Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2022 2:03 PM
May 2016
Champloo_Remix said:
Cameyo64 said:
The bulk of this episode is unrelated to the genre of shounen, and that's what makes it so great. stepping away from the heavy handed action for world building is a necessary element for any great shounen. I will not spoil the manga, but in retrospect the more relationships between the characters, and thus episodes like this, are what makes Chainsaw Man so great.

also MAPPA lied; they said they would not censor anything. Maybe the blueray will be uncensored, but lets be honest who buys those.

Everything about this show sans the gore screams shounen imo including this episode. It's nowhere near mature enough in any of its aspects outside of the blood and gore enough if anyone had the notion to argue that this feels like a seinen (it doesn't). Not that that's a bad thing mind you but it is what it is.

We get it, you're above popular anime unlike the rest of us peasants, just drop the anime or come up with something original for once.

devinder said:
Censored puke. Fuck MAPPA and fuck this adaptation.

Japan TV laws, not Mappa's fault dumbass, look at other shows like Gintama etc.
Nov 22, 2022 2:05 PM
Dec 2016
Too much vomit and kobeni
Nov 22, 2022 2:09 PM
Oct 2022
HIMENO KOCHAM CIE MIMO ZE RZYGASZ HIMENOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nov 22, 2022 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
Greatest of this season!

Jan 2018
Excellent panels, crisp details, memorable scenes. Definitely a great episode, I think I would have liked to see more of the action during the three-day time Denji was massacring the Eternity Devil.

The celebration portion was definitely lit. Got to meet more people. Makima's stare when Himeno kissed Denji. The barf, wtf. As someone who ALSO ended up with another human's puke inside my mouth... Not fkn cool HAHA. And the old timer was correct. It is quite traumatic. I could not eat Greek yogurt or plain yogurt for years due to the similar taste. Anywho, Himeno pretty much expressing how she feels about Makima was definitely expected at some point lol.

Gotta say, every episode having it's own ending is freakin' awesome, most of which bangers.
Jun 2021
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO
YO!
Ya-yo, ya-yo!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Luffy!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Zolo!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Nami!
Dreamin'!
Don't give it give it up give it up give it up give it up give it up give it up give it UP!
Here's how the story goes, we find out
'bout a treasure in the Grand Line, there's no doubt
The pirate whose eye is on it, he'll sing
I'll be King of the Pirates, I'm gonna be King!
Ya-yo, ya-yo, ya-yo... oh-ho...
His name is Luffy
(That's Monkey D. Luffy!)
Gonna be king of the pirates!
He's made of rubber!
(How did that happen?)
Yo-ho-ho, he took a bite of Gum Gum!
Nov 22, 2022 2:12 PM
Oct 2022
Yet again another great chainsaw man episode,Denji's sadistic side was shown which is an interesting site and the overall sex scenes were cringy af.
Nov 22, 2022 2:16 PM

Feb 2012
Unlucky Power, Denji is the Nobel Prize winner before you are for being a perpetual motion machine. If you lose blood, eat your enemy. His crazy antics impresses Himeno.
Ice breaker time. So is Power exclusively a carnivore? Puking is inevitable with that many pints on the table. Denji used up all his luck taking down the devil, having to kiss someone else in front of his crush and get vomit in his mouth. Oops, someone took Makima's puppy.

Vaporwave aesthetic CRT filter holy shit yes, best ending song so far imho.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 22, 2022 2:16 PM
Aug 2017
Easily the worst episode for me, even though I'm a manga reader. That shit was nasty.

Idk, I could live without relieving that manga scene but I applaud them for committing and showing it in full detail.
Nov 22, 2022 2:17 PM
Apr 2020
not that much but it was fine
Nov 22, 2022 2:18 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Another great adaptation. Also, lots of trauma.
Nov 22, 2022 2:22 PM
Oct 2021
Thought this was a but more toned down then the last few episodes. Nevertheless still enjoy the strange humor, mainly because its unique to each character and they haven't really been seen before in anime. Most animes follow similar sort of character design , except a number of others, but chainsaw man is the first one to really show such diverse and complex characters and ideas in the action/ humor genre. Though jujutsu kaisen would give it a run for its money ,I still think that chainsaw mans vivid violence and vulgar jokes distinguishes it from jjk.
Nov 22, 2022 2:23 PM
Jul 2021
i feel depressed after watching it... somehow.
Nov 22, 2022 2:24 PM
Jun 2021
Nov 22, 2022 2:32 PM

