Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Betrayal Knows My Name
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2010 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, I liked this episode, but I'm still having a problem with the girl yuki. I like the guy yuki, but the girl yuki just won't register. Its like I dislike her or something, but I don't want too, cause I know their the same person.

Any advice on how to look at it would be great!!! So what did you guys think about it....
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 9, 2010 11:50 AM

Apr 2009
I like female Yuki a TON more than male Yuki, for example, because I dislike seeing male Yuki and Luka together. Imagine it was female Yuki Luka's protecting, that'd be so adorable <3
Male Yuki is a pain in the ass, pardon me. REALLY irritating, starting from his voice to his behaviour.

I really loved the moment between female Yuki and Luka in the beginning, sad they didn't show the kiss.

Btw! To those who have read manga, Touko-chan likes Luka? ..>.> Or she still prefers Tsukumo?

And ew @ all that shounen-ai stuff, it's becoming really tiring.

Luka's the only one that keeps me watching this show, he's really great, I might as well covert the vid into mp3 and cut out his lines.

Speaking, of which, does anyone have URagiri Drama CDs? I have the first two, but I can't open them, because their file extension is .enc. I don't know how to open it.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
May 9, 2010 12:46 PM

Nov 2008
I don't prefer either Yuki over the other, because they are the same person. I personally don't care what's hanging, or not hanging, between Yuki's legs. Their personality seems very similar, as Luka has reflected on. Basically, Yuki being whiny would annoy me regardless what gender the whining is coming from. XD Yuki does have an adorable side, though. In the manga he's so dense that it's used for comedy a lot. I hope the manga starts showing that, so he doesn't just seem like an angst-blob. >.<;

Oh, and with Touko liking Luka... I don't think she does. I was a little confused by that scene myself. The manga isn't translated very far, so I suppose it could be something that's hinted more later on. With how supportive she is over Luka and Yuki I still kind of doubt it, though.
May 9, 2010 1:00 PM

Mar 2008
Hotsuma totally made this episode worth watching at least 10 times. I think that ever since people discovered Ono Daisuke's ability to voice rowdy characters (e.g. Shizuo the GARtender) those are all he voices now. Not that I am complaining, I was getting tired of all the Sebastian and Koizumi stuff. Anyway, about Uraboku, I'm happy the story is finally evolving and starting to make sense. Luka was absolutely adorable in the beginning, adorable in a very creepy sense though. He is one of those kinds of characters we don't ever expect to see sleeping peacefully in the back seat of a car...

Well, I wanna know more about Kanata-san and the bishie mansion. Episode 6 I'm waiting!
May 9, 2010 1:02 PM

Jun 2008
Im a yaoishonen~ai lover. but i guess this is the first time i prefer much more the girl version. Yuki is much better as a girl i think. As far as i read in the manga, Touko
OrulyonJun 8, 2010 11:50 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 9, 2010 1:06 PM

Nov 2008
Well hopefully I will get used to it....can you tell I'm a shounen-ai fan, I just can't help it!!!LOL
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 9, 2010 1:13 PM

Dec 2009
For me Yuki is Yuki whether he's a male or a female... Like Luka said, they have the same soul. And honestly, if Yuki was a female he would be one hundred times more annoying than he's now. At least for me.

I completely fell in love with Hotsuma. He was the best thing in this ep. And I really liked the "dream" and almost kiss scene...

-Kanade- said:

Well, what did you expect? Luka's still in love with Yuki regardless of his/her gender and it won't change.

-Kanade- said:

Btw! To those who have read manga, Touko-chan likes Luka? ..>.> Or she still prefers Tsukumo?

I haven't read the manga, but Touko and Tsukumo are siblings, so she can't prefer him over Luka.
May 9, 2010 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
I have no problem seeing both male and female Yuki as the same person. Although I must admit I still prefer female!Yuki, but that's just my female character bias showing. (Not to mention I think she looks really pretty in a lot of the OP/ED and flashback scenes.)

