do you still support man child Eren?
yes
41.8%
no
42.1%
i do not know
16.1%
366 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 7, 2023 7:16 PM
Dec 2020
deg said:
CreepHazard said:

Deg my man it's fiction. It literally cannot be made to be flawless. So you could either spend time picking out the flaws and ignoring the best parts of the story or you could just ignore the flaws and enjoy the story. Don't ruin it for others too ffs

whats the point of the forums then? anyway fine i will try to let this be my last thread for a long time at least
Yea I hate that take. Most people criticize and nitpick flaws because they want it to be BETTER and have healthy discussion about it, not because they have some agenda to ruin the show for others.
Mar 7, 2023 8:29 PM

Jul 2019
Couldn't have said it better. With how Eren's character ended with him whining about dying and Mikasa when he killed billions just shows that he's a child. No, he's even worse than that in retrospect. Some say he's always been that way. That's who he is. My question to them is then what was the point of season 3? A season where he was supposed to have grown past his self-deprecation and weak mentality. No matter how you look at it logically, this shift in story, and especially the ending makes no sense.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Mar 7, 2023 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
PotatoAnimeBois said:
deg said:

whats the point of the forums then? anyway fine i will try to let this be my last thread for a long time at least
Yea I hate that take. Most people criticize and nitpick flaws because they want it to be BETTER and have healthy discussion about it, not because they have some agenda to ruin the show for others.

yep i totally agree like any criticism is seen as trolling too
Mar 7, 2023 11:04 PM

Aug 2021
true but i think that’s kinda the point
Mar 7, 2023 11:20 PM

Jan 2009
kxlel02 said:
true but i think that’s kinda the point

yep im sure its intentional point by Isayama the author himself
Mar 7, 2023 11:25 PM

Oct 2010
manchild or not, Eren keeps moving forward, I know you hate him because he's not cool like Simon when he kills people but your trying to convince us we should hate Eren is pathetic.
Eren kills 3 billion = manchild
Simon kills the entire anti-spiral race and hundreds of galaxies = cool, row row fight the power
All your points are "genocide is wrong" but you miss all Eren's arguments which is weird from a guy like you who's chill and a thinker. In the end, I guess we all are allowed to vent our frustrations even if we look so terrible when doing that. You wanted some attention, you got it.
Mar 7, 2023 11:33 PM

Jan 2009
Catalano said:
manchild or not, Eren keeps moving forward, I know you hate him because he's not cool like Simon when he kills people but your trying to convince us we should hate Eren is pathetic.
Simon kills the entire anti-spiral race and hundreds of galaxies = cool, row row fight the power
All your points are "genocide is wrong" but you miss all Eren's arguments which is weird from a guy like you who's chill and a thinker. In the end, I guess we all are allowed to vent our frustrations even if we look so terrible when doing that. You wanted some attention, you got it.

im a fan of villains like Thanos the thing is making genocide justifaction heroic is just bad for me, Eren is suppose to be a villain now but his fans still calls him a hero and Isyama is at fault there too since he made Eren look like a hero doing genocide

the anti spiral is a hive mind of villains so are humans of attack on titan villains too?
Mar 7, 2023 11:48 PM

Oct 2010
deg said:
Catalano said:

im a fan of villains like Thanos the thing is making genocide justifaction heroic is just bad for me, Eren is suppose to be a villain now but his fans still calls him a hero and Isyama is at fault there too since he made Eren look like a hero doing genocide

the anti spiral is a hive mind of villains so are humans of attack on titan villains too?
see? that's your problem, isayama isn't making Eren heroic, it's the fans but fans can like whatever, why do you try to control them, why can't they show their love for the character? just ignore them for fuck's sake and let them have whatever opinion. You making these threads is helping no one but your ego
Mar 7, 2023 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
Catalano said:
deg said:

see? that's your problem, isayama isn't making Eren heroic, it's the fans but fans can like whatever, why do you try to control them, why can't they show their love for the character? just ignore them for fuck's sake and let them have whatever opinion. You making these threads is helping no one but your ego

and why not let me criticize them back? is this place suppose to be a safe space? not a discussion forum?
Mar 7, 2023 11:58 PM

Oct 2010
deg said:
Catalano said:

and why not let me criticize them back? is this place suppose to be a safe space? not a discussion forum?
I said in my first post, we are allowed to do that but in my opinion it's pathetic
Mar 8, 2023 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
Catalano said:
deg said:

