Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 2, 2023 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
Seems like the reptilians are the first guys they've shown other than Hiraku.

Can this guy just help them re-populate already 💀

Mar 2, 2023 11:24 PM

Dec 2022
Taking down the wyvern with that spear is my action highlight of this season as of now. The build up, the music, the animations, the reactions of Ru and Tia to what is happening right in front of their eyes... Everything just falls into place perfectly. I really like that scene.

Cr4v1nDys
Mar 3, 2023 3:39 AM

Jul 2012
Damn that song during the Wyvern fight was incredible! 
Mar 7, 2023 6:20 AM

Nov 2013
continuing last episode ending moments, a wyvern is aproaching the farm ... is it hostile or friendly?

wtf, that's an interesting song
the wyvern started with a fireball, it got somewhat shielded, but some of it caused a fire, which the elves went to resolve
thinking hard about what to do to drive the wyvern away, he somehow made the tool into a spear, threw it, destroyed the wyvern barrier, brought back the spear and threw it again, easy battle lmfao
deciding that it was just a wild monster and not sent there by someone, they ended up eating it (lol i thought it was gonna transform into that dragon girl from the opening...)
lol about the story, the king wanted to try to eat one, but his men just got eaten instead

the girls thinking about how lucky they were that the dogs were the ones who caught them and not mc with his spear lols

the demon lord generals are worried about mnc, no way they can beat him if he can kill wyverns... better leave their positions while they are still able to :D
the demon lord himself saw that happened, so, is there a chance he was the one sending the wyvern? then again, his generals are afraid of wyverns, so i guess not lol anyway, now the demon lord will think many times before deciding to attack him

as good as food is, not having wine to pair with it is not acceptable anymore ... so let's go for some grapes ... and ofc, the best part is, watching the girls step on them lols (there's quite a few cute scenes about it in other anime, like Elaina or Priconne)

ofc, it's harder than it looks, and the girls start falling
to help with syncronizing their work, the elf girls started to sing a song from their village, what a cute scene

the goddess is mad at the god who sent the mc to the forest lol that spear is also dangerous and shouldn't be used by humans
oh, the goddess was his daughter, and as a punishment, he should sit for 300 years LOL

next, another girl got caught by the dogs, this time Ru's little sister, Flora
she called Tia a black-hearted angel lols also going dogeza to apologise for her rudeness to the master of the forest and her sister's husband

next, he finally learnt about Kuro's true identity, inferno wolf, who can breath fire ... but the girls found it suspicious that he didn't know

a special meal for the new girl, as an apologise for what the solves did to her ... and as expected, she loved it
using her love for research, she learned from mc about the methods of fermentation and is ready to make the whole world know about it lol
she left for a month and then came back with a ton of maids, guess that explains some of the charas from the op song... the leader one is called Anne
with them, there's also some cows, so they can get milk and make cheese

with all the pairings that we now have, Tia is feeling lonely/weak as the only angel ... so she leaves for a while and comes back with some of her own underlings, like the 3 angel valkyries and some lizards... and chickens who lay eggs and don't breath fire lols

the maids are ogres, that explains their horns... and of course, they are very polite and enjoy working , but their food are not very interesting (i mean, Sasha would love some potatoes...), so mc decided to teach them to cook ... which didn't work out that well ... and ofc, being ogres, they have quite a bit of strengh, look at that maid carrying all that stuff

next, the valkyries are working on watching whatever movements there is in the forest, to make sure there's no surprise attacks
the lizards are assigned to hard-work outside, like helping making houses (rip elves work?) ... the leader had to use a captain armband, otherwise it's hard to know which is which

the last of the wandering elves are here too, how many are there now? they were like 17 before... and it seems there's at least 20 more now ... with no other man around, we have to wonder how the girls will make more babies... cough

all the representatives of each specie came for a reunion, to decide on a name for their place, it's starting to be a big town with all the people there
naming it after mc is out of question, and calling it after the name of the forest... "the dead village" is also a bad idea
the spider came out with a good idea, since the village started around the big tree, the name shall be "the great tree village"
with that out of the way, a party to celebrate the name of the village is in course, and what better than to try the wine?
also, who better than mc to be the mayor? everyone agrees

look at how fun that party was, with people dancing, drinking wine... or Flora doing her research
drunk Tia calling for mc to sit with her, how cute
mc is all happy thinking this looks like a dream, he never expected his little farm would end up like this
the 2 went for a toast, and Ru woke up, look at her moving around LOL

the end of this episode is one of the nicest moments this season for me, i loved it :D
that being said, it feels like this would be a good point to end the season, but we're only half way
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 10, 2023 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
Ah we finally got a smol glimpse of the other countries.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 26, 2023 6:51 PM

Dec 2020
Alright a glimpse of outside the forest is gnice. but really "The Great Tree Village" why suck a wack name like cmon, yes yes yes isekai and all that trying to sound like some generic mmo village. But just give it an actual name like who came up with this? Just come up with a random name like what Overlord did with Nazarick.

