuzi no Reitetsu and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju are all fantastic series that have been animated in the past decade and prove that when the stars align Deen can effectively create good animation.

Bro snuck the third season of log horizon in there. Deen can make a good show once a decade. Even a broke clock is right twice a day.
Mar 23, 2023 3:17 AM

Sep 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Avvenirista said:

Bro snuck the third season of log horizon in there. Deen can make a good show once a decade. Even a broke clock is right twice a day.
Don't know what you're attempting to say with the first sentence, but yes, Deen can make not just one but multiple good shows in a decade.
Deen is not a fundamentally broken studio.
Mar 23, 2023 7:19 AM

Feb 2019
Avvenirista said:
Marinate1016 said:

Don't know what you're attempting to say with the first sentence, but yes, Deen can make not just one but multiple good shows in a decade.

> don’t know what you’re attempting to say with the first sentence

Skill issue. Anyway Deen are a broken and horrible studio. Shame orphen got stuck with this garbage 😔
Mar 23, 2023 9:32 AM

Sep 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Avvenirista said:

Skill issue. Anyway Deen are a broken and horrible studio. Shame orphen got stuck with this garbage 😔
Skill issue? What the hell are you even going about? Speak normally.
Mar 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Avvenirista said:

Which studio, considering the show's overall aesthetic and lore, would be the best to adapt the books, in your opinion?
Mar 23, 2023 1:26 PM

Feb 2019
fudish123 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Which studio, considering the show's overall aesthetic and lore, would be the best to adapt the books, in your opinion?

Silver link would be ideal.
Mar 23, 2023 2:07 PM

Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
fudish123 said:

I've only watched Watamote by them. I'd like to see Mappa do it, but they only take safe choices like CSM and AOT, or maybe even I.G Production. Fun fact: some personnel from I.G Production were involved in the PS2 videogame anime cutscenes and oddly enough it's the best Orphen animation out there, but I don't like how they changed the characters' traits.
Mar 23, 2023 3:36 PM

Feb 2019
fudish123 said:
Marinate1016 said:

I've only watched Watamote by them. I'd like to see Mappa do it, but they only take safe choices like CSM and AOT, or maybe even I.G Production. Fun fact: some personnel from I.G Production were involved in the PS2 videogame anime cutscenes and oddly enough it's the best Orphen animation out there, but I don't like how they changed the characters' traits.

This would be kinda similar to prillya in terms of tone so silver link would be great on this. You’ve missed a lot of you only seen one of their projects
Mar 23, 2023 4:31 PM

Sep 2020
Changing studios wouldn't change zilch as long as TO Books doesn't pump big money into the project, moreover no successful animation studio would adapt Orphen if they had to work with the same shoestring budget that Deen is using right now.
Tearmoon on the other hand is getting an adaptation by Silver Link this year and it's clear that TO Books will invest heavily in it.
Mar 23, 2023 6:10 PM

Jan 2021
Avvenirista said:
Changing studios wouldn't change zilch as long as TO Books doesn't pump big money into the project, moreover no successful animation studio would adapt Orphen if they had to work with the same shoestring budget that Deen is using right now.
Tearmoon on the other hand is getting an adaptation by Silver Link this year and it's clear that TO Books will invest heavily in it.
What is TO Books and what about this money stuff?
Mar 24, 2023 3:30 AM

Sep 2020
fudish123 said:
Avvenirista said:
What is TO Books and what about this money stuff?
TO Books is the franchise's publisher, previously it was Fujimi Shobo.
Well, it's about money, just money; Deen was chosen for the Orphen revival anime because it's able to work even with evidently low budgets while most other animation studios can't or won't do that.
Mar 24, 2023 6:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
No matter how the fight turns out to be I just hope that Cleao will be fine
Mar 24, 2023 9:06 PM
Jan 2018
Well that was anticlimactic. All that build up for a sword that is now useless. I hope we see a point to the magic killing sword.

I know y'all want a big studio adaption of Orphen, but it would probably be only one season. We would just be complaining about when season 2 comes out like fans do for Dorohedoro.

I never read the novels so I don't know what content was cut, but it's pretty hard to miss what I never had. This anime is a miracle in and of itself. So I guess we gotta accept what we got.

But if studio could animate this anime well it would be Madhouse. Even with shoestring budgets they are still doing fine work.
Apr 5, 2023 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
Lottecia just gotta get herself involved no matter what. The action was okay.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi: Urbanrama-hen Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 5, 2023

16 by matcauthon »»
Jul 15, 2023 2:11 PM

Poll: » Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi: Urbanrama-hen Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2023

11 by Roch2001 »»
Jun 14, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi: Urbanrama-hen Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2023

10 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 5, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi: Urbanrama-hen Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2023

18 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 5, 2023 11:44 AM

» How is this on it's 3rd season??

Scootboi - Jan 18, 2023

34 by fudish123 »»
Mar 16, 2023 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.