Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 11, 2022 1:15 PM
Jun 2021
I’m getting so tired of seeing CGI in every new big anime. Yes it has gotten better since the days of Berserk 2016 and yes it can be looked at as a personal preference. But we still aren’t close enough to where it is unnoticeable even by casual watchers. When 3d CGI is on screen my eyes are immediately drawn to it saying “this looks different”. It takes me out of what I’m watching even if I acknowledge that its good for CGI. Taking me out of the moment then makes me not appreciate the show as much. So do you guys think with this being all 3d CGI it will look better? I’ve been trying to find a silver lining to watch this show
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2022 1:27 PM
Oct 2019
You can argue cgi ruins the show but from the trailers alone cgi isn’t the only problem you should be focusing on
poo poo
Dec 11, 2022 1:28 PM

Oct 2020
It will look better being all 3D CGI. Most cgi which break the immersion of a show have to do with the awkward contrast between 2D and 3D on the screen. Since it's full 3D you won't have this problem.
Dec 11, 2022 1:40 PM
May 2021
Orange is the best CGI animation studio, you don't have to worry about it.
Dec 11, 2022 1:48 PM
Feb 2020
Yes CGI glosses over fine details, and overall, almost all CGI anime are definitionally lower quality because there is less attention in each frame. You are correct.

Now, that DOESNT make a good anime become bad, but it does degrade the quality. For those that value visual fidelity, it will be a breaking point. If Akira wasnt as well animated it would still be Akira, but have had more criticism leveled at its visuals.
Dec 11, 2022 2:06 PM
Dec 2020
I think studio orange proved already that they are very good at what are they doing. Yes, it will still feel different, but I think is interesting to have this watch it because a good CGI can be used to create impressive things that would be very hard or impossible to animate in 2d.

Using cgi and improving it is important, but yes not too many studios can do it and if someone fail using it then it's gonna be very bad
Dec 11, 2022 3:17 PM
Jun 2021
reredundant said:
You can argue cgi ruins the show but from the trailers alone cgi isn’t the only problem you should be focusing on

Thats true. This is the first barrier on watching it for me. Then the story changes and stuff will be a bigger concern
Dec 11, 2022 3:25 PM
Jun 2021
giffica said:
Yes CGI glosses over fine details, and overall, almost all CGI anime are definitionally lower quality because there is less attention in each frame. You are correct.

Now, that DOESNT make a good anime become bad, but it does degrade the quality. For those that value visual fidelity, it will be a breaking point. If Akira wasnt as well animated it would still be Akira, but have had more criticism leveled at its visuals.

Yes I do agree with you that the story and other elements still make a show good. I watched all of Berserk because its still Berserk afterall.
I have been concerned mostly with CGI in Trigun because so much of the classic western gunslinger feeling might be gone with this new look
Dec 11, 2022 4:41 PM
Oct 2019
Sagepool said:
reredundant said:

Thats true. This is the first barrier on watching it for me. Then the story changes and stuff will be a bigger concern

To add onto my comment earlier, you see wolfwood’s cigarette gets censored and is a lollipop, and Milly Thompson has essentially been rewritten to a male from what we see, of course that could always just be another person but it doesn’t really look that way
poo poo
Dec 11, 2022 9:03 PM
Jun 2021
reredundant said:
Sagepool said:

To add onto my comment earlier, you see wolfwood’s cigarette gets censored and is a lollipop, and Milly Thompson has essentially been rewritten to a male from what we see, of course that could always just be another person but it doesn’t really look that way

Ik it all around just looks like a bad adaptation. I really wish they wouldn’t try to remake a classic
Dec 11, 2022 10:26 PM
Feb 2021
This will have some of the best 3D/CG work in the industry and how are you gonna be taken out of the story when the entire show will be CG? Luke if it was part 2D and 3D it would be jarring but it isn’t
Dec 11, 2022 11:42 PM
Apr 2022
Gantz, Appleseed, Captain Harlock.
Dec 12, 2022 12:27 AM

Aug 2018
what do you mean copium? the trailer for trigun stampede looks pretty good
Dec 12, 2022 1:39 AM

Apr 2016
ambza said:

See ? Thats copium.
Dec 12, 2022 2:06 AM
Jun 2021
Swagernator said:
ambza said:

See ? Thats copium.

