Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 6, 2023 4:30 AM

Nov 2011
So we got a main protagonist who reincarnated and given farming tools in a new world lol. I've seen this recently before with similar tropes but hey, this one actually loves its farming gimmicks.

Animation quality could improve more as it feels average at best. Hopefully Hiraku can adapt with his new life as a farmer. Looks like there's going to be cartoony segments running in the head of Hiraku and I bet it's going to be a recurring gag this season.
Jan 6, 2023 4:30 AM

Jul 2017
Well, if this is the typical farming Isekai show we get, this IS about as close as it can get to farming as far as Isekai is concerned.

The life of a farmer with the typical harem of girls, I guess this is the "3rd time's the charm" effect of FINALLY getting the formula right, if farming is ever correlated into the premise for a start.

And most certainly, this is 39-year-old Hiraku Machio's wish from dying IRL and God granting him a 2nd life in another world: a laid-back farming life in a Minecraft-like RPG fashion of figuring things out on his own. Things like getting food and water and making things out of resources with his almighty farming tool the hoe, Machio does all he can to make the best out of his situation. Even with monsters, it's a gray area that he at least knows how to circumvent, at least for now.

With work comes progress, and Machio sees his work become fruitful. The encounter with some dogs to feed it whilst one of them is a female that's about to give birth, and the log house serves as a cover with some heat. And surprise surprise, the family of dogs came in healthy and calm, so the house is next to house them all, while getting protectors as a free gift.

There's just so much to do, but there's no rush, and take your time, Machio.

In actuality, this is a rather decent, but good start. I'm surprised.
KANLen09Jan 6, 2023 11:55 PM
Jan 6, 2023 5:27 AM

Apr 2010
This was one of the only exceptions where the manga was better than the novel in my personal opinion so it's nice to see an anime and see the differences.
Have to say tho that i am not fond of starting with a future reference of what his life will become but it's nice for those who don't know the story i guess.
It was nice seeing the main start out like this and building his new life, a new start and working hard towards it.
Let's hope things work out well for him.
Jan 6, 2023 5:33 AM

Apr 2014
I don't want to compare but just the first episode alone is already better than the farming isekai from the previous season.
btw, when the MC said he was watching farming idol, I thought of one anime.
AkeZZZJan 6, 2023 5:37 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 6, 2023 6:26 AM

Jul 2019
I have no idea why, but I found myself enjoying this quite a lot. I am just getting Minecraft vibes. This anime is just cozy
Jan 6, 2023 6:51 AM

Apr 2021
Wasn't that bad.
Well compared to the farming isekai of last season, most anime is good.
Jan 6, 2023 6:56 AM

Apr 2022
Surprisingly cozy. 

Though we got a spoiler from what the future will look like in the beginning, I'd still like to sit and watch as Hiraku builds his home from the ground up.
Jan 6, 2023 7:28 AM
May 2021
The anime equivalent of watching paint dry.
Jan 6, 2023 8:10 AM
Aug 2021
godtier sol no offense
very calm and cozy isekai
bro really be doing some farming
not that other farmer isekai
that goes around being a adventurer
with those slaying dragons by carrots bs
man really be doing some farming
and about 2/3 of this episode
is the dude talking to himself
but dudes be very intelligent
and not too overpowered
very cool and awesome
cant wait to see more isekai sol farming action
Cabbage_CatJan 6, 2023 8:13 AM
Jan 6, 2023 8:26 AM

Jul 2022
Aww man, I really like this one.
A farming slice of life isekai, which promises to become a harem situation.
It's really some kind of heaven for some folks. Love the world building from scratch thing and the near-zero drama.
I do sincerely hope this one fleshes out well as it could be an idyllic escapist go-to for drifting off to sweet dreams.
Jan 6, 2023 8:31 AM
Dec 2022
YeeYeeAss said:
I have no idea why, but I found myself enjoying this quite a lot. I am just getting Minecraft vibes. This anime is just cozy

same felt like building my Minecraft world
Jan 6, 2023 8:33 AM
Feb 2022
For those who don't know, this is the OG of all the farming isekai. And it has the charm of the OG you get. I really love the novel and its wholesomeness and hilarious nature. Looking forward to more of the anime too, Ep 1 was enjoyable.
Jan 6, 2023 8:35 AM
Jan 2021
That was actually soul soothing and cozy, the music, his slow but steady progress, doggos, I really enjoyed that and I am looking forward to more of it

Animation is okay as well as music, theres a lot to improve on but overall it was a very good first episode
Jan 6, 2023 8:56 AM

Nov 2016
It's nice to see protagonist taking care of some dogs. That's a welcomed and wholesome change of pace compared to saving some waifus. I'm more of a fan of laid back isekai in general.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2023 9:06 AM

