Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 4, 2022 10:36 AM

Mar 2020
Mephisto was as insane as ever, and that "game" sequence was quite tense for sure. The world that we have been seeing so far seems very unrelenting and dark, and it seems inevitable that some characters may meet their demise at some point. Animation looked as cinematic as the first episode, with wonderful background shots, plus some good music to boot. It's been enjoyable, to say the least, so far.
Nov 4, 2022 10:47 AM
Jul 2015
I loved it especially reunion members reveals were good
Nov 4, 2022 10:52 AM

Sep 2018
That sequence was Crownslayer did not need to be as hot as it was.

god i wish that were me.
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Nov 4, 2022 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
Talulah is here!!!! I've been waiting for this forever. Goddamn, I knew I see in the game but her flame is insanely huge. It's a firestorm! How the hell do you fight against that?

Nov 4, 2022 10:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a Park very dangerous!!!! kekeke
Nov 4, 2022 11:03 AM
Oct 2021
Gotta say I don't like how incompetent Amiya's team is. They lost the doctor to Crownslayer and then almost lost to Mephisto. That entire sequence felt very one-sided, which is a little bit different to the game where they felt more like they were putting up a fight. Now we're pretty much running away, getting shot in the back and pretty much losing. Not saying this should 100% follow the game, I'd love for it to improve everything. But that scene just ended up making the Doctor evacuation team look like a joke instead of the experienced fighters they're supposed to be.

And Talulah melting buildings like that makes me worried that they overdone it. Showing her be this strong is going to be hard to come back from.
Nov 4, 2022 11:04 AM

Dec 2015
ah yes "Mephisto" the most fucker i see in this whole arc
i will never forgive you for what you has done and kill you again and again and again.....
Nov 4, 2022 11:05 AM
Jun 2021
Imo Maaya Sakamoto stole the show as Talulah, really like the entrance and the music sounds fitting too.
Nov 4, 2022 11:06 AM

Jul 2011
Hey, Hoshiguma is in the OP. Nice!

Basic creepy kid with the bland speech about game or whatever.

Nearl appearing was awesome. Just the way a tank should be presented.

Next episode will be interesting.
Nov 4, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
OP’s a banger and the episode was really interesting. I feel like these whole 8 episodes are gonna be us trying to get Doctor back to Rodheus Island lol
And damn a cliffhanger. Wasn’t actually expecting this anime to be interesting. Gacha stories are always so boring, yet this one is somehow working.

I’m still not sure why tf we are so damn far from Rodheus Island. Was it explained?
Mephisto is the only character I’m not feeling. I hate characters that are evil for the sake of it.
Nov 4, 2022 11:11 AM
Feb 2022
Guys the ending song is already out?who the singer?
Nov 4, 2022 11:21 AM

May 2016
absolute banger of a show. IS this the only good anime based on a phone game?
hopefully it doesn't end at just one season.
Nov 4, 2022 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Fuck Yeah my Girls Ch'en and Talulah appear, well Ch'en only in the opening and ending for now.
Crownslayer in animation is nice too

Hot in more than one ways

Ah yes Ace remaining silent on what has happened on the Square, but Rhodes Island will find out what's ahead next episode

I was looking forward to this moment, the square burning with Talulah in the core of the flames threatening Rhodes Island. Can't wait for next episode to get more of this moment
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 4, 2022 11:32 AM
Jan 2022
Xenocrisi said:
still not sure why tf we are so damn far from Rodheus Island. Was it explained?

They came to rescue the doc.

Loved the episode, but I'm so used to being able to binge watch that it made the episode seem kind of uneventful...
Nov 4, 2022 11:40 AM
Jun 2019
Stimulation and stimulation. This anime doesn't feel like it's made for anime lovers but only mobile game players. I liked slow pace in first episode but now I don't even know a thing about story. It's like a game a very long game prologue and it just doesn't feel natural.

Even though art style and scenes looks very nice light is going out slowly.
Nov 4, 2022 11:50 AM
Jul 2021
It was too good! and the end was the best part!
Nov 4, 2022 12:12 PM
Nov 2020
This episode was awesome! Loved seeing Nearl, The Radiant Knight, Crownslayer, Faust, and Talulah! (Not you, Mephisto, I still haven't forgiven you).

Both Ayane Sakura and Maaya Sakamoto did extremely good jobs interpreting their characters. Also loved how Kouhei Amasaki interpreted Mephisto. Really dug into his try-hard-sadistic personality of his.

Our cute protagonist (Amiya) is still very green, but it's great to go back and see hour far she has come (the main story is currently in chapter 10, probably the end of a possible Season 4).

Seeing the Radiant Knight, the best pegasi, arriving and saving the day was awesome. Also, the way they displayed Talulahs power was way beyond my imagination when I was reading that part. I also enjoyed the entire part on the clinic. It was a very heartfelt moment, and RI leadership showed empathy, even though the others were reluctant to collaborate with them.

All in all, a great episode, and both the OP and ED were just gorgeous!