Thats some copium if I have seen it
Dec 12, 2022 2:11 AM
Jun 2021
OvergrownRover said:
This will have some of the best 3D/CG work in the industry and how are you gonna be taken out of the story when the entire show will be CG? Luke if it was part 2D and 3D it would be jarring but it isn’t

Thats why I asked the question… cause I never watched anything full CGI.
Dec 13, 2022 2:29 AM
Dec 2021
I would definitely say that this CGI right here is the best CGI I've ever seen (Orange is a CGI type animation studio, for example they made Land of Lostrous adaptation) and I'm really excited to see it in action, I've never been so ready for the CGI and i must say it's much better than a lot of very good animated animes.
Dec 13, 2022 3:09 AM

Mar 2021
Sagepool said:
OvergrownRover said:

watch other works by Orange, like Land of Lustrous and Beastars. You'll understand why people are not actually coping but genuinely telling the 3D looks good
Dec 13, 2022 9:20 PM
Feb 2021
Sagepool said:
OvergrownRover said:

You never watched a fucking Pixar movie fool?
Dec 16, 2022 8:44 PM
Sep 2015
Sagepool said:
reredundant said:

The story will change if the studio follows the source material. Remember the 1st Trigun anime is like half filler. If you doubt and want to watch 3D shows made by Orange, watch Land of Lustrous and Beastars they adapted it very well.
Dec 16, 2022 8:46 PM
Jun 2021
V1P3R0P said:
Sagepool said:

watch other works by Orange, like Land of Lustrous and Beastars. You'll understand why people are not actually coping but genuinely telling the 3D looks good

Beastars is not my thing, maybe Ill try Land of the Lustrous
Dec 16, 2022 8:50 PM

Nov 2018
reredundant said:

Correct. This show just confuses me. Who was it made for?
Dec 16, 2022 8:53 PM

Oct 2017
Swagernator said:
ambza said:

See ? Thats copium.

How? It does look good I am not attached nor have seen Trigun but I can just look at say yeah that looks well animated. I don't have to cope over something I am not attached to. I watch anime for 2D animation and it's fair to say as a fan of 90s Trigun this isn't what I wanted but to say that there isn't a lot of talent and effort going into that adaption well it's just delusional. It can be both well animated as 3D anime and say I didn't want this style or form of adaption.

Edit: Like I am really sad that Disney 2D films don't get made anymore and to be honest those films are the ones I prefer. Doesn't mean I am going to start trashing Pixar for making well animated films.
BilboBaggins365Dec 16, 2022 8:57 PM
Dec 18, 2022 2:13 PM
Jan 2017
Sagepool said:
I’m getting so tired of seeing CGI in every new big anime. Yes it has gotten better since the days of Berserk 2016 and yes it can be looked at as a personal preference. But we still aren’t close enough to where it is unnoticeable even by casual watchers. When 3d CGI is on screen my eyes are immediately drawn to it saying “this looks different”. It takes me out of what I’m watching even if I acknowledge that its good for CGI. Taking me out of the moment then makes me not appreciate the show as much. So do you guys think with this being all 3d CGI it will look better? I’ve been trying to find a silver lining to watch this show

seeing how it's being made by Studio Orange you'll probably stop noticing it rather quickly. this was the case for me on Beastars and Land of the Lustrous. If you actively focus on it, then that's really on you for not being able to read deeper into a show except from the animation.
Dec 18, 2022 8:24 PM

Oct 2019
If it was any other anime studio, I would semi-agree with you.

but it's orange. beastars and land of lustrous are far better looking than most 2d anime.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 18, 2022 9:14 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Full CGI model is good as long as it done right. Blame, Gantz0, Sidonia no Kishi, Majestic Prince, Ajin. Blue Steel, Expelled from Paradise, etcs.

You're being too bias against CGI. It only a problem most of the time when they try to mix between 2D key animation chara with 3D CGI chara models that doesn't work well.
Dec 19, 2022 9:46 PM
Jun 2021
xkazutox said:
Full CGI model is good as long as it done right. Blame, Gantz0, Sidonia no Kishi, Majestic Prince, Ajin. Blue Steel, Expelled from Paradise, etcs.

You're being too bias against CGI. It only a problem most of the time when they try to mix between 2D key animation chara with 3D CGI chara models that doesn't work well.