I also wish the fight with the Wyfern lasted a little longer man just suddenly spawned a spear and one shot it, a little more action please.
niookookjoMar 26, 2023 7:00 PM
Mar 31, 2023 3:52 AM

Sep 2012
more women LMAO

this dude is lucky and unlucky at the same time, unlucky cause the ends up getting F'ed to death  LMAO
Apr 6, 2023 11:37 AM

Jul 2009
It's like the manga, but not in the same way.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 11, 2023 8:46 AM

Oct 2022
Lmao, a replica of the holy lance. This dude got a literal legendary weapon in his hands without knowing. And I knew there was more to great health than just being healthy. He might actually live longer than the average human does.

Apr 16, 2023 2:03 AM

Feb 2022
-> Hiraku killed a Wyvern

-> Scared the sht out of the neighboring kingdoms...

-> And eat the wyvern's meat
Jul 13, 2023 8:28 PM
Jan 2021
Things ramped up quickly….

Firstly we gotta talk about the Ultimate Farming Tool. IT WAS REALLY A REPLICA OF THE HOLY LANCE GRYME?! That explains why all of a sudden it turned into a weapon to immediately decimate that Wyvern. And of course Hiraku almost immediately asks if the Wyvern can be eaten. My boy wants to cook everything possible.

It seems that Flora is like Lu. She instigated conflict with the Inferno Wolves (Kuro’s group) and Zabuton, gets tied up. Luckily for her, Hiraku isn’t into killing anything that isn’t wild.

I didn’t expect her to come back with her own maids AND then for Tia to try to one up her and come back with some lizardmen and other angels AND then for more High Elves to show up. Yup, Hiraku is achieving his dream of a village, the Great Tree Village.

It seems there are some groups that may attack the village in the near future, but we’ll see.

I’m excited to see what goes down.
Jul 14, 2023 3:07 PM

Jul 2016
"Ultimate Farming Tool" --> *proceeds to become an op spear and Gae-Bolg's the shit out of a fucking Wyvern*

OST during the Wyvern attack sounded way too epic for this chill isekai anime.

Will MC bang Lu's sister too?
Aug 14, 2023 6:54 AM
Sep 2018
The wyvern battle was hype asf
Aug 28, 2023 6:54 PM
Aug 2023
Holy crap too many new villagers. From my rough count about 35 new elves (if all the elves shown in that group were new), 14 ogre maids (if there wasn't more off camera frame), 3 angels, and unknown amount of lizardmen. I'm actually kind of surprise it wasn't all lizardmen women. Add that to 2 vampires, 1 angel, 7 initial elves plus 5 additional elves, and a bunch of infernal wolves and demon spiders.

Elves alone is about 47, if the MC was to "service" each of them, that's almost 1 per week for a year. Does the MC also have to "service" the 2 vampires, 4 angels...and maybe the 14 ogre maids also? That's 67! I guess since he has super regenerative stamina/life force, he can "service" one each night giving them all a 2 month rotation.

It's nuts to think the MC's harem is so big that harem logistics need to be thought out about. I mean just to repopulate the elves (gen1), the MC can only keep "servicing" the gen1 elves, and not any successive gens without causing inbreeding. Gen2 male elves can't get it on with the Gen2 female elves because they're all their step sisters, so the gen2 male elves would also have to "service" the gen1 elves other than their mothers. I don't even think the gen3 or gen4 male elves are in the clear to breed with the gen2 females. The elves are lucky they have incredible long lifespans, it'd be way harder with a human lifespan for waiting for successive generations to grow up, and still be alive and able to reproduce.
Sep 7, 2023 12:00 AM
May 2021
Drakon759 said:
does anybody know what the song/tune used for the wyvern fight is

I might be a little late but here it is:

The song is called Saiyaku no Honoô by Yasuharu Takanashi

https://youtu.be/j2I2rxEe_Y8?si=ESqFivLh7wWDJdW1
Dec 16, 2023 3:38 PM

Dec 2022
Of course this alleged farming tool would immediately end the wyvern "threat" by turning into a legendary spear. Doesn't appear as if any problem in this anime is allowed to exist for more than a few seconds, so why bring them up in the first place?
Garrett_Dark said:
It's nuts to think the MC's harem is so big that harem logistics need to be thought out about. I mean just to repopulate the elves (gen1), the MC can only keep "servicing" the gen1 elves, and not any successive gens without causing inbreeding. Gen2 male elves can't get it on with the Gen2 female elves because they're all their step sisters, so the gen2 male elves would also have to "service" the gen1 elves other than their mothers. I don't even think the gen3 or gen4 male elves are in the clear to breed with the gen2 females. The elves are lucky they have incredible long lifespans, it'd be way harder with a human lifespan for waiting for successive generations to grow up, and still be alive and able to reproduce.
What are you on about? How do you think a genetic load is purged? Because it's the exact opposite of what you're questioning that results in its initial accumulation.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 9:13 PM
Aug 2023
Reply to Archean-Return
Of course this alleged farming tool would immediately end the wyvern "threat" by turning into a legendary spear. Doesn't appear as if any problem in this anime is allowed to exist for more than a few seconds, so why bring them up in the first place?
Garrett_Dark said:
What are you on about? How do you think a genetic load is purged? Because it's the exact opposite of what you're questioning that results in its initial accumulation.
@Archean-Return
I was talking about avoiding inbreeding by having the generation difference far away enough from each other, and reusing the gen1 elves with unrelated offspring. I was unaware of genetic purging that happens during inbreeding, which I just looked up now. What are you talking about? Are you suggesting they should not care if they're inbreeding, that genetic purging will take care of the problem?

From what I looked up it says genetic purging doesn't usually compensate for all the negative effects of inbreeding. Also, if I understood it correctly, "natural selection removes inbred children and their offspring with deleterious alleles from the gene pool" means there's going to be a lot of screwed up unhealthy inbred offspring dying off before the surviving inbred offspring are naturally selected that are resistant to the negative effects of inbreeding. Why suffer those loses when the population can be increased without the need of inbreeding unless it's unavoidable? With a population that large, and with the elves long lifespans, inbreeding seem unnecessary altogether.

Am I correct, or incorrect? I would like to know because this would also explain the situation in Dr.Stone where a starting population was of six people.
Dec 16, 2023 10:18 PM

Dec 2022
Garrett_Dark said:
I was talking about avoiding inbreeding by having the generation difference far away enough from each other, and reusing the gen1 elves with unrelated offspring. I was unaware of genetic purging that happens during inbreeding, which I just looked up now. What are you talking about? Are you suggesting they should not care if they're inbreeding, that genetic purging will take care of the problem?

From what I looked up it says genetic purging doesn't usually compensate for all the negative effects of inbreeding. Also, if I understood it correctly, "natural selection removes inbred children and their offspring with deleterious alleles from the gene pool" means there's going to be a lot of screwed up unhealthy inbred offspring dying off before the surviving inbred offspring are naturally selected that are resistant to the negative effects of inbreeding. Why suffer those loses when the population can be increased without the need of inbreeding unless it's unavoidable? With a population that large, and with the elves long lifespans, inbreeding seem unnecessary altogether.

Am I correct, or incorrect? I would like to know because this would also explain the situation in Dr.Stone where a starting population was of six people.
Because inbreeding doesn't magically produce bad genes on its own, and only expresses (or reinforces) existing recessive genes a population already inherits, deleterious or beneficial in nature. Given that this mutational load already accumulates in an outbreeding population, to the point where mutations will again compensate for the initial fitness gain with a decrease in fertility; it can be assumed that any instances of selective pressures would result in harsh population dropoffs as a consequence. Rather than having a founding population avoid it entirely, there should be a balance met between genetic relationship coefficients, meaning even something like two different inbred strains in the population could be crossed while still resulting in hybrid vigour, in addition to a reduced cost of sex and increased expression of beneficial recessive phenotypes.

Seeing as the population of the farming village in this setting is already a decent size, the population established within a few generations of what is essentially going to be panmictic breeding within a somewhat insular community isn't going to have to actively adopt any specific breeding strategy to be sustainable, especially seeing as everyone there is already demonstrably healthy.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 17, 2023 1:20 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to Archean-Return
Garrett_Dark said:

Because inbreeding doesn't magically produce bad genes on its own, and only expresses (or reinforces) existing recessive genes a population already inherits, deleterious or beneficial in nature. Given that this mutational load already accumulates in an outbreeding population, to the point where mutations will again compensate for the initial fitness gain with a decrease in fertility; it can be assumed that any instances of selective pressures would result in harsh population dropoffs as a consequence. Rather than having a founding population avoid it entirely, there should be a balance met between genetic relationship coefficients, meaning even something like two different inbred strains in the population could be crossed while still resulting in hybrid vigour, in addition to a reduced cost of sex and increased expression of beneficial recessive phenotypes.

Seeing as the population of the farming village in this setting is already a decent size, the population established within a few generations of what is essentially going to be panmictic breeding within a somewhat insular community isn't going to have to actively adopt any specific breeding strategy to be sustainable, especially seeing as everyone there is already demonstrably healthy.
@Archean-Return
This is all real fascinating, I mean it...I just read up on the inbreeding article on Wikipedia, which confirms what you're saying about the increase likelihood of recessive genes expression/inheritance, whether detrimental or beneficial.

Given the MC, IIRC, was given super attributes when they isekai'ed I'd assume he wouldn't have any detrimental recessive genes. The elves and other inhabitants would likely all have pretty good genes given they live in a harsher world. So I guess inbreeding for them wouldn't be as risky. This also sort of explains the six people on Dr.Stone, they would have been screened and selected for top health and ability as part of their application process, thus reducing the likelihood they had expressed detrimental genes to pass on.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

143 by vrzt »»
May 9, 8:57 PM

» Season 2?

Grimm0123 - Dec 10, 2023

23 by SassyBug »»
Apr 30, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2023

62 by f1ndANIMEfind1ng »»
Apr 26, 11:54 PM

» HE DID GET L A I D RIGHT??????

Jigglephysic - Feb 3, 2023

23 by Sch4n »»
Apr 8, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

169 by ODOAKRI-Dubber »»
Feb 20, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.