Forum Settings
Forums

'Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu' Reveals Additional Cast, Ending Theme, First Promo

New
Feb 4, 2023 11:49 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The official website of the television anime adaptation of Kazuha Kishimoto's Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome desu (Summoned to Another World... Again?!) light novel revealed on Saturday additional cast, ending theme, and the first promotional video. The anime will air on Asahi Broadcasting and TV Asahi's 24 affiliate stations on Sundays at 2:00 a.m. on the ANiMAZiNG programming block beginning April 9.

Cast
Touma: Takuma Nagatsuka (Kai Byoui Ramune)
Shironeko: Yui Ogura (Goblin Slayer)
Mineko: Rina Honizumi (Kenja no Mago)
Roa: Satomi Akesaka (BanG Dream!)

Idol group Maybe Me (Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu no Kuroitsu-san) is performing the ending theme "Be ambitious!!!," which is previewed in the promotional video below.

Motoki Nakanashi (Jantama Pong☆ assistant director) is helming the anime at Studio elle. Yukihito is handling the series composition and Mikako Kunii (Date A Live IV chief animation director) is designing the characters. manzo (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou) is composing the music.

Kishimoto began writing the comedy fantasy light novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website from March 2015 to December 2016, followed by nine epilogue chapters between February 2017 and last October. Futabasha began printing the series under its Monster Bunko imprint with illustrations by 40-hara (Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai) in October 2015 and released the fifth and final volume in July 2017.

Arashiyama began drawing a manga adaptation on the Monster Comics website under the Web Comic Action portal in June 2018. Futabasha shipped the eighth volume on August 12, with the ninth volume scheduled to release on March 30.

PV

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeFeb 4, 2023 11:59 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 4, 2023 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
Is this another one of those AI generated anime?

Feb 4, 2023 12:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Piromysl said:
come on man, theres defintetely no evidence whatsoever that that this isn't going to be the most creative anime of the year

i totally DIDN'T see:

1. a MC with black hair get isekai'd only to become OP/Untouchable
2. generic low-fanservice harem
3. generic medieval setting
4. monsters/demons
5. pointed ears
6. a castle or church of some sort
7. a sword or big ass weapon

and thats just what THIS PV showed... im sure the next PV will convince me even more that we'll never have seen this kind of creativity in anime before

were in for a real treat with this one, im sure of it

EcchiGodMamsterFeb 4, 2023 12:46 PM
Feb 4, 2023 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
EcchiGodMamster said:
Piromysl said:
come on man, theres defintetely no evidence whatsoever that that this isn't going to be the most creative anime of the year

i totally DIDN'T see:

4. monsters/demons
5. pointed ears

Bro, you out of all people describing it as "low fanservice" tells a lot about this show. XD

I still think it might be palatable because of Yui Ogura voicing moe character, but I'll keep my expectations very low. I didn't think it will be as bad as Spirit Chronicles.

Feb 4, 2023 12:54 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Piromysl said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

i totally DIDN'T see:

4. monsters/demons
5. pointed ears

Bro, you out of all people describing it as "low fanservice" tells a lot about this show. XD

I still think it might be palatable because of Yui Ogura voicing moe character, but I'll keep my expectations very low. I didn't think it will be as bad as Spirit Chronicles.

isekai harems arent anywhere near as fanservicey as the battle harems of the early to mid 2010s, if anything the girls in them are more so rizz points for the MC since these new shows are more about generic short black  haired male lead being broken/untouchable than they are about highlighting how hot the girls are

i never thought i'd get so god damn tired of a trope in anime, as nothing is more boring to me i don't think than untouchable MCs lol

Eminence in Shadow as much as it is loved still follows pretty much everything "safe" in isekai and anime in general and is the best example to me of boring as i know nothing bad is ever going to happen to him or any of the girls in his harem

i never realized how annoyed i was by untouchable MCs that never struggle/lose/take an L until i watched

funny how thats actually one of the first big isekai although not what comes to mind in modern times

so now i just watch these shows with the most low of standards as possible

i miss when Hundred was the most generic anime ever, but thats LOOOOONG been surpassed... at least battle harems were sexy enough to counteract the genercism, now theyre just generic af with some waifus and a bit of fanservice here and there
EcchiGodMamsterFeb 4, 2023 12:57 PM
Feb 4, 2023 1:02 PM

Apr 2016
Piromysl said:
You laughing, we laughing ... But we all know, they're coming.
Feb 4, 2023 1:04 PM

Oct 2017
So many girls in the KV.
Feb 4, 2023 1:25 PM

Sep 2009
This illustration is like 90% of isekais ever.
Feb 4, 2023 2:03 PM

Dec 2020
putting this in my straight boy cringe pile in case i need an anime to ridicule with friends later
Feb 4, 2023 3:33 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Deja vu!

