Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2010 3:02 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was nice to see Birdramon again ^_^. Although, I think I'm gonna go back to the English version....should I give the Japanese version another shot?

Aug 5, 2010 2:42 AM
Aug 2009
Love Birdramon.
Jan 8, 2012 2:36 AM
Jan 2012
I just love Palmon's voice in Japanese version :D
Jan 21, 2012 11:14 AM
Jan 2012
So we meet birdramon for the first time!

I have a feeling we will meet all the digivolved forms before the plot properly gets moving.

The black disc could have future implications though. Maybe someone is trying to control the digimon
Apr 30, 2013 3:28 AM

Dec 2012
Weaker than the first two evolutions. Japanese version > English for me.
Feb 27, 2014 6:28 AM

Feb 2014
ClawViper7 said:
Weaker than the first two evolutions. Japanese version > English for me.

Agreed on both counts. This episode's characterisation feels a bit more forced than the previous one, and aside from Piyomon being an annoying kid, not much character development happens here.
Mar 22, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2010
Since episode 2 it's been pretty formulaic, although that's not necessarily a bad thing. Episodes 2 and 3 were great, but this fourth one felt a little bit... forced. The evolution didn't seem quite as natural as the previous two. There's probably going to be another 4 episodes like this until there's any real plot advancement.
Apr 9, 2014 12:47 PM
Mar 2013
I have to admit this episode wasn't as exciting as the first three but the way I see it, these episodes are just laying the ground-work. The real fun begins after they get these introductory episodes out of the way. Still, I'm looking forward to Joe, Izzy, and Mimi's digivolutions again.
Jul 5, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
I'm guessing the plot isn't going to really get going until the first arc is over (episode 13).

Man the English dub is so cheesy. The post-attack battlecry echoes are intolerable. It's amazing how stuff like that just gets you more excited as a kid, but it only seems annoying as an adult.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 9, 2014 9:46 PM

Oct 2009
"Sora~ Sora~ Sora~ Daisuki!" Piyomon is so cute but I agree with Sora, I don't know how to deal with mushy ppl/Digimon xD

Patamon does really random and cute things this ep lol

Meramon with the Black Gear sounded like an old man getting funky but without it he sounds like a real grown adult man. lol?
Aug 13, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
Vongole said:

Meramon with the Black Gear sounded like an old man getting funky but without it he sounds like a real grown adult man. lol?

Haha yea
Jan 13, 2015 5:33 AM

Sep 2014
That Meramon was pretty funny ^^.
Jun 2, 2016 11:06 AM

Feb 2013
Apart from Birdramon we've seen something new, that gear making Meramon go berserk.
Nov 18, 2019 12:16 AM

Apr 2016
A desert with a ton of telephone poles? Okay, now I'm starting to dig this mysterious Digital World. Has it always been there? A paralell universe that always existed? Or was it a simulation created by a government or corporate research project?

I don't understand how they defeated Meramon. He absorbed all of the Digimon's attacks, and only grew larger. How did increasing the power output (via an evolution) defeat Meramon? Wouldn't they have simply made him even more powerful?

Not a fan of how this is the fourth episode in a row where 2nd tier Digimon can't overcome any of the mosters of the week. In Pokemon, sure, an evolution gave you a power boost, but evolving wasn't the ultimate end-all-be-all. Pokemon battles weren't about power level comparisons; they were about tactics. A baby Pokemon given the right commands could most certainly defeat a third evolution Pokemon. Here, so far it feels like the humans are useless, and it's on the Digimon to decide "oh, my master is in trouble, time to up my powerlevel and resolve the conflict just like that".

Well they could just add some water to those pellets and make it into a more chewable paste.
Nov 28, 2019 4:13 PM

May 2008
I had never really liked Sora; she felt unnecessary and on the aggravating side but not intentional like Mimi. This episode... doesn't help disprove that notion. And I get the feeling the writers had the same issue.

1) I noticed since the 2nd episode, and I don't think Adventure will be able to answer it, but what differentiates
One thing I noticed is that both Sora and Yamato are... kinda the same character just expressed differently via their gender. Sure, they have different issues
yet it doesn't help Sora's character stand on her own. Her issues (from what I remember which isn't very well, granted) seem to be rehashed from Jyou and Yamato. It almost feels like Sora exists to increase diversity and

How they treat the group is even similar.

So, these first episodes are the setting: for the humans,

I can get that Yamato's treatment of the group
but his episode is very much about his brocon rather than how he treats "friends" (which they're not but he is being friendly), but that leaves Sora copying him.

2) The group's odd familiarity. Maybe this is due to having to deal with each other during summer camp, but it throws me off since portions of the group are in different grades and thus wouldn't know each other. Heck, I don't even know if Yamato, Taichi, and Sora are in the same class!

3) Yamato, to my surprise, is more friendly than I remember.

4) Digimon and words. This episode suggests their language is limited. No slang and some variation of politeness. I liked that, it could explain why some digimon can talk while others can't.

5) Taichi and Takeru. I don't think Taichi understood Yamato's worry, he does kinda cause their rivalry. But I also like the subtle way the season hints at Taichi. That, too, causes their rivalry since it activates Yamato's inferior complex quite well. Poor Yama.

6)
The white line on the bottom; it happens a few times this entire episode and I'm 99.9% sure it's a mistake. It almost looks like they move the cel up but forgot to move it back down when they were done. I'm going to say it's even BR specific since I don't ever remember seeing it and even if it's not... why didn't they fix it?!

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 1, 2020 7:29 AM
Sep 29, 2020 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
Somethings in the sky.
Takeru falls.
A gear flew by.
A village.
That Flame digimon just got gear'd.
Pyocomon village.
Dat fire.
Meramon is coming.
Meramon is being Piyomon.
She got hit and fell.
He's getting bigger.
Dat theme. Piyomon SHINKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Birdramon!
Meteor Wing!
Meramon shrunk.
The gear flew out.
Damn. They rushing Meramon back up the mountain.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Aug 2019
birdramon is such a weird sounding name in finnish dub
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 1 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.