-Kanade- said:

Well, it is labelled as a shounen-ai series, after all...

YukiKumo said:
Oh, and with Touko liking Luka... I don't think she does. I was a little confused by that scene myself. The manga isn't translated very far, so I suppose it could be something that's hinted more later on. With how supportive she is over Luka and Yuki I still kind of doubt it, though.

I think she was blushing over how the both of them were together at the moment in general. Even I found that scene rather cute despite not being a huge BL fan. But yeah, from what I've seen so far, Touko totally ships those two. ;)

j_len_j said:
I haven't read the manga, but Touko and Tsukumo are siblings, so she can't prefer him over Luka.

I totally missed/forgot them saying they were siblings. Did they say whether they were blood related or not though? Since they are all reincarnated, it's entirely possible that they were reborn as not being actual siblings.
CelenasMay 9, 2010 1:45 PM
May 9, 2010 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
Celenas said:
I think she was blushing over how the both of them were together at the moment in general. Even I found that scene rather cute despite not being a huge BL fan. But yeah, from what I've seen so far, Touko totally ships those two. ;)

Ah, good point! That makes perfect sense, especially given how much she seems to support those two together lol. I guess the only reason it even seemed like she was getting all doki-doki over Luka is because of Tsukumo's comment. XD

And as far as Touko and Tsukumo go, his comment this episode could definitley be taken as being a protective brother, but they do have some pretty questionable moments later in the manga lol. I've honestly been wondering myself if they are related by blood lol.
May 9, 2010 2:50 PM

Jun 2009
Sleepy Luka Kawaii !!!!
May 9, 2010 3:27 PM
Sep 2009
I can't wait to meet the rest of the Zweilt Guardians! ^^

Oh, I don't prefer Yuki male or Yuki female. They are the same person after all. I think Yuki male is kawaii, and I have some doubts by his "female" side. When I saw Yuki as a girl, I found her not very interesting. But that could change, I think.

The whole anime is interesting and it pulled me in. I love the art too:) But I think that the strongest point will be the characters. They are very well made.
May 9, 2010 3:30 PM

Nov 2007

-Kanade- said:

Yeah, it looked like Touko likes Luka at that point.
tsubasaloverMay 9, 2010 4:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 9, 2010 4:50 PM

Feb 2009
More beautiful boys, and the flashback was adorable too!

May 9, 2010 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
gonna die with bishie overload!!
May 10, 2010 6:00 AM

Jun 2008
tsubasalover said:

-Kanade- said:

Yeah, it looked like Touko likes Luka at that point.

Replying to your question, for what i read until now in the manga:

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 10, 2010 6:21 AM

Mar 2009
j_len_j said:
For me Yuki is Yuki whether he's a male or a female... Like Luka said, they have the same soul. And honestly, if Yuki was a female he would be one hundred times more annoying than he's now. At least for me.

I think exactly the same. Maybe the Yuki's voice is annoying, but I'm already used to it.

I'm little disappointed that they cut the best scene - in manga when Yuki woke up, he was sleeping at Luka's shoulder and after it Luka like in anime slept on his shoulder. I'm not crazy yaoi fangirl, but I liked this moment ;< Also they changed scene, when Yuki met Hotsuma, but hmm maybe they will put this also in next episode.

As for Touka, I read manga long ago, but I think that she likes Luka, but not in romantic way. But I'm not sure.
May 10, 2010 7:29 AM
May 2009
Maya666 said:
j_len_j said:
F
I'm little disappointed that they cut the best scene - in manga when Yuki woke up, he was sleeping at Luka's shoulder and after it Luka like in anime slept on his shoulder.

I totally agree. Yuki sleeping at Luka's shoulder and having this dream would be a lot better.
May 11, 2010 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
I thought it was really cute how Luka was sleeping on Yuki... because since he's always on guard, we got to see a cute side to him.

