Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 25, 2022 8:54 PM
Dec 2014
I love Miku but I knew from start that Miku will never win.
I have seen tons of harem anime. From experience I am telling, 95% time either the tsundere wins or anyone who the Male lead first meet win.
From 1st epsidoe, Itsuki had more than 95% chance that she will win. Reason - She met ML first.
Things change when you realise that the childhood girl was Yotsuba, so ML met Yotsuba first. So Yotsuba had 90% chance to win from that episode.
Ichika,Nino and my beloved Miku had no chance from the start.
It is sad but this is how most harem anime work. Took me some time to accept this fact. I even stopped watching ecchi harem for almost 4-5 years.
Just watched this today because I watched first season few years back.
Only few harem anime allows harem ending. I feel harem ending could have been better in goutoubon too.
My Miku would have become happy. But ya, what can we do.
I feel To love ru will have harem ending, nisekoi that yellow hair girl have 90% chance to win. in love hina that studious glass girl have highest chance to win,
Nov 30, 2022 9:34 AM
Nov 2019
Dragevard said:
How are you guys coping with your sunken ship?

I shipped Yotsuba/Miku with Futaro, so I'm sailing halfway.
Dec 5, 2022 4:47 PM
Dec 2021
Still pissed tbh. Horrible ending to an incredible series.
Dec 7, 2022 2:37 AM
Aug 2013
And my girl Yotsuba is the winner. Just predict it while watching season 1 (on March 2019). Congrats...
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Dec 7, 2022 1:55 PM
Jun 2020
That's the trick. I'm not. 😭
Dec 8, 2022 3:02 PM
Jun 2019
Idk what you mean the ending was Great
Dec 11, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2019
I wanted Nino to win but I would have honestly taken anyone over Yotsuba.
Dec 12, 2022 11:07 AM
Dango Daikazoku

Aug 2019
a deep deep DEEP depression. im happy with anyone winning so i didnt hate any of the sisters though Nino was my best girl
Dec 15, 2022 2:27 PM
Jul 2020
I've only been watching anime for the last couple of years, but QQ joins a special group of shows - plus the Persona 5 videogame - to give me post anime depression. And it blows my mind how much of a whirlwind it's been.

I've enjoyed a bunch of rom coms and I thought QQ would be no different. Started the first season earlier this month and, just over a week later, I'm watching the rolling credits for the movie at 2am last Monday morning. The last few days have been me just trying to get back into a groove, watch other shows, get occupied with work/other hobbies, and try to accept this was a great but brief ride. But damn it doesn't help having the movie's end credits playing in your head over and over.

I didn't read the manga but to me, the series and the movie were fantastic. Five extremely lovable girls, a tsundere MC who was refreshingly independent, blunt and intelligent (not falling for/putting up with Ichika's sneaky shenanigans), and a proper harem free-for-all with a cast-iron winner in the end. I was definitely in Team Yotsuba and though by the end of S2 I thought she might have a small chance, I was fully expecting Itsuki to win because she came across as a Mary Sue.

I know a lot of people were either gunning for Nino or Miku, and they may feel upset/frustrated/angry that neither won. If it's any consolation, from a Yotsuba fan, I can say that as much as I was fist pumping the air when it was confirmed she got Futaro, I personally still felt the post-show blues when it dawned on me that this was the whole series over. Yotsuba won - great! - but that was the end of the ride, I just happened to hop on soon after the finishing movie came out for release. With hindsight I may have paced the show out a bit better and should have checked whether the movie was continuing or wrapping up the series.

Personally I can only hope future rom coms will adapt some of the things QQ did. Above all else, I hope they reward the bright eyed, energetic, heart-on-her-sleeve characters and let them get the guy like QQ did with Yotsuba. I was disappointed with the MC's pick in Oregairu, and after Googling the victor in Nisekoi, I wasn't keen on that either. QQ will always be special to me because I feel that the underdog finally got the win, and not only did she get the win, but she fully deserved it.