Im sorry Ajin and Knights of Sidonia do not look good to me lol. Gantz0 was good, but I couldn’t watch Ajin. I’ve read Ajin too and it made me so sad
Dec 19, 2022 9:52 PM
Jun 2021
Massdrop said:
Sagepool said:

seeing how it's being made by Studio Orange you'll probably stop noticing it rather quickly. this was the case for me on Beastars and Land of the Lustrous. If you actively focus on it, then that's really on you for not being able to read deeper into a show except from the animation.

I can look past CGI for great stories like I did with Berserk. But I’d prefer to not have to ignore parts of a show and just enjoy. I couldn’t enjoy the Ajin anime even though I love the manga because of the way it looked
Dec 22, 2022 3:12 PM
Apr 2022
Have you watched a pixar movie? Did the CGI bother you? If not then you’ll be fine watching this.
Dec 24, 2022 4:13 AM

Jul 2015
Rimusimp said:
Have you watched a pixar movie? Did the CGI bother you? If not then you’ll be fine watching this.
Have you watched a pixar movie? You have? If so, then you'd know Pixar CGI is on a whole other level.
Dec 24, 2022 7:43 AM
Apr 2022
DisconnectedUser said:
Rimusimp said:
Have you watched a pixar movie? You have? If so, then you'd know Pixar CGI is on a whole other level.
I have in fact watched plenty. And to be completely honest this cgi isn’t to far off from being Pixar/Dreamworks level.
Dec 24, 2022 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
Every company will have a misfire here and there, you can never know. From what i see so far this one isn't really that certain
Dec 26, 2022 10:12 PM
Jun 2021
Rimusimp said:
DisconnectedUser said:
I have in fact watched plenty. And to be completely honest this cgi isn’t to far off from being Pixar/Dreamworks level.

I’m sorry, no anime studio is nowhere close to Disney level CGI yet. Even Disney 20 years ago when they made Finding Nemo is better than some studios in anime today
Jan 1, 2023 7:41 PM

Apr 2008
Just took a peek at studio Orange's works, and I'm not sure how that's a plus.
The two notable full cgi works that they've done are essentially all non-human stories, so you can hide imperfections in the models/animations in an "artistic" way.
It'll be like every other full cgi anime; cheaper to produce.
Jan 2, 2023 12:54 PM
Feb 2021
This is like the opposite of copium. You're high on wanting this to be bad. You're letting brainworms live in your head rent free.

There's nothing you can do until the show comes out. If this becomes a bad anime then what's the problem in your eyes?

Is Berserk bad now because of 2016? nah people still love it and it's still getting adapted.

The original Trigun will be just as good as its been. I haven't seen it, and my interest in this adaptation has put the original in my radar, I'm sure there'll be plenty more new Trigun fans too regardless of how well this adaptation goes.

But the thought of experiencing something exciting I haven't seen before sounds fantastic. The trailers made this seen like a grand adventure, which is something I haven't seen studio Orange do.

And its a good point made that Beastars and the crystal gems aren't human, so I'm excited to see what they can do with human characters in this setting.

It could also end up not being good. But why let worries take up your brain when there's so little downside to looking forward to this possibly being good and enjoyable?
Jan 2, 2023 1:43 PM
Feb 2021
BTW this meme is all that I've known about Trigun and I just can't help but post it im sorry

Jan 8, 2023 12:53 AM
Jul 2022
It is very frustrating to see the industry get further and further away from cel animation.
Jan 8, 2023 2:05 AM

Jun 2022
bozo using words he saw on the internet without knowing what they mean
Jan 8, 2023 7:12 AM

Jan 2017
Lucid post, bro. These kids instead of criticizing the industry so that maybe they maybe improve, those guys simply accept and consume this crap.

Here is your 5fps cgshit you suckers wanted.
Jan 8, 2023 8:26 AM

Jan 2022
minix_animade said:
It is very frustrating to see the industry get further and further away from cel animation.

I agree. Was just talking about this with my partner. I'm really hoping this doesn't eventually become the norm :(
Jan 8, 2023 9:12 AM

Feb 2010
I was so hyped for this.