I'm I the only one that thinks Yuki's voice sometimes sounds like he has a stuffy nose? Just putting that out there.

Also, I like the new two guy characters.
May 11, 2010 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode. I'm interested in seeing where everything goes. As for the Yuki preference question, I don't really like either of them. Insufferable, annoying, and self-absorbed. It's almost like Orihime getting her own show. But everyone else is interesting enough for it not to be a big deal.
May 11, 2010 2:24 PM

Mar 2010
Toko liking Luca:

Siblings? How about Toko Murasame and Tsukumo Murasame?xD
They're definitly siblings and blood related. And no, there is nothing romantical between those two, their relationship is just typically deep for Zweilt Guardians...
May 11, 2010 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
liked it !! kawaii episode :3 and 2 new characters ~

BUT =_=

where are the funny moments from the manga ?? *crying*
May 11, 2010 9:25 PM

Dec 2009
It seems like the story could go in a lot of different directions after this episode... BL romance seems likely :D... but possibly crime-solving - that I wouldn't have imagined.... Anyways, I like the new characters enough to not mind Yuki as much....
May 12, 2010 2:27 AM
Jan 2010
to yuki from zess i will not betray you :) will have to watch now episode 5 im on epi 4 but

will watch next one must see how the next episode will be like

watched episode 5 well there you see yuki first time as a girl also new charas appear all

males of course i think that mostly females think now omg Luka looked so cute as he slept

near yuki Tomoka turned red as she looked at him lolz and her partner was jelous i

wonder what role the new charas play and what was in the past and why Hotsuma

hates yuki was he hurt or one time in love with yuki as he was female something like

that that would explain something cause Luka is now on side of yuki i havent read the

manga i think there is one btw cause i dont read usually yaoi manga i like more yaoi

anime like sukisyo or if the story seems interesting i think this anime isnt bad its worth

watching dont judge it when u havent seen it thats my point of view
DarkvoidMay 12, 2010 7:31 AM

May 12, 2010 11:13 AM

Jun 2009
DinaraC said:
gonna die with bishie overload!!

same as me.Hotsuma^^
I thought Toko likes Luka. But I prefer Toko with Tsukumo, they make a perfect pairing.

May 12, 2010 11:35 PM

Jul 2008
i'm going to say this right now- the fact that his love reincarnated as a guy sucks
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 13, 2010 4:01 AM

Oct 2009
It annoys me sometimes what a goody two shoes Yuki is. But I guess that's his charm.

Btw,i like how Hotsuma's name is a pun to his ability which is fire element. XD
May 13, 2010 11:31 AM

Jun 2008
AmayaRayka said:

Siblings? How about Toko Murasame and Tsukumo Murasame?xD
They're definitly siblings and blood related. And no, there is nothing romantical between those two, their relationship is just typically deep for Zweilt Guardians...

well, i wouldn't think that is exactly like that...i would say they are too close for a sibling relationship. Tsukumo cant see nobody else except his sister. he behaves like a brother sometimes, and other times as a lover. its a very...peculiar relationship. Not incest, but, there is a possibility (at least in the manga) for a future incest.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 13, 2010 10:55 PM

Sep 2009
Hotsuma is cool i want to see more of him xD

May 14, 2010 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
nice episode, finally we get to see Hotsuma & Shusei :3
am I the only one here who didn't get annoyed by male Yuki???
May 14, 2010 2:43 PM

Mar 2010
Orulyon said:
well, i wouldn't think that is exactly like that...i would say they are too close for a sibling relationship. Tsukumo cant see nobody else except his sister. he behaves like a brother sometimes, and other times as a lover. its a very...peculiar relationship. Not incest, but, there is a possibility (at least in the manga) for a future incest.

