Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2022 9:56 AM
Oct 2020
from the beginning I noticed this in the anime, they soften the scenes of violence in the manga and that is a negative point that the anime has.

now in episode 20 they turned the blood pink, it was supposed to be comical but don't go too far with it.

they want to make the anime softer for kids but they need to balance that, Spy x Family is a comedy but the manga is very violent when it needs to be.
Nov 19, 2022 10:06 AM

Mar 2021
Ummm. What color was the blood in the manga? Or wait, let me guess; Black?
Nov 19, 2022 10:13 AM
Jun 2021
Potatoboy11 said:

there's a colored version of the manga but I suppose kids don't read tht.
Nov 19, 2022 10:18 AM

Sep 2020
Pink Blood > Red Blood
Nov 19, 2022 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
Bruh.
That whole sequence was Yor's imagination and had almost whole colour palette changed, blood included. Colour change emphasizes that it is happening entirely in her head. Whole sequence was supposed to be presented in comedic way, that's why we even had mosaic there.

Anyway, since we are at the subject:
IMO nothing destroys girl's cuteness and waifu potential than her casually killing people and "taking pride" our of it.

That's why I can't put Yor as a waifu on S tier, but on A tier max.

That Yuri's flashback of cheerful loli Yor covered in blood was actually unnerving, even.
I don't care about their predicament, because it's author's job to set up a proper exposition and from what author delivered was psychopath in the making and it's not like he could pick another profession for Yor.
Thank God Yor did not turned out to be a complete nutjob, but this slight distaste still remains. Good thing that author is not showing us Yor doing her "work" at all, despite conveying that she does it daily.

TL;DR Yor is a quality waifu, but her job and approach to it is a real turnoff for me.

/rant off
PiromyslNov 19, 2022 10:48 AM

Nov 19, 2022 10:24 AM
Nov 2022
Wasn't that because the whole sequence of Yor's imagination had that color palette?
Nov 19, 2022 10:31 AM
Mar 2017
seems like a cool Danganronpa reference if anything
Nov 19, 2022 10:36 AM
Oct 2021
i mean yea, its an anime for kids
Candy:
Nov 19, 2022 10:52 AM

Jul 2015
onionboys said:

Actually, there is a contradiction here.
If it is supposed to be wholesome show, I think author should give Yor a different profession.
There is absolutely nothing wholesome about being an assassin, let alone taking pride from this profession.
That loli Yor covered in blood was straight up messed up and there was absolutely nothing wholesome about it.

Nov 19, 2022 11:01 AM
Feb 2022
GeanWolf2000 said:
from the beginning I noticed this in the anime, they soften the scenes of violence in the manga and that is a negative point that the anime has.

now in episode 20 they turned the blood pink, it was supposed to be comical but don't go too far with it.

they want to make the anime softer for kids but they need to balance that, Spy x Family is a comedy but the manga is very violent when it needs to be.

That reminds me: danganronpa had pink blood. OK, makes sense, since it's violent as hell. Then came despair arc, which also had pink blood. OK, sure. It's not as violent, but I guess they're sticking to the pink blood formula. And then came future arc, the most violent fucking part of the danganronpa franchise. And what does it bring? Correct: Red. Fucking. Blood. It didn't censor a single milimeter of my screen. At the end of the day it got the same age rating as the other two works, so I have no idea why they would censor Spy x Family's blood
Nov 19, 2022 12:01 PM
Aug 2021
Idk I’m not the biggest fan of censorship of violence in any show that changes the tone of it, but Spy Family doesn’t really lose anything because of it imo, especially because the referenced scene was just intended as a comedic imagined scenario. I just feel like it’s not worth being bothered by the censorship of blood and violence when it’s not all that prominent of an aspect. I just don’t really feel like instances such as this take away from what the tone of the story is supposed to be.
Nov 19, 2022 12:37 PM
Jun 2021
ZXEAN said:
Pink Blood > Red Blood

a Danganronpa man of culture, I see
Nov 19, 2022 2:30 PM
Oct 2018
OMGitsRC said:
Potatoboy11 said:

there's a colored version of the manga but I suppose kids don't read tht.

yes its the kids that dont read the coloured version... good logic lol
Nov 19, 2022 3:12 PM
Aug 2017
Piromysl said:
onionboys said:

If it is supposed to be wholesome show, I think author should give Yor a different profession.
There is absolutely nothing wholesome about being an assassin, let alone taking pride from this profession.
That loli Yor covered in blood was straight up messed up and there was absolutely nothing wholesome about it.