Dropped. I'm sad.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jan 8, 2023 9:17 AM

Aug 2022
So you'd rather watch a 2D slideshow than a masterclass 3D anime, just cuz "it stands out"? Well, I guess we can all see how low the standards of anime fans are.
Jan 8, 2023 10:08 AM
Sep 2018
Really embarrassed for whoever produced this abomination.  Would have thought Trigun had enough value to not just let it go cheap to low budget low effort profiteers, wrong about that I guess. 
Jan 8, 2023 12:11 PM

Apr 2007
StaleNut said:
So you'd rather watch a 2D slideshow than a masterclass 3D anime, just cuz "it stands out"? Well, I guess we can all see how low the standards of anime fans are.

master class of expressive-less 15fps shit tier lazy fortnited-flashy crap.

i came into it without any pretense and it is genuinely awful.

not even with regards to butchering the original. just as a stand alone, it is awful.
Jan 8, 2023 12:15 PM
Jul 2022
Parano1a said:
minix_animade said:

I agree. Was just talking about this with my partner. I'm really hoping this doesn't eventually become the norm :(
Oh it will, so long as people are willing to take whatever crap they're being thrown. I don't hate digital or CG animation, but they're easier techniques more or less and people are using them to be lazier and lazier.

I'm convinced modern anime fans would watch stick figures fighting and say its amazing if it has their waifu. I've seen enough Dragon Ball Super to know all most young anime fans want is brainless energy beams and flashing lights.

I think why people are so hostile towards CG has to do with the slow replacement of cel anime. Think about it. Even recently more and more "analog" stuff has been getting replaced with technology.
minix_animadeJan 8, 2023 12:27 PM
Jan 8, 2023 12:27 PM

Apr 2007
minix_animade said:
Parano1a said:

Oh it will, so long as people are willing to take whatever crap they're being thrown. I don't hate digital or CG animation, but they're easier techniques more or less and people are using them to be lazier and lazier.

I'm convinced modern anime fans would watch stick figures fighting and say its amazing if it has their waifu. I've seen enough Dragon Ball Super to know all most young anime fans want is brainless energy beams and flashing lights.

I know this is not anime-related but it is topic related

What i learned in recent years, with regards to the GTA ''Definitive'' Edition and how so many were willing to justify it despite how horrible it is (and especially how bad it was at launch), 
Is that there is a certain class of media-consumers that are so empty in their actual lives -
that they fear the idea of upsetting media companies so much if they dare criticize the content makers that they consume, which will cause these companies will stop making the media products all together,
and then there would be nothing new to fill these poor souls' time with.

this type of mentality is slowly creeping into anime.
Jan 8, 2023 12:27 PM

Mar 2019
There's like 90 anime airing this season and like maybe 10 if at that utilize CG to any great extent and yet you guys are in here crying. Get a grip.
poemofdevilJan 8, 2023 1:42 PM
Jan 8, 2023 12:33 PM
Jul 2022
AntiMidian said:
minix_animade said:

I know this is not anime-related but it is topic related

What i learned in recent years, with regards to the GTA ''Definitive'' Edition and how so many were willing to justify it despite how horrible it is (and especially how bad it was at launch), 
Is that there is a certain class of media-consumers that are so empty in their actual lives -
that they fear the idea of upsetting media companies so much if they dare criticize the content makers that they consume, which will cause these companies will stop making the media products all together,
and then there would be nothing new to fill these poor souls' time with.

this type of mentality is slowly creeping into anime.
This is true. Some people just use anime to fill the void. I call it "instant gratification addiction".

Something tells me if this anime ends up flopping though, they'll be like "Well, I guess no one likes Trigun!!"
Meanwhile Dragon Ball keeps getting mediocre spin offs lol.
Jan 8, 2023 12:39 PM

Aug 2022
AntiMidian said:
StaleNut said:

master class of expressive-less 15fps shit tier lazy fortnited-flashy crap.

i came into it without any pretense and it is genuinely awful.

not even with regards to butchering the original. just as a stand alone, it is awful.

The fps has nothing to do with the quality of the animation. I wouldn't expect brainless monkeys like you to understand that tho. Have fun flexing your ignorance.
Jan 8, 2023 12:41 PM
Feb 2019
What’s wrong with looking different than your used to? I’ve never understood the hate for CGI but I guess since I enjoy it I just don’t see the other side of things. I thought the cgi in episode 1 looked fantastic and I appreciate that it’s different than what 97% of anime are
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

209 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 8, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

154 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2023

126 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

407 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

64 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 6, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.