Yeah, their relationship is too close for an ordinary siblings relationship, but it's just "ordinary" for the guardians. Every pair as a very special and deep relationship, Odagiri said herself, that this is what she wanted to show with this characters.
And which situations do you mean when Tsukumo behaves like her lover...? He does like everyone else as well and he does care a lot (as it was shown with Shusei f.e., not to mention Yuki) and it's not as if she was all he could think about.
May 14, 2010 2:49 PM

Feb 2009
Maya666 said:
j_len_j said:
F
I'm little disappointed that they cut the best scene - in manga when Yuki woke up, he was sleeping at Luka's shoulder and after it Luka like in anime slept on his shoulder.

I totally agree. Yuki sleeping at Luka's shoulder and having this dream would be a lot better.

*nod nod* It was cute, no idea why they cut it out.
And woohoo, go Shusei! Rock this anime! <3
May 15, 2010 10:07 AM

May 2008
So..did Hotsuma have some sort of thing with Yuki in the past or whatever? Uwaah. Can't wait till the next ep.

May 15, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2008
AmayaRayka said:
Orulyon said:

And which situations do you mean when Tsukumo behaves like her lover...? He does like everyone else as well and he does care a lot (as it was shown with Shusei f.e., not to mention Yuki) and it's not as if she was all he could think about.

He seems to be jealous of her sometimes. Also, he sleeps with her on the same bed...a bit odd, but yes i guess you´re right.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 17, 2010 4:09 AM
Feb 2010
kage-bunshin said:
i'm going to say this right now- the fact that his love reincarnated as a guy sucks

lol even though I'm okay with shounen-ai and yaoi, I have to agree for this situation.
May 21, 2010 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
Unf, Hotsuma.
I'll leave it at that.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 29, 2010 6:07 AM

Dec 2009
I'd like this show a lot more if Yuki was a female in both casses .
Hotsuma is now my second fav character from this show <3.
Jun 11, 2010 9:35 AM

May 2008
Quite interesting... another characters were introduced and the story seems progressing, but indeed a little slow. Yuki is still annoying though~~
Jul 17, 2010 12:20 PM

Mar 2010
I have to admit yuki being a guy makes things a lot more interesting. Background music is amazing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 8, 2010 1:26 AM

May 2010
LeeNoriega said:

Why are you watching a shounen ai anime if it bothers you that much?
Sep 8, 2010 1:30 AM

May 2010
Toneriko-chan said:
am I the only one here who didn't get annoyed by male Yuki???

No, I prefer him as a guy. In the intro at least, female Yuki still looks a bit manly and it throws me off. The only thing about male Yuki that bothers me is that he cries a bit too much but I guess he has a reason to.
Sep 30, 2010 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
OHMYGOD IT'S DAIDAI!
AND I LIKE HIS CHARACTER.

And Mamo-nyan. Interesting combination...
Daidaaaaaai~
Mar 3, 2013 3:44 AM

Jan 2012
Anime isn't so bad how it looked like from first episode. I'm starting love it more with every new episode. 5/5
Aug 3, 2013 2:37 AM

Jan 2008
HAHAHAHA figured out that he was Hotsuma just by how he talked that is funny well other then that it was a good ep not great but good.
Nov 25, 2014 2:51 PM

Jul 2012
ONOD AND MIYANO!!
Sep 14, 2015 5:45 PM
Jul 2015
Good episode......
Mar 18, 2021 12:05 PM
Mar 2021
i didn't know how to feel about this episode. but i like how new feelings were revealed and how things are getting started. i can't wait to see them in action tho
Jan 27, 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
still has no idea despite in episode 5
Mar 18, 10:53 AM
Jun 2021
The bishie art is arghhh T_T

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 4 Discussion

The_Punisher - May 2, 2010

37 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 17, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 2 Discussion

starrysky - Apr 18, 2010

48 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Apr 9, 2010

79 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 1:55 PM

» Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru 2nd season???

meowskie - Sep 20, 2010

21 by misscherie »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 3 Discussion

Airitoizzy - Apr 25, 2010

30 by Lubianka_ »»
Aug 28, 2023 5:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.