Xenocrisi said:
I’m still not sure why tf we are so damn far from Rodheus Island. Was it explained?
Mephisto is the only character I’m not feeling. I hate characters that are evil for the sake of it.

Currently, the cast is inside the city of Chernobog, a mobile city composed of dozens of mobile plates, designed to move in the case of a catastrophe. Why they're not moving the city with an incoming catastrophe is revealed in chapter 8 (probably the end of a possible Season 3).

Rhodes Island is based on a land-ship with the same name, and it is most likely parked way outside the range of Chernobog defensive guns since Ursus is a hostile nation to most infected organizations.

About Mephisto, if I'm not mistaken, his character is elaborated in Chapter 8 as well, as well as his relationship with Faust. You kind of understand where he began to "lose it".

EDIT: Also, fellow Dokutahs, welcome to 1-7!
jpb18Nov 4, 2022 12:43 PM
Nov 4, 2022 12:20 PM
May 2021
The first half of the episode is fast paced but talulah’s entrance is FUCKING TERRIFYING ITS GREAT.

The OP and ED are a banger
Nov 4, 2022 12:30 PM
Oct 2021
if I had a nickel for every time the new guys save the day, I'd have three nickels.
Which isn't a lot.
But damn.
Nov 4, 2022 12:42 PM
Apr 2021
Really enjoyed this episode and as for the exposition it didn’t bother me. The more I watch this anime the more I want to learn the arknights lore
Nov 4, 2022 12:42 PM
Feb 2020
The episode is pretty good, probably some minor hiccups here and there. Music was nice and consistent, some fight animation sequences felt stiff but they NAILED the facial expressions so damn well. The final scene and cliffhanger of this episode brings up the most hype.

Waiting to see more chaos unfold, and most importantly for more viewers to be hooked by the grand plot scheme. Looking forward to the scorching heat of the 3rd episode, if its accurate enough to the game then it will be fully action packed and no slow expositions at all. May help viewers decide whether this anime lives up to its potential or not.

Edit: forgot to rate the episode, 7.5/10
Akumaru03Nov 4, 2022 1:02 PM
Nov 4, 2022 1:24 PM
Jul 2015
Nearl should've said "Your chariot has arrived" like in the game and there were missing fight scenes with Faust and his multi-shot "abilities" most likely due to ep length limitations. Everything else was done well even though its a different pacing from the game. I'm surprised they didn't scrap the Azazel clinic scene

Ah man, is the next ep really it? I hope it's good
Nov 4, 2022 1:37 PM
Nov 2020
Lintonnight said:
Guys the ending song is already out?who the singer?

The ED song is "Be me", composed and arranged by Doul and URU; the singer is Doul.
Nov 4, 2022 1:43 PM
Oct 2021
I love this anime.
Nov 4, 2022 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
2nd great episode. Op and ED are great, can't wait for more ^^
Nov 4, 2022 1:49 PM
Jul 2021
i am SO SICK of the giddily insane baddies who think it's all a game and want to destroy everyone and everything and/or usher in a New Age of Me Being the Supreme Leader. such a tired trope, and that little blonde dude was just dreary. he's over-powered, so our MC can discover her own super-powers in the midst of despair blah blah blah.

god these are so without creativity or merit. dreadful.
Nov 4, 2022 1:51 PM

Sep 2012
Xenocrisi said:
OP’s a banger and the episode was really interesting. I feel like these whole 8 episodes are gonna be us trying to get Doctor back to Rodheus Island lol
And damn a cliffhanger. Wasn’t actually expecting this anime to be interesting. Gacha stories are always so boring, yet this one is somehow working.

Welp Arknights is an exception, it has great story, kinda the reason it's mostly the only game on my phone xD...
Nov 4, 2022 2:02 PM
May 2015
BlakexEkalb said:
Still
Side note: I vehemently despise the “talks like a little kid but when serious, voice becomes deeper” trope. Pair that with the "sadistic crazy evil" character and you have an awful villain. I hope they get no more screen time.

I have good news and bad news for you in spoiler land. All I'll say for now is that you will have plenty of company in the "We hate Mephisto" fan club.
Nov 4, 2022 2:32 PM
Mar 2021
I guess Arknights is among some of the most visually pleasing on this season.
Nov 4, 2022 2:35 PM
Nov 2021
Great. Very close to the Arknights game.
Nov 4, 2022 3:07 PM

Feb 2018
Actually been quite an interesting watch so far.
Looks like they might already be introducing some sort of boss character.
Nov 4, 2022 3:34 PM
May 2015
Really well orchestrated, compared to the original source
Animation top notch, also nice reveal of opening and ending
Nov 4, 2022 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
Really enjoyed the OP and ED.