Crunchy roll advertises the Anime as "family friendly" though. So why is that?
Nov 19, 2022 4:53 PM

Mar 2021
I actually think the pink blood is more unique and cool to the scene
Nov 19, 2022 5:44 PM

Feb 2021
Tryxonia said:
Piromysl said:

Crunchy roll advertises the Anime as "family friendly" though. So why is that?
When have they advertise it as family friendly???
Nov 19, 2022 5:56 PM
Mar 2022
You all are dumb, actually the censorship in this episode is the artistic choice to make this violence scene comedic. Like yor's food got censored. Here censorship is used not to hide blod and fight but to present it as a psychological comedy. Lol talk about unnecessary criticism without understanding the theme.
Nov 19, 2022 6:12 PM

Aug 2019
GeanWolf2000 said:

You clearly missed the meaning of that scene! Because it's not censoring...
Yor was just imagining how she could tell Anya about her secret side job.
Nov 19, 2022 7:23 PM
Jun 2021
my guy almost every single anime I've seen that had violence in the manga is always way more toned down in the anime. it isnt new, most manga are more violent
Nov 19, 2022 7:28 PM
Apr 2021
soma_ITB said:
You all are dumb, actually the censorship in this episode is the artistic choice to make this violence scene comedic. Like yor's food got censored. Here censorship is used not to hide blod and fight but to present it as a psychological comedy. Lol talk about unnecessary criticism without understanding the theme.

Damm right bro, many people watching anime dosen't know that animation style & design of important things are ment to be that way cuz their is meaning behind it.
Nov 19, 2022 7:33 PM
Mar 2022
JD-Dark_Phoenix said:
soma_ITB said:

Damm right bro, many people watching anime dosen't know that animation style & design of important things are ment to be that way cuz their is meaning behind it.
yes we are smart since we share same country lol
Nov 19, 2022 8:24 PM
Jun 2021
Potatoboy11 said:

Wouldn’t it be a matte black
Nov 19, 2022 10:50 PM
Oct 2021
Piromysl said:
onionboys said:

i promise i didnt ask and am not reading any of that
Candy:
Nov 19, 2022 10:56 PM

Jul 2015
onionboys said:
Piromysl said:

LoL that's literally three short sentences, but whateva.

Nov 19, 2022 11:45 PM
May 2022
soma_ITB said:
JD-Dark_Phoenix said:

yes we are smart since we share same country lol

Should you at least swallow your pride first? You guys are bunch of lunatics for being so high and mighty.🙄
Nov 20, 2022 2:43 AM
Oct 2021
Piromysl said:
onionboys said:

LoL that's literally three short sentences, but whateva.

thanks for counting, didnt ask.
Candy:
Nov 20, 2022 2:58 AM
Aug 2022
ZXEAN said:
Pink Blood > Red Blood
wait till you taste my white blood
Nov 20, 2022 7:16 AM
Feb 2022
They went Danganronpa on this one.
Nov 20, 2022 9:27 PM
Nov 2022
For me, the censorship in this episode is not that big deal tho. It's just Yor's imagination, it's not that it removes some impact to the entire episode. Maybe it's best if we'll wait to what will they do in the cruise ship arc as those chapters surely screams bloodlust and violence. If they'll add censorship to those scenes then perhaps it'll really impact the action and episode in those scenes
Nov 23, 2022 12:39 AM

Oct 2021
not gonna get my social credit score below zero. gotta see blood as a specific white stuff.
yes.
Nov 23, 2022 6:45 PM
Sep 2022
That scene was more hilarious because it was censored lol.
Nov 27, 2022 7:56 AM

Oct 2010
I thought it was in regards to ecchi, now I am disappointed, I wanna see Yor naked
Nov 27, 2022 11:44 AM

Mar 2021
danganronpa blood hell yeah

Jan 3, 2023 12:43 AM

Oct 2008
I guess a blur is better than a black spot, or a random ray of light. Still sucks that they felt censorship was necessary.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

365 by InClouseau »»
Sep 18, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by PaddyVu »»
Aug 27, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

220 by Xramadhan »»
Aug 23, 3:48 PM

Poll: » TV anime『SPYĂ—FAMILY』× BUMP OF CHICKEN「SOUVENIR」Anime MV

LittleStar - Jul 24

5 by kawaii_gaara »»
Jul 26, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

380 by removed-user »»
Jul 18, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.