Feb 2022
A bit anticlimactic given spending a whole episode building up the demon. I think it would have been better to reduce the first part of last episode and rush to the finish if it was going to end that way.
Nov 22, 2022 2:34 PM
May 2016
they censored a poke but thats ok
Nov 22, 2022 2:58 PM
Dec 2021
great episode!!!! Cofactors.
Nov 22, 2022 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
Good time to have a strong stomach.
For once I wish that wasn't me lol.
Nov 22, 2022 3:00 PM
Oct 2020
That was not what i expected
Nov 22, 2022 3:08 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, I was unsure if they were going to include the puke scene from the manga or how they were going to do it LOL It's amazing to me that this is a shonen series.
I loved this episode once again and I also particularly liked the 90's aesthetic for the ending visuals!
Nov 22, 2022 3:09 PM

Aug 2022
I would rather have forgotten about that puke kiss... so I'm thankful for the censored puke in Denji's mouth xD

Aside from that, another awesome episode! 🖤
Nov 22, 2022 3:09 PM
Mar 2022
IT WAS ANIMATED TOO GOOD
Nov 22, 2022 3:10 PM
Aug 2021
Himeno are a beautiful woman and have a great pants, gostosa pra cacete irmão
Nov 22, 2022 3:11 PM
May 2021
casi vomito del asco q me da el vómito, 10/10 mappa culiao 10 de 10 B)
Nov 22, 2022 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
"wanna do it?"

hearing this in jp makes me excited
Trying my best with english d-_-b
Nov 22, 2022 3:21 PM

Jul 2012
OH GOD NOT AGAIN! Another vomit into someone else's mouth scene this season?? Come on! D:

Denji is actually crazy and I love that. And that could be beneficial for him.

Chikahiro Kobayashi is also here? Awesome!

And blonde daddy flashback again yay! I can't get enough of hot guys voiced by TsudaKen.
Nov 22, 2022 3:21 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Nov 22, 2022 3:25 PM

Feb 2019
Nah I need the author investigated. First the shitty toilet kiss and now throwing up in people mounts and eating vomit??? Like what is wrong with this man lmaoo
Nov 22, 2022 3:26 PM
Oct 2020
Why puke?! Why puke?! Why puke?! My god.

The eternity devil is finally dead, and denji gets his kiss but also gross! The ED was great this week, as always.
Nov 22, 2022 3:29 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I was wondering if they were going to adapt the barf scene ever since I read it in the manga. The answer was yes... not without being censored though I'm glad it was.

Quite the spicy episode, from Denji's devilish plan to Himeno's... approach let's call it. She looks way more arousing than in the manga and the ending sequence fit in quite nicely (even Kobeni is a route).

Now, as to the cliffhanger... Makima didn't answer Aki's question.

Oh, and regarding the other one-
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 22, 2022 3:33 PM

Dec 2019
..no it, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MEE!!1
Nov 22, 2022 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't read the Chainsaw Man manga but I read the Fire Punch one and know that the mangaka is known for this kinda stuff... I also accidentally spoiled the vomit scene for myself, either by stumbling upon a Google Image manga panel or hearing someone mention it in a YouTube video... Whatever the case, I knew it was somewhere within the story, I just had no idea when or under what context. I gotta say, I was totally caught-off-guard. Very surprised.

Anyway, another great episode. This is one of the things that really make you wanna stay alive in life haha - this is really the highlight of my week, awaiting a new episode and trying to persist to the next Tuesday/Wednesday. As always, they hit it out of the park. Entertaining, cinematic, well-put-together. An instant classic. Great fight scene. Great dialogue in the bar.

I'm starting to notice how these episodes always end on cliffhangers, though. Like, big cliffhangers. Every. Single. Time.
Since I didn't read the manga, I have no idea how the last scene's gonna pan out in the next episode, or what to expect.

Artistically speaking, it was really cool seeing Himeno approached Denji after he awakens in her bed. The PERSPECTIVE shot. Up until the kiss. I'd never actually seen a first-person POV kiss done like this in a 2D(?) animation before. I don't think CGI was used? They incorporate some blurring techniques too to emulate real eyesight -- like blurring the backdrop, or sometimes adding a subtle overall blur to emulate eyesight adjustments.
removed-userNov 22, 2022 3:49 PM
Nov 22, 2022 3:38 PM
Oct 2020
Omg the puked an omg are they gonna do it omg I like kissy and more feet on the bed but instead of weater can they give me more of power feet?!?!?!!?
Nov 22, 2022 3:40 PM
Oct 2021
TW: RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT (ON CAMERA AS WELL?!?!)
Nov 22, 2022 3:43 PM
Dec 2019
Denji's got a srew loose to have done that for 3 days. Poor Denji tho his first kiss tasted like barf and now Himeno wanna do it with him. It's fine tho cuz we all know that he's gonna do it with Makima. Overall great episode.
Nov 22, 2022 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
My man Denji went all out in this episode, he didn't deserve such a first kiss lmao
But i don't think that he will accept, since i guess he promised to Makima first? "promised" lol