I said in my first post, we are allowed to do that but in my opinion it's pathetic

this show is controversial or has a controversial ending and i just find it worthy of that

youre just an Eren fan thats why youre against this thread
Mar 8, 2023 12:08 AM

Oct 2010
deg said:
Catalano said:

this show is controversial or has a controversial ending and i just find it worthy of that

youre just an Eren fan thats why youre against this thread
I didn't know you could be that petty but ok, do your thing
Mar 8, 2023 5:51 AM

Sep 2020
genocide and fascism bad

if eren is a manchild to do his own things, he would have more dumb excuses to justify his own genocide
Mar 8, 2023 9:04 AM
Apr 2022
Dudelnoodle said:
thunderkitten13 said:
Honestly, I hate hate Hate HATE how the best conclusion Iyasama could come up with is turning Eren into a homicidal maniac that has no qualms with slaughtering millions of innocent people. AOT evolved from a groundbreaking series to a flashy, obnoxious, contrived and pseudo-intellectual mess. From Mikasa kissing Eren’a decapitated head to Historian marrying some redneck in the boonies, it all screams amateur. Even if you just accept the conclusion, Eren choosing genocide is the mark of a weak man. The weak destroy and kill what they cannot control/understand, the strong seek to reforge/renew what causes them difficulty, no matter what it is. Hatred is not exclusive to AOT. In fact, someone in our universe already tried killing a whole mass of people to achieve “peace” or greatness…but the strong stopped him. It’s a ridiculous notion but the difference between what Hitler did and what Eren did is the level of power they actually wielded that could make a real difference. Eren could’ve forged some sort of alliance and resist the hatred in the world. He could be a pacifist only bent on protection and even formed connections with foreign governments for protection…something. He could’ve done SOMETHING besides killing…but no. In his infinite wisdom, creating Paradis into the embodiment of the Devil was the rational thing to do…and his plan wasn’t even smart! Like who is going to care that Paradis stopped Eren…that would only give them more reason to kill them because he represents the threat they pose! God, what a freaking disaster this series has been. Good riddance.

I think this person grossly misunderstand the story of AoT. I think the plot and story flew over this persons head.

Explain it then. If you can’t offer a counter point then why bother replying to my comment?
Mar 8, 2023 11:58 AM
suii

Dec 2018
hunderkitten13 said:

well colour me red, but i always thought it was some david + goliat thing when i checked out aot in 2013, eren did say something like its best not to be born at all, i dunno if it worth watching/reading now, it really didnt seem all that interesting to me
Mar 9, 2023 5:19 PM

Apr 2020
deg said:
CreepHazard said:

Deg my man it's fiction. It literally cannot be made to be flawless. So you could either spend time picking out the flaws and ignoring the best parts of the story or you could just ignore the flaws and enjoy the story. Don't ruin it for others too ffs

Thanks in advance, dude!

Stay strong. If you need some attention - message me. I'll try to boost your ego a bit, if needed ;)
Mar 9, 2023 7:30 PM

Jan 2009
Merve2Love said:
deg said:

Thanks in advance, dude!

Stay strong. If you need some attention - message me. I'll try to boost your ego a bit, if needed ;)

nah i do not need attention from the likes of you so go away now geez any criticism of your favorites is trolling for people like you
Mar 9, 2023 7:44 PM

Apr 2020
deg said:
Merve2Love said:

Thanks in advance, dude!

nah i do not need attention from the likes of you so go away now geez any criticism of your favorites is trolling for people like you

Ouch...that hurts^^ I just wanted to help.

So you don't need it, but you're still answering EVERY message from EVERYONE in here xD
How does that work? o.O
Mar 9, 2023 7:58 PM

Jan 2009
Merve2Love said:
deg said:

Ouch...that hurts^^ I just wanted to help.

So you don't need it, but you're still answering EVERY message from EVERYONE in here xD
How does that work? o.O

you quoted me first madam obviously you wanted attention for yourself
Mar 9, 2023 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
Yes because the Rumbling completes Eren's character. Right from the get go, he's always been a "suicidal maniac" that revels in destroying both himself and everything around him. In season 1, when he goes berserk against Annie, he says "I'll destroy this world. I am free." He even tells Mikasa right afterwards how good it felt to tear flesh apart. The deep irony is that he feels the greatest sense of liberation in total carnage. He knows no other way.

From a narrative standpoint, the Rumbling was the best thing to happen to him. His flashes of convoluted remorse bear sharp contrast to the euphoria he feels as he surrenders to that guilty pleasure of tearing the world apart limb from limb.

