Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 7, 2023 3:01 PM
Jan 2023
Eoussama said:
What a scumbag has he turned into.
tf you want him to do? either he does that or blood will be shed more 
Feb 7, 2023 6:42 PM
Apr 2021
o anime não está ruim! exceto pelo fato da animação ter decaído bastante...
Feb 7, 2023 6:56 PM
Mar 2015
Canute was much viciouser than any Viking
Feb 7, 2023 7:50 PM

Nov 2021
Canute making big moves ⚔️
Feb 7, 2023 8:45 PM

Dec 2015
What a beautiful episode I'm just speechless
Feb 7, 2023 9:15 PM
Nov 2016
This one is a surprisingly good episode, much better than the farming crap we had so far so yeah, this is the best episode so far in this season.
Feb 7, 2023 10:37 PM
Aug 2020
It’s just incredible the way they are building this season
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 8, 2023 1:09 AM
Jun 2017
Thorkell is back in this season alongside the new king Canute... the war is just getting real....
Feb 8, 2023 1:44 AM
Feb 2013
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Feb 8, 2023 5:33 AM

Sep 2012
I'm assuming that's what happened during the timeskip, now we're back on track. Dedicating this entire episode on Canute means he has a big role this season. But man he still has an ugly ass haircut even with a beard.
Feb 8, 2023 7:13 AM

Sep 2020
He is so different since the the first time appearing, and now he does has that king vibes, so I guess it will be them trying to overthrow him in the end.
Feb 8, 2023 7:22 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was not a criticism but more so a commentary on what power does to people.
Feb 8, 2023 7:53 AM
Nov 2022
canute's transformation is fabulous
Feb 8, 2023 8:01 AM

Jan 2021
As someone who had binged the whole show up to the current episode, so I had no time to glorify season 1, season 2 is definitely better already soo far.

Askeladd's Death was soo important for Thorfin because he can now develop as a character outside his one dimensional state before.

Canute is also a big change though I would argue all of his character development happened much quicker being in one episode last season, he is now putting it all into action as the king.

I'm enjoying the political themes of the story and the complete break down of Thorfins character as he rebuilds himself as he discovers purpose.
Feb 8, 2023 8:17 AM
Jan 2022
Canute is back and he has a beard what more do you want in life
Feb 8, 2023 8:29 AM
Mar 2021
Priyansh10644 said:
waiting for thorfinn to fight

lol you can wait for that
Feb 8, 2023 9:13 AM
Aug 2020
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
What makes Seinen superior to Shounen is how it fleshes out each character in the story other than the Protagonist

I always thought the problem with shounen is that they have trouble writing good protagonists, while they excel at writing interesting side characters, there aren't many people whos favorite hxh character is Gon(although he is actually a very good protag), same with fmab, naruto, and one piece.
Feb 8, 2023 9:21 AM

Dec 2021
DaddyDonovan said:
I always thought the problem with shounen is that they have trouble writing good protagonists, while they excel at writing interesting side characters, there aren't many people whos favorite hxh character is Gon(although he is actually a very good protag), same with fmab, naruto, and one piece.
Most users love side characters not for their depth but for their badass ability or physical appearance
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Feb 8, 2023 9:30 AM
Aug 2020
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
DaddyDonovan said:
Most users love side characters not for their depth but for their badass ability or physical appearance
thats reasonable but even based on how well written they are Killua, Kurapika, Chrollo, Meruem, and Schaiapouf are all probably more complex than Gon, Bradley, greedling, and roy are probably all better written than ed( although ed is also a good protagonist), Sanji, Robin, and Doflamingo are better written than luffy, this type of thing applies to probably every long running shounen except aot and supposedly gintama and yu yu hakusho(i haven't seen those two yet so I won't say) meanwhile the protag is considered top 2 or 3 in pretty much every seinen except maybe monster.
Feb 8, 2023 9:33 AM

Dec 2021
DaddyDonovan said:
thats reasonable but even based on how well written they are Killua, Kurapika, Chrollo, Meruem, and Schaiapouf are all probably more complex than Gon, Bradley, greedling, and roy are probably all better written than ed( although ed is also a good protagonist), Sanji, Robin, and Doflamingo are better written than luffy, this type of thing applies to probably every long running shounen except aot and supposedly gintama and yu yu hakusho(i haven't seen those two yet so I won't say) meanwhile the protag is considered top 2 or 3 in pretty much every seinen except maybe monster.
FMAB FMA, HxH and Gintama deserve to be called GOAT while AoT and One Piss are complete trash

If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Feb 8, 2023 9:37 AM
Aug 2020
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
DaddyDonovan said:
FMAB FMA, HxH and Gintama deserve to be called GOAT while AoT and One Piss are complete trash

I prefer fma 2003 over fmab as well but interestingly in fma 2003 ed is one of the best characters, while he is overshadowed in brotherhood, I disagree with you on one piece and aot but I guess I can see why someone might not like them, also hxh is definitely goated
Feb 8, 2023 9:43 AM
Aug 2020
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
DaddyDonovan said:

btw what do you dislike about aot and one piece?
Feb 8, 2023 9:43 AM
Jan 2020
This seasons finally getting good.
Feb 8, 2023 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
Last few eps were nice, but politics is so bland in this show >_>
Feb 8, 2023 11:58 AM
Jan 2023
Canute just be aging like a lightning xD
Feb 8, 2023 12:59 PM
Jul 2020
Why tf is Canut here? I was told we would be farming, but then THIS GUY! SHOWS UP, and doesn't farm. L show. L character. Watch Uzaki
Feb 8, 2023 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
Anyone knows the name of the OST at the end?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 8, 2023 7:50 PM

Dec 2021
DaddyDonovan said:
btw what do you dislike about aot and one piece?
AoT has plot twists just for the sake of plot twists; it's overall themes seem facile to me

One Piece is just regurgitated Fairy tail with pirates
Feb 8, 2023 8:27 PM
Jan 2023
RPWPA said:
they don't announce the OSTs until later of the season. 
Feb 8, 2023 11:07 PM
Jun 2021
This was a really great Canute episode and how he became the king
Feb 8, 2023 11:19 PM
Feb 2023
Softhenic03 said:
Canute's side of the story.