Oct 2017
This might become repetative and boring.
Jan 6, 2023 9:12 AM
Sep 2015
It has a sandbox feeling, at least for the first episode. And at least this anime is closer, much closer to farming than the previous anime from previous season... you know that... though I'm not entirely cheer when there are only 2-3 guys in the whole village.
Jan 6, 2023 9:17 AM

Feb 2022
I wish they wouldn't have showed the future village at the start of the anime, part of the journey for shows like these is to see how it develops, to immediately show us how it turns out takes some of the fun away to me. I do like the feel of this show though and look forward to more.
Jan 6, 2023 9:29 AM
Feb 2022
Watching this mainly because the recent "Maxed my farming skills and somehow became strong" or whatever its name was non isekai show. I just love that show. At the start I saw it as what it is, a parody and I haven't laughed so much since Konosuba. Now lets see if this show can scratch the same funny bone or be an enjoyable relaxing slice of life fantasy isekai. 😀
Jan 6, 2023 9:32 AM
Dec 2022
I think 1st episode was pretty good and have potential to grow but after 1st i think they will focus on harem.But after 1st episode i think it is good so you should try it.
Jan 6, 2023 9:34 AM
Dec 2022
I think 1st episode was pretty good and have potential to grow but after 1st i think they will focus on harem.But after 1st episode i think it is good so you should try it.
Jan 6, 2023 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
So the isekai anime about farming really was all about Farming.. color me unsurprised..

Jokes aside, The ep really felt like 2 minutes... Shit was so fking immerse and interesting.. I have skipped many isekais from last few seasons so this one is a first from me.. and I'm Glad!

Looks like there is still some time before the tiddy angel and the flatchest whitey appear.. Hope we see more of the World building (get it!)

This gets a 8.5/10 from me.. I hope this continues for the rest of the EPs
Jan 6, 2023 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
Hey, I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I do. The production quality is surprisingly good for an isekai and it's far better than the farming show we got last season. The MC is actually a decent person who was kind enough to save two wild animals. I really like him. Going to be looking forward to this show each week.

Kind of funny he didn't even reincarnate as a baby, though. Just woke up as an adult and went straight to work.
Jan 6, 2023 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
O shit. Aizen actually became a God here.

Jan 6, 2023 10:36 AM

Mar 2018
I really liked the manga, and this first episode didn't let me down either; I'm looking forward to this.
Jan 6, 2023 10:42 AM
Jul 2021
This first episode was heavily reliant on deus ex machina, but I still found it to be a decently enjoyable watch, which I was not expecting. For those who read the source material though, should we expect this to devolve into a standard generic harem complete with the usual lame antics as women get added?
Jan 6, 2023 12:06 PM

Nov 2018
MC is playing minecraft with hacks. Pretty nice animation and first episode. Can't wait to see how it goes
Jan 6, 2023 1:06 PM

Jul 2008
Actually a proper start, though I don't know why all these series feel like they need to show "how this all will end up like" in the very beginning. Are they expecting the viewers to get bored before the series gets to more "juicy" parts? Just feels like a weak mindset. There really should be no reason to introduce all those characters in the beginning, why not just leave them as surprises for later...

But regardless, great first episode I'd say.

Jan 6, 2023 1:15 PM
Aug 2016
AkeZZZ said:
I don't want to compare but just the first episode alone is already better than the farming isekai from the previous season.
btw, when the MC said he was watching farming idol, I thought of one anime.
I instantly thought of Nourin when he said that.
Jan 6, 2023 1:24 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
good start to the anime. Seems like his farm is progressing well and now he has a couple of wolfs or dogs as well. Also an intro to the first of his harem?? :)

Jan 6, 2023 1:50 PM
Aug 2021
Never thought it would be so interesting and relaxing to see some guy build his own farm, this is like watching a Minecraft let's play. The waifus look great also.
Jan 6, 2023 2:15 PM
Feb 2021
This is better than I thought it would be, I figured I would enjoy it but not this much. Call me crazy but the animation is actually pretty good, the part where he cut the tree in one go was super smooth with the slow-mo. Got me excited for the rest
Jan 6, 2023 2:21 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. I am excited for this anime, especially from the opening scene.
Jan 6, 2023 2:27 PM
May 2021
it's definitely different, but it's nice and comfortable. the main protagonist is a sweetheart. im looking forward to next week
My 2023 candies:
Jan 6, 2023 2:35 PM

Nov 2011
I really liked this anime a lot. It will be nice to see the development of seeing him obtain a Harem but besides that I thought it was a pretty fun and honestly somewhat educational anime.

I liked the transitions as well. Like when it shows how developed his land is.

