Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2022 6:50 AM

Jul 2017
Thomas Plateau, located in a rural area in Mexico, his job: protect children while driving the school bus everyday.

With Satake's miraculous survival of the fall from the plane from 10,000 feet after failing to catapult himself from the plane seat, and the Vesna Vulović infodump of JAT Flight 367 on January 25, 1972 is actually a real-life story of cheating death, she's a Guinness World Record legend.

Satake, having second thoughts about ending his life from his wife's nightmare, chooses death, except that the gun was a fake to show that Thomas is armed to protect himself from the local mafia whom he abhorred so much. How Satake has survived being someone who's cheated death numerous times with a criminal record to his name for killing his wife. Thomas's story is the same: he was an ex-mafia member who got involved with the wrong crowd and put his family in jeopardy, living his life disgracefully.

Of course, life is not free, and Thomas puts Satake to work on the bone alongside him, taking care of children. And the mafia still continuing to target Thomas with the children as collateral, luckily there is Satake along to play the act to relieve the children of their fears in the midst of a kidnapping-cum-human trafficking. But the window to escape is small, and the escape must be done discreetly.

Plateau may have sacrificed his life as an atonement to his wife and child, but at least the children are safe.
KANLen09Nov 10, 2022 11:52 AM
Nov 9, 2022 7:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
xD So now human traffic in Mexico, of course he didn't die from the plane fall but RIP that other guy who saved him, at least the children are safe now
Nov 9, 2022 10:05 AM
Sep 2015
I love how there's always explanation of everything, except how a Japanese can communicate with Mexicans.
Nov 9, 2022 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
I expected them to drop the Vesna Vulović fact.

Can someone tell me if the inspiration for Plateau's tatoo is based on real life

I already saw it elsewhere

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 9, 2022 2:56 PM

Apr 2015
Me: Time for weekly laugh
Also me: Nooooo Plateau-san
Nov 9, 2022 3:33 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is legit GOOD. Very sad episode
Nov 9, 2022 9:20 PM

Jun 2019
Klad said:

It's a shame how underrated it is and how generally overlooked and passed over it is now in the present while it's airing and highly probably will be in the foreseeable future, if not in perpetuity, just due to the limited animation alone. It proves that a show is more than what it does or doesn't do with its animation, and you can fully have an interesting, engaging, even educational or informative story regardless of however it chooses to convey itself visually. Critiques on that point alone to generalize the whole series as poor quality at its core come off as shallow to me. It certainly feels like it has more substance than a number of other seasonals I've watched within the past year.
Nov 10, 2022 4:02 AM
Mar 2021
This show is gems that abusing animation quality. i love it.

RIP Plateau.
Nov 10, 2022 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
WatchTillTandava said:
Klad said:

It's a shame how underrated it is and how generally overlooked and passed over it is now in the present while it's airing and highly probably will be in the foreseeable future, if not in perpetuity, just due to the limited animation alone. It proves that a show is more than what it does or doesn't do with its animation, and you can fully have an interesting, engaging, even educational or informative story regardless of however it chooses to convey itself visually. Critiques on that point alone to generalize the whole series as poor quality at its core come off as shallow to me. It certainly feels like it has more substance than a number of other seasonals I've watched within the past year.
Oh totally no doubt that the reason why this anime has been ostracized to this degree is only due to the animation. Which in my opinion is a breath of fresh air, even though it looks cartoonish it gives the show a unique and distinct feeling. This kind of story would not be portrayed as it is with another kind of animation. I am not one to care about MAL ratings at all, but seeing an anime with a story like this get a 5.7 mean score ticks me off a little bit. Just goes to show that most of the time you cannot trust this site with judgements.
KladNov 10, 2022 8:01 AM
Nov 10, 2022 10:16 AM

Oct 2008
with that impossible fall form the sky, Hirofumi Satake has a great guardian angel! lolz
4/5.

Nov 10, 2022 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Best episode so far imo. Loved the drama, the trivia and the conclusion. I started watching this without any expectations but I am legit enjoying it so far.
Nov 11, 2022 2:52 AM

Aug 2014
Didn't feel as emotional about this one ngl.
Decent episode tho
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 12, 2022 12:35 PM
Apr 2021
I swear to god this anime is infinite times better than Midsaw Man
Nov 13, 2022 11:18 AM

Jan 2021
I'm still baffled every time Hirofumi survives something outrageous lol. You think your favorite character has plot armor? Allow me to introduce you to this man.

This show continues to surprise me as one of the hidden gems this season. I feel like the animation works with this anime, though I don't really know how to explain it.

Nov 15, 2022 8:03 AM

Aug 2014
Plateau is so kind. Why they always do good people like that. :(
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Mar 20, 2023 7:27 PM

Feb 2021
That old man really a good guy...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

» The official English manga dub is on YouTube

phantomfandom - Sep 2, 2023

1 by Emmywarrior159 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:28 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

13 by theonewhodk »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2022

22 by YudiYusantoS »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 14, 2022

10 by YudiYusantoS »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:17 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2022

9 by YudiYusantoS »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.