It wasn't just Thorfinn whose life took an unprecedented turn after Askeladd’s demise, in fact it’s Canute who looks like a totally different being, impacted to the core after the aforementioned incident. Now next in line to the throne of England, along with Ethelred he plans to take the throne all for himself and become the rightful king, through any means necessary. And well there's no doubt he will, given there’s someone like Thorkell serving under him. Good to see him again btw, and that overly energetic self of his. His fondness for wars hasn't changed a bit though. 

Look you, Eadric you tried to buy Canute with truckloads of gold but does he really need them? No, I mean he wants the throne of England. So nevermind the gold, heck he burned his whole land just to give a reality check of what would happen if someone would refuse his wish. Man has to poison Ethelred after all, and that’s your foe down. Ethelred’s son suffered the same fate and… that’s the throne for Canute. He would make his enemies fall with any means necessary. The one true quality of a cunning leader.

Smug was aight
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Canute changed when he realized that death was not glorious because redemption (for him) was not in the afterlife.  He'd already changed by the time Asheladd had chopped off the Kings head.  

Big points from this ep:  Canute stuck to his guns about taking slaves.  He didn't flinch at Thorkell coming at him.  Quiet displays of reach are often more effective than loud displays of boisterousness.  

I am stopping myself from revisiting the history.  The Battle of Hastings and the Bayeux Tapestry is my last point of reference IRL.  If drawn from history, this would make this a super compelling story!
Feb 9, 2023 12:17 AM
Nov 2020
I was a little sad to be taken away from Thorfinn just when the story was getting good. I understand that we have to be filled in on Canutes story and I hope it will make for an amazing episode 6, but as a standalone it made episode 5 kind of boring and fillery
Feb 9, 2023 2:23 AM
Dec 2020
Canute went from femboy to chad
Feb 9, 2023 6:26 AM

Sep 2020
Eoussama said:
What a scumbag has he turned into.
Wtf are you talking about Canute is a great king unlike his father.
Feb 9, 2023 11:48 AM
Feb 2023
aziryn said:
Show has gone to crap, season one they dub as a prologue well it got everyone hooked into a certain style of show. To completely 180 it is bad form, this show will never get a season 3. 

Show will never recover imo.

Askeladd was such a big character and they dont have anything to replace that with. 
As someone who has read the manga your gonna look back at this and feel dumb 
Feb 9, 2023 12:21 PM

Sep 2017
Uhhh alright episode. What's with the sudden location change
خ
Feb 9, 2023 12:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's so weird to see Canute like that with how feminine he was during the 1st season now he's no joke with his hardcore calm spirit and his physical change years later
Feb 9, 2023 1:21 PM
Oct 2015
Nice to see Canute and Thorkell. 5 episodes in and I can’t fast forward the opening. It’s unbelievably good, one of the best I’ve seen.
Feb 9, 2023 1:23 PM

Aug 2014
ogking31 said:
RPWPA said:
they don't announce the OSTs until later of the season. 
Thanks for the info. Thought it might have been an older one.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 9, 2023 1:35 PM

Jan 2021
Banger eps yet again
Feb 9, 2023 2:12 PM
Jan 2021
seeing Canutes side of the story is really cool, seeing his development from season 1 is interesting and will be more interesting to see how he will impacts= this season. 
Feb 9, 2023 3:53 PM
Dec 2022
Ca să fiu sincer, nu mi-a plăcut deloc acest episod.
povestea din acest episod se concentrează pe un personaj care nu-mi place.
în plus, există prea puține detalii, unde ne arată cei 3 ani petrecuți în război?
ne arată că am redus calitatea poveștii în acest episod.
Feb 9, 2023 4:30 PM
Feb 2022
why is this man always pretty 💀
Feb 9, 2023 5:47 PM

May 2021
Nice episode, the only flaw was the flashback. I guess CSM haters will also go mad with the 0.5s of Soldiers CGI but meh, 7.6/10.
Feb 10, 2023 11:07 AM
Oct 2022
Canute is a badass
Feb 10, 2023 2:32 PM
May 2020
canute has that dawg in him
Feb 10, 2023 5:10 PM

Jul 2021
Canute is a slayer king now. Seems none can stop him easily this time around. Let's see where this goes after this!
Feb 10, 2023 7:28 PM
Dec 2022
it was amazing seeing how ruthless conute was as a leader. 10/10 would recommend
Feb 11, 2023 7:15 AM

May 2015
Well, that escalated quickly.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 11, 2023 9:41 AM

Jul 2015
An interesting episode.It showed the ruthless nature of Canute and how he dealt with it.

Thorkell was definitely funny but it put Canute at the straight point.

Really shows how Thorfinn changed from the first season.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

486 by dhell26 »»
Yesterday, 9:00 PM

» Would u like this?

DerpySven - Apr 21

26 by Spoopy69 »»
Apr 24, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

374 by flyswatter »»
Apr 21, 1:55 PM

» About Ketil...

th3sleeper - Apr 20

6 by BipulGamer07 »»
Apr 20, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Do you consider Vinland Saga a masterpiece?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 17

19 by MillerEvans23 »»
Apr 17, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.