PS: though I gotta say Futaro must be one of the luckiest MCs in a rom com ever - all five quints are spectacular in their own ways!

Dec 22, 2022 12:36 AM
Jan 2021
They all went on the honeymoon together and futaro did say he loves them all and wishes they could be that close forever… so I’m coping by believing they all live together and guts to loves them all but loves yotsuba the most and Ichika comes home from the US every 2 weeks or a whole week every month
Dec 30, 2022 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
Yotsuba was my 2nd favorite after Ichika, so it was all good. Ichika had no chances of winning after season 2, and she had to deal with the Kana Hanazawa curse too, so I'm glad at least my second choice won at the end.
Jan 10, 2023 1:30 PM
May 2019
Dragevard said:
How are you guys coping with your sunken ship?
What ship sank???
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jan 13, 2023 8:16 AM

Nov 2020
Thought the movie did an even better job of selling Yotsuba as the bride than the manga did, with how they rearranged the order of some things and made her the most prominent sister up until the reveal. 

Wasn't my preferred ship or favorite girl (which are two different things themselves), but she makes sense, and if you rewatch the whole show knowing the end, you can see why she's the one. It's not as out-of-nowhere as people think. 
Jan 20, 2023 7:07 AM
May 2019
From what I'm reading, many here are reacting to who they considered was their favorite character and should have been paired.  Personally, I like Itsuki, but she's not a good pairing.  Yotsuba was the best because both her and Futaro did excel in their areas AND they did complete each other.  She wasn't going to be overbearing or controlling to Futaro and yet she was a well organized person.  Any of the other girls were going to very controlling (yes, even Miko with her submissive demeanor).
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jan 23, 2023 2:27 PM
Sep 2020
Recently i started watching romantic animes and I am glad and saddened at the same time that I watched this. I can't define in one word,it was a nice long journey and saddened it ended.
Jan 28, 2023 2:56 PM

Nov 2017
Would have been fine with Nino, Miku, Itsuki, or Ichika being the bride, but why Yotsuba..? She's just so bland and has no real personality compared to the rest imo. 
Feb 7, 2023 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
Well I did not ship Itsuki with Futarou that hard, so whatever. Miku still best girl, but I don't think she and Futarou were such a great match.
Feb 18, 2023 6:15 AM
Apr 2022
really just ended up becoming a massive trainwreck in the end. Kind of surprised the box office did so well. The plot was just bokuben combined with nisekoi. It wasn't even unique vs saenai heroine. at least quints fan can finally shut about being the best in the genre
Feb 19, 2023 1:17 PM

Mar 2015
I didn't really have a ship to sunk but my actual antiship had surfaced
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Feb 27, 2023 10:51 AM

May 2009
Pathetic Itsukitard boosts favourites to be over Miku every time his accouts get purged.
Mar 10, 2023 9:23 AM

Jan 2017
So many bad reviews and upset people just cause their fav girl didn't win. Going into paragraphs explaining why their girl was a better match for the MC. I liked how it turned out, I like how it ended. At least it had an actual conclusion instead of some harems that leave it ambiguous! 
Mar 10, 2023 9:28 AM

May 2020
All i know is the show has a 2nd season & was left on a cliffhanger!!!

I wonder what the next installment will be & who will win!!!

Still waiting for 3rd season or if not a movie!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Apr 3, 2023 1:34 AM