I've just been in this place before (higher on the street)

And I know it's my time to go

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 4, 2023 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
NGL, The harem is fine, but honestly, it really doesn't look like it's worth watching. Kind of a shame

Feb 4, 2023 4:54 PM

Oct 2022
All that I can say is the manga's bad

Feb 4, 2023 7:27 PM

Jul 2015
EcchiGodMamster said:
Piromysl said:

isekai harems arent anywhere near as fanservicey as the battle harems of the early to mid 2010s, if anything the girls in them are more so rizz points for the MC since these new shows are more about generic short black  haired male lead being broken/untouchable than they are about highlighting how hot the girls are

i never thought i'd get so god damn tired of a trope in anime, as nothing is more boring to me i don't think than untouchable MCs lol

Eminence in Shadow as much as it is loved still follows pretty much everything "safe" in isekai and anime in general and is the best example to me of boring as i know nothing bad is ever going to happen to him or any of the girls in his harem

i never realized how annoyed i was by untouchable MCs that never struggle/lose/take an L until i watched

funny how thats actually one of the first big isekai although not what comes to mind in modern times

i miss when Hundred was the most generic anime ever, but thats LOOOOONG been surpassed... at least battle harems were sexy enough to counteract the genercism, now theyre just generic af with some waifus and a bit of fanservice here and there

You are so right, my dude. I still remember how when I watched Mahouka I literally fell asleep and waked up next morning. Not even joking. That's how boring and predictable everything in this show was. There wasn't even comic relief, that will somehow keep viewers interested and distract from nothing interesting happening.
And now, even watching Anos being constantly OP became stale.
Seems like Japan enjoys their trash, because of abundance of those shows, because Spirit Chronicles and Smartphone Isekai are literally getting sequels.

Feb 4, 2023 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
Piromysl said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

You are so right, my dude. I still remember how when I watched Mahouka I literally fell asleep and waked up next morning. Not even joking. That's how boring and predictable everything in this show was. There wasn't even comic relief, that will somehow keep viewers interested and distract from nothing interesting happening.
Seems like Japan enjoys their trash, because of abundance of those shows, because Spirit Chronicles and Smartphone Isekai are literally getting sequels.
Tbf Spirit Chronicles isn't bad as a LN. At some some point the Isekai trend will end and some other harem trend will probably replace it. Let's face it the trend will be harem related, Isekai trend replace the Magic/Battle harem trend (personally I say good riddance to that one imo) and in due time Isekai will be replaced 

Feb 4, 2023 7:49 PM

Jul 2015
GalacticMagna said:
Piromysl said:

Tbf Spirit Chronicles isn't bad as a LN. At some some point the Isekai trend will end and some other harem trend will probably replace it. Let's face it the trend will be harem related, Isekai trend replace the Magic/Battle harem trend (personally I say good riddance to that one imo) and in due time Isekai will be replaced 

Well, if an anime was supposed to promote it, then it did pretty bad job, because this shit was so generic and just checked out every single cliche without effort, that it literally looked like it was AI generated anime. Not exaggerating. They even put a fkin Kirito clone dressed in all black as MC, who was also voiced by Matsuoka.
It's hard to believe it wasn't deliberate.

And the trend seems to be shifting towards "plain boi meets lovable girl" type of romcom.
We have an abundance of those lately. Like two or three this season alone and more to come.
Not that Isekai trash trend is going to disappear.
PiromyslFeb 4, 2023 7:52 PM

Feb 4, 2023 8:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GalacticMagna said:
Piromysl said:

Isekai trend replace the Magic/Battle harem trend (personally I say good riddance to that one imo) 
nah fuck that shit bruh, those were at least ecchi, and the ecchi countered their genericism even if the shows were somewhat repetitive

and shit, the MC didnt all look pretty much the same, they weren't unbeatable and the girls were more of the highlight unlike now where theyre basically just rizz points to add to how broken the Kirito clone is

also its not like they were all the same generic setting with the same generic monsters, castles/church, elves, etc

EcchiGodMamsterFeb 5, 2023 7:12 AM
Feb 4, 2023 8:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Piromysl said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

tbf, in the case of smartphone, i heard that's because the anime was popular enough OUTSIDE of Japan that they decided to do a sequel lol
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 4, 2023 8:53 PM

Oct 2021
Most isekai of all time. Also, more like Studio L.
Feb 5, 2023 7:14 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Piromysl said:
GalacticMagna said:

Well, if an anime was supposed to promote it, then it did pretty bad job, because this shit was so generic and just checked out every single cliche without effort, that it literally looked like it was AI generated anime. Not exaggerating. They even put a fkin Kirito clone dressed in all black as MC, who was also voiced by Matsuoka.
It's hard to believe it wasn't deliberate.

And the trend seems to be shifting towards "plain boi meets lovable girl" type of romcom.
We have an abundance of those lately. Like two or three this season alone and more to come.
Not that Isekai trash trend is going to disappear.

they are obviously doing it on purpose, even the name of the damn show says that...

and with another one with a name like this...

Level 1 dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu - MyAnimeList.net

theyre just fucking with us at this point... 

how do you quote multiple people with this new format?
Feb 5, 2023 9:38 AM

Feb 2021
I can already see a masterpiece incoming. 

Harem, ecchi, isekai are peak 
Feb 5, 2023 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Generic harem MC looking kind of slutty with that choker on
Feb 5, 2023 7:05 PM

Jan 2016
Can we stop making isekai titles with the word "isekai" in the title? it's getting confusing tbh.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Feb 6, 2023 4:08 AM

Jan 2023
I read the manga adaptation of this.. and man... the MC is a total trash, cringe... hurts to read/see.. some guys said the LN is better but I dont know, lets see the anime... well if u want burn some brain cells maybe this will works lmao
Feb 6, 2023 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
These have to be the most generic looking isekai characters ever
 It wouldn't be so bad if it was a satirical take on the isekai genre, but here we are.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 17, 2023 1:19 PM

Jul 2019
That season isekai we love!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
11 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.