The story remains interesting and seem how these Waifus pop in the story i can tell this definitely a gacha game lol
Nov 4, 2022 5:16 PM
Nov 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Fate Grand Order

Azur Lane: has two different stories
Nov 4, 2022 5:20 PM
Apr 2022
Done with this shit cause they have to say doctor 50 times an episode
Nov 4, 2022 5:24 PM

Nov 2021
This show is actually pretty great, I'm surprised. Though I have no idea what's going on
Nov 4, 2022 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
so they got magic or what they call arts that is a side effect of the disease they have

looks like that Mephisto dude is a necromancer and that Talulah girl is a fire magic user
Nov 4, 2022 6:36 PM

Mar 2010
Damn that hopelessness in her eyes was just perfect I wanted to lick her eyes. This is why i'm here goddamit

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 4, 2022 8:14 PM
Oct 2020
Xenocrisi said:

Oh, trust me. This season will only cover the prologue and almost everyone agrees that that arc is the worst part of the main story.

As for Mephisto, I agree that he looks like he's evil just for the sake of it but it was later shown what kind of person Mephisto was and has been through... in chapter 8. So, yeah. I can't help but agree with you about Mephisto. (FYI, prologue is chapter 0-3 iirc and it is shortest arc by word counts, even compared to side story event)
Nov 4, 2022 8:24 PM

Feb 2020
starting off with Crownslayer appearance + a cool entrance by ya boy Mephisto. glad they chose the right seiyuu for his role :) Hope to see more come out from him. On the other hand we also got to see Nearl appear, the cavalry. came in and left pretty quick.

Another little blurb of the context R.I. finds themselves in. and yes, this is described just as much in the game, so for those thinking this anime isn't for newcomers, this is just about what ya'd get if u read the game story instead.

and finally, talulah appears! Pretty integral character throughout most of Arknights' story, so keep an eye out for that fiend.

In general we seem to be halfway into Chapter 0, so we should be wrapping up Chernobog by next ep, give or take.

good OP by ReoNa, and a pretty nice ED by, of course, an English singer. Hypergryph loves English artists for some reason

looking forward to the next one.
BoazanianNov 4, 2022 8:28 PM
Nov 4, 2022 8:31 PM

Feb 2021
Faust and Nearl are here! New OP and ED is good. Looks like the Chernobog arc will be over by the next episode.
Nov 4, 2022 8:45 PM
Oct 2020
corvKa said:
Actually been quite an interesting watch so far.
Looks like they might already be introducing some sort of boss character.

Yes, Talulah is the final boss of Chernobog-Lungmen crisis arc. Her ability in the game is dreadful, although can still be worked around. However, the player will also need to protect civilian in the EX stage, making it impossible (not almost) to work around her ability.
Nov 4, 2022 8:46 PM
Oct 2022
The lore is just too much to cover i get why the pace is slow but to be fair they already finished chapter 0 so im happy
Nov 4, 2022 8:51 PM

Apr 2017
Next eps must be painfully , prepared yourself comrade
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Nov 4, 2022 8:53 PM

Jan 2020
Secret333 said:
[cut]
And Talulah melting buildings like that makes me worried that they overdone it. Showing her be this strong is going to be hard to come back from.

Come on. Did you forget about her boss fight on chapter 9? Aside from
If the stage could take damage, the whole field would've been in ruins after that encounter.
Nov 4, 2022 9:02 PM
Oct 2020
Nice episode. It's actually way better at storytelling than the source material lol. Kinda not a fan of Joestar family secret technique during Mephisto encounter. I get that Rhodes Island wanted to avoid casualities by waiting for backup instead of directly clashing with the enemies but at least don't make it seem like RI operators are incompetent. Reunion is just untrained fighters while RI combat operators are trained, even if not as trained as proper soldier. Make them evading the caster attack, hiding behind something and return some of the attack. There are many ways to avoid direct clash while not one sidedly beaten.

I don't remember Talulah being that powerful. She's powerful and she is indeed able to melt buidings but I don't remember it was shown in the prologue. Maybe it's just my memory because I don't remember much of the prologue, it's been more than 2 years.

Nevertheless, it was epic.

A bit of info dump but I guess it's necessary since we can't exactly read operator's archive files in the anime.
Nov 4, 2022 9:11 PM

Jan 2020
Ah yes, because Talulah obviously had to be weak first because it's just the start of the story. I forgot that power is directly proportional to where you are in the story. Makes total sense.
Nov 4, 2022 9:30 PM
Jul 2021
now we can invite more people to " melphisto hate club ".
Nov 4, 2022 9:36 PM
Jul 2022
mrjankyvision said:
Xenocrisi said:
still not sure why tf we are so damn far from Rodheus Island. Was it explained?

They came to rescue the doc.

Loved the episode, but I'm so used to being able to binge watch that it made the episode seem kind of uneventful...

It's not that the episode is uneventful or anything, it's just that the anime seems to be made for you to binge watch it and not on a weekly release. I think the anime will have a better viewing experience if you binge it.
Nov 4, 2022 9:59 PM

May 2016
DarkHomieC said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Fate Grand Order

Azur Lane: has two different stories
I forgot about fate since there is so many of them.
And azur has a 6 on one lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

93 by bushman66 »»
Mar 11, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 9, 2022

68 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.