Everything else fades into the background. Politics, Eldian Nationalism, Yeagerism. None of that is on Eren's mind as he's soaring high in the clear blue sky. And this is part of what makes characters such as Floch truly tragic - he believed in & idolized an Eren that never existed. The Yeagerists were never anything more than tools, similar to Zeke or even Grisha.
Mar 9, 2023 8:06 PM

Jan 2009
Zekkenshin said:
Yes because the Rumbling completes Eren's character. Right from the get go, he's always been a "suicidal maniac" that revels in destroying both himself and everything around him. In season 1, when he goes berserk against Annie, he says "I'll destroy this world. I am free." He even tells Mikasa right afterwards how good it felt to tear flesh apart. The deep irony is that he feels the greatest sense of liberation in total carnage. He knows no other way.

From a narrative standpoint, the Rumbling was the best thing to happen to him. His flashes of convoluted remorse bear sharp contrast to the euphoria he feels as he surrenders to that guilty pleasure of tearing the world apart limb from limb.

Everything else fades into the background. Politics, Eldian Nationalism, Yeagerism. None of that is on Eren's mind as he's soaring high in the clear blue sky. And this is part of what makes characters such as Floch truly tragic - he believed in & idolized an Eren that never existed. The Yeagerists were never anything more than tools, similar to Zeke or even Grisha.

i do not remember Eren saying to Annie "I'll destroy this world. I am free." but im gonna look into that looks like that is a huge foreshadowing in old seasons
Mar 9, 2023 8:10 PM

Apr 2020
@deg

Maybe. But maybe I quoted you because this is your Thread, I was answering... Dunno who I was to quote...if not the guy asking the questions xD... I was just contributing to your Thread, you know.

Also...Not really getting into the answering everyone back for attention-point, huh?^^
Flawless defence as usual. My bad.

Trolling is your domain^^ Im a humble novice.
Mar 9, 2023 8:10 PM

Dec 2012
deg said:
Zekkenshin said:

i do not remember Eren saying to Annie "I'll destroy this world. I am free." but im gonna look into that looks like that is a huge foreshadowing in old seasons

Around 3:00. He's not saying it to Annie, but rather to himself. It's his inner most thought in the heat of the moment. I always remembered this scene which is why I was confused as to how people missed these obvious clues when the Rumbling finally began. Then again, I've rewatched AoT 4 times now so I've got most of S1-S3 committed to memory.
Mar 9, 2023 8:15 PM

Jan 2009
Zekkenshin said:
deg said:

Around 3:00. He's not saying it to Annie, but rather to himself. It's his inner most thought in the heat of the moment. I always remembered this scene which is why I was confused as to how people missed these obvious clues when the Rumbling finally began. Then again, I've rewatched AoT 4 times now so I've got most of S1-S3 committed to memory.

wow thanks for that its a huge foreshadowing that a lot of people miss for sure including me
Mar 11, 2023 10:26 PM
Feb 2022
thunderkitten13 said:
Honestly, I hate hate Hate HATE how the best conclusion Iyasama could come up with is turning Eren into a homicidal maniac that has no qualms with slaughtering millions of innocent people. AOT evolved from a groundbreaking series to a flashy, obnoxious, contrived and pseudo-intellectual mess. From Mikasa kissing Eren’a decapitated head to Historian marrying some redneck in the boonies, it all screams amateur. Even if you just accept the conclusion, Eren choosing genocide is the mark of a weak man. The weak destroy and kill what they cannot control/understand, the strong seek to reforge/renew what causes them difficulty, no matter what it is. Hatred is not exclusive to AOT. In fact, someone in our universe already tried killing a whole mass of people to achieve “peace” or greatness…but the strong stopped him. It’s a ridiculous notion but the difference between what Hitler did and what Eren did is the level of power they actually wielded that could make a real difference. Eren could’ve forged some sort of alliance and resist the hatred in the world. He could be a pacifist only bent on protection and even formed connections with foreign governments for protection…something. He could’ve done SOMETHING besides killing…but no. In his infinite wisdom, creating Paradis into the embodiment of the Devil was the rational thing to do…and his plan wasn’t even smart! Like who is going to care that Paradis stopped Eren…that would only give them more reason to kill them because he represents the threat they pose! God, what a freaking disaster this series has been. Good riddance.

It sems like the stories people write can be interpreted in different ways and with each person perspective, wao lmfao. I think you need to write something yourself to finally get something "good" to satisfy you.
Mar 16, 2023 11:46 AM
• Mafumafu Fan •

Apr 2018
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion.

AMQ: StephWeeb
Discord: drsteph
Join me on AnimeMusicQuiz!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1459 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
May 1, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1049 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
May 1, 10:18 AM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

59 by Akuya »»
Apr 25, 7:19 AM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.