Sep 2009
Despite having a favorite girl, I was perfectly fine with any of them winning besides Itsuki (as she was the least romantically involved and it would have been the most cliche result) or harem/no ending.  So I have zero complaints here. 
Apr 10, 2023 10:58 PM
Jan 2021
Simpin4MikuDaily said:
I had been suffering since I read the ending on the manga, but now that I have watched the movie, I have finally moved on and accepted who won.
Based. Miku my beloved has lost but it's alright.
Apr 28, 2023 11:17 PM
Oct 2019
i'm not really into "shipping". but in season 1 i really liked miku. i just connected with her character. and in season 2, nino really developed in my eyes. so while miku was my fav, i would've been happy for either. but happy for them winning and being happy themselves, not really because i thought the guy and them were some perfect, wonderful couple. if that makes sense to you (it makes sense to me)

i liked yotsuba more than ichika and itsuki. so i think it's nice for her that she "won". but i feel like for the first season and a half i wasn't even sure she was interested in the guy haha
May 31, 2023 2:04 PM

Oct 2017
@YosepRA 

Bro facts, who was the one you were for? Cause I'm still pissed it wasn't miku, even itsuki would worked despite their odds cause she hangs out at his house and with his sister, or even nino who mf poisoned him woulda been better then mf yotosuba, shit made no sense and felt so forced..
Jun 4, 2023 3:20 AM

Jun 2015
GodOfWolves said:
@YosepRA 

Bro facts, who was the one you were for? Cause I'm still pissed it wasn't miku, even itsuki would worked despite their odds cause she hangs out at his house and with his sister, or even nino who mf poisoned him woulda been better then mf yotosuba, shit made no sense and felt so forced..
It was Miku, bro. And still to this day, my conclusion about the series remain unchanged.

Perhaps I was just salty that Miku didn't win. I mean, she is such a sincere girl. But I also have a conclusion that what pissed me off went beyond just which girl wins.
Story-wise, it was engaging. In the spectrum of a genre as "degenerated" as harem-romance, Gotoubun no Hanayome was top tier. The characters develops and grows nicely throughout the series, making you attached to them. And Negi has interesting takes to tackle some of the harem cliches out there.

But for it to end with Yotsube, I was simply stupified. "Why?" was the first question that I arrived at.

Long story short, it was like Negi throws all of the wholesome and meaningful character developments throughout his story out to the window, and throw in Yotsuba as the winner just to say to my face "Ha! You didn't expect it would be Yotsuba, did you?".

I can't..... Such a wasted story of what could be a defining series in harem-romance genre in modern era.
Jun 24, 2023 3:54 AM

Apr 2013
The worst part is that they intentionally make the least developed, hence the least loved, character the chosen one. But on the other hand, i guess it's good in that it allows all the fans of the four main girls to commiserate together. Still that's the worst, as i was really pulling for 3 of those girls, so i don't really have a sunken ship, so much as a sunken fleet.
Jun 30, 2023 7:05 AM
Feb 2020
suyaxh said:
Guys check out his on hold list
You'll not be disappointed 😂

He's a real man of culture for sure I even tried to send him a friend request but his privacy is too strong
Aug 25, 2023 11:26 PM
Aug 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:

^^i think this was the correct ending!!!

^^You can check more of this guy's channel if you want some copium!!!!

Thank you for sharing this, it helped me an awful lot🥺
Sep 6, 2023 6:21 PM

Apr 2020
I'm happy with Yotsuba winning. At first I thought Miku was 'the best' but she wasn't the best for the MC.

If I had to rank:

1. Yotsuba
2. Ichika
3. Miku
4. Nino
5. Itsuki
I feel like Itsuki loved the MC the least in a romantic way, but I think both are happy to continue to be friends
Nino was arguably great in character development and she was the first one to boldly go after the MC. However, I feel like her train slowed down or plateaued. MC and Nino shared some chemistry but not enough, and I feel like MC was more flustered with Nino's love than genuinely going with it all the way.
Miku is arguably the 4th because she didn't take action for the longest time but she was nonetheless very loving since the early beginning. However, I don't think the MC vibes with Miku as much as Miku loves him.
Ichika's greatest mistakes were lying and being indecisive. Early on she was a bit like Itsuki in not going straight towards MC. But nonetheless I think Ichika and the MC got along very well with each other. Arguably Nino and Miku are ahead of Ichika. Plus, Ichika seemed the most distant as she was busy.
Yotsuba is great not because she had the best character development but because she was genuinely the one who stood out the most and was the most welcoming and cheerful. Yotsuba did not prioritize her love to the MC over others, and I believe the MC admired that. They also had some moments together, and even though they weren't a lot, they seemed to have impacted the MC's heart the most.