This was a very nice and very chill episode, the whole bar part was so fun.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 22, 2022 3:45 PM
Oct 2020
Another fire episode and another great ED. We got the kiss and she carried him home. Ah that kiss is indeed traumatizing
Nov 22, 2022 3:50 PM
Oct 2022
Why did he swallow it tho 🤢
Nov 22, 2022 3:50 PM

Jun 2017
Denji is now traumatized for life. :/
Nov 22, 2022 3:51 PM
May 2021
much love to this anime its such a good combo of comedy and fighting

Nov 22, 2022 3:55 PM

Apr 2016
An other boring episode. All that dragging in the previous episode just to lead to this non-fight?! We already knew Denji's strategy from last episode, he explained/spoiled it. So what's the point of spending half an episode to show and explain it again? We already knew!! It's not like it was an actual fight!

Terrible pacing! Awful storytelling!! They could have easily added 2 more chapters in this episode. Literally nothing relevant happens!
What a drag! Bland characters! This show should be cancelled already! Waste of time! I want refund!
Radical_OrionNov 22, 2022 4:11 PM
Nov 22, 2022 3:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Honestly I wasn’t expecting the arc to end the way it did, just Denji going ham for three days straight until the devil died lol, it was a cool arc tho, and looks like Himeno found her crazy person to fight the Gun Devil. Funny how that wasn’t even the highlight of the episode, the entire drinking party bit was awesome. Got introduced to some new characters, got to see how Arai and Kobeni are in a not scary situation and you can already tell they get better, not that I was worried about that lol.

Of course the most insane part was when Himeno went in for the “juicy kiss” she promised Denji which started out awesome, but I did not expect the puke lol, I’m glad that wasn’t spoiled for me because it was gross and hilarious, tho I’m sure someone is into that out there. It is a shame it was censored but we did get the sound affects that made it extra gross, and we all know what puke looks like anyway. And at the end of the episode we get blessed with Himeno in her underwear and then a wild cliffhanger which is quite the opposite of the one we got last time lol. Also loved the waifu centric ED and its classic anime style, Chainsaw Man has the babes for sure, loved the song as well.
TheColonel76Nov 22, 2022 4:04 PM
Nov 22, 2022 3:58 PM

Jul 2020
the best episode for me so far. setting aside the fight scene, the relationship of the characters was the spotlight here.

PS. love the ed too!
Nov 22, 2022 4:07 PM
Jun 2013
moon_6216 said:
ZeroZ00 said:
Was ok episode. I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Denji is 16 huh. Idk these women seems older and are into denji.

but god do csm fans miss the point, they just see hot woman and ignore pedophilia 💀💀

Meanwhile real 16 years old guys around the world are going at parties and drinking, smoking, dating, kissing, having sex, some getting kids, but yeah a hot woman over 18 kissing perverted Denji with his consent is such a problem, poor innocent Denji XD
Nov 22, 2022 4:08 PM

Apr 2019
Kinda wish the barf scene wasn't censored. But at the same time, it was still just as funny as reading it
Nov 22, 2022 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
Loved that retro style in the ending. 📺
Nov 22, 2022 4:16 PM
Dec 2019
I genuinely felt bad for the devil in this episode. That's such a weird thing to happen in a shonen battle anime. Everything about Chainsaw man is anti-shonen and defies convention. Himeno is also AAA tier waifu. Incredible animation from MAPPA as always.
Nov 22, 2022 4:21 PM
Jul 2022
bruh what a trade 1 night for a vomit kiss. tho I would never kiss anyone drunk (hopefully) also denji got pus before me wtf
Nov 22, 2022 4:23 PM
Oct 2020
TODAY CINEMA WON. COMMON CHAINSAW MAN W
Nov 22, 2022 4:23 PM
Apr 2021
DEMON IN THE NAME OF DEVIL
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1140 by PokefanPT »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2656 by PokefanPT »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

» Blu Ray sales aren't everything

CreepHazard - Feb 1, 2023

39 by EastIndiaCompany »»
Yesterday, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.