Art and animation are great as well. Def had Konosuba s2 vibes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 6, 2023 2:58 PM

Jul 2022
The first episode was sort of fast paced. Seems like a nice Sol and I can already see I'm going to enjoy this
Kek

Jan 6, 2023 3:33 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is the same basic first episode as so many other generic isekai with a Kirito clone lol
Jan 6, 2023 4:08 PM

Sep 2019
I'm glad my favorite genre is getting animes nowadays and this is so relaxing.
Jan 6, 2023 4:19 PM
Apr 2022
not bad......for an isekai
Jan 6, 2023 4:30 PM

May 2015
This was such a chill watch. 

I love watching isekai like this where its about building something rather than just OP powers. (So like Log Horizon with building the city or That Time I got reincarnated as a Slime with building his kingdom) 

I could genuinely just watch a full series of him growing his property and essentially just playing minecraft but in anime form lol. (But it will be nice once other characters get introduced.) 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 6, 2023 4:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Did my eyes deceive me, or did I witness actual farming in a farming anime? I only say this because I watched Farm Skills last season and while it wasn’t a bad show it was not what I wanted it to be lol, and to actually get an SoL farming fantasy/Isekai this time just feels too good lol. And I’m a huge sucker for Isekai SoLs, Slime 300 and Drugstore are favorites of mine and it looks like I might be a big fan of this one if it keeps up what we saw in this first episode.

Since there’s no characters to interact with I enjoyed Machio commentating his new life as he basically plays Minecraft lol, the digging diagonally was what really made me think that. I also like that they brought up the issue of a toilet, it’s just something you don’t see often and Machio sitting there in the middle of the forest really reminded me of a certain Family Guy bit lol. And I’m not that into the fact they showed his life in the future but it will be interesting to see how he gets such a massive harem and flourishing farm lol. The OP and ED were both really nice and chill, and I’m glad to finally be getting the farming SoL I wanted last season.
Jan 6, 2023 5:27 PM
Feb 2018
I was happy with the first episode it stayed close to the manga although in the manga he used the hoe to cut a path so not to get lost. I did my the VA or artstyle look forward to next episode
Jan 6, 2023 5:32 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't watch last season's farming show so I might as well watch this one.

And after watching the episode... I really liked it. I like the MC, lots of waifus (we barely saw them but my favorite design wise has to be the short haired blonde in the white dress), pretty relaxing and most importantly, I had fun. Looking forward to more.
Jan 6, 2023 6:13 PM
Oct 2022
I'm so glad this farming anime has started with farming, focused on farming and appears to be all about farming, unlike last season's farming anime.

the MC is a well rounded character, has OP equipment but no clue on how to use them fully. so it's good to see a place for character development.

there's a future scene that shows how his farm will look and all his friends. it's a nice way to give us an image of what he is intended to build and the journey throughout.

overall I really enjoyed this episode and I hope the slit of life, wholesome feel continues till the end.
Jan 6, 2023 6:21 PM
Aug 2019
I like the anime adaptation. i like the animation, the music is very enjoyable, the humor too and most of all i like the story.. can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 6, 2023 7:49 PM

Feb 2019
those wolf-dogs grew attached to him, and to show their loyalty, they remained with him and safeguarded his place, which became their own now too since it provided them a safe place to have their pups.

not a bad first episode. i thought it'd be a slow-placed, backstory/introductory episode, but surprisingly enough, it moved along at a decent pace without boring me lol
Jan 6, 2023 8:14 PM

Jul 2021
This episode depicts how I play Minecraft for the first time. I would be seriously dead if I was spawned in a forest biome LMAO but this guy got the tools in the bag so it should be fine. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 6, 2023 8:32 PM
Oct 2022
really enjoyed it!
Jan 6, 2023 8:35 PM

Mar 2021
Such a pleasant surprise! Glad I picked this one up -- hopefully the MC doesn't get wrapped up in some cliché 'we gotta defeat the Demon Lord' plot, because that sort of thing always spoils these slow life shows
Jan 6, 2023 8:49 PM
Feb 2022
Bandanaa said:
Such a pleasant surprise! Glad I picked this one up -- hopefully the MC doesn't get wrapped up in some cliché 'we gotta defeat the Demon Lord' plot, because that sort of thing always spoils these slow life shows

Well "Banished from the heros party I..." have that plot while doing slice of life excellently. The Demon Lord slaying as a main plot doesn't have to ruin a good fun show.
Jan 6, 2023 9:14 PM
May 2022
Not a bad start, actually looking forward to this series moving forward.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» HE DID GET L A I D RIGHT??????

Jigglephysic - Feb 3, 2023

23 by Sch4n »»
Apr 8, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

169 by ODOAKRI-Dubber »»
Feb 20, 5:15 AM

» Season 2?

Grimm0123 - Dec 10, 2023

22 by Noodlelicious »»
Feb 5, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

JiangHaoyi1979 - Feb 14, 2023

17 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 3, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2023

118 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.