Edit: Ichika too high. She is probably lowest because of her bad actions. Itsuki is second on the spectrum not because she is bad but because she's more like a friend and is doing her own thing. Yotsuba is in the middle, and she cares about MC's well-being, so that's why she won. Miku and Nino both clearly like him but in different ways, yet, there's an imbalance where they love him more than MC loves them. That's why Yotsuba 'won'.
W3TFTOct 1, 2023 6:55 PM
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Oct 29, 2023 3:27 PM

Jul 2011
should've been Miku
Jan 3, 11:43 AM

Oct 2021
Honestly, even though my ship (itsuki) failed. I still would be OK... if it wasn't someone like yotsuba who had no hints, thus never seemed like a potential romantic interest. She was more like a friend than that. I also strongly dislike how false strong signs were given, I seriously dislike that. For example the case with Itsuki. I later on found out that she had done that Rena impersonation upon yotsuba's request. The problem is, I don't recall this being explained in season 2, which is problematic. I honestly wouldn't give a 9 or 10 to any of the seasons if I knew the author was going to be like this, but I finished the whole series so why not just leave the negative feelings aside and look objectively a bit. Though I must admit, I might have teared up a bit that it ended. The comedy was also spot on for me, especially the MC, he's very well written and something I don't see often in those romantic animes, let alone in harem ones. They're usually either retarded apes or they're one of those badass op MCs. There are some other things I really liked, but they don't need to be pointed out. I might start reading the manga someday, the anime felt a bit rushed and it appears that it had some things not adapted from the manga.

Btw can someone tell me who it was that kissed MC in itsuki's disguise? He said "so that must be...", but we never got an answer.
It feels like yotsuba, but previously ichika teased him about it, where we also got no answer. Even though it was in disguise and probably not itsuki, it still feels nice being able to see "itsuki" kiss the MC way sooner than the others. Oh and, I still dob't get it. The grandpa in season 2 episode 7, in the end said "since Rena is gone, my grandkids are what I can only live for". What does that mean? Why did he mention Rena? Does Rena actually exist or was grandpa playing along with yotsuba's request? Though why would he mention Rena as if she was someone he cared for? What do you mean "since Rena"? Why did he say that? Was grandpa living for Rena and/or the grandkids? Seriously, who's Rena?
AsudoxJan 3, 12:05 PM
yes.
Mar 30, 11:17 AM
Mar 2018
Am I the only one who thought Itsuki was it in the second season and was truly rooting for her in this movie. I was hoping it would go full circle since she’s the first twin he met. I’m so bothered that it was Yotsuba 🥲 my order of how I would’ve liked for them to be chose is as follows:

1. Itsuki
2. Miku
3. Nino
4. Ichika
5. Yotsuba

Like I genuinely thought Itsuki was the one from his childhood when she dressed up as Rena and I thought she was being considerate to tell Yotsuba to tell him it was her. I think I just misunderstood which is why I’m so hot and bothered about it.

This is the first time I post on a discussion page from my how pissed I felt. But nonetheless I enjoyed watching the show.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

28 by Shindaa »»
Yesterday, 1:13 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end

Megan1918 - Apr 15

49 by DarrenLikeAnime »»
Apr 17, 5:29 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

345 by Colin-rol-1310 »»
Mar 10, 10:33 AM

» Quintessential Quintuplets didnt know what to do with Itsuki

onionboys - Nov 26, 2022

29 by Crumb101 »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:52 AM

» Unfulfilled, loved the series but this movie was 💩

DezzyFox55 - Apr 19, 2023

22 by dk107_ »»
Sep